• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Why anime?

fat13657721491977uuqh.jpg

Uh what?

NOVID WAS RIGHT

Theonik

Just wait until they go back in time and pick up Heartcatch.

FUCK SHIT WHAGH
Well Smile isn't Music or Fashion themed (more than usual PreCure). I said it on IRC but imagine if they pull a robotech and edit several PreCure shows into one single show. Fashion is HeartCatch, Music is Suite.
They also do a Charlie's Angels plot with Psy as Charlie. Thanks Enron for the last one.

Jex

Sunrise mecha death rule : If you don't see a body or white light engulfing a character in a upclose shot, he/she is probably still alive.

That's actually a rule that applies to all anime.

Heck, everything outside anime as well.

Nafe

Hataraku Maou-sama! 2

Kind of a let down from such a great first episode, but it was still fun. Emi's a fun character and it seems Chiyo is going to become a bigger part of the show which will be great.

Also I'm PREEEEEEEEEEETTY sure Emi's friend at her work is voiced by Tanezaki Atsumi, AKA:

iBDMUpbx7fQuZ.jpg

which hopefully means she's working her way up to get bigger roles!

I looked under the cast in the credits and I didn't see her name, so she's either unlisted for whatever reason or that character is voiced by someone else who just sounded like her to you.

icKOHayl.jpg

Extreme~Moe!

Voiced by Yoko Hikasa as well!
That's another show to add to your list then if you're not watching it already.

Jex

This is surprisingly good news?

:p

I hate SAO but it was very well directed.

I don't think I'd ever go that far. To say that it was above average for an anime production would be fair, but just highlights the tendency of most TV anime to be rather poorly directed. What you're claiming is that the direction was actual praiseworthy but I can't think of any moment in the series where I was really carried away by the exquisite craftsmanship of the direction.

Jex

So, at this point in the all important mecha rankings my thoughts are thus:

Gargantia
Valvrave
Majestic Prince

I have no intention of watching the second episode of MJP and I'm not really that excited to see another episode of Valrave either but I will probably give it one more chance.

Steroyd

Awww snap!

http://i.imgur.com/xhqYwvl.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9q3Du1P.jpg[IMG]

Railgun S is already looking better than ever! Maybe the Daihaisei Arc will be animated after all![/QUOTE]

Aaaaawwwww yeaaaaahh!!

[quote="7Th, post: 53664330"][url]https://twitter.com/nickandmore/status/322715120713228288[/url]
[url]https://twitter.com/nickandmore/status/322718890142625792[/url]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/E7prhXe.gif

Jex

Majestic Prince 02

This also good although the 2nd half kinda boring.

I'm surprised between this and Valvrave the CGI don't distracting me at all, I love how the mech look. Despite I waste my time on SRW and old mech anime lately. Only Gargantia that I don't like with CGI usage.

Well, I think the usage of CG is less distracting in those shows then what we've come to expect because it's not like they're trying to mesh the CG and the 2D, which is usually where the whole thing comes apart. That, and filters.

fertygo

Well, I think the usage of CG is less distracting in those shows then what we've come to expect because it's not like they're trying to mesh the CG and the 2D, which is usually where the whole thing comes apart. That, and filters.

Valvrave use many 2D effect though, MJP does the mech better but they still need to catch up for the effect with CG if not using hand drawn instead.

I looked under the cast in the credits and I didn't see her name, so she's either unlisted for whatever reason or that character is voiced by someone else who just sounded like her to you.

Was that character unlisted in the credits too? Because that absolutely sounded like her.

Jex

Valvrave use many 2D effect though, MJP does the mech better but they still need to catch up for the effect with CG if not using hand drawn instead.

I think 2D effects when combined with CG models don't tend to look that, instead, as you point out it looks a little better.

Or we could just get some great, classical mechanical animators to do it instead.

Just kidding.
If I ever see Al Khan, I'm setting him on fire. Fuck the bankers.

So you've been one and the same all along.

PsionBolt

Well fuck.

I know this is Saban we're talking about, but it's just not reasonably possible to mix together Precure like he does with Power Rangers. That's not a real concern. If anything, the person who wrote that synopsis got them mixed up.

I agree with the sentiment about Heartcatch though. Smile is a good show to dub (assuming they don't screw it up horribly). Heartcatch is not (because they definitely would screw it up horribly). And Smile's artstyle is much more 'safe' than Heartcatch's anyhow.

Jex

Never doubt the ability of small children not to notice or care. After all, it's all wacky colours, right?

ZetaEpyon

Hmm, that is tempting. But it's also pretty expensive so I doubt I will be acquiring it at this venture.

I think it's the same thing as has been available directly from the publisher (which I have). It's a little barebones, but it's still pretty nice - it includes a bunch of swappable cover art featuring the various characters, and the slipcover is decent.

Though, I do wish that it included the movie as well.

NeonZ

Well Smile isn't Music or Fashion themed (more than usual PreCure). I said it on IRC but imagine if they pull a robotech and edit several PreCure shows into one single show. Fashion is HeartCatch, Music is Suite.

I think the reference to fashion might be just Smile's transformation items. The description mentions 5 girls, so I can't see any combining happening here if it's really Pretty Cure. They do have lots of footage from the New Stage movie if they wanted to mix Smile and Suite though.

Did that character even have a name? I actually haven't seen the full episode yet, I just took a quick look at the credits sometime after reading your post.

I only assume that they list characters like "Boy A, Boy B, Women A" etc. for un-named characters in anime as I've seen in some other cartoons. I would assume she would just be "Coworker" or something similar if that were the case.

PsionBolt

duckroll said:
I dunno about that...
LegatoB said:
And let's not forget Captain Harlock and the Queen of a Thousand Years.
Or, you know, Robotech.
Jexhius said:
Never doubt the ability of small children not to notice or care. After all, it's all wacky colours, right?
Ahhhh. I'm not looking. No way. I won't believe it. That's not true, that's impossible.gif. Fingers in ears.
But really, robot and space shows are still close to Power Rangers in the sense that you can't see faces. Unlike Precure.

Sounds like they did a pretty good job with it then.

The strength of KyoAni comes out with the way they can make the show flow more naturally while still retaining the jokes and quirks of the 4koma. That and being able to make two full episodes out of one chapter in the manga
which is about 10 pages long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom