• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
al_kahn2.jpg

You Miss Me Yet?

Quasar

Photo Kano 1-2

Wow, this show is a special kind of slimy. I feel unclean.

Maybe just one more episode.

I did feel that way about the other guys in the photo club. Dude ought to be quitting the club and informing the relevant school authorities.

I did like the episode more though. At least this time I watched it all the way through.

Reknoc

I only explicitly mentioned those two! And actually Deathnote is OK. (most of it, not very good but entertaining) hyperbole aside.

Figures.

Actually to be fair I've never read Mirai Nikki, but DeathNote was, in retrospect, not that great. Certainly leagues better than Bakuman though.

Novid

Banned
I thought Jason DeMarco was going to cowtow to pressure to start at Episode 1 of One Piece. But this is why I trust him and put him at the same tier as Danny Choo (and congrats on DeMarco's upcoming Nuptials and Choo's Governmental Assignment for the Diet)

They start at 207. Yeah, people complain. But better there than rechange history.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Metrotab

Banned
Photokano - 2

This show is 10/10 in the creepy factor. But damn, is it entertaining.
The amount of girls this show has is staggering though, I can barely keep them apart!
And the Photography Club President's role is pretty much Kyousuke from Little Busters!. I really like his voice actor.

Valvrave - 01

I like it. Expect/want lots and lots of trainweck. =D
Wanted to hear the voice of the love interest girl more. =/

SNAFU - 02

First half had nothing...second half everything was Chuu2. At least one half was good.

Dennou Coil - 01

Yasako and Kyoko arraive at Daikoku and her ugly/kawaii/
virtual
dog, Densuke
goes missing.
Does the girl at the beginning know the dangers of an illegal
taking the body of a virtual pet? Or something different happen from what we are told in the episode?
Fumie could go easier on the explanations, even if I don't fell too lost, at least not as much as Yasako since
I imagined she might have some sort of GPS tracking function on Densuke before her.
I'm way more scared of the old lady from the episode preview than of the Satchii. I really like the ending.
What on earth is going on in this town?

Theonik

Actually to be fair I've never read Mirai Nikki, but DeathNote was, in retrospect, not that great. Certainly leagues better than Bakuman though.
I only read the ending of the Mirai Nikki manga actually so I can't speak much about it.
The hammer breaking timespace stuff was 'amazing'

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
On a more serious note, we really need to be more considerate about spoilers. Please. Can everyone be more considerate? Please?

Yo I need some clarification on this. Are we allowed to post spoilers so as long as we mentioned what they're for, and [.spoiler][./spoiler] them?

Mr.Jeff

Seriously though, so damn adorable. Shame there wasn't a satisfying ending. I blame waifu culture.

The major flaw I had with Acchi Kochi was that while it was an enjoyable comedy series, it's premise as having a romantic element was pretty stifled. It's made clear from the get go that Tsumiki likes Io and vice versa and everyone knows this and comments on it all the time. Yet nothing happens. They have this awkward kind of half relationship which fine, generates plenty of :cajun moments but it's also kind of unsatisfactory. If they'd just pushed d a bit further from the end of episode 11 it would have been a pretty amazing series instead of merely good.

Huh. I was watching Gao Gai Gar at some point, wasn't I?
Gao Gai Gar is a tough sell to people. You can mention how it ends up as something ridiculously hot blooded and enjoyable but you're still faced with an awful lot of early episodes where it's a Saturday morning kids program with monsters of the week. It's not bad but it's nothing spectacular.

Have a look back at Crovo Sol's earlier posts and you'll see even he was initally underwhelmed but his more recent reactions show that he loves it and truly he is not a man to hide his disappointment judging by his continual and correct criticism of the majority of the Gundam universe.

Speaking of adaptations making changes to the source material, can anyone think of any anime adaptations that actually improved on the original material? I mean, it's not really that common but it has to have happened a few times!
I want to say Aria but I can't really say that the animation itself improved upon the simply delicious Kozue Amano artwork. It did however produce in spades with its soundtrack which I feel qualifies it at least partially. Plus, a few of the additional episodes/expanded chapters I feel fit in well wit the tone of the series.

Speaking of such, Sketchbook perhaps? The 4-koma's quite good but the series dispensed with that kind of method of storytelling and rather improved it I think.

Onto fresher stuff, Hataraku Maou 02 was still pretty fun. That sequence at the end though with the Hero and Maou being
shot with magic bullets
spoke to me a bit of Index in some way I can't quite define. I hope any fights don't end up like that.

Lupin S2 is also proving not quite as fun as the first series thus far. Although, Goemon seems to have had a bit more character put into him which is quite nice!

And here was me wondering how people end up with walls of text! Well, this will probably be skimmed anywaaaaaaay.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The major flaw I had with Acchi Kochi was that while it was an enjoyable comedy series, it's premise as having a romantic element was pretty stifled. It's made clear from the get go that Tsumiki likes Io and vice versa and everyone knows this and comments on it all the time. Yet nothing happens. They have this awkward kind of half relationship which fine, generates plenty of :cajun moments but it's also kind of unsatisfactory. If they'd just pushed d a bit further from the end of episode 11 it would have been a pretty amazing series instead of merely good.

Exactly. Though I have to wonder if maybe the show ended how it did because they didn't know if they'd be back for a second season or not?

im not too sure how a satisfying ending for acchi kocchi would work.

making out and hot cat sex would be a bit of a tone shift.

Nobody's asking for anything as extreme as that, though.

Articalys

Did I miss much in the last several hours besides what seems like about three pages of agonizing over Precure hackjob rumors and a page or so of discussion about Needless' ending animation?

Metrotab

Banned
Aku no Hana - 2

Damn, he fucked up. Can't he just throw the clothes away? No one likes Nakamura so he should be much more believable by the rest of the class. It's not like she got proof.

EDIT: Also, this show's pretty great. Actually looked forward to this episode all week.

Mr.Jeff

im not too sure how a satisfying ending for acchi kocchi would work.

making out and hot cat sex would be a bit of a tone shift.
Well, sex would probably be pushing it too far because such a thing is not tolerated outside of hentai and shows with NTR based plots but something a bit more than "And thus they continued with their life, in a state of friends-but-not-quite-lovers-until-they-just-lost-interest-and-found-someone-else".

Granted it was an adaptation from a series which hadn't finished but still after their attempt at pushing it forward a bit, it ended up resetting the whole thing making the romance a bit pointless. The series just becomes a series of :cajun moments and comedy only.

Exactly. Though I have to wonder if maybe the show ended how it did because they didn't know if they'd be back for a second season or not?
I guess they were hoping but from what I recall it wasn't a rip-roaring success. It's a shame, I really did enjoy it a lot more than I thought.

yami4ct

Can I post my "angry rant" with marked spoilers that I posted in here? Not sure if jumping straight into spoiler talk is a good idea for a new OT.

Sure, why not? As long as major spoilers for first episode are marked, it's OK. It'll probably be more lax on spoilers for later episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom