• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 1

DTL is going to CREAM himself watching this. That's all I'm going to say about this here, because I really, really, really don't want to spoil any of the surprises in the first episode. This show is going to have people talking. It's cliched as fuck, it feels like a pure Gundam-as-fuck opening episode, and then.... it throws the GEASS at everyone. I'm totally satisfied by the first episode simply because of how they delivered something I really did not expect. So I'm not going to ruin it for anyone else. :p

kpjolee

DTL is going to CREAM himself watching this. That's all I'm going to say about this here, because I really, really, really don't want to spoil any of the surprises in the first episode. This show is going to have people talking. It's cliched as fuck, it feels like a pure Gundam-as-fuck opening episode, and then.... it throws the GEASS at everyone. I'm totally satisfied by the first episode simply because of how they delivered something I really did not expect. So I'm not going to ruin it for anyone else. :p

Mecha is coming back this year confirmed?

Am so hyped for Valvrave, sounds like it truly lives up to my aspirations for it. Cant wait for Crunchyroll on tomorrow.

Kazzy

wFEslP1.gif

And they said the Enigma code could never be cracked!

Amazing.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

FUCK.

Would this thread be a good place to ask for anime recommendations from the past few years? I haven't really watched anything since 2009/10. The last one I watched was Eden of the East, if that helps. I really liked that.

I don't have much of a genre preference. I've enjoyed a broad range of anime in the past, so whatever you think is good. I have found the anime of the year awards, although a lot of people in the threads are complaining about the results so I'm not sure whether to trust them :p I'm also not really sure where to start since 3-4 years is a lot of time.

Any help is appreciated.

Fake edit: while writing this post I was told there's a new Eureka 7 and then that it's not good. Is this a cruel joke or is it really bad?

Would this thread be a good place to ask for anime recommendations from the past few years? I haven't really watched anything since 2009/10. The last one I watched was Eden of the East, if that helps. I really liked that.

I don't have much of a genre preference. I've enjoyed a broad range of anime in the past, so whatever you think is good. I have found the anime of the year awards, although a lot of people in the threads are complaining about the results so I'm not sure whether to trust them :p I'm also not really sure where to start since 3-4 years is a lot of time.

Any help is appreciated.

Fake edit: while writing this post I was told there's a new Eureka 7 and then that it's not good. Is this a cruel joke or is it really bad?

Definitely watch:
Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Chihayafuru
Fate/Zero
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Katanagatari
Nichijou
Hidamari Sketch (latest 2 are recent, watch the earlier ones anyway!)
Sora no Woto

Any help is appreciated.

Eureka Seven AO is much better than Eureka 7 focusing on and improving the many faults of Eureka 7 and incorporating many improvements, like the main character, music, and visuals. Its worth looking into.

If you have time to look into five anime, then I suggest
Phi Brain
K
Guilty Crown
Tsuritama
Blast of Tempest
Durarara!!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Bailing out. Avoiding everything until I watch the first episode of Valvrave per duckroll's impressions. LAters.

Kurita

Any help is appreciated.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Space Brothers
Kids On The Slope
Polar Bear Cafe

Jarmel

Banned
Eureka Seven AO is much better than Eureka 7 focusing on and improving the many faults of Eureka 7 and incorporating many improvements, like the main character, music, and visuals. Its worth looking into.

Oh Jesus before he takes you seriously, here is a post from duckroll later in the show:
Episode 22 (END?)

Terrible. Awful. Disrespectful. Insulting. Lame. Dumb. Pitiful. There are so many ways to describe this episode, but ultimately all those descriptions can be labeled on the show in general. It is clear now that there was always a plan for E7AO. It was just an awful plan, written in a way which would never be satisfying, and going in directions which served no purpose.

- Every single major character development in the show is pointless

- Every single subplot in the show leads to a dead end which gets negated

- Every single faction in the show is inconsequential

- Every single threat in the show does not build up to anything

- Nothing the characters have learned in 22 episodes mattered in the end

- There is no worthy foe in the entire series

- Nothing in the original Eureka Seven series really matters

- Nothing in Eureka Seven AO really matters

- The entire show was just an excuse to try and milk something out of old fans while attracting a new audience with new characters

- In the end the show never intended to satisfy the old fans nor the new audiences

It's sad, because this episode has some of the best mecha action since ep14 probably, but it's so hard to care because at this point it feels like a few capable animators just furiously jerking off onto their canvas hoping that the cum will cover up the disgraceful piece of work under it. But as their spent seed slowly drips off the canvas, their left standing there with their pants down, holding their limp dick, and their disgrace and shame is visible both on the canvas and on their face.

Fuck this show, and fuck everyone who wasted their time working on it.

Ezalc

I'm too lazy to make a list of shows, but the one advice I'll give you is that you should basically never listen to DTL. We've been trying to figure out for years if he actually likes horrible shows or if it's all some joke account but I'm not sure. Either way it's better for you to disregard his opinion on the new Eureka 7 show.

JCG

It was certainly something that's for sure. I'd say Code Geass was actually more straightforward than this though.

trejo

Happy birthday Cosmicblizzard!

May your shounen hotbloodedness increase this year as well.

Did you ever manage to make it past Wakfu's first episode?

Theonik

Oh, I go out for a bit and the thread blows up I see what it's like. Happy birthday Cosmic!

So there'd be a divide by zero error in his typical yaoi favourites?
It would tend to infinity as the cgdct index decreased but would never reach that as there can be no media without any cgdct at all.

Maybe when mecha animators stop being dead.
Studios need to increase their Ramen intake. They are all BONES.

Definitely watch:
Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Chihayafuru
Fate/Zero
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Katanagatari
Nichijou
Hidamari Sketch (latest 2 are recent, watch the earlier ones anyway!)
Sora no Woto

If you have time to look into five anime, then I suggest
Phi Brain
K
Guilty Crown
Tsuritama
Blast of Tempest
Durarara!!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Space Brothers
Kids On The Slope
Polar Bear Cafe

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've made a txt file list and I'll work through them.

Oh Jesus before he takes you seriously, here is a post from duckroll later in the show:

I'm too lazy to make a list of shows, but the one advice I'll give you is that you should basically never listen to DTL. We've been trying to figure out for years if he actually likes horrible shows or if it's all some joke account but I'm not sure. Either way it's better for you to disregard his opinion on the new Eureka 7 show.

Ha! I'll keep that in mind. Duckroll's AO post is both hilarious and heartbreaking.

Kurita

Hey, he likes some good animes/mangas.

Dynedom

Happy birthday to our shounen overlord cosmicblizzard

To whoever was considering it, avoid Eureka 7 AO.

Avoid Guilty Crown as well.

trejo

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've made a txt file list and I'll work through them.

Ha! I'll keep that in mind. Duckroll's AO post is both hilarious and heartbreaking.

Out of DTL's list, though, I gotta say Tsuritama is the only one that is legit good so you should totally get on that.

I've tried, but damn is it tough to get past that art style and character design.

Shit gets shounen as fuck later on. Trust me.

Metrotab

Banned
Happy birthday CosmicBlizzard!

Samurai Champloo - 13

Some backstory on Mugen. Apparently he used to roll with pirates. Don't see why they want to kill him suddenly though.

AKIBARANGER S2 - 01

キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!! *waits for next week* (._.)

Majestic Prince - 02

Nico Nico douga still going full power I see. Nice episode.
I really liked the OP.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? of the Dead- 01

Did they increase the budge or is this just the first episode?
Barf moe. Tentacle play. Fucking close-ups, my eyes!!
Haruna is back. Back! Even Mystletainn got a voice.
Ayumu is way too cute, you mustn't become any cuter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom