• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
pullinganeiken.gif

"pulling an eiken"

I disagree entirely. Steins;Gate was literally the only redeeming factor of that season.
But Spring 2011 had Kaiji S2, Azazel-san, YATP 2011, the first few eps & ending of Dororon Enma-kun, Hen Zemi & Hanasaku Iroha.

Narag

Due to a materials delay and the golden week holidays, episode 5 will be delayed by up to approximately 2 days. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support.

fml

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Crime Edge 4-5

Good god this show gets more and more and more lewd. The lewdness factor is nearly off the charts. And it keeps rising and rising. There were some borderline hentai moments in there. And this show put MGX in shame with its implementation of drool.

The older Eureka lady is hawt.

Still really enjoying this show. The story remains as silly as ever, the characters outside of the main 2 are pretty worthless but damn the smutkuga carries the show.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Maoudonalds 5

Man I was really worried going into this episode that this show would lose its sense of humor in favor of "serious" battles.

Thank god that was not the case at all. There were a lot of damn hilarious moments in this and the battle itself was pretty neat too.
The bits involving the gun were cool, it shows the feebleness of everybody while they're in human form and then how useless it is as a tool once they use magic.

#TeamEmi for life.

BluWacky

Its only delayed two days. Not a big deal.

Another two days where they lose their audience, though. Of course it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but huge numbers of people have already watched Attack on Titan 5 in English.

Of course, it's Golden Week, I get that - but Crunchy haven't had this problem with any of their other shows, all of which are presumably less popular than Titan which is probably the biggest show this season. Of all the shows to have problems with, Titan is not the best.

Narag

Another two days where they lose their audience, though. Of course it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but huge numbers of people have already watched Attack on Titan 5 in English.

Of course, it's Golden Week, I get that - but Crunchy haven't had this problem with any of their other shows, all of which are presumably less popular than Titan which is probably the biggest show this season. Of all the shows to have problems with, Titan is not the best.

I wonder if Funi is delayed too and it's not CR's fault at all.

Steroyd

Attack on Titan - 05

cXs9ih9.jpg

Angry moe

Hunter x Hunter - 78

Bwahahahahahahahaha it was not wise watching this right after Attack on Titan. I should have known better, man this is more depressing than in the manga.

Hentai Ouji - 04

lolz, no idea where they're going with this, everything the show set out at the start has been practically resolved to satisfaction
except the whole dissapearing house thing at the end lol.

DiGiKerot

It doesn't really help either that all of those who have watched it already are speaking of it in the kind of spoiler tags which make it clear that something rather dramatic/awesome happens in this weeks episode.

Jarmel

Banned
Attack on Titan 5

Am I the only one bothered by how the show arranges its scenes? They do a good job of presenting a shocking or exciting scene at the end of the episode, but rest was filled with flashbacks and random characters I don't really care about. They keep dropping any tension they try to create. The end was kinda shocking, I guess, but it feels like the show relies so much on that shock value that I just feel tired of it.
If Eren doesn't die, then maybe this will drive Armin to do something instead of whining all of the time? Or maybe that flashback at the beginning will have something to do with it.
It doesn't really matter to me because, no matter what happens, I'm finding it harder to care about what happens in this show.

Also, although the
chomp was pretty tense, Armin's scream and expression
at the end were hilarious. I think I'm being a bit too negative towards this show, but this last episode rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. They did start to present the question of, "What are the giants?" which I am still interested in. Hopefully they get to that quickly. I wish I were enjoying the show as much as everyone else, to be honest. :(

Yea I definitely had issues with that. The flow of the episode is broken up way too many times and it creates this segmented feel to the episode. Instead of having one scene creating tension, it goes to too many different places. That said, it is better than the manga which is much worse in this regard. Another problem is fucking Araki which is making the show out to be much more bombastic compared to the manga and probably what it should be in general. A good description I saw on a blog is that someone described Araki as a director who only had one pedal. I do wonder what a more somber director would have done with the series but it is what it is.

BluWacky

It doesn't really help either that all of thoe who have watched it already are speaking if it in the kind of spoiler tags which make it clear that something rather dramatic/awesome happens in this weeks episode.

Well, yes. I still haven't watched episode 3 and people have made it fairly obvious that something dramatic happens to at least one of the male characters.

But then that's what I get for staying current with the thread!

I wonder if Funi is delayed too and it's not CR's fault at all.

Funimation delayed two weeks ago and now its CR's turn. I wonder why the people giving them the episodes is having materials delay twice already. Hopefully Funi still gets it or else I guess Ill hope it is not a full two day delay. I need to see if Eren got all epic and coolish.

Tenumi

Banned
Hurray for Sundays, a.k.a. Anime Catch-up day!

Smile Precure: 15

Mother's Day... Its a thing. Also, a red nose this episode. Hurray for variety?

------

I've been debating whether or not it will be worth it to watch Eureka 7 AO. On one hand, its a continuation of a world I've spent a lot of time learning about. On the other hand, I want to learn more about the characters from the first series, not entirely new ones. Not to mention the series reputation isn't that great...

I've been debating whether or not it will be worth it to watch Eureka 7 AO. On one hand, its a continuation of a world I've spent a lot of time learning about. On the other hand, I want to learn more about the characters from the first series, not entirely new ones. Not to mention the series reputation isn't that great...

Ao and Truth are leagues above 95% of the original cast (comparable with Moondoggie, Dominic, and Renton).

I'm guessing episode 7 of AoT will be the one where people here are going to realize what direction the series is heading in, that's the one I want to see everyone's reaction to
to see if they hate it as much as I did when reading the manga

The Severing Crime Edge 5
tumblr_mmbtn9x3Vb1qiej2bo1_500.jpg

Pretty awful episode. Only highlight was really Naruto the swords guy who looked really cool and
the promise of the other author with the rope potentially showing up
. Too much licking, saliva, and punishing...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So Sunday is basically anime day so a round up on the most important views of the day.

Space Brothers 56

Despite being an episode that gives us background details to event from yesteryear the plot still chugs forward nicely in the background. Hopefully they can keep this level of pacing up and they don't start to drag like some parts of the show did earlier on.

Oreimo2 5

I know it's a cultural thing but I still find the idea that lassy calling her brother by his first name scandalous funny. Needs more yaoi girl.

Azazel-san Z 5

People really are down on this arn't they, but I suppose it's too be expected when it was one of the few shows people were actually looking forward to. The two part formula seems to have killed the quick sharp delivery of the first series.

Muromi-san 5

Still the best new show of the season. What the above should have been like.

Attack on Titan 5

So the titans die if you cut their neck from behind, but if you fire a cannonball at their face and it goes all the way through thus severing the back of their neck (i.e their weak spot) they survive. That's stupid, that's beyond stupid, that's beyond SAO levels of stupid. Also who thought Moe Ti-tan was a good idea? Also this show is so sexist. Female titans eat females and male titans eat males.

Anyway:
iYagGJmmBNddj.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Theonik

the rapeman 1-2 end

"Are you a concerned stepmother worried about her daughter dating a spineless thug instead of a MANLY YAKUZA MAN liker her father? Well, worry no more as paying for a complete stranger (in this case, her childrens PE teacher) knows as THE RAPEMAN to rape her will set her straight and act like a proper woman should."

this is the worst thing ever. fuck anime
Fuck I need to watch this looks hilarious.

I have the strangest urge to watch Boku no Pico now. Weird.

Fuck Crunchyroll.

Hunter x Hunter 78

tumblr_mmbdjfuLxn1rc29jno5_500.jpg

Best, please have a large and significant role, though dont steal screentime from Killua and Gon. I dont see how people thought this episode was depressing and what not,
The woman and children were spared and then characters were deemed as "endearing". The mom even protected a child from harm, kudos
. I guess I thought the episode was alright, too many animals and what not, I hope we get more humans and human based designs, as I just cant get into any of them. Kurt is starting to be kind of interesting though and so earnest.

Surely the birthed king will be weak as all these normal humans just cant really be all that powerful, shouldnt she be trying to get them to get nen users?

The only depressing thing, in my opinion, is probably just the narrator's ending line
a cruel fate awaits them...

/XX/

There are three real hand-to-hand setpieces in the movie and each really stand out for different reasons.
The fight between Spike and Electra is fun because of Spike's use of a weapon and it's really dynamic.
Key animation by Yoshihiko Umakoshi.

The first fight between Spike and Vincent is great mostly due to the camerawork and the actual use of environment to make an engaging fight.
Key animation by Yutaka Nakamura, as you said.

The third is pure skill and the strengths of both parties comes out. I would love to know which animator did which scene.
Key animation Hisashi Eguchi, Yoshiyuki Ito & Masahiro Ando.

I know Yutaka Nakamura did the train fight sequence but I don't know if he did the Tower bit. The Tower fight looks very much like his style but I can't say for sure.
He didn't (well, not directly), and acted solely as animation director and made the storyboard of the scene. In fact, he left nearly untouched the original drawings by Mr. Ando because he was extremely satisfied with the result as is.

I know sakuga@wiki (作画@wiki) lists him as an animator on that scene (http://www18.atwiki.jp/sakuga/pages/304.html), but YUTAPON himself talked about this clearly on an interview with WEB ANIMESTYLE they seem to ignore (http://www.style.fm/as/01_talk/n_yutaka03.shtml). Maybe I'm the one not understanding well what he says there, but that is the impression this text gave me from translations of it I saw.

Checking now AniPages, and Ben made mention of it in the comments section from one article:

Ben (09/07/07 @ 10:38) said:
No, surprisingly, Nakamura did not animate any of the fight at the end, he was just AD and storyboarder. You're right that Ito was involved. Hisashi Eguchi animated the first third, Ito animated the middle portion, and Ando animated the last third. Nakamura says he made virtually no corrections to Ando's part because it was already so nuanced and perfect as is, although he was apparently stimulated by the quality of Ando's work to make additions to the storyboard after Ando had already drawn layout, which is unusual. I wouldn't be surprised if he was 'boarding his part again in the new movie. He's gotten to the point where he has a director's sense of precisely what he wants done with his scenes.
http://www.pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/masahiro_ando

Production problems often affect a studio's ability to deliver a product on time, and sometimes require bringing in additional workers. That negatively affects the budget of the production so I wouldn't say it's something they don't care about. It doesn't just adversely affect the quality of the finished product.
But also something good and unique can come out of improvised solutions and raw imagination coming through unfiltered, like in procedures akin to the 'chaos strategy' that Mr. Okada liked to talk about when referring to old GAiNAX.

Everyone should do it like Iso and draw every single frame of their sequence.
E.T.A. for each episode: One year and a half (+ two years of additional retouches for the digital disc release). :-D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol

---

AmagamiChoco OVA
Bvb2GUCl.jpg

I didn't notice the first time I watched this, but I think this is Rihoko 2.0. People have bother updating the credits for the OVA on MAL though, but apparently the new characters are from the spinoff game. Which makes sense, since I had no idea who the characters were the first time I watched this thing... but I suppose they did this in order to promote the spinoff game without actually making a full anime for that game.

Also, and even though the characters look so awfully generic, I really wouldn't mind seeing another show with the Amagami designs. At least they're not *bad* in any way.

---

Dokidoki Precure 14
I know the easy thing to say is that it was better paced than Chihayafuru, but it really was. :p

Hunter x Hunter 78
This shit is just depressing :(. I don't remember if they went into this much detail on the subject in the manga, but goddamn is it heavy. And things are only going to get worse. This arc is so damn cruel.

Hunter x Hunter - 78

Bwahahahahahahahaha it was not wise watching this right after Attack on Titan. I should have known better, man this is more depressing than in the manga.

Well the hunter x hunter universe is that harsh.
A video game where you can die.
A assasin familly house being one of the top tourist spot in the world.
The hunter exam where lots and lots people are dying ...
And the list is quite long.

Hunter x hunter is a cool world but i surely wouldn't want to live within it.

cajunator

Banned
Attack on Titan 01

Finally got around to watching an episode of this. Production looks stellar and everything feels crazy and epic. Ending of the episode was super depressing ;_;
Not sure if I like it yet.

AmagamiChoco OVA
I didn't notice the first time I watched this, but I think this is Rihoko 2.0. People have bother updating the credits for the OVA on MAL though, but apparently the new characters are from the spinoff game. Which makes sense, since I had no idea who the characters were the first time I watched this thing... but I suppose they did this in order to promote the spinoff game without actually making a full anime for that game.

Also, and even though the characters look so awfully generic, I really wouldn't mind seeing another show with the Amagami designs. At least they're not *bad* in any way.
I was amused to find out those characters come from a VN called "I wanna say that I'm not your brother right now!" I guess those titles aren't just for LNs anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom