• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEVIL SURVIVOR 2 THE ANIMATION Episode 2 – Monday of Upheaval - I
tumblr_ml3vsw8Qdp1r6syygo1_500.gif

I guess like any usual Monday morning after a refreshing weekend, the episode for the most part just sluggishly gets things going, fortunately, by the afternoon things are up to speed, and thus, the episode, to me, was like that too. Hibiki Daichi moments really were excellent and great and his VA, Daichi's really got into the role and made it so emotional
my teary eyes at how he was begging and pleading and so concerned for Hibiki there, if only his phone wasnt under repair
. Great Byakko stuff.

Why cant Anguished One be more involved and next episode, the character Ive been dying to see so much

Jarmel

Banned
Majestic Prince 2-

I'm very close to dropping the show. Nothing is really working. The cast isn't as funny as they think they are and really feel underdeveloped as a whole, the premise is stupid, the comedy isn't working at all, the action was really stale in this episode, and the show looks awful barring the CGI segments. If it wasn't talked about so much here, I definitely would be dropping the show. It's just not entertaining at any level for me. Oh and

4513350192_cfa280eddf_z.jpg

The Chief wants you to do the Dew!

cajunator

Banned
You ever not happy?

I have bad days at work sometimes.

Observing the day dispatcher on the other shift has shown me that my own day dispatch slide is quite terrible and I have to do twice the work off the other night dispatcher because of his sloppiness. but somebody has to get the work done. At least boss likes me.

cajunator

Banned

CorvoSol

Azumanga Daioh 7

HAHAHA, Chiyo as a creepy cat monster. Surprised the girls put the costume on again after finding out Mr. Kimura had been in it. Kinda funny that the only major male characters in this show are 1)a creep, 2) a dog, and 3) maybe a bird or a cat or Chiyo's dad.

Anyway, Sakaki got to pet Mr. Tadekichi, and her idea was adopted for the class' culture fest exhibit. Has Sakaki ever really smiled? She rarely seems to smile, as opposed to Osaka, who has a blank smile ALL THE TIME. I also think its funny how Yomi's glasses become opaque whenever Tomo says something ridiculously stupid.

Yomi and Tomo are kinda like Kurasawa and Yukari.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Acchi Kocchi

Man...what an adorable show. :cajun levels were off the charts. I think I laughed harder at Hime's nosebleeds than anything else, heh.

But...I do feel like the show ended on a disappointing note.
Ep. 11 ended with what seemed like Io realizing he had feelings for Tsumiki, and then...nothing ever happens. I thought that maybe the OVA episode would resolve that, but...nope. Just a pat on the head is all we got. I know this was more of an "innocent" romance story than something like Toradora, but still...I can't help but feel disappointed in how it ended.

Still, in spite of that, great show, and absolutely adorable. Just a shame the ending had to drag it down a bit for me.

cajunator

Banned
Azumanga Daioh 7

HAHAHA, Chiyo as a creepy cat monster. Surprised the girls put the costume on again after finding out Mr. Kimura had been in it. Kinda funny that the only major male characters in this show are 1)a creep, 2) a dog, and 3) maybe a bird or a cat or Chiyo's dad.

Anyway, Sakaki got to pet Mr. Tadekichi, and her idea was adopted for the class' culture fest exhibit. Has Sakaki ever really smiled? She rarely seems to smile, as opposed to Osaka, who has a blank smile ALL THE TIME. I also think its funny how Yomi's glasses become opaque whenever Tomo says something ridiculously stupid.

Yomi and Tomo are kinda like Kurasawa and Yukari.

Mr Tadekichi is the best name for a dog ever.

Galaxy Express 999 - 01

...well this certainly is one fucked-up future. So if I can't afford to become a cyborg I have to live underground or else be hunted and shot like a dog? WTF?

Defuser

Hataraku Maou-Sama! ep 2
CHYMXXk.png

Dat Emillia's ass.

Turn out she is a nice addition to the show. I love her breakdown when they wouldn't open the door for her lol.

Nafe

I see jbug617 had pointed out about more IS now before I did here.

---

Where are you, Nafe? No one has wished me a happy birthday yet, and that's only making my quarter-life crisis worse!

Sorry, I've been busy. It seems I'm now later than everyone else but I still wish you a Happy Birthday!

Vagina bones, man, vagina bones!

And through no fault of my own (ie, spending too much time on IRC), I basically ended up watching the show watching like 4 times. I figure I owed them. lol

The fact that they, for whatever reason, included many of the Japanese extras on the disc was also a pleasant surprise that I wanted to support.

The English BD for IS does kind of sound like a good deal. I forget, did you buy Bakemonogatari? I was wondering if those audio commentaries are really worth it or if they just ultimately turned out to be not that much and one of those kind of things that was interesting to listen to but probably only once or twice.

No, it's unknown at this point. The first season itself never received an official episode count either before we got the second season announced.

Well, true it is unknown (I think they didn't mention a thing at the recent TAF event for the next series), but as the new one is on the same prelude time segment to the tv asahi's SUPER HERO TIME channel block on Sundays (http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/anime/), we can assume it will have exactly the same amount of episodes... as it is tradition.

Ah, I thought the episode count was known before then. It seems the time slot might not be an indication then but could still be long running perhaps, okay. I knew PreCure was about as many days as they could fit in excluding holidays thanks to 7Th and just getting into Kamen Rider and Sentai it seems they are about 50 episodes or so as well. Okay, thanks for the replies.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? - 01

Eucliwood was love at first site. <3
Voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi (Sailor Moon) in this episode as well!

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? - 08

Mask Donalds is a brilliant idea, instead of asking for smiles you ask for poses.
Sera-nyan. <3
Haruna tsun tsun dere tsun tsun dere.
Where's Eu? Euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Sera is good too. Voiced by Yoko Hikasa!

Nafe I need the source of your avatar.
I NEED IT.

Here you go.

I'm dying guys. The new secretary at this school has a K-On! coffee mug at his desk, and I'm struggling with hiding my internal giggling.

My life is so anime sometimes. Ok, most of the time.

Maybe all of the time?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Think of what level of :SDBurton is allowed in OAVs and then concentrate that into 4 minutes. So yes.

Yeah I saw the first episode earlier and loved it. Just finished the second one.

==========================================

Ebiten Doki Doki no Onsen - 02

Man, this show is leeeeeewd.
And I looooove it.

Happy birthday cosmicblizzard!

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 13

Shit's really beginning to go down now. For real.

I feel like a total dumbass for not realizing
that that was Yuri who was Cure Moonlight. I saw her in that one episode with Momoka, and then I saw her at the greenhouse, and I just never put 2 and 2 together and realized they were the same person. But DAMN, even without her seed, she still whooped the shit out of those minions.

I'm puzzled as to why the professor
told Dark Precure to back off. I know he doesn't want her hung up on Cure Moonlight, and I'm assuming there's a legitimate reason, such as that he has a plan that involves her and he doesn't want Dark Precure fucking it up, or that he simply does not want to risk her getting her heart seed back. Maybe I'm wrong and it was just deus ex machina. But still, she had Blossom and Marine dead to rights. Why didn't he just let her kill them and then make her go back with him?

I can tell right now that this show is gonna pull some heart-tearing shit with
Yuri and her mother. They seem so close. Yuri went to save her when the station was under attack, and then her mother was so worried about her. And they are living only with each other since Yuri's dad left.
I can see it coming. Best get prepared for it now.

Articalys

Fun fact: did you know three Idolmaster seiyuu provided some of the character noises for Twilight Princess? Hiromi Hirata (Makoto), Juri Takita (Kotori), and Naomi Wakabayashi (Ritsuko) are all in the credits. Similarly, Asami Imai (Chihaya) and Chiaki Takahashi (Azusa) contributed to The Wind Waker.

cajunator

Banned
Twilight Princess was pretty awesome because it was like a better OOT in many ways.
Skyward Sword has the cutest Princess Zelda though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
OreGairu 1 (aka "My Teen Romantic Comedy is Wrong as Expected")

Hm. This wasn't too bad. Somehow it reminds me of Tonari despite being nothing like it. Hm. Anyway, I'll keep it in my weekly rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom