• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Time to do a cross post from the Flower of Evil OT:

I decided to read the first volume of Flowers of Evil at Books of Million (I almost became *that* guy, but at least I was sitting on a chair reading it rather than being on the god damn floor). I really enjoyed the first volume, and I plan to return to my bookstore to finish reading the other volumes when I have more time.

There are a few scenes in the anime that I am excited to see now because of the new art style. I am pretty happy with the change of style, since it gives me another reason to watch the anime. Some scenes are going to be far creepier because of the anime's art style. Shit, I cannot wait! Thanks for leading me to this manga and show, OP (and Anime-Gaf).

I enjoyed the show but I don't think we will see a season 2 anytime soon.

I doubt we will ever get a season two. :-(

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 15

Itsuki was the star here. She faces a crisis of identity between her love for martial arts and her desire to join the fashion club and do other such girly things. Well, she certainly can do the family style; she went toe-to-toe with Kumojacky for a while and ended up saving both Blossom and Marine. She then comes to the conclusion that she likes both martial arts and cute things and that's okay.

Hope she still wears the boys' uniform though. Tomboy girls are usually some of the best, and I don't want her girly things ruining that. Then again, liking cute things didn't stop Makoto from being best iM@S, so I'll give Itsuki the benefit of the doubt for now.

7Th

Wow, he really likes drawing girls.

Only shitty animators don't. I mean, I've browsed quite a bit of animator doujins and blogs and they all focus on drawing cute girls.

Someone post that picture with that one animator saying something along the lines of "I like cute girls and I like drawing them."

Jex

The rest of the show is like the OP. Still some :chet in there though.

The ED is false on multiple levels as only 1 of the 3 girls is a lesbian.

Hah, now I'm the one getting blocked by ANN for this video, although of coruse I already know what it contains. Fascinating.

That's why I said in parts, for a while they've gone at 1 chapter per episode pacing, which was painfully exposed in the Impel Down and Marineford arc and beyond, but moments like Sogekings song would simply not have been possible in that manner in the manga by virtue of having sound.

Whole water7/enies lobby arc was vastly improved with sound and voice acting. Damn those emotional moments.
Also dat merry voice. Made me always cry when I heard it.

The rest of the show is like the OP. Still some :chet in there though.

The ED is false on multiple levels as only 1 of the 3 girls is a lesbian.

Oh, now I remember talking about it before and how I should watch it. I'll get to it at some point, but considering I haven't really been watching anything outside of rewatching K-ON!, it might be a while before then...

Soma

Teenage RomCom SNAFU Episode 02

Man this is boring as fuck.

Absolutely nothing about this stands out to me in terms of comedy or subject matter. I really don't feel like this has much of a unique identity outside of attempting to subvert the average romcom tropes yet I don't even think it does a particularly good job of doing that. There's some good dialogue to be found but If I wanted to watch an anti-social girl verbally abuse some creepy guy I'd just rather watch Bakemonogatari. Not really worth warranting the 3 episode rule for me.

Metrotab

Banned
The Satan Works At McDonalds Show - 2

Still funny! That's two for two.
I love how they use dramatic music and then deflate the moment immediately.
The Hero's eyes remind me of Amagami and Koi Choco.

Theonik

I was going to say Ippo but felt like I hadn't read enough of the manga to pass comment.

Ghost in the Shell is one I should have thought of myself.

Also, I'm getting the urge to watch the Needless OP again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6M4Lp_kRS0
Awosome OP for awesome show.

When you say improved, are you counting remaining faithful, yet elevating it in terms of presentation and whatnot?

In that case, off the top of my head

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2012
Mirai Nikki
Death Note (minus the ending)
Hunter x Hunter 2011
Are the Mirai Nikki and Deathnote manga really that awful?

This is like if they had named the Sailor Moon dub "Macarena Warriors" back in the nineties.
I'd approve if they changed the transformation music appropriately.

And lets not forget that ED OH DEAR GOD NSFW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgDTyj8Qxbg
Awesome ED for a surprisingly awesome show.

Morning redeemed.

...so I take it the rest of the show isn't like that?
The show is more about the adventures of a lolicon priest that looks like Kamina.

I don't think just posting NFSW is enough, need to highlight it and add police sirens to get the point across.

I can imagine SDBurton sitting through the whole episode just to sip the fine wine of the ED.
I know I have.

Novid

Banned
0X3ichk.jpg

what I tell you.

what did I fucking tell all yall.

That C3-bu thing looks interesting. I hope that neo-Gainax can manage to make it good.

Arata Kangatari 01

Katanagatari is bestgatari.

Arata Kangatari is worstgatari. Everything about this was awful. Completely uninteresting, dull, generic, poor direction, and perhaps most offending of all the weapon design in this show is downright atrocious. Arata is a total loser,
well really both Aratas are
. Then again all characters named Arata are losers.

On the positive side the main girl is pretty cute but thats not enough to get me to stay around for this show very long.

The series is a shonen from the mangaka who did Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres... I expect lots of annoying drama. There's some in the first episode, but I expect it to get worse...

Theonik

He didn't say that. They are pretty damn good imo
But if the anime are better than the manga then logic would only imply the manga must have been sewage.
Given the Mirai Nikki anime was absolute tripe, only worthwhile because of the wahja involved.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 16

A group of middle schoolers really doesn't have any right to be as good at designing clothes as the Fashion Club is., but I guess with Erika's family and all it's more understandable. That was one impressive dress they crafted for Azusa. Too bad Azusa was a Nazi and almost ruined the point of them making it by pissing off everybody in the Drama Club and leading them to quit.

I love the transformation sequences and powers in this show. And the fight scenes are sooooooooooooo much better than in Futari wa. There's actual fighting and much less of the deus ex machina bullshit that plagued that show. In fact, just about everything in this show is better than in Futari wa.

Kurita

But if the anime are better than the manga then logic would only imply the manga must have been sewage.
Given the Mirai Nikki anime was absolute tripe, only worthwhile because of the wahja involved.

Are you implying that Hunter x Hunter is sewage? ARE YOU?

/XX/

Where are you, Nafe? No one has wished me a happy birthday yet, and that's only making my quarter-life crisis worse!
cosmicblizzard, Happy Bir...

I've tried, but damn is it tough to get past that art style and character design.
... now I don't feel like saying it. :-(

Whatever... Happy Birthday, man!

Have a good one, Cosmic! You're older than me by two years and a single day.
Mature, Happy Birthday!

Just one additional day late in congratulating someone isn't that much of a offence, no?

If I ever see Al Khan, I'm setting him on fire. Fuck the bankers.
Mad Pierrot, Welcome Back!

Well, Nia is there who they only met after
Kamina died
. So it makes sense that he's not there. Pictures don't have to be canon but at least there's a reason he's not there.
Guys, that is the aftermath of this:

http://drinian.org/dump/gainaxtoppage/284_gurren.jpg

Sushio just wants to relive again how hyped he was when creating his own little movie-like episode 15 (http://gainax.weblogs.jp/gurrenlagann/2007/07/15_a2f5.html). He poured it all on said episode and some of his other illustrations dedicated to it reflect that. It is natural he wanted to show that appreciation again for what he and the team accomplished on such episode, on this bunch of special illustrations to commemorate their series anniversary released among others made by several members from the former staff.

I'm glad that cover says "Not Final" because it's all kinds of terrible.
Pretty sure that's the stock cover that came with my copy of the Japanese BD release, and I'm fairly sure this is exactly the same release. The Japanese version includes alternate covers featuring the rest of the cast, if you'd prefer those.
Yeah, it is. For a time there also was the nice limited edition Blu-ray & DVD combo:

イヴのブログ ~『イヴの時間』公式blog~
http://timeofeve.com/diarypro/diary.cgi?no=66

And talking of STUDIO RIKKA; it is mentioned in their latest news post on the official website (http://www.studio-rikka.com/) that more information about the definitive date of the final release for PATEMA INVERTED and a renovation of the webpage to coincide with it are hopefully soon to be coming. I wish the time is really near us!

Novid

Banned
We all seek to emulate the prophet.

its no prophecy man. Al Kahn would have had the first season of Pretty Cure years ago. Since hes gone, and none of the Japanese executives fully trust the rest of the dubbers, Saban returns and he pretty much gets first crack at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom