• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Ledo should just enslave the Gargantian population under the threat of auto-aim noscope lasers. Hell he could probably enslave all of Earth if he could keep that thing powered. They could turn this into a Heart of Darkness sorta deal where he becomes Kurtz and his space buddies eventually find him on earth. Rogue soldier enslaves underdeveloped planet that just so happens to be humanity's birthplace.

Would watch.
He has to sleep sometime not like he can do that.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
VtPJWxAl.png

Nice to see older Eureka cameo in crime edge. Maybe someday they'll make a 2nd season of E7.

it's called Eureka 7 AO

The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke 10

Ending: Bad.

So the director is his sister after all? Well okay, I can accept that since her personality improved and she looks much better with white hair.

Now the glasses commander still being alive? That’s just lame. It matches with how the story is playing out yes, but its still basically following a predictable path at this point with what’s going to happen.

Rest of the episode was okay. Don’t really expect Andy to still be alive after all this, but I’d be glad if I was proven wrong.

Doki doki Precure 12

Again a good episode.

DokiDokiPrecure_12_01.jpg

Same theme again.

Here it is again ... i understand that they have a theme ..but so far they are focusing on cure heart in a way that's almost distracting ...
At every possible occasion , for the 54213584th time Ok "Helping others make you happy".

It's like a slogan for a firm.
My problem is that despite all the attempts and the praise of her friends , reaching this power with hard work is just impossible
I mean
-She is strong at sports , any sports solo or in a team.
-Charismatic & uncontested Leader, to the point that she has no rival, no opposition. Even To the point that teachers are lazy because she take care of things.
-Strong at house chores with cooking as a forte ( thanks to her familly )
-Student concil president , you'd think that even with the very comptent aide she has , having solid management skills is required.
-Managed despite all of this to get a strong friend life with "powerfull friends" including the second most intelligent girl in school and a rich oujo-sama. The 2 strong befriended that it seems impossible for the bloc of 3 friends to be attacked.
-She get "disciples" in school . ( how wrong is that ? )
I mean ok if you tell me that she worked hard to get there, but i see no drawbacks ..she got it all. She is able to scold a monster that is selfishness incarnate because he did something selfish. What is her weakpoint ?

If i look back at yes precure5 , cure dream had plenty of flaws, even for miyuki from smile precure had plenty of flaws .. They were leaders, good leaders even but they weren't "whole" by themselves.. Add to fact that every episode focusing on her or at least have her in a position that make her shine, i get the "Helping others make you happy" routine but this is something highly disturbing if this continues.

And don't get me started on cure rosetta.
She is unique but damn if they did something "special with her". the character with the most potential to fight is focusing on defense ???
I guess i should be glad that they are using her properly this time in a teamwork manner.

DokiDokiPrecure_12_02.jpg

TAKE THAT , TEAMWORK + Goodwill power

I guess cure heart is the selfishness natural ennemy.
Anyway.

They should keep their trend for the monster of the week.. cute but strong monster of the week are cool. Seeing the girls reactions " but he is so cute" was a nice touch. the beast form is much more intresting than the regular monster of the week routune.
My problem is that usually , they keep those kind of upgrades for the end game yet we're only at ep 12. What do they have in mind for later in term of ennemy upgrades , that should be fun to see.

I'm liking the new attacks they were like "classic" but when they use them properly it does work well ( this episode is a good example ).

It would be intresting to see who this new girl is, and how they will introduce her in the mix

7Th

Guys, Regina looks conspicuously Anglo-Saxon and even has a gaijin name but knows about the Precure and speaks perfect Japanese. What if Dokidoki takes place in the future of the Smile universe and she's Brian and Akane's daughter who was possessed by Nao's selifishness after getting NTR'd?!?

Regina means Queen in Latin.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
He only did God's job for us Reika X Nao fans.

You guys are on the wrong ship!

=========================

K-ON! - 14 [Season 1 END]

I was so convinced the other bands performing at the live concert were going
to be complete assholes to the girls since they're newcomers. Glad I was proven wrong.

Nooooow, onwards to season 2!

Dresden

Ledo should just enslave the Gargantian population under the threat of auto-aim noscope lasers. Hell he could probably enslave all of Earth if he could keep that thing powered. They could turn this into a Heart of Darkness sorta deal where he becomes Kurtz and his space buddies eventually find him on earth. Rogue soldier enslaves underdeveloped planet that just so happens to be humanity's birthplace.

Would watch.

The horror! The horror!

PsionBolt

I forgot a "not" I don't want them to be pinching my idea.

Also I looked up that Negima and the brief overview doesn't seem to be at all like my idea. For one, the character is a teacher, whereas my idea involves an exchange student. Also it's less about him trying to fit in/get the respect of other but more the rest of the class coping with an obnoxious Brit who doesn't give a toss.

Only problem is that this is literally a one gag idea that probably only last two pages at most.

So I guess I better stretch it out by making it a 4koma.

The hero Guy Jean is American, but that sounds an awful lot like Gaijin 4koma. He's definitely obnoxious and hard to deal with.

Doki doki Precure 12
-She get "disciples" in school . ( how wrong is that ? )

What is her weakpoint ?

this is something highly disturbing if this continues.

Heart is awesome. Also, when listing her strengths, you forgot to mention her superhuman physical abilities while untransformed. I had originally suspected that she was a cyborg reconstructed by Shocker, but she doesn't even have #1's angst about not being able to hold children because of his strength, so Mana really is just perfect!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm going to have to guess that licensers just can't get the license for YuruYuri rather than choosing not to license it. I mean Flowers of Evil already has a confirmed license and most panned it just by looking at a few screenshots. I don't see that flying off the shelves when people look at the back of the box.

The hero Guy Jean is American, but that sounds an awful lot like Gaijin 4koma. He's definitely obnoxious and hard to deal with.
You can't tarnish my dreams dammit!

jbug617

Banned
I'm going to have to guess that licensers just can't get the license for YuruYuri rather than choosing not to license it. I mean Flowers of Evil already has a confirmed license and most panned it just by looking at a few screenshots. I don't see that flying off the shelves when people look at the back of the box.

I think it's probably easier to acquire a license when a show hasn't been established.

Theonik

He'd probably gain followers. He could always sleep in his robot too.
Well using his mech to annihilate all opposition is probably not the way to do that in this (or any universe)
Also what's the point of taking over that world if he had to live in fear of being lynched at any moment?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Well using his mech to annihilate all opposition is probably not the way to do that in this (or any universe)
Also what's the point of taking over that world if he had to live in fear of being lynched at any moment?

I would not be a very good tyrannical leader so I have no idea. He could probably figure it out or something, my ideas are not the best :p

tu-11-2.jpg

Seriously? There's like 15 of them and they can't even shoot together?

The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke 11

That was one of the worst escape attempts I have ever seen in any media. Not so much Kyousuke and Andy, even though them using Tonfa's and a sword was uncanny after all this time. But because the army guys seemed to have quit the moment the both of them managed to escape into that elevator. Even worse was when they had them cornered and everyone just seemed contempt to be standing around with their guns looking all serious, except they seemed to have forgotten how to pull the damn trigger. The robots weren't that much better, since they were just there for Kyousuke to slice apart without looking completely helpless.

Syrinx

You guys are on the wrong ship!

=========================

K-ON! - 14 [Season 1 END]

I was so convinced the other bands performing at the live concert were going
to be complete assholes to the girls since they're newcomers. Glad I was proven wrong.

Nooooow, onwards to season 2!

Yeah that actually surprised me a bit too. The juxtaposition between them and the other bands was pretty stark, but they actually ended up being very nice and helpful to them.

Pooya

Gargantia - 3

It was obvious how they'd react to the events of last episode, still this was a bit too much into children story territory for my taste, too soft. well, that's the only thing I don't like so far in Gargantia, it's somewhat childish and with childish characters
the pirate lady and her slaves, terrible. I imagine those vaporized pirates are the last of killings we get to see... this is gonna be children show where the 'bad guys' always escape after defeat to fight another day with the way she was thrown like that in the end

still can be enjoyable and I like the setting, I think this episode had some nice scenery

1yfymf.jpg

this could make for a good wallpaper, good composition, gold in between dark blue and ocean blue looks very good and shiny. it somewhat shows the space and ocean setting the show has with Gargantia in between, love this image.

the battle was cool but it didn't really have much of detailed animation, it was brief.

Noirulus

Suisei no Gargantia - 03

Great episode. I'm really interested in seeing how the story will take off from here. Ledo's VA is fantastic.

Gargantia - 3

It was obvious how they'd react to the events of last episode, still this was a bit too much into children story territory for my taste, too soft. well, that's the only thing I don't like so far in Gargantia, it's somewhat childish and with childish characters
the pirate lady and her slaves, terrible. I imagine those vaporized pirates are the last of killings we get to see... this is gonna be children show where the 'bad guys' always escape after defeat to fight another day with the way she was thrown like that in the end

But the Gargantia fleet had good reasoning for not allowing Ledo to kill. Gargantia wants to maintain its status as a peaceful fleet so that the enemies don't return to attack them for revenge. The pirate queen and her slaves were rather comical, though.

Articalys

Nyaruko W 3

Nah, just kidding, I actually didn't watch this. After some thought I realized that between Muromi and Yuyushiki I already have two solid comedies for this season and don't need toku reference bait to waste a half hour each week, so to hell with this show. I can probably just read that blog that tallies up all the in-jokes each episode and save time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Dokidoki! Precure] 12
TAKE MY REVOLUTION~

Some of the cuts with Elephant Selfish looked surprisingly fluid. Too bad the rest of the episode, like the show, was total dogshit. :(

Somebody give me a good reason not to drop this for, I don't know, Muromi?

EDIT: Never mind, next episode has Alice vs ANOTHER OJOUSAMA. HOLY FUCK YES

Heart is awesome. Also, when listing her strengths, you forgot to mention her superhuman physical abilities while untransformed. I had originally suspected that she was a cyborg reconstructed by Shocker, but she doesn't even have #1's angst about not being able to hold children because of his strength, so Mana really is just perfect!

I talked about how "good" she is at sports , it's the same IMO.

Yep even children love her!
No bad points at all.

Nyaruko W 3

Nah, just kidding, I actually didn't watch this. After some thought I realized that between Muromi and Yuyushiki I already have two solid comedies for this season and don't need toku reference bait to waste a half hour each week, so to hell with this show. I can probably just read that blog that tallies up all the in-jokes each episode and save time.

You're kidding, right ? What about the future of earth entertainment ?
You're letting this anime down when earth safety is at stake ?
i dunno what to think. :p

wonzo

Banned
[Dokidoki! Precure] 12

TAKE MY REVOLUTION~

Some of the cuts with Elephant Selfish looked surprisingly fluid. Too bad the rest of the episode, like the show, was total dogshit. :(

StockHolm PreCure!

CorvoSol

Sometimes I think I should watch Astral Ocean, but then I don't know. With the exception of GaoGaiGar Final and The Second Raid, I don't think I've ever seen a mecha sequel that surpassed its predecessor.

Syrinx

[Dokidoki! Precure] 12

TAKE MY REVOLUTION~

With as much as I'm loving Heartcatch, it's a little disheartening to hear that this show is as bad as it is. Not to mention there are other apparently terrible ones.

Instro

Valvrave 1

Monsters don't have feelings...lol. Man this is such a bad copout to avoid an actual love interest in favor of a harem.

I rarely converse with Anime-Gaf and I don't know how yall feel about the show, but I gotta say Hataraku Maou really cracks me up. One of the few anime comedies I really enjoy a lot, so far at least

cajunator

Banned
I rarely converse with Anime-Gaf and I don't know how yall feel about the show, but I gotta say Hataraku Maou really cracks me up. One of the few anime comedies I really enjoy a lot, so far at least

yup.
that show is pretty hilarious so far.
Hopefully
Demon king regaining his powers
doesn't ruin the dynamic.

jgminto

Attack on Titan 3
Well, it's a training episode. Not a bad one but still. The new characters seem interesting but the tone was all over the place. I don't know what it's going for. The regular stills are always annoying but I guess you've got to save that budget for when you need it.

Gargantia 3
That was so stupid. It must be great to live in such an idealistic post-apocalypse.
What was the fleet going to do against those pirates? Just let them take their people and supplies? If they did anything they probably would have ended up shooting them anyway.
The villains are terrible. Why don't they just wear shirts with "The Bad Guys" written on it. When you have such a shallow enemy it just becomes obvious that they'll never win at anything and the good guys will always triumph. I'll probably drop it if it continues on in this tone.

It's my favourite show of the season.

Mature

Yep, it's pretty great. Especially the first episode. The straight faced comedy reminds me a bit of Level-E.

HorribleSubs-Zettai-Karen-Children-THE-UNLIMITED-Hyoubu-Kyousuke-12-720p.mkv_snapshot_21.48_2013.03.26_23.22.36.jpg

Andy lives! To bad you won't be appearing again!

The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyosuke 12 End

Final episode was pretty good. The ending with Kyosuke saving Yugiri and then having to be saved himself by Andy, I thought was a nice touch. The way glasses met his "end" was pretty cheap to me, but its better than having him getting away clean. Could have been more emotional if someone had died but I guess they really wanted that happy ending.

As a series it provided enough entertainment to satisfy myself. Plot-wise there wasn't anything special, but it was without a doubt weakest part of the anime. Everything was honestly way to predictable and because of that there wasn't anything to be surprised about. This was Kyousuke (and Andy) story and seemed quite lacking from my perspective. I do think the story would have benefited if there were more flashbacks like how the others were killed in action (not still images) and his relationship with the girls and Minamoto.

Action was were this show truly shined and it showed basically every time Kyosuke was in a battle with someone or just destroying machinery. The fights were good and truly showed how powerful Kyousuke was.

Kyousuke himself was an interesting protagonist who showed his cocky, intelligent side along with his weakest moments throughout the show. Andy, who at times did frustrate me, I felt did a decent job of being a second protagonist. Yugiri was adorable the whole way through and I'm happy to know she is still okay and with her family. I'm sad to say the others (Yoh, Momiji, and Magi) truly did disappear after awhile. All of them were interesting and seemed quite a waste for them to been forgotten just like that. Had no clue who the bartender chick and she seemed really out of place at the end with everyone. Babel guys were still fun, might check out the original afterall if they're still as entertaining as they were here.

6/10 Decent.

With as much as I'm loving Heartcatch, it's a little disheartening to hear that this show is as bad as it is. Not to mention there are other apparently terrible ones.
Except that it's not bad.
It's unique with polarising characters.
Don't avoid Dokidoki because some people are scared of a baby !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom