• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
icKOHayl.jpg

Moe or No?
Not moe.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? of the Dead - 05

Dat stripping. The music was cracking me up. Thanks Anderson.
How effective can be cooling down Eu helm?
Kyoko sure is taking her time.

naruto+300.png

Trollkage is the best.

Naruto Shippuden Episodes 300-303

Enjoyed how they expanded the interaction between the army and 2nd Mizukage. Was really funny when they had the banter back and forth between them. Him having a little more time to showoff his personality before he was sealed was much appreciated.

The fight with him vs Gaara and the Tsuchikage, I thought was animated okay. Really glad too since I wanted to see Jokey Boy in action.

Not exactly happy they're back to fillers in the next couple of episodes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb

And with that, I am done with Hidamari Sketch (until based Shaft brings us more!). I really do think Honeycomb was the best season yet. In fact, the show's only gotten better since the start. Though there was a very noticeable increase in quality around SP and the Hoshimittsu specials.

So glad I watched this show, and glad I didn't let my usual "don't watch shows longer than 26 episodes" guideline keep me from watching. It's just so...damn good. Just a relaxing, happy series. The Sae/Hiro graduation special is coming, though...and I know that's going to bring the tears. ;_; I certainly hope it's not the end of Hidamari, though. Of course it won't be, since the show can't end before Yuno and Miyako's graduation.

Actually, I think the ideal ending for Hidamari Sketch would be Yuno and Miyako's graduation, followed by a year timeskip to the whole gang getting together to celebrate Nori and Nazuna's graduation. In fact I think I'd be kinda shocked if the series ended any other way.

Anyway, bring on more Hidamari Sketch, Shaft! I'm ready! :D

And with that, I am done with Hidamari Sketch (until based Shaft brings us more!). I really do think Honeycomb was the best season yet. In fact, the show's only gotten better since the start. Though there was a very noticeable increase in quality around SP and the Hoshimittsu specials.

So glad I watched this show, and glad I didn't let my usual "don't watch shows longer than 26 episodes" guideline keep me from watching. It's just so...damn good. Just a relaxing, happy series. The Sae/Hiro graduation special is coming, though...and I know that's going to bring the tears. ;_; I certainly hope it's not the end of Hidamari, though. Of course it won't be, since the show can't end before Yuno and Miyako's graduation.

Actually, I think the ideal ending for Hidamari Sketch would be Yuno and Miyako's graduation, followed by a year timeskip to the whole gang getting together to celebrate Nori and Nazuna's graduation. In fact I think I'd be kinda shocked if the series ended any other way.

Great to see someone enjoyed one of my favorite shows. The only other show that's made me feel just as, if not more great is K-ON. I'm going to cry gigantic bitch tears not only at Sae and Hiro's graduation, but at the conclusion that Ume will most likely be writing soon enough.

Ultimadrago

It's nice to see you had fun with it. Seeing you watch it reminded me of my run which only started mid-last year or so. Funnily enough, I can't remember why I really started watching it in the first place. Nonetheless, it was largely a pleasant experience. I still hail x365 as the strongest season in the series for its segmented, yet focused, take on each character (even Yoshinoya!) as well as some of the best use of well-animated scenes from the series to this day.

I'm definitely looking forward to their ideas for specials, if there is a set not including Sae/Hiro. Plus, perhaps it will summon Mandoric and JouleJoule for a second.

It's nice to see you had fun with it. Seeing you watch it reminded me of my run which only started mid-last year or so. Funnily enough, I can't remember why I really started watching it in the first place. Nonetheless, it was largely a pleasant experience. I still hail x365 as the strongest season in the series for its segmented, yet focused, take on each character (even Yoshinoya!) as well as some of the best use of well-animated scenes from the series to this day.

I'm definitely looking forward to their ideas for specials, if there is a set not including Sae/Hiro. Plus, perhaps it will summon Mandoric and JouleJoule for a second.

x365 was my favorite too. Not sure how to describe it, but it definitely felt like the most "genuine" Hidamari experience. The first season was rough around the edges but still great, and x365 just really improved everything about it.

I think I like Honeycomb's "character design" the most though. Not really sure why.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Episode 1
tumblr_ml47wccX9W1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_ml47wccX9W1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I guess SNAFU is kind of a funny anime at times. OP sounds really amazing and Yukino sounds really familiar, Sachi from SAO maybe with a hint of Miho in Bakuman? Hikigaya is utterly hilarious and has the best lines and insights into life. Will follow I guess.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
x365 was my favorite too. Not sure how to describe it, but it definitely felt like the most "genuine" Hidamari experience. The first season was rough around the edges but still great, and x365 just really improved everything about it.

I think I like Honeycomb's "character design" the most though. Not really sure why.

While I do feel that Hidamari has only gotten better as it's gone on, I will say that x365 was definitely the biggest overall jump in quality between seasons, both in animation and writing. I specifically remember being blown away by how much the animation was improved in the first episode. I think SP/the Hoshimittsu specials marked a bigger jump in the quality of writing and the pacing, but x365 represented a much larger overall increase in quality in every respect due to the animation being so much nicer. If that makes any sense.

Saint Seiya episode 52

I dunno why I keep torturing myself but each time I see the armor I get excited and end up watching.

The good thing is that it might actually be good now that old faces are in the picture and the new armor looks awesome.

Still dislike the wannabe Ikki clone, Eden. Haruto is the worst Saint ever. As for the rest, meh for the most part.

Still trying to pick up new anime to fill the void I have with all my basic shows gone.

Ultimadrago

In this department, I'm slightly shaky with Honeycomb. It feels that every character has their basis from older seasons "touched on" well besides Miyako who simply has changed drastically. It could just be me, since she's my favorite, but she's almost alien to me in some Honeycomb shots.

Of course, there are some that work extremely well with the character too:
I can guarantee this expression wouldn't have looked as good with the older design.

Man, my 6th grade girls are so hyped for the new season of Oreimo.

They couldn't stop jabbering to me about how awesome it's gonna be.

Peer pressure at its finest. Your duty is now to watch and join the "In" crowd!

Do not fight it, RyougaSaotome. Mwuhuhahaha!

yami4ct

[Akibaranger 2]-01

Not going to lie, I walked away pretty disappointed with this one. The first half especially just wasn't nearly as clever as Season 1. Typically, I'd be laughing constantly throughout an episode. Here, they only had like 3 moments that I found at all funny. The
battles with toys and giant crossover battle
were great, but something felt missing. I don't know, maybe they've run out of clever ways to lampoon sentai or maybe the writers just don't have as clever a material anymore. I hope that's not the case, but first episode has me really worried.

Best part of the episode for me? There's a moment and character at the end that seem to be a Kamen Rider reference. That's the moment that had me laughing the most.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? of the Dead - 06

I'LL BE BACK!
From one crossdressing trap to another
, Gaia has forsaken Ayumu.
More character should cough up blood when talking in a roundabout way.
Boobs are justice! The megalo was right this time, he just should make sure his finger reached the trigger.
Finally the fairy will do something, she's been taking her time like Kyoko.

In this department, I'm slightly shaky with Honeycomb. It feels that every character has their basis from older seasons "touched on" well besides Miyako who simply has changed drastically. It could just be me, since she's my favorite, but she's almost alien to me in some Honeycomb shots.

Of course, there are some that work extremely well with the character too:

I can guarantee this expression wouldn't have looked as good with the older design.

Miyako definitely looks the same to me no matter how much I look at each season, so maybe that is just you.

Honeycomb's character design to me feels just right. It's like the designers finally knew how to draw the perfect characters after so many seasons.

Top being from x365 (pretty damn sure) and bottom from Honeycomb, the subtle differences make a difference that I really like.

Ultimadrago

Miyako definitely looks the same to me no matter how much I look at each season, so maybe that is just you.

Honeycomb's character design to me feels just right. It's like the designers finally knew how to draw the perfect characters after so many seasons.

Top being from x365 (pretty damn sure) and bottom from Honeycomb, the subtle differences make a difference that I really like.

I find most of the changes alright. Most of the designs didn't detract nor actively added to my experience watching Honeycomb. The characters were still spot on in their personality/dynamics and that's what I really care about at the end of the day.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 12

That couple probably gets a little too much of their love advice from total strangers who own stores to go to shop at. I guess that one dude was at the flower shop fairly regularly though. Kinda entertaining though how Tsubomi and Erika injected themselves into their respective conversations. Love how Erika's mom was all "Girl, get the fuck outta here" that one time. And how Tsubomi's family was so shocked to hear the guy was going to propose, like it's so shocking that a guy who's been going out with his girlfriend for a while and has bought her numerous bouquets of flowers was going to propose. So they randomly both decide to invite them to a barbecue they're going to. Whatever gets them to return to the store, I guess.

Tsubomi's little puppet show with the two fairies is probably the biggest :cajun moment so far in this show. She was into that shit.

I find most of the changes alright. Most of the designs didn't detract nor actively added to my experience watching Honeycomb. The characters were still spot on in their personality/dynamics and that's what I really care about at the end of the day.

Well said. Now just one more excuse for me to post this again.

tAnpweb.gif

HOly shit! This got licensed?!

How did I miss that announcement?
Or maybe I didn't and I just forgot. I am an old man after all.

Well its an import that Rightstuf is bringing just announced on today.

Posted on: Thursday, April 11, 2013
RightStuf.com is excited to team up with Studio Rikka and DIRECTIONS to offer the TIME OF EVE (Eve no Jikan) OVA/ONA to English-speaking fans. The import Blu-ray release is the definitive "director's cut" of the six original net animation episodes and features enhanced hi-def visuals, remastered Japanese audio and English subtitles, as well as multiple covers featuring the series' main characters.

Articalys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom