• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS
ighjJVR.png

I wrote earlier how
they lumped together the power up episode of the Sailor Senshi, but I was tricked, in that episode they just gave their “new” outfit, leaving their new attacks and new transformation sequence to other episodes.
The first episode after my last review was
the Ami power up, followed by Rei power up episode, they both were really enjoyable. And for some reason Minako and Makoto power up episode was put together instead of each one getting their own episode
, meh.
Venus
Love and Beauty Shock
>Mercury
Aqua Rhapsody
>Moon
Gourgeous Meditation
>Jupiter
Oak Evolution
>Mars
Flame Sniper
>Chibi Moon
Twinkle Yell.
For me, the first arc had a lack
of Sailor Senshi interacting together, there were more episodes with just Usagi and Chibiusa, or with just the Senshi who was the focus of the episode.
But the second arc
had all of them together most of the time, there was even an episode where they used all of the Senshi transformation sequence, it really brought a smile to my face when Rei and Usagi were fighting at Crown in Ami power up episode, something I don’t really remember happening much at the first arc. They shined on episode 32, when they got together to find out who Chibiusa was in love with, Makoto insisting it was a sempai and Rei reactions, Minako blowing her drink and insisting it was two-timing, Ami getting flustered, I really do like when they get together.
Pegasus
was a creepy and a lolicon as proved by episode 31, where Chibiusa switches ages with Usagi, later he appears in a dream and says that they cannot be together if she remains an adult, and share a kiss with Chibiusa, the only thing I don’t know is if it was with the Pegasus form or the Helios form. I’m glad he went away in the end.

i9atWeA.jpg

The Amazon Trio
>VesVes >JunJun >PallaPalla>CereCere
VesVes comes out on top just because JunJun didn’t have enough air time,
JunJun had like 2 episodes (and was awesome in the first one, helping Kyusuke), and in the Koi episode she just appeared in the end to summon the MotW), VesVes got the most time to shine, I liked when she appeared on top of a levitating ball in a flight suit and Chibiusa had to point it out how suspicious that was.
PallaPalla was less irritating than CereCere. There were no entertaining Lemures from the Amazoness Quartet, meh.
Near the end
I didn’t understand Sailor Moon with the whole yadda yadda they are our enemies yadda yadda, the only time they interacted was in episode 33, even though they had a nice time doing the volunteer work together they ended up fighting. When they learned the identities of the Sailor Senshi I tough “there goes their death flag”, but in the end they help Sailor Moon and survive to do something another day
(?).
Queen Nehelenia,
she just came to be the final boss and did nothing in the other episodes, even though she made me laugh when she told her backstory to Chibi Moon and both looked up to start the flashback. I don’t quite understand how she was able to use the Golden Crystal since it should do the same thing it did to her the first time she tried to use it.
???

I’m not really good with music and animation quality stuff, but I really like some of the music used, the one used when the Amazon Trio prepare for and perform their "one, two, three" sequence is a perfect mood setter, and the theme of the Dead Moon Circus is so good and the second ending was nice. I liked the new attacks presented in SuperS, especially Sailor Moon new finisher, and I felt like the art was only off in two or three episodes, and there were some episodes with less refined animation.

Even though the focus of the story fell on Chibiusa, I didn’t mind it too much as I tough it could have been worse (lol), Chibiusa and Pegasus conversation where cringe worth but how Usagi and Chibiusa relationship grew was really sweet, I mean on their daily life, but as Sailor Senshi…
their relationship grew to the point they became a set and had to always be together (lol), I was impressed Chibi Moon could transform alone in episode 30, and Usagi using Moon Tiara Action later.

But the most important to me is that I had fun, much fun and now I set my sight on Stars and maybe the end of this journey(?).

Instro

Oreimo 5

I feel like I'm asking for more Kuroneko every week and not really getting any, this week was a nice tease though. Also they are really pushing the broxsis relationship really hard all of a sudden, like getting into actual incestuous feelings. Its weird and feels forced in a cringe worthy sort of way, rather than as comedy. Suddenly they are both jealous of the other having some sort of normal love interest. Don't really like this new guys design very much either.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Muromi 05
This is probably the first episode of the series that has really impressed me enough to win me over completely. It mostly shifts away from the introductory patterns that the show fell into. Instead we get a good mix of simple emotional stuff mixed with the show's endearingly obnoxious and over the top nature. Muromi finally feels like it's comfortable with itself.

Suite MamaCure! 17

Kanade's comment about how she'd be fine as long as her mother supported her was actually foreshadowing for later in the episode.

Hibiki was giddy as hell during the intercom segment. It was quite possibly her most hyperactive moment in the show so far. In a way, considering how she doesn't see her mother very often, it was sort of adorable... which is shocking considering that isn't one of the comments I would normally come up with for a main leading Cure (outside of Tsubomi/Cure Blossom). Considering the moment is too long, I rather not GIF it (plus it's like 12:38AM in AK right now)

Siren cosplays as Hibiki this time and actually summons a Negatone while doing so, forcing the citizens to turn on Hibiki. Unfortunately, while it got the point across to Hibiki, they really didn't do much to make this even more effective.

Also the typical "this is how we got your name" thing which broke her facade on having a strong face towards her mother. BONDING! I guess we aren't completely there on when it goes to shit yet.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Attack on Titan 5

Hey Eren good job talking up everyone an- OH SHIT
WHAT THE FUCK
OHGOD

I have zero idea where this is going

OceanBlue

Attack on Titan 5

Am I the only one bothered by how the show arranges its scenes? They do a good job of presenting a shocking or exciting scene at the end of the episode, but rest was filled with flashbacks and random characters I don't really care about. They keep dropping any tension they try to create. The end was kinda shocking, I guess, but it feels like the show relies so much on that shock value that I just feel tired of it.
If Eren doesn't die, then maybe this will drive Armin to do something instead of whining all of the time? Or maybe that flashback at the beginning will have something to do with it.
It doesn't really matter to me because, no matter what happens, I'm finding it harder to care about what happens in this show.

Also, although the
chomp was pretty tense, Armin's scream and expression
at the end were hilarious. I think I'm being a bit too negative towards this show, but this last episode rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. They did start to present the question of, "What are the giants?" which I am still interested in. Hopefully they get to that quickly. I wish I were enjoying the show as much as everyone else, to be honest. :(

Edit:
Attack on Titan 5

I have zero idea where this is going

This is how I feel, but in a negative way.

I still think that Magi gif should live on as an example of finished key animation only instead of "magi sux here's a reason why."

I've actually used it this way. The people at my anime club found it amusing.

wonzo

Banned
the rapeman 1-2 end

"Are you a concerned stepmother worried about her daughter dating a spineless thug instead of a MANLY YAKUZA MAN liker her father? Well worry no more and pay for a complete stranger (in this case, he PE teacher) known as THE RAPEMAN to rape her and set her straight, finally making her act like a proper woman should."

this is the worst thing ever. fuck anime

the rapeman 1-2 end

"Are you a concerned stepmother worried about her daughter dating a spineless thug instead of a MANLY YAKUZA MAN liker her father? Well, worry no more as paying for a complete stranger (in this case, her childrens PE teacher) knows as THE RAPEMAN to rape her will set her straight and act like a proper woman should."

I have no idea on if I should laugh or feel appalled. Or yes.

Defuser

the rapeman 1-2 end

"Are you a concerned stepmother worried about her daughter dating a spineless thug instead of a MANLY YAKUZA MAN liker her father? Well, worry no more as paying for a complete stranger (in this case, her childrens PE teacher) knows as THE RAPEMAN to rape her will set her straight and act like a proper woman should."

Why are you torturing yourself.

Suite Precure 18

Otokichi is quite suspicious. He's a mysterious old man

Mephisto and Aphrodite are wondering why their subordinates are taking so long
so they decide to go to the human world.... except not really

It is Notegasms day, so everyone is gathering notes... but then BAD GUYS AND PIPE ORGANS. Cure Muse always says she's not an ally to anyone, but has shown alliance to Precure....
so she pulls off her first dick move. Retrieves the baddies notes.... and then releases them. WE STILL HAVE MORE OF THE SEASON GUYS. LOL what an asshole. Although it really does feel like either score will be complete by the seasons halfway point considering Hummy's comments about the score getting closer to completion.

EDIT: Stop using Heartcatch's music. Plz. Negatone is quite possibly the worst enemy name because it sounds like they're saying N
igga
tone. I mean it's utterly hilarious, but dang.

Defuser

Oreimo. ep 5
This 2nd season of oreimo is seriously lacking in something which doesn't feel like the first original, I can't put my finger on it. It's kinda bad.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Chihayafuru! Precure] 14
Holy shit that was... good? Very good in fact! It reminded me of some of the best Smile! episodes, taking one theme to the extreme and playing it all for shitz and giggles. It also proved that that other inferior karuta show would be a lot more entertaining if they allowed you to pummel your opponent after every card taken!
Rikka was super cute omg. New rankings: Alice > Rikka > Mako-P > Mana
Poor Rikka's mom. The things that will be done to you by next Comiket... :(

Holy shit that was... good? Very good in fact! It reminded me of some of the best Smile! episodes, taking one theme to the extreme and playing it all for shitz and giggles. It also proved that that other inferior karuta show would be a lot more entertaining if they allowed you to pummel your opponent after every card taken!

The things I will expect from Gambler Club or any other worthwhile group...

Attack on Titan

Man, this series is fucking nuts.

Attack on Titan
Railgun S
Oreimo
Gargantia
Maou sama

Best Spring ever? Best Spring ever.

Conan-san

SuperS is probably my least favourite Season, Stars is pretty decent though...especially after the first arc.
Stars has the problem where they have this brilliant end game to SuperS and then 26 epsiodes of the same shit, which they openly admit they can go off format for as shown by those seven episodes, and then crams the end game of the season and the show into seven episodes.

That and the Manga was far more "ALL OF THE BALLS" about things.

You are awful and will never replace Sun Seto as my mermaid wifu.

Coxy

Attack on Titan 5

what what what what
It's the first battle and everyone's dead. They've been giving the episodes titles like restoration of humanity and defence of trost but everything has gone worse than expected. Just when Eren was ready to attack he gets mutilated out of nowhere and then loses and arms while being finished off. I dunno what kinda level 99 bulshit storm it'll take to bring him back from that if they're planning on it. Would be cooler if they just switched to Mikasa or someone as the main. Cant beleive Thomas died to such a stupid attack and it looks like the pigtails girl is a goner too :(

/XX/

If maybe this is what it gets for someone to finally attempt translating a Gewalt greatly informative 'dōjin', as always are (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48665745&postcount=7532), then I'm all for this merchandise ploys.

Sold out already ????????
There was quite the line for it, apparently:
COMIC ZIN has also been selling them through both mail order and their Akihabara store (as mentioned here; http://shop.comiczin.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=15944), and although those were all sold out as well, Gewalt's EXCEL 're-tweeting' about said store display re-stock very recently (http://www.akibun.info/index.php/archives/28777) could hint at further availability soon.

cajunator

Banned
Are you a bad enough dude to handle THIS?

LIKE A BOSS

Yozakura Quartet 3

FJxANIg.gif

I have no words.

bitchslapping a mutt? What did the little dog ever do?

I think it's safe to say the second surprised show of the season after Hataraku Maou-sama is Hentai Ouji. It's a fun show to watch.

Now......Team Tsukiko or Team Azuki Azusa?

Tsukiko for me, but I don't think any team in that show would be a wrong choice. Only one of them I bought a figurine from though.

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS
ighjJVR.png

I wrote earlier how
they lumped together the power up episode of the Sailor Senshi, but I was tricked, in that episode they just gave their “new” outfit, leaving their new attacks and new transformation sequence to other episodes.
The first episode after my last review was
the Ami power up, followed by Rei power up episode, they both were really enjoyable. And for some reason Minako and Makoto power up episode was put together instead of each one getting their own episode
, meh.

Venus
Love and Beauty Shock
>Mercury
Aqua Rhapsody
>Moon
Gourgeous Meditation
>Jupiter
Oak Evolution
>Mars
Flame Sniper
>Chibi Moon
Twinkle Yell.
For me, the first arc had a lack
of Sailor Senshi interacting together, there were more episodes with just Usagi and Chibiusa, or with just the Senshi who was the focus of the episode.
But the second arc
had all of them together most of the time, there was even an episode where they used all of the Senshi transformation sequence, it really brought a smile to my face when Rei and Usagi were fighting at Crown in Ami power up episode, something I don’t really remember happening much at the first arc. They shined on episode 32, when they got together to find out who Chibiusa was in love with, Makoto insisting it was a sempai and Rei reactions, Minako blowing her drink and insisting it was two-timing, Ami getting flustered, I really do like when they get together.
Pegasus
was a creepy and a lolicon as proved by episode 31, where Chibiusa switches ages with Usagi, later he appears in a dream and says that they cannot be together if she remains an adult, and share a kiss with Chibiusa, the only thing I don’t know is if it was with the Pegasus form or the Helios form. I’m glad he went away in the end.

VesVes comes out on top just because JunJun didn’t have enough air time,
JunJun had like 2 episodes (and was awesome in the first one, helping Kyusuke), and in the Koi episode she just appeared in the end to summon the MotW), VesVes got the most time to shine, I liked when she appeared on top of a levitating ball in a flight suit and Chibiusa had to point it out how suspicious that was.
PallaPalla was less irritating than CereCere. There were no entertaining Lemures from the Amazoness Quartet, meh.
Near the end
I didn’t understand Sailor Moon with the whole yadda yadda they are our enemies yadda yadda, the only time they interacted was in episode 33, even though they had a nice time doing the volunteer work together they ended up fighting. When they learned the identities of the Sailor Senshi I tough “there goes their death flag”, but in the end they help Sailor Moon and survive to do something another day
(?).
Queen Nehelenia,
she just came to be the final boss and did nothing in the other episodes, even though she made me laugh when she told her backstory to Chibi Moon and both looked up to start the flashback. I don’t quite understand how she was able to use the Golden Crystal since it should do the same thing it did to her the first time she tried to use it.
???

I’m not really good with music and animation quality stuff, but I really like some of the music used, the one used when the Amazon Trio prepare for and perform their "one, two, three" sequence is a perfect mood setter, and the theme of the Dead Moon Circus is so good and the second ending was nice. I liked the new attacks presented in SuperS, especially Sailor Moon new finisher, and I felt like the art was only off in two or three episodes, and there were some episodes with less refined animation.

Even though the focus of the story fell on Chibiusa, I didn’t mind it too much as I tough it could have been worse (lol), Chibiusa and Pegasus conversation where cringe worth but how Usagi and Chibiusa relationship grew was really sweet, I mean on their daily life, but as Sailor Senshi…
their relationship grew to the point they became a set and had to always be together (lol), I was impressed Chibi Moon could transform alone in episode 30, and Usagi using Moon Tiara Action later.

But the most important to me is that I had fun, much fun and now I set my sight on Stars and maybe the end of this journey(?).

Demonstrating why Sailor Venus is best senshi. Her attacks are even beautiful.

Rikka's mom is Meme Touwa tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom