• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Did you guys know that, in real life, the MgRonalds where Maou works is actually a MOS Burger?
VDgcqwh.jpg

jqZN7Aq.jpg

JCG

Valvrave - 4

I can only guess the meaning of the stripping was "I will do this shameless thing, which will hurt my honor as a Japanese high school student, so please realize I'm serious!"

Doesn't change the fact it was pretty stupid (so much so even the show pointed it out) and rather like a child's temper tantrum though.

But enough of that! I want my pseudo-Infinite Ryvius
now with extended musical segments!
next week! Also...more craziness! More dumbness! More robots!

Dresden

hataraku maou-sama - 05

Action was mostly mediocre, but they managed to get through it with a good bit of levity, at least.

I WENT HOME TO GET MY GENERAL'S CLOAK

Fuck, this show has the best ragefaces this year.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Jojo's Bizarre Adventure] (2000) 4
In this episode we learn that Polnareff is a fucking racist douchebag.
What the hell, episode, you can't fucking end on that note! AVDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ;_;

wonzo

Banned
Gyrozetter 24

gyro24.jpg

mor she aint

About damn time shit started getting real, maybe they'll have the balls to start of killing some people and hopefully the first thre will be the new Eraser Corps and their shithouse designs.

fertygo

Valvrave 04

These guy drinking koolaid while making this, bwahahaha.. I don't think too much about stripping thing, but that moses quote, I lost it.

The CG action also really fun, fantastic eps.

Nana 47 fin

I didn't like this anime. The focus was too much on red Nana, and she's a despicable person. I really couldn't relate to any characters, why would I ever feel sympathy for someone who continues to fail at life. Black Nana was better, she vowed to get better than Trapnest, but all those themes of revenge(this applies to Nobu>Takumi aswel) are just a temporary façade, the anime quickly reverts back to the stupid love drama. I admit the music was good, but music is not what this anime was about.

5/10

jgminto

I think everyone forgot the dumbest part of Valvrave 4.

Protag just
ripped off the school portion of their space station and sent them off into space!

CorvoSol

Evangelion 3.3

For reasons unstatable I watched it again. I feel like the ENTIRE MOVIE being avoidable if at any time any character had explained anything to Shinji is pretty damning of the idiot plot. And that's what this is--a plot which literally requires that every character, regardless of reason or intellect, behave like an idiot. Angry as Misato, Asuka, and Ritsuko must have felt, there was no reason not to explain to Shinji "Oh hey by the way blah blah blah".

The piano scene was useless, worthless, and could be stripped out of the movie with literally no effect at all. Where in the series Kaworu is an empty character used to good effect since
Shinji is pretty much emotionally a wreck and Kaworu is the only person being completely nice to him
here these same circumstances aren't recreated effectively because
Shinji hasn't been mistreated so much as nobody is explaining jack all and Kaworu is the worst of them all.

It's like they wanted to do a tragedy with dramatic irony, except for dramatic irony to work, you'd have to explain to the audience the things the protagonist doesn't know, and while the plot of the film is straightforward and easy to follow
nobody explaining anything after Shinji wakes up after a fourteen year coma makes him revert to square one, go back to his dad, act like a douche
, nothing is ever explained to anyone. The only explanation given, by Fuyutsuki, is too little, too late.

The film changes the status quo of Eva, which I suppose should be commendable, but in doing so discards entirely the character development of the first two films, particularly Shinji's, which is especially lamentable. An emotionally ruined Shinji has been done to death at this point, and Eva 2.22 took Shinji's character somewhere different and meaningful, to throw it all away now for the sake of this ill-explained alteration of the status quo is baffling, which I suppose is possibly the idea. If making the viewer feel as lost as Shinji was was the point, then mission accomplished.

The CG is still abhorrent, with that same odd grayish pallor that haunts all CG mecha this season, and in some places I can only assume it MUST have been intentionally bad. It simply must have. There's no reason a product of Evangelion's publicity could have a budget bad enough to warrant some of that nonsense.

In addition to Kaworu being an empty character, Mari is also feeling pretty unnecessary at this point. As the only character specific to this setting, and lacking the show to flesh her character out, I suppose its not entirely fair to dump her in the same bucket as show thief Kaworu, but well, there it is. That said, the previews DO promise fanservice and all.

When all is said and done, though, I can only hope that FINAL more than makes good on what Q is apparently setting up for. I feel somewhat annoyed by Q, but it wasn't exactly the worst anime I'd ever seen, either. If FINAL can live up to 2.22, then I will be willing to overlook my disappointment with 3.33. As it stands for the time being, though, where 2.22 felt like a good episode, 3.33 feels more like one of those long, boring episodes in the middle of a series where nothing extremely noteworthy happens.

Go_Ly_Dow

I think this perfectly describes how I feel each week watching the show. I really enjoy it, it's crazy entertainment, but I never know exactly what I'm going to get or why I'm going to enjoy it. It's like a mystery box. Or buying a booster pack for a card game. Omg!!!

I know, I feel a special aura around the show.

Hold me!!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Fresh! Precure] 14
Isn't it a bit too early in the season to start the fourth Cure shenanigans? Brilliant episode nonetheless. This team just has great chemistry together. (Buki is still the best suck it haters.)
Wester has issues. He's probably my favourite villain in the entire show. Hopefully one day the rest of his team sees his true shounen haato. Hell, maybe he will be the fourth Cure!

CorvoSol

Just let it go, man. It happened. It sucked. If you ignore it it won't be able to hurt you anymore.

Don't give Anno what he wants.

I just think about the positives: this movie established forever that Asuka is the best pilot in the series. In case it wasn't already 'stablished, you know.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm surprised that you think anyone in AnimeGAF is capable of doing this for anything, both the good and the bad.
I just find it extremely unhealthy that anyone would willingly rewatch 3.33 instead of the show, no matter how many times they've gone through the material. Slitting your wrists probably is a more productive self-torture experience.

[Fresh! Precure] 14

Isn't it a bit too early in the season to start the fourth Cure shenanigans? Brilliant episode nonetheless. This team just has great chemistry together. (Buki is still the best suck it haters.)

Wester has issues. He's probably my favourite villain in the entire show. Hopefully one day the rest of his team sees his true shounen haato. Hell, maybe he will be the fourth Cure!

Ehhh it'll solve itself soon, not as soon like next episode, but soon.

And yes, Wester is awesome. Probably one of the best from the franchise
does too much work though

K.Sabot

Can someone point me to an anime that has some sort of consistent tone? I keep being fooled into watching shit that pulls the "suddenly this is hella dark/sci-fi/psychologically rapey" trick that Japan loves to do so much.

I'm at my wits end.

Can someone point me to an anime that has some sort of consistent tone? I keep being fooled into watching shit that pulls the "suddenly this is hella dark/sci-fi/psychologically rapey" trick that Japan loves to do so much.

I'm at my wits end.

Pretty Cure (not Max Heart, it's consistent, but it'll kill your soul)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

I'm at my wits end.
Hajime no Ippo
Seirei no Moribito
Crest of the Stars (arguable)
Maison Ikkoku (minus a couple eps)
Garzey's Wing

Kurita

I'm at my wits end.
Space Brothers

Defuser

Valvrave ep4 musings

Come to think of why Shouko
tried to strip is effective. If she have come from a ordinary background then of course nobody will give a shit if she strip but she is the daughter of Jior Prime Minister thus she is putting her reputation on the line when she try to strip. Makes sense but still dumb lol.

Jex

You know what, I've had it with negative-numbered OT's. That joke has over stayed it's welcome,so let's just go back to normal for summer, please.

More detailed sales analysis from this week:

- Puchimas vol.2 suffered only a slight decrease over volume one and is still doing very well for such a short show

- OreShura has fallen quite a bit from that ticket-boosted 7,000 vol.1 down to barely 2,000 for vol.3

- Magi sales are still plummeting, barely scraping together 4,300 BD/DVD combined for vol.5 when vol.1 sold nearly 9,000 DVDs alone first week. "This makes Guilty Crown and even AoEx look like paragons of stability," says something.

- as noted, Sakurasou scrapes together just over 2,000 BDs for vol.4

- Kokoro Connect stumbles to the finish line with a series per-volume average of just over 2,100 BDs each. How things might have been different (if at all) without that scandal, we'll never know.

Magi ought to have had more judar covers. Unless people arent buying for the sake of not being able to commit to a 52 episode series, should have gone bd box route.

jgminto

Anyone who thinks of entering the thread is getting scared off by the number. We don't even get the chance to scare them off.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The Perverted Prince Episodes 1-3

This show is a bit different than its synopsis would indicate. It almost seems like most of the typical harem shows this season are deconstructions of their genre. The main character in this show told one of the potential love interests, and Tsundere lead, that he wasn't interested in her. Alert He just friendzoned the Tsundere lead.

My love comedy is terrible like I imaged has the MC not getting with any of the female leads, and instead is closer to getting with a male.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom