• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I do like how, in the last few years, most shows have started using endcards drawn by a variety of different popular artists/character designers. Lets you see each series in a wide range of styles.

Or the trend might have been going on longer and I just wasn't paying attention. I dunno.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I do like how, in the last few years, most shows have started using endcards drawn by a variety of different popular artists/character designers. Lets you see each series in a wide range of styles.

Or the trend might have been going on longer and I just wasn't paying attention. I dunno.

Eventually it's all going to be homogenized. Fuck.

Jex

Either way it's pretty neat!

Narag

I wish there was more foreshadowing in them so we can look back and go "Ohhh!" like with the Lord Humongous Madoka card.

Eventually it's all going to be homogenized. Fuck.

Don't fight it. Embrace it.

I dont understand why Medaka Box stopped doing that for the middle of episode eyecatches second season :/

Narag

Not really. And when I say really, I mean at all.

vLa7ebbl.jpg

Necrovex

This question is for people who are currently caught up on Naurto Shippuden. I am currently about to hit the next filler arc in the show, I am at episode 221.

Do Sasuke and Naruto actually have a true fight (i.e. that plotline being resolved) as of the latest episode? This is such a major tease having them meet and skirmish. Bloody episode 215, it made me believe!!!!

I am going to catch up to the current mark soon, so I want to find a good spot to stop. I like watching my Naurto (or any long-running shonen) in bunches. It allows me to skip the fillers and not be killed by its pacing issue.

It happens every now and again, I never really knew a specific show who did it before anyone else. Shaft has done it a lot quite recently, and the earliest I remember was probably ef - a tale of memories.

cajunator

Banned

I think it has gone on for a long time, but a lot of the fanart stuff was given out as extras in postcard form and such. Like the fanart from Tsukuyomi moonphase that I got with the funimation set. end cards were never really that prevalent to begin with that I can remember.

Uh... You don't like how Rin and Sakura look? Alright.

They look cute. just not Cute.

This question is for people who are currently caught up on Naurto Shippuden. I am currently about to hit the next filler arc in the show, I am at episode 221.

Do Sasuke and Naruto actually have a true fight (i.e. that plotline being resolved) as of the latest episode? This is such a major tease having them meet and skirmish. Bloody episode 215, it made me believe!!!!

I am going to catch up to the current mark soon, so I want to find a good spot to stop. I like watching my Naurto (or any long-running shonen) in bunches. It allows me to skip the fillers and not be killed by its pacing issue.

Youre going to another filler arc and spoiler
Naruto and Sasuke have yet to meet again thus far in the anime
as of ep 312.

Jex

I feel like that's reaching a bit. That position doesn't necessarily imply Eva and neither does the angle.

You don't have to use exactly the same positioning and angle as the original scene to pay visual homage to something. Hell, Potato Girl even mimics the noise that Evangelion Unit-1 makes in that seen, see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ocmzDO-vBR8#t=45s

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iLDNfW_FoxE#t=7s

It's surprisingly specific!

Articalys

I'll bet people are going to be keeping a real close eye out for Evangelion homages in future titan appearances. This is some cool stuff.

Arata Kangatari - 03

Arata%20Kangatari%20-%2003.jpg

What to do ? what to do , answer me animegaf !

Alright episode ..
The animation is clearly lacking almost everything ..there was a quick fight in this ep but all i got was a still shot.
Still we're reaching classical themes, like "gather all keys to open the final dongeon" type of questing with our hero still unsure of what to do and unable to act properly even.

Going by the preview i hope those points get adressed next episode so we can finally know what this sword does ( or at least part of the puzzle )

I'll bet people are going to be keeping a real close eye out for Evangelion homages in future titan appearances. This is some cool stuff.

Don't know... I wish the show would take take itself more seriously. I don't know what other people think about the anime adapatation but I think it's significantly weaker than the anime.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
While we're on the subject of Evangelion/Attack on Titan it occurs to me that the Aromoured Titan sequence bears some striking similarities to the running EVA sequence in Evangelion episode 12:
You've watched Eva more times than you care to admit, am I right?

trejo

Yoshihiko Umakoshi is about a thousand times more of an accomplished character designer than that hack Ume Aoki who can only draw cutesy looking crap.

Discuss.

Necrovex

Youre going to another filler arc and spoiler
Naruto and Sasuke have yet to meet again thus far in the anime
as of ep 312.

I feared that was the case. This show simply loves to tease the inevitable Naruto X Sasuke battle. I'll probably catch up to episode 302, and call it quits for a year or two.

Thanks for the quick answer, DTL. Now to decide on my next shonen to catch up on, I could watch more One Piece, which (arc spoiler)
I finished Enies Lobby
, finally start on Hunter X Hunter, or maybe I'll give Fairy Tails a serious chance. I'm going to be a college grad after this week, so I'll have a lot more time on hand.

Thoraxes

AAAAAAWWWWWWWW HERE WE GO
But wait! There's MORE!
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...
ron-paul.gif
You ain't seen nothing yet.
Fellow Miyuki Sawashiro fans: were you aware that she voices Elizabeth in the Japanese dub of Bioshock Infinite?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meBae8WM77c (a few early gameplay spoilers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQr7QAJt0LA (untranslated interview with Sawashiro about the role, accompanied by gameplay footage)

(oh, and Booker is Keiji Fujiwara if anyone cares)
Well, now I hate the English version.

Ultimadrago

Don't know... I wish the show would take take itself more seriously. I don't know what other people think about the anime adapatation but I think it's significantly weaker than the anime.

The anime adaption is weaker than the anime adaption?

What the hell are you talking about?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yoshihiko Umakoshi is about a thousand times more of an accomplished character designer than that hack Ume Aoki who can only draw cutesy looking crap.

Discuss.
How do we define "accomplished character designer", though? Do we go by commercial success? Range?

I would love it if Precure 2014 had designs by Aoki, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom