• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

So I guess there was a timeskip in Kodomo no Jikan and now the girl is like, 16. Totally not pedo anymore.

8tPwpqt.jpg

SAIN SEYA OMEGA - 50

This was ...underwhelming ..episode wasn't bad ..it was just average ? unintresting ? not fun ?
Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2050.jpg

Then we are doomed !

All this stuff with aria staff for this ?

Episode was really not good.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So I saw the new Chuu2 CM and it was disgusting. Not at all what I was expecting. What the fuck?

KyoAni making light of abuse of the mentally-disabled is reprehensible.

More seriously, I suppose that otaku fall all over Rikka because, on top of being a vessel for the glorification of their delusional and antisocial lifestyle, she's so thoroughly infantalized; she's essentially a small domesticated animal in a human body with just enough higher cognition to be able to interact with the rest of the cast. The perfect epitome of a non-character.

zeroshiki

Hey, I think Biblia Koshodou no Jiken-Techou is Kadokawa.

Have faith!

The dorama was a massive failure considering it had an all star cast and the most important timeslot in all of Japanese TV. That might drive them to get gunshy with the property which is unfortunate.

Nafe

Yeah, just keychains. I know, princess forms are uggo, but it's what was available when I played my order. I gotta remember to buy stuff earlier in the season from now on.

They still look kind of cute though. I did a quick search and found this video on YouTube here and it looks like they have little voice clips too. That's kind of neat but they seem to talk a bit fast.

Oh yeah, sometime before I saw another one of those videos of the live action PreCure with the people in suits and this one had the Heartcatch girls and they just looked awful, haha. People thought the Smile ones, or even the recent Doki Doki ones I suppose, looked weird but these were way worse looking.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
tamako market:

I think it could be 'saved' by having
Dera leave as he intended, instead of boxing him right back into Tamako's arms.
There has to be a cost. A choice has no weight when there are no consequences.

That would ruin the entire point of the series though.
Dera trying to leave without telling Tamako goes against what the series had constantly said about making connections and properly communicating with each other. The "price" for that mistake is that Dera can't leave as he intended - that if he wants to leave, he has to tell Tamako straight up and not take the cheap way out.

The dorama was a massive failure considering it had an all star cast and the most important timeslot in all of Japanese TV. That might drive them to get gunshy with the property which is unfortunate.
So I take it I have no reason to watch the jdrama then. :p

CorvoSol

Mobile Fighter God Gundam 33

Now see, here is a good show. And a good Gundam show. No weird gender bent allies, one sucky character (Allenby) in the whole show, great music, emphasis on the fights without losing character development, easy to keep track of cast, bearable romance.

Gundam 00 is so much worse than this show that it isn't even funny.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The best Chu2 waifu isn't even fit to lick the soles of the worst Hyouka waifu.
What kind of doujins are you reading?!

I find myself thinking that sometimes with things that actually exist like the really big cruise liner ships sailing around.
Well, the Germans tried blimp cruise liners... until one of them blew up into a ball of fire and killed everyone on board. lol

I do find it funny though... someone wants to rebuild the Titanic and start cruises... but would anyone redo the Hindenberg?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
They still look kind of cute though. I did a quick search and found this video on YouTube here and it looks like they have little voice clips too. That's kind of neat but they seem to talk a bit fast.

Oh yeah, sometime before I saw another one of those videos of the live action PreCure with the people in suits and this one had the Heartcatch girls and they just looked awful, haha. People thought the Smile ones, or even the recent Doki Doki ones I suppose, looked weird but these were way worse looking.

Yeah I think I'll probably be taking the batteries out if I can. Maybe I'll string all five together on a necklace and wear them as some kind of shamanic talisman protecting me from Bad Energy.

Umakoshi designs have never translated well to 3D. Even the first Heartcatch ED was pretty awful-looking.

Mobile Fighter God Gundam 33

Now see, here is a good show. And a good Gundam show. No weird gender bent allies, one sucky character (Allenby) in the whole show, great music, emphasis on the fights without losing character development, easy to keep track of cast, bearable romance.

Gundam 00 is so much worse than this show that it isn't even funny.

But Allenby is the best. :\

cajunator

Banned
Does that mean you find Chet adorable?

That Umakoshi book looks nice. What are those Smile PreCure! figures? At first I thought they were nendoroids but now they look maybe more like keychains or something with what looks like a little loop on the top of them.

Chet totally is adorable!

Also that reminds me that Cure Peace figurine is coming out in april.
Specifically this one:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10212147

Lynne is a lovely girl who also happens to have giant boobs. And the love is mutual according to my goggles and fanart.

I hope this implies Kanna was your favorite, because then we'd be even more nakama than before I knew this.

Kanna in Ano Natsu is a lovely short blue haired drunken maido goddess.

So I guess there was a timeskip in Kodomo no Jikan and now the girl is like, 16. Totally not pedo anymore.

Slightly less creepy, but I'm sure exponentially less popular.

KyoAni making light of abuse of the mentally-disabled is reprehensible.

More seriously, I suppose that otaku fall all over Rikka because, on top of being a vessel for the glorification of their delusional and antisocial lifestyle, she's so thoroughly infantalized; she's essentially a small domesticated animal in a human body with just enough higher cognition to be able to interact with the rest of the cast. The perfect epitome of a non-character.

Nah. Rikka just makes really cute noises when she gets bopped.

Magi 24
tumblr_mkas4rEcxZ1r6syygo2_500.gif

That was rather intense and epic sword assault. Why no warnings about this or nothing as this anime is way more gruesome and gorey than the op makes it seem to be.
So unafraid to kill people in truly terrible ways, one dude sliced right in half, the ax through the girl, limbs being sliced off (my poor Ren Hakuryuu, why, he didnt even deserve), and then the serpents dissolving like they were in a pit of aqua regia.

Anyway really intense episode and so far a real highlight of the arc. The outside fights feel a bit tacked on are occurring a bit late in the game, but being resolved quickly should make for a good and focused final episode. Hyped to see where it goes
and if Aladdin can bring Alibaba back from the dark side

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Fresh Precure!] 08
I counted at least three new toys they introduced here, and it's only episode eight. I can't complain too much since Toei finally added a finisher that doesn't look like total arse. Actually, that was a pretty great instance of stock footage!
Delicious maiden tears.

It's going to be the best show this season, without a doubt.
The best thing this season is surely going to be the last two episodes of Saki Achiga-hen, but after that... that is actually possible, sadly.

Izayoi Aki begs to differ.
Which Yugioh show is she from?

His perverted side is quite funny.
But he still has his normal side when he need to be serious.
Hopefully they translate the games someday...

They are following the first 2 game plots for this season .for me it's just an adaptation from a video game.
Really, it's so close to the game plots that you'd say it's the same thing? It's not just like a game though, obviously things have been changed... just like how the manga and anime are not identical either.

An oav would be great
That would be fine in the interim, but a full second season would be better. :)

I find funny the fact that the only without a squeletton in her closet is asuka the main heroine. They conpensated by making her bear the burden of being hanzo grand daughter.
Do Haruka and Hibari have tragic pasts? If they do, I don't remember them. And Katsuragi... I don't remember her having too sad a background... It is true that Yagyuu, Ikaruga, and the four other Snake Girls team members do have tragic pasts, though.

As for Asuka though, as I said I think that the issue is that she has a bit less character than most of the others. She's got a bit too much "generic lead" in her, but then she only rarely actually leads, so it just leads to her receding into the background in a show where she's the supposed main character. This isn't bad, because I like that the show instead focuses on all of the girls, but it does lead to Asuka being maybe a bit less interesting than the others of the good team. It's more like the girls are all on par, but when they reach the end of some key stories, it's Asuka who gets to do stuff because she's the "main character" in those moments. So yeah, she's okay, but maybe I wish she had a bit more character. I do like how she improves the most over the course of the season, though... there's a huge difference in her ability, comparing the first and last episodes!

We're on the same page , here.
That's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom