• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
I can already see
the blood flowing into the pool painting the water red.
wagon.jpg

Jubern

Damn, I was watching Iron Man on TV and switched the language to English as soon as it started... Reading the ending credits I realized that Fujiwara Keiji was doing Tony's voice and I'm kind of regretting not watching it like that lol

Articalys

Well, that happened.

My only real regret is that first the website name somehow got found out with about two hours to go, then the thumbnail picture was discovered with just minutes left. Would have liked it if we'd had no evidence right up to the reveal. Goddamn leaks ruin everything. Though to be fair this was the most logical outcome, even beforehand.

Anyway, as you'd expect, the official site is getting slaughtered by web traffic, but for now here's a quick rehosted image link to the background art and group photo.

Characters with glasses are always bad, and I say this as a person who been wearing glasses for most of my life.

Male characters with glasses are fine. It's females wearing glasses, of which about 70% are awful student council president types, that are the problem.

Defuser

Kyoani is gonna make a killing in the fujoshi market.

Bluray/DVD sales for an all boys anime plus it's swimming? Check.
Merchandise featuring those 5 guys? Check.
Character and Opening/Ending songs by their favourite males seiyuus? Double check.

Welcome to the future of all Bro-on animes flooding the market guys!

IT SAYS SUMMER IN THE POSTER.

There is no sakura in summer.

That's when the show airs. Club sports are year round over here, so the swimming team practices during spring break, through the summer, through winter and then the fall.

If the show starts off with the beginning of school, the sakura make plenty of sense.

Character and Opening/Ending songs by their favourite males seiyuus? Double check.

This didn't come in time to save us from another season of Chuu2.

jbug617

Banned

Sounds just like the Kuroko no Basket strategy.

I'm okay with a swimming anime.

I hope they engsub the bd's...

I don't think these things work that way. If anything, it would be a school where everyone was :DTL or :SDBurton and I don't think anyone can handle such omnipandering.

A sports show where a team of :SDBurton competes with team :DTL. Two labyrinthine sets of same-sex relationships facing against each other.

sleepykyo

Glasses dude is best dude

Glasses dude is always the best. Thankfully Kuronoko had 3. Curiously enough, all 3 had a sharp tongue on the court. Well, green hair, generation of miracles always had a sharp tongue while.

Haha, swimming anime. KyoAni gettin' that fujoshi yen.

Fujoshi have given Yuruyuri, Kuronoko's Basketball, and Natsume's Book of Friends. KyoAni plus fujoshi should be fine.

Articalys

I guess if you had to make a comparison to existing shows, it would be something like... Kimi to Boku meets Kuroko's Basketball?

Kagami

So the swimming anime is happening? Awesome! Hopefully they have an episode dedicated to shaving off everyone's body hair.

That would be amazing.
It could also be a mini-game if they make a video game based on this series.
Similar that DS game where you use the stylus to massage men

Shergal

Apparently a major concern for the Kyoani swimming anime is the depiction and animation of water. I hear there will even be a water animation director and all!
This is getting better and better.

cajunator

Banned
I passed out on my keyboard around 7:45 am and awoke to 4 new pages . I looked out of curiosity what the hell was going on and...

Yup. I figured this was it.
Not going to watch it, but a lot of people will surely enjoy it.

Pretty much , except when a show is not enjoyable...
You have to choose your drugs carefully.

I don't want to do that but
i'm willing to bet that will be DTL AOTY

I choose my drugs very carefully. Very carefully indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom