• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it kind of weird how shounen shows have to be struggled through but some people here happily watch seasons of Precure that they're constantly told are terrible? The only shows with triple digit episodes that I've managed to finish are Gintama and DBZ so maybe I'm missing something.

Well only Max Heart is truly terrible. (and potentially Suite, but I must see this through).

The only people who sit through the full 50 episodes of Precure Max Heart hate themselves.

Probably explains how I was able to straight marathon it.

cajunator

Banned
Well only Max Heart is truly terrible. (and potentially Suite, but I must see this through).

Probably explains how I was able to straight marathon it.

Max Heart isn't so much terrible as it is just kind of boring.
Even though so far I kind of liked it because of Honoka.

Majestic Prince 5
This was an entertaining episode. Team Doberman actually makes the comedy work and there was some good CG action. I'm not really sure why there is such dislike for this show, even at its worst it hasn't been bad.

cjkeats

Trapped out in the woods at my parents house with no decent internet and nothing to do has led to a bit of anime backlog time.

Nyan Koi!
A fun but, largely forgettable harem anime. Meh.

Evangelion 3.33
I'm sure this has been picked apart to no end, but I enjoyed it. It was very pretty to look at and Asuka is as crazy as ever. Still needs more Mari(Can't wait for her dub). The only problem I had with it was that nothing really happend. All the plot happend elsewhere.

Gunbuster
I'd be okay calling this the "Top Gun of anime". Damn that was awesome.

DieBuster: Episode 1
Is this a squeal to GunBuster or a Gurren Lagann spin off? Oh wait, there's the tits and lightning kick. Back on board!

Steroyd

Majestic Prince 5
This was an entertaining episode. Team Doberman actually makes the comedy work and there was some good CG action. I'm not really sure why there is such dislike for this show, even at its worst it hasn't been bad.

Gargantia is legit good. Valvrave is legit Code Geass. MJP falls between being neither here nor there leading it to be incredibly average in a boring way.

fertygo

Majestic Prince 5

Its not bad.. just boring, the jokes often fall flat and its like follow pattern of countless anime before.

But yeah the latest episode was entertaining, next episode preview also look interesting.. maybe its a life sign!

Gargantia is legit good. Valvrave is legit Code Geass. MJP falls between being neither here nor there leading it to be incredibly average.

First thing that puzzled me here in AnimeGAF was how so many people here think Code Geass was only good because it was so bad. I thought it was great because it was so damn good. I agree though that valvrave has been so bad that it's pretty good.

Steroyd

First thing that puzzled me here in AnimeGAF was how so many people here think Code Geass was only good because it was so bad. I thought it was great because it was so damn good. I agree though that valvrave has been so bad that it's pretty good.

Valvrave doesn't belong in the same discussion as Geass yet, and it's pretty hit or miss itself.

I'm only using Code Geass as an easier means to describe how zany every episode has been so far.

Code Geass transcends being simply called good or bad.

jbug617

Banned
Deadman Wonderland 1-5

I like what I watched so far. The premise about a prison being a amusement park is alright with me. It's a very sick show (especially episode 5) and all the characters fit in their roles so far.

Cardcaptor Sakura 10

ib7AzaxLJ0oHB.jpg

:SDBurton with a clow card works for me!

Incredibly sweet and fun episode. Another look into Sakura's parent's past via the introduction of Tomoyo's mom. The clow card encounter felt a little forced, but it added a bit to the sweet moments between Sakura's dad and Tomoyo's mom so I'm ok with it.

Because i'm still cut from the rest of the world.
And because i'm on my 3g connexion i'm currently experiencing GAF without pictures ( no gif , no jpeg , no bmp ).( glorious setting in the USER CP )

It's more pleasant than expected.

And i have an escuse to start my IDOL MARATHON ( cut from the rest of the world version)
Idolmaster + puchimas ( that i 've restarted recently ), AKB0048 and aikatsu
All 3 in a row .. I'm hoping that i won't have an overdose .

So let's start :

Idolmaster 01

It was a pleasant surprise to restart this serie fresh .. I have played my share of the psp and pS3 version so i know what to expect .however i lost interest for some reason around ep 9

I hope During this rewatch i'll be able to enjoy the anime more.

So this first episode is actually very intresting , introducing the cast in the eyes of the producer filming them.
I honnestly think idolmaster wouldn't be even half as popular if it wasn't for the excellent cast chemistry that can do everything if you're considerate enough.

(Seriously i'm sick of the hell training loops in the ps3 games [obligatory if you have a fresh save ])
So This episode was intresting. But served his purpose well. I'm in the mood for more i guess.

[WIP]
Takane>Azusa>Ritsuko>Chihaya>Makoto>Yayoi>Miki>Iori>Hibiki>Yukiho>Haruka>Ami and Mami

Hataraku Maou-sama 5

Fight scenes didn't impress me much except for the end when Maou was charging his attack. Then it went back to disappointment when it turned out to be just another explosion and not an epic punch instead. Chi looked quite smitten with ripped Maou (not surprising) and seeing Emi with white hair again was nice to see, really perfer it to her usual red. Don't really care about her companions though, should have stayed a bit longer instead of just going back home.

And thank goodness they kept the Op song. I would have been quite upset if they had changed it.

Suite Precure 7

Today, the duo peck at each other again, but must band together to return a doll, FEATURING AN ENGLISH SEGMENT. I can't get tired of these. I just can't. The girls are on a journey throughout the year to strengthen their bond (and by that I mean love) with each other in order to fully harness their abilities, this is what I'm assuming of course considering the amount of bickering probably exceeds everyone else already.

Of course Hibiki can't stop thinking about food like every main lead not named Tsubomi.
2M7nC.gif

I am okay with this episode. Much easier to digest after Kanade was an ass towards her brother last time.

Kurita

35 Sai no Koukousei 1
iiGSdmvAlzMj5.jpg

‘35-sai no Koukousei’ is a socio-critical school drama set at an all-day senior high school. It follows a 35 year-old woman who enters the school as a student in order to fight against the dark sides of present-day junior and senior high schools. The biggest problem is a phenomenon called ’school caste’, which means that students rank each other in terms of popularity and look, which naturally creates some kind of hierarchy. This ranking leads to more problems such as bullying and playing hooky.

She hates it when students pretend not to see the difficulties of one of their classmates or blame someone else for the problems they are dealing with every day. Thanks to her age and experience in society, she can help the students to solve their problems and acts as an an older student they can rely on.

The drama depicts how she is gradually changing the students as well as the school in general.

Pretty entertaining first episode, liking the characters.
It's pretty classic, if you've watched/read any manga/anime/drama set in a school you know what to expect. Asshole students, nerds...
It's still interesting to have an adult as a student as she already knows how school is, thus she can advice her fellow classmates.

And... Not gonna lie, Yonekura Ryoko with the uniform and all is pretty hot
ibwq9ArmONWJCR.jpg

Probably helps that the characters are eased into the cast and whatnot over time. Then again, I'm saying this like I've finished Suite, which I haven't yet.

Can't hate Kanade completely. Her socks/stockings is like a shield to prevent that.

CorvoSol

I just find it extremely unhealthy that anyone would willingly rewatch 3.33 instead of the show, no matter how many times they've gone through the material. Slitting your wrists probably is a more productive self-torture experience.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but part of me does enjoy it, and part of me is just willing to watch Eva no matter what.

Yozakura Quartet 1

iZYRmE7ylr2Rp.jpg

She's best girl for reasons I've made all too obvious.

That was an ok first episode. The action scenes aren't anything special but somehow are still completely ridiculous, and I like the character design since it's that guy. One problem though, but the soundtrack annoys the hell out of me. Sometimes it's too damn loud, and all of the time it's the most boring "this is what some boring alterna-rock band might sound like" kinda thing and it's soooooooooooooo bad. I'm going to end up finishing it so I can watch the OVAs/that reboot (?) coming out soon.

Yozakura Quartet 1

That was an ok first episode. The action scenes aren't anything special but somehow are still completely ridiculous, and I like the character design since it's that guy. One problem though, but the soundtrack annoys the hell out of me. Sometimes it's too damn loud, and all of the time it's the most boring "this is what some boring alterna-rock band might sound like" kinda thing and it's soooooooooooooo bad. I'm going to end up finishing it so I can watch the OVAs/that reboot (?) coming out soon.

Just so you know, the OVAs don't pick up where the tv series leaves off, but is actually further along. It assumes the people watching it are fans of the manga. No idea about the new one though.

Just so you know, the OVAs don't pick up where the tv series leaves off, but is actually further along. It assumes the people watching it are fans of the manga. No idea about the new one though.

As long as it doesn't have a blaring soundtrack like the TV series I really don't mind where it leaves off.

The new TV series will start from the beginning of the manga, but I understand it's going to be following an anime-original story that occurs at the same time as the manga events up to a certain point, so as not to retread the events from the first TV series.

The new TV series will start from the beginning of the manga, but I understand it's going to be following an anime-original story that occurs at the same time as the manga events up to a certain point, so as not to retread the events from the first TV series.

That sounds all kinds of confusing at the start. Though, it'll probably be awesome once it reaches the manga stuff.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'll probably watch it again. And not just that, I'll probably enjoy it!
I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. :(
Gunbuster
I'd be okay calling this the "Top Gun of anime".
Well duh.
DieBuster: Episode 1
Is this a squeal to GunBuster or a Gurren Lagann spin off? Oh wait, there's the tits and lightning kick. Back on board!
It has more in common with FLCL than Gurren Lagann, I'd say.

Cardcaptor Sakura 10

We see Tomoya's mother, and how she knows of Sakura's dad, and learn more on Sakura's mom too! I know I'm watching CCS for the cuteness, which there's plenty of, but I can't deny that I'm watching this to see where everyone fits on the sexual deviant scale.

FLOWER card rains flower petals which might end up killing people, so Sakura had to deflower the school to save the day.

It's like everyone is in this... spiderweb that ties them together to establish history and maybe some creep factors that I enjoy seeing fold out. I mean... it's going for every note so far. Nowadays, you'd probably see some bullshit cop-out for things but this is pretty legit so far.

Uniform of the episode: Sports attire. Straight white, with some shorts. Normal for the most part.

Mr.Jeff

The new Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ TV series will begin airing in October. If you missed it before, here's the key visual from last week:
There's so much I like about the idea of Yozakura Quartet but man do I dislike the main lead guy. He just seems so bland and boring.

Can someone point me to an anime that has some sort of consistent tone? I keep being fooled into watching shit that pulls the "suddenly this is hella dark/sci-fi/psychologically rapey" trick that Japan loves to do so much.

I'm at my wits end.
Mushishi perhaps? You could argue that it's not a particularly light series but it does kind of maintain a solid tone throughout I think. Plus it's just good which is more important.

There's so much I like about the idea of Yozakura Quartet but man do I dislike the main lead guy. He just seems so bland and boring.

He'll get his character development and plenty of it later on in the series. Kinda hard to stand out when you are suppose to be the 'normal' one in the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom