• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

...is cajunator purposefully doing megaposts now because of the complaints about him being the top poster every thread?
It probably has more to do with him working too much and coming into the thread late quoting everything he wants to reply to in one fell swoop.

Jarmel

Banned
Here is some more shots of the character art for Prisma Illya:
iVAT21Lp2DfMg.jpg

Sounds like Atlas Shrugged to me.

When I was in high school, I decided to enter the scholarship essay content the Ayn Rand Institute held. So I checked out The Fountainhead from the library and settled myself in with that thick tome. I couldn't make it more than two pages before the putrid stench of man-worship overwhelmed my nostrils and I put the book down in disgust, never to return.

So yes, assuming Atlus Shrugged is of the same ilk, I agree.

Narag

Seriously. What the fuck did Domon learn under Master Asia for 10 years?

Fighting. As you've seen and will see, a lot of Domon's problems have caused him to break down and become very volatile.

I understand that, but he acts like an idiot half the time rushing into things that he clearly knows he can't win. There is absolutely no sense of forethought on his part. I can again understand being aggresive, but Domon is either suicidal or stupid. He doesn't act like he has had any training other than fighting at all.

This is part of his character arc where he feels any problem can be solved by himself rushing in with his fists.

Edit: as for your question about pre-Tokyo, it's sort of handled haphazardly to introduce everyone, characterize them, and give just enough background the show can move onto the larger set pieces.

Japan's Top 20 Pre-orders sales numbers for this season...

***,*14位/***,*14位 ★ (**2,159 pt) Uta Pri 2000% [Blu-ray]
***,*16位/***,*18位 ○ (**2,120 pt) Uta Pri 2000% [DVD]

***,*21位/***,*20位 ★ (**2,768 pt) Shingeki no Kyojin [Blu-ray]
***,*30位/***,*31位 ◎ (**2,097 pt) Suisei no Gargantia Blu-ray BOX
***,*37位/***,*38位 ★ (**2,860 pt) Railgun S [Blu-ray]
***,*82位/***,*79位 ★ (**3,216 pt) Ore no Imouto [Blu-ray]
***,*85位/***,*81位 ★ (***,852 pt) Hataraku Maou-sama [Blu-ray]
***,*91位/***,*86位 ★ (**1,319 pt) Hentai Ouji [Blu-ray]
***,129位/***,129位 ○ (**1,792 pt) Shingeki no Kyojin 1 [DVD]
***,131位/***,131位 ★ (***,625 pt) Valvrave [Blu-ray]
***,163位/***,171位 ★ (**1,149 pt) Nyaruko-san W [Blu-ray]
***,186位/***,175位 ★ (**1,888 pt) Date A Live [Blu-ray]
***,229位/***,230位 ★ (**1,417 pt) Yondemasu Azazel-san Z [Blu-ray]
***,271位/***,248位 ○ (**1,310 pt) Karneval [DVD]
***,380位/***,388位 ★ (***,520 pt) Yahari... [Blu-ray]
***,394位/***,373位 ★ (***,483 pt) Muromu-san [Blu-ray]
***,460位/***,463位 ★ (***,538 pt) Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge [Blu-ray]
***,527位/***,511位 ★ (***,839 pt) Devil Survivor 2 [Blu-ray]
***,540位/***,519位 ★ (***,792 pt) Karneval 1 [Blu-ray]

I guess UtaPri, Oreimo, Railgun, and Shingeki will be the top sellers? (>10k?).
I thought Valvrave would be the best mecha.

For me psycho pass 2nd OP is the best in a while. If we're counting visuals + musics as a reference point

Would the 2nd op be the one used for like three episodes or so, or that other one?

cajunator

Banned
I do like the Steins;Gate OP quite a bit now that you mention it. It's really muted but still has its own unique style to it. It also doesn't go for generic character shots like the Robotics;Notes ones did.

I have to watch the Steins Gate OP every single time. I cant skip it.

Oh and I forgot a couple:

Bodacious space Pirates
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WdYXwbrELk

Kamisama dolls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsi-Q2gz37Y

Acchi Kocchi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bMjtNnsA6Y

Oh man, it's favorite OP list time?! A lot of my favorites are listed already so I'll just throw in my disappointment that none of the Pani Poni Dash ones were listed.

Pani Poni Dash

Also fun little fact about the Baccano! OP, it's inspired by the title sequence in Snatch!

Snatch

and for comparison

Baccano OP

talking about great OPs.

The Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei openings are still fucking masterpieces.

http://youtu.be/CKRHiue2sIM

Q - You were at the same class with InuCurry back in vocational school. Did you bring them to work in Shinbo's works?

A - When we were working on the OAD of Zetsubou Sensei, Shinbo came and wanted to change the OP. At that time I thought "Not good. It would be my turn to take this thing." I had to come up with some "scarifice offering", so I introduced InuCurry to him lol. They had already worked as a team by then and I asked Shinbo "How about asking them to do this?", and he quickly said "OK" and gave the green light, so I gave them the full responsibility of the job... At that time I already knew the style of InuCurry, so I could generally predict what kind of thing they would come up with, but the video turned out to be much crazier than expected and even Shibo shouted "wow!". From then on Shinbo took a liking of InuCurry and got them more and more involvement in his anime.

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Megami_Magazine_2011-04

Japan's Top 20 Pre-orders sales numbers for this season...

***,*14位/***,*14位 ★ (**2,159 pt) Uta Pri 2000% [Blu-ray]
***,*16位/***,*18位 ○ (**2,120 pt) Uta Pri 2000% [DVD]

***,*21位/***,*20位 ★ (**2,768 pt) Shingeki no Kyojin [Blu-ray]
***,*30位/***,*31位 ◎ (**2,097 pt) Suisei no Gargantia Blu-ray BOX
***,*37位/***,*38位 ★ (**2,860 pt) Railgun S [Blu-ray]
***,*82位/***,*79位 ★ (**3,216 pt) Ore no Imouto [Blu-ray]
***,*85位/***,*81位 ★ (***,852 pt) Hataraku Maou-sama [Blu-ray]
***,*91位/***,*86位 ★ (**1,319 pt) Hentai Ouji [Blu-ray]
***,129位/***,129位 ○ (**1,792 pt) Shingeki no Kyojin 1 [DVD]
***,131位/***,131位 ★ (***,625 pt) Valvrave [Blu-ray]
***,163位/***,171位 ★ (**1,149 pt) Nyaruko-san W [Blu-ray]
***,186位/***,175位 ★ (**1,888 pt) Date A Live [Blu-ray]
***,229位/***,230位 ★ (**1,417 pt) Yondemasu Azazel-san Z [Blu-ray]
***,271位/***,248位 ○ (**1,310 pt) Karneval [DVD]
***,380位/***,388位 ★ (***,520 pt) Yahari... [Blu-ray]
***,394位/***,373位 ★ (***,483 pt) Muromu-san [Blu-ray]
***,460位/***,463位 ★ (***,538 pt) Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge [Blu-ray]
***,527位/***,511位 ★ (***,839 pt) Devil Survivor 2 [Blu-ray]
***,540位/***,519位 ★ (***,792 pt) Karneval 1 [Blu-ray]

Idol power.

Kagami

Aiura 3

I just realized all the voice actors in this anime are new and this is their first anime. No wonder why all their voices felt so odd.
Yeah I had to bail on it because of the voices.
I don't mean to give newbies a hard time but it's just not pleasant to listen to that level of acting.

Theonik

Sora no Woto 04
Noel episode? Noel episode! You're mean Chihaya!
Why would they need rations an a compass for a trip to town anyway?
Most wasteful military ever?
I guess this is like them taking those huge backpacks to the ghost hunt on EP02
Oh look it's that little shit again!
I really like these character centric episodes in this show, the staff also seems committed to delivering on the cute and :SDBurton
I just made the connection, but I wonder why their towns are all named after numbers also more
post-apocalypse
worldbuilding stuff.
I also forgot to mention but the OP is pretty lewd for this kind of show.
Really enjoying this so far!

I still hate everything.
Watch more PreCure

Sora no Woto 04

I really like these character centric episodes in this show, the staff also seems committed to delivering on the cute and :SDBurton
I just made the connection, but I wonder why their towns are all named after numbers also more
post-apocalypse
worldbuilding stuff. I forgot to mention but the OP is pretty lewd for this kind of show.
really enjoying this so far!

I never noticed the number things until you mentioned it. Maybe something akin to some shows/movies/what have you with a dystopian future would just call places sectors or whatever instead of actual names. Nice find! Though I think my specula is pretty out there.

Also Noel is adorable, she's easily the most huggable thing on that show aside from AraAra~ Filicia.

cajunator

Banned

These are words to truly live by. Saori is wise.

Sora no Woto 04

post-apocalypse
worldbuilding stuff. I forgot to mention but the OP is pretty lewd for this kind of show.
really enjoying this so far!

Watch more PreCure

Moel is working her charms I see.

Theonik

Bottom of page worked its magic on the 03 post I see.
I never noticed the number things until you mentioned it. Maybe something akin to some shows/movies/what have you with a dystopian futire would just call places sectors or whatever instead of actual names. Nice find! Though I think my specula is pretty out there.

Also Noel is adorable, she's easily the most huggable thing on that show aside from AraAra~ Filicia.
That's what I thought.
I suppose it could date back to right after the world almost got destroyed? I don't know. I'm guessing they don't go too in depth in this.
And yes. Yes she is.

cajunator

Banned
Bottom of page worked its magic on the 03 post I see.

That's what I thought.
I suppose it could date back to right after the world almost got destroyed? I don't know. I'm guessing they don't go too in depth in this.
And yes. Yes she is.

When you are the cutest character in a show full of them, theres something special there.

Go_Ly_Dow

Blood-C 12

Alright, I really don't know what there is to say at this point. You know how it ends, you know the details, etc. etc. I really don't need to parrot these things to you if you're highlighting these spoiler tags.

What I will say is that I, at this moment in time, hate everything. I hate this show. I hate everybody behind this show. I hate this computer. I hate puppies. I hate all those cute things that this community loves so much. I hate couches. I hate potatoes. I hate NeoGAF. And I hate you. Yes, you. You reading this post. I hate you. I don't know who's going to read this post beyond a few people. But I do know I hate you.

I hate these fucking characters. I hate Fumito. I don't know how he managed to get such massive government funding for such a pet project. Would Saya change, or would she stay the same if she was put in that environment. Answer: WHAT DOES IT FUCKING MATTER?! But he managed to get massive amounts of money to build a whole fucking town and populate it with actors, then got the go-ahead to kill all of the extras afterward. All of them. Hundreds of people. He actually got the green light to have all of them murdered brutally once his experiment was over. His dumb experiment that does not provide any real constructive data whatsoever. Just a whim of his. Do you understand why I hate everything now? Of course you do. You've seen this. You know what happens. Fuck you, by the way.

I hate that girl that survived. You want to be governor of Tokyo, huh? Well everybody knows that the best way to forward your political career is to participate in above top secret experiments where hundreds of people are killed. Yeah, you got yourself a political ally. But come on. Do you really think nobody's going to find out about this? Should I remind you that nobody did anything to secure Saya in that territory? She's escaped the set, and now she's gone. And that reminds me; why didn't anyone care whether or not she escaped? She's kind of classified information, and a danger to everyone, and a danger to the secrecy of this whole project. It would probably behoove you to have her in custody again.

I hate all those other lead actors and I actually enjoyed seeing them get killed by that monster. Especially that second one. That was hilarious. And usually I would be disturbed by the mass murder of those extras. Particularly the part where they put a whole bunch in a bag and put a fucking GRINDER in there to rip them apart. But I'm not. Because I hate them now. I hate everything.

And I hate Saya and her "father". I don't know why. They're really the innocent victims here. But I do. I hate everything.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna take a shower to try and cleanse myself. It probably won't. I can probably only cleanse myself by destroying my accounts on Huu and this site. Or destroying the sites wholesale, which I can't do, as well as destroying any memory for having watched this show. Or any trace that this show ever even existed in the first place. Okay, I've settled on traveling back in time and killing the creator of this show before he can create it. I'll probably be doing everyone a favor; the dude's obviously a menace to society. He should probably be institutionalized solely for this. He is off his rocker. I have a duty to mankind when you really think about it.

After my shower, I might watch some Heartcatch Precure. Because that's the one thing I don't hate right now. Yes, I realize I said I hate everything. But everything has exceptions.

But I still hate you. Fuck you.

8I1Faml.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom