• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Don from Eyeshield 21 is like 17/18.
zUV8iwA.jpg

Gaoh is 16.
L2kwArU.jpg
Hahahahaha.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
9 years old on the left.

You know I keep forgetting to bring her up in those threads. But she is played for a laugh.

Jessie on the other hand is presented as a mature lady, not a 17 year old. I don't care what those school pics say. Less canon than a doujin (who illustrate Jessie as a rather buxom lady, but I digress)

I blame the dub. I mean she even has the "Hohohoho" laugh that is associated with older ladies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't forget, these guys are supposedly smaller with a weaker build than their American counterparts.

Yes. Enjoy your visit from the FBI.
"Your honour I didn't know she was pre-timeskip!"

"Something something time worked differently underground so Yoko's older than 14"

Or something like that, I don't know how the actual argument goes. Either way I'm not ashamed of what I have and haven't defiled myself to!

Im' actually tempted to give a second chance to this show now( watched the first ep of the first season , wasn't impressed ).
Will i be submerged in fanservice or is it something to salvage from this anime first season ?

Well, the last episode of season 1 is kind of good. If you want something other than fanservice-centric stuff, maybe skip to ep. 12 of S1, and pretend the rest of the franchise pretty much doesn't exist... :p

Other than that though, yeah, this is definitely on the fanservice-heavy end of the harem action genre. More stupidity and fanservice than decent plot. And as I said, I think S2 actually is managing to be even stupider than the first season was, impressively.

Again, surprised no one has posted this yet, even though I'm sure someone has to have seen it by now...

The newest light novel to have an anime adaptation announced is Outbreak Company ~Moeru Shinryakusha~ (lit. "moe invader"), by the author of Scrapped Princess.

Well I'm kinda hopeful as author of Scrapped Princess.

Man, I really have no idea how you guys remember which shows had good OPs. I don't even remember the OPs of currently airing shows that I'm watching.

All OPs usually do is introduce me to new artists.

Jessie and James are only like 17.

The biggest boobs you'll see on a 17 year old.

The biggest boobs you'll see on a 17 year old.

Hah, not hardly... Ayane (in the Dead or Alive series, through the fourth game) is 15. In Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 she's 14. In DoA5 they changed her age to 18, but before that... yeah. And I'm sure there's even more ridiculous ones out there too.

Kurita

I dislike how 90% of the characters in Slam Dunk all look so ancient and oldish. Ive been unable to get through it due to difficulty embracing the characters.

That's better than all the random shoutas we have in Kuroko to be honest.
Guess we really have an opposite opinion on this :lol That's one of the reasons why I can't get into Kuroko.

(then again, the guy on my avatar is 29 years old and looks like he's 16 :lol :lol)

CorvoSol

I always just add 10 years to everyone's age in anime. It makes the 40 year olds a little closer to being actually old people, and it makes the overendowed youth the age they look.

Everyone acts like a brain dead child regardless of age, though.

Andrew J.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) 01-02

Pretty good, so far. David Productions put a lot of effort into making big hits feel impactful with SFX and focus lines when it wasn't really possible with fluid animation, although it feels silly when that happens with reaction shots.

Jonathan's voice is much higher than I would expect given his build; I suppose that's to convey his innocent and kindhearted nature.

The show's fond of lighting scenes and characters with an overwhelming color, reminds me of a much less artful Death Note.

The way the prelude section of "Roundabout" begins before the actual ED starts is kind of neat.

Heartcatch Precure 27-34

Well shit, that was a pretty exciting arc and the summer homework episode was fantastic. I'm really sad that a SOL show about Erika and the fashion club doesn't exist though.

Also it's pretty hilarious to me that Syrinx needed Heartcatch to mind bleach Blood-C out, on the days I didn't feel like watching Heartcatch I ended up watching Django Unchained and Thirst.

Anyway judging by the reception here it looks like I'm about to hate watch 3.33.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man.

What?

Impressions forthcoming after tacos.

Dragonball GT

SS4 Goku and Vegeta do fusion

Bu2Wisf.jpg

and become SS4 Vegeto. His power is overwhelming and he is much stronger than Omega Shenron, but Vegeto wants to have some lulz not realizing he only had 10 minutes of fusion time....
2zjNdu8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom