• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

He'll get his character development and plenty of it later on in the series. Kinda hard to stand out when you are suppose to be the 'normal' one in the cast.

The manga would be at least 20 times better without him and the pseudo-harem/romcom antics.

Metrotab

Banned
Apparently there is a real life action version of Aku no Hana's episode 3. Might actually be interesting to watch.

EDIT:

t1RKtaq.jpg

Cardcaptor Sakura 11

I'd say homolust runs in the Daidouji family, but then how would Tomoyo get there? Another episode where the clow card encounter is a minor issue/a more "poetic" way for the show to develop the characters. I do really dig these kinds of episodes and await for more, but hopefully the show won't be too saturated with them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well we do get some numbers, I think anime gets occasionally mentioned if it sells over 20,000 unit debut week, last I checked, Eva 2.22 had like 101K total in the us.
Funi is super cagey about numbers for shows that aren't guaranteed sellers though. So something like OoFuri bombed hard for them, but they won't say what that actually means in terms of how many people bought the DVDs.

I don't blame them, because why would you publicize numbers that are simply "adequate", but for the lower-tier shows, I believe the numbers are moderate at best.

Apparently there is a real life action version of Aku no Hana's episode 3. Might actually be interesting to watch.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/t1RKtaq.jpg[img][/quote]

Articalys posted some caps. They streamed the footage they used for the rotoscoping on nico.

[quote="Kurita, post: 56766876"][b]35 Sai no Koukousei 1[/b]
[img]http://i.minus.com/iiGSdmvAlzMj5.jpg[img]

Pretty entertaining first episode, liking the characters.
It's pretty classic, if you've watched/read any manga/anime/drama set in a school you know what to expect. Asshole students, nerds...
It's still interesting to have an adult as a student as she already knows how school is, thus she can advice her fellow classmates.

And... Not gonna lie, Yonekura Ryoko with the uniform and all is pretty hot
[img]http://i.minus.com/ibwq9ArmONWJCR.jpg[img][/quote]

How does that even work? lol

This reminds me of that show with that girl from AKB... although she goes undercover by making herself older. :p

cajunator

Banned
I still cant understand why Funi bothered with making a beautiful bluray set and artbox for Fractale.
I'm glad they did though.

Theonik

Cardcaptor Sakura 02
ibjNrT5i1qAqCI.png

Looking forward to it though, rolerscate Sakura is the best!
It's been a while since I started watching this. Figured this was as good a time as any to try and get it out of the way.
Fun episode. Best mascot or best mascot?

Suite Precure 8

SIREN initiates Operation Infiltrate, and fails harder than everyone else that attempts it.

She was quite the stalker for the first few minutes, mainly focusing on Hibiki. Which sort of reminds me. Hibiki really steals the spotlight hard. Normalities are rather fine, but in battles, Kanade gets the shaft in power attainment as well as screen time.

Siren really tried too hard with her plan, and effectively dropped her identity by calling out Hummy. All within an episode. No one else has failed this hard, which is funny because she at least looks completely different (probably because they saw her human form already).
Michiru and Kaoru, along with Kiriya could get away with it because they were never seen, but Eas/Setsuna was rather debatable since it was just a hair color change.

Needless to say, she was also pretty affected hard within one episode, so I wonder where we'll end up with her.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chihayafuru 17

All I can say is that I hope this is 3 cours (split or otherwise) or the adaptors will find a new way to make me hate this show. Otherwise, they screwed up somewhere really badly.

---

SNAFU 5
Coming off of this episode and some of the spoilers that I've read, I think I'm really looking forward to how this show will turn out. Either it will be worse than SAO or it will somehow manage to take the best elements of SAO, Haganai, OreImo and Pet Girl (and all the other harems that have aired recently, to be honest) and make something special.

Of course, since the novels are still ongoing, we'll probably never know for sure, but I'm going to allow my hopes to get raised here. I'm sure this hope will bite me in the ass though, as it always does. lol

SNAFU 5
Coming off of this episode and some of the spoilers that I've read, I think I'm really looking forward to how this show will turn out. Either it will be worse than SAO or it will somehow manage to take the best elements of SAO, Haganai, OreImo and Pet Girl (and all the other harems that have aired recently, to be honest) and make something special.

Of course, since the novels are still ongoing, we'll probably never know for sure, but I'm going to allow my hopes to get raised here. I'm sure this hope will bite me in the ass though, as it always does. lol

My Light Novel Adaptation Viewing Expectations Is Wrong As I Expected!

Kurita

How does that even work? lol

This reminds me of that show with that girl from AKB... although she goes undercover by making herself older. :p

Well so far, all I know is that she was a drop-out. It also seems like the superintendant has something to do with the situation, looks like he is the one who told her to go to this school.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well so far, all I know is that she was a drop-out. It also seems like the superintendant has something to do with the situation, looks like he is the one who told her to go to this school.
Honestly, it sounds like GTO but with a girl instead of a guy...

My Light Novel Adaptation Viewing Expectations Is Wrong As I Expected!
My little light novel couldn't possibly be this terrible.
You guys are mean! This is why it's easier to hate everything. lol

Dresden

SNAFU 5

Going from what I read, I'm not expecting much of an ending. On the other hand, going by vol7 spoilers, we're not missing out on much . . .

One thing I appreciate about SNAFU is that the girls aren't arrayed against each other, like rivals for love. Or horrible human beings like the little shits in haganai.

Articalys

New catalog titles to be added to Crunchyroll on a rolling episode basis (2 or 3 episodes a week): Gurren Lagann, R.O.D. TV, and Ghost Slayers Ayashi.
Of course, since it's all via AoA, it's US/Canada only, sorry.

edit: actually, the latter two will be all available right away for subscribers, and rolling out to free viewers.

Going from what I read, I'm not expecting much of an ending. On the other hand, going by vol7 spoilers, we're not missing out on much . . .

One thing I appreciate about SNAFU is that the girls aren't arrayed against each other, like rivals for love. Or horrible human beings like the little shits in haganai.

Well it is pretty much a no contest for best girl here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So it's like Gokusen then.
Oh shit, I totally forgot about Gokusen. lol

I never said I didn't have high hopes that it'll turn out decent.
Let us be disappointed together!

Honestly, I'm more interested in how Hachiman turns out. Novel spoilers:
If he is really Batman, it could turn into a self-pity fest real fast. But if they're sort of self-aware with it and don't go full jdrama, it could turn into something a bit more interesting... like say, the Franco character from Freaks & Geeks
. It's a really fine line, and I honestly have no idea if any Japanese text can do it properly, but it seems kind of encouraging at the moment anyway.

Cardcaptor Sakura 11

"Your father is disgusting,.... he has no flaws."

"Your mother is amazing, Tomoyo".

Sakura's outfit was just adorable. Shame people on the bus thinks she's nuts now. Sakura really attracts people, Yukito being the exception I guess. We got to dwell a bit more into Sakura's mother's characteristics in where she wasn't like Sakura. There's a lot of fun characterizations in the show so far.

Also realized.... Wouldn't Tomoyo be Sakura's distant cousin?

Also

Animation error.

Dresden

Honestly, I'm more interested in how Hachiman turns out. Novel spoilers:
If he is really Batman, it could turn into a self-pity fest real fast. But if they're sort of self-aware with it and don't go full jdrama, it could turn into something a bit more interesting... like say, the Franco character from Freaks & Geeks
. It's a really fine line, and I honestly have no idea if any Japanese text can do it properly, but it seems kind of encouraging at the moment anyway.

Oh, I thought that was the worst part, since
it seems likely to just dip into messianic martyrdom for 8man. There's something self-congratulatory about all the Batman stuff.

cajunator

Banned
I might give ROD a shot. I've only seen a few episodes of it, ever. Already seen Gurren Lagann.

Completely unrelated, I just finished up watching Girls und Panzer, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Its well worth a watch. You should start with the OVA to get the most out of it, since the TV series is directly tied to it (though not at first glance)
Its good for paper-manipulation sakuga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom