• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, one hand I think we rarely see eye-to-eye, and on the other I'd have to say that the two works are from pretty different genres.

Yeah I know. Real Robot vs Super Robot and all that stuff. Still, I heard Rebuild moved closer to the latter even if it stays in the former. I hear talk of badass Shinji, which sounds fun.

Articalys

I want to drag this back out just in case. People are doing pretty good so far, but don't forget that heavily implying or hinting at things can be just as bad sometimes as outright spoiling them.
bWmeCAI.png

Mr.Jeff

I love how most of these girls look pasty. Need more of a tan.
Which is unusual considering they (seemingly) spend all day underneath the sun doing manual labour (aside from perhaps the commander lady who must be a prodigal genius at 22). From the little we've seen them do of anything beyond imparting spurious moral convictions on other people anyway.

Also, on the note of OPs, it's interestign to see Blood+'s 3rd OP getting some attention. While the series was mostly over padded trash, I always did have a soft spot for that OP.

/XX/

I want to drag this back out just in case. People are doing pretty good so far, but don't forget that heavily implying or hinting at things can be just as bad sometimes as outright spoiling them.
That had a reason to be a time ago when the premiere happened and confusion first arose, but now that it is an actual release for this season I think it can be discussed in here as long as it keeps being spoiler tagged accordingly, right?

Well it's not like my opinions matter does it.
Man, do you really think that of your posts? The titles on them are always so... sad, and self-deprecating (as I see it). I don't see why you should say it at all!

Articalys

That had a reason to be a time ago when the premiere happened, but now that is an actual release for this season I think it can be discussed here as long as it keeps being spoiler tagged accordingly, right?
Oh, absolutely -- I mean, people with theater access posted impressions here back when it first opened too -- I'm just reminding people to, as you said, make sure they spoiler tag accordingly.

Yeah I know, but since you usually see Brock in comparison to Misty and Ash he looks older than he is. Also he is far more responsible than your average 15 year old and no 15 year old has the genius to turn their trusty frying pan into a drying pan.

Also I'm sure there must be some sort of employment rules that you have to be at least 18 before you can run your own gym. I mean with kids about they need adult supervision. 15 != adult.
accaxdT.png

...wait a minute. Brock is 15!?

Jessie and James are only like 17.

Jarmel

Banned
Which is unusual considering they (seemingly) spend all day underneath the sun doing manual labour (aside from perhaps the commander lady who must be a prodigal genius at 22). From the little we've seen them do of anything beyond imparting spurious moral convictions on other people anyway.

Also, on the note of OPs, it's interestign to see Blood+'s 3rd OP getting some attention. While the series was mostly over padded trash, I always did have a soft spot for that OP.

I was being sarcastic with the pasty line. They all should be dark as fuck.

Shiotani really is a top notch OP animation director. He's extremely good with his use of colors.

Same. We should post up our favorite ED too!

That's actually harder because of how shitty EDs are in general when it comes to animation/visuals. I'll still do a list later though.

/XX/

Oh, absolutely -- I mean, people with theater access posted impressions here back when it first opened too -- I'm just reminding people to, as you said, make sure they spoiler tag accordingly.
Cool then. :)

If I remember correctly, duckroll (I think) discouraged at the time any discussion about the film on this seasonal thread when it was showing in theaters, and I associated that image with such prohibition.

CorvoSol

Yeah I know. Real Robot vs Super Robot and all that stuff. Still, I heard Rebuild moved closer to the latter even if it stays in the former. I hear talk of badass Shinji, which sounds fun.

You heard wrong. He turned awesome in Eva 2.22 and then it all gets wiped along with Rei's character development in 3.0. Thinking about it now, 3.0 had a cool idea, but kayos really hits the nail on the head for what was wrong with the execution thereof:
a bunch of trademark awkward silence and cryptic/homoerotic conversations between Kaworu and Shinji.
2 was a step forward and in spite of seriously changing the series setting status quo, 3 kinda pushes right back to the status quo.

Mature

I have always seen Japanese games and anime to have absurd ages for their characters, so I have long since dismissed it. Like, Tron Bonne from Megaman Legends is supposed to be 14? Yeah, okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom