• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shergal

I'm all in for upperbodies if they look as good as the ones in Hyouka episode 7 (which was, incidentally, directed by Hiroko Utsumi).

Tenumi

Banned
I've been meaning to play one because I assume it's like playing an anime, even with all of my favorite seiyuu.

Is it bad that I actually want to buy a PS3 for Neptunia? I don't care if they aren't the greatest games, something about them makes me want to experience them.

In anime news, I'm looking at a Eureka 7 marathon this weekend. I'm 33 episodes in, and aiming to have it done by early next week. Should be fun.

cajunator

Banned
Is it bad that I actually want to buy a PS3 for Neptunia? I don't care if they aren't the greatest games, something about them makes me want to experience them.

In anime news, I'm looking at a Eureka 7 marathon this weekend. I'm 33 episodes in, and aiming to have it done by early next week. Should be fun.

E7 has Renton in it and I was so repulsed by how stupid he is that it makes it difficult to enjoy the show. I didnt expect to hate him so much so quickly.
I will try again in the future because I do own the show so I might as well try to watch it.

Ive watched videos. I have neither the time nor patience to play RPGs.
Its unfortunate. Video is sufficient though. There should be an Atelier anime. I would TOTALLY watch that!

An anime would be an amazing thing. Mel Kishida designs can be adapted pretty well so maybe one day.

7Th

@Jewelpet Sunshine 1

-Making fun of the mascots at every single chance they get
OTqIbOu.jpg

PprvCKN.jpg

wwP0QNc.jpg

qtpvgYd.jpg
-Main girl being a huge bitch at every single chance she gets
-Mascots are GENUINELY MEAN
-Everyone is hyper-violent
-Obvious otaku-driven designs

Yep, this is the weirdest show for little girls of them all. I need more.

cajunator

Banned

Its not bad to buy a Ps3 or even for one game. I did that.

An anime would be an amazing thing. Mel Kishida designs can be adapted pretty well so maybe one day.

The character designs are very pleasant to look at. Hopefully it would be true to his art style.
Lots of pastels and soft lines and such. Beautiful stuff.

Tenumi

Banned
Then you can start on Eureka Seven AO...

LOL

Sad thing is, I'm debating whether or not to watch it. Part of me is curious to see what all the complaints are about, and the other is saying to not fall into that trap.

Eh, considering I'm also considering watching Guilty Crown...

cajunator

Banned
@Jewelpet Sunshine 1

-Making fun of the mascots at every single chance they get

-Main girl being a huge bitch at every single chance she gets

-Mascots are GENUINELY MEAN

-Everyone is hyper-violent

-Obvious otaku-driven designs

Yep, this is the weirdest show for little girls of them all. I need more.

Ok You sold me. This looks like it parodies the hell out of mahou shoujo, and I enjoy that kind of show (punie-chan)

Sad thing is, I'm debating whether or not to watch it. Part of me is curious to see what all the complaints are about, and the other is saying to not fall into that trap.

Do you like Chiaki Omigawa? Do you like Elena Peoples' design or the idea of an otaku pilot? I said hell yes to these but if you don't, you probably wont enjoy E7AO.

cajunator

Banned
So, KyoAni is doing a cute boys doing cute things anime? Fair enough.

It is. Dont know why people are up in arms about it. Well I know WHY some are, but there is a market for this and Kyo-ani wasnt making enough bank just pandering to the yuri lovers and regular otaku.

It is. Dont know why people are up in arms about it. Well I know WHY some are, but there is a market for this and Kyo-ani wasnt making enough bank just pandering to the yuri lovers and regular otaku.

Balance. We've had lots of cute girls doing cute things, it's only fair for some cute boys to do some cute things.

Ultimadrago

As Nichijou brethren, I warn you to watch neither.

As an AnimeGAF regular, I am curious for you to watch both (in memory of the delicious reactions that accompanied both series).

As a middle ground, you could just watch the OVA of Eureka Seven AO. All that series is good for, really.

Guilty Crown is as awesome as Valvrave is this season. That is to say, I think both are top 5 anime, so definitely check it out. I liked Guilty crown and it has pretty awesome music.

cajunator

Banned
My computer clearly isnt cutting it anymore. I tried to play that Guilty Crown music on youtube while having this thread open and my computer had a shit fit and crashed. Its time to upgrade seriously. entertainment shall not be denied by lack of resources.

cajunator

Banned
Gargantia 03

A lot of controversy surrounding this episode. I can definitely see both sides of the argument, but I still side with the people of Gargantia. Ledo was doing what he was clearly trained to do as a soldier, but this was a more complicated case than just black and white, good and evil. The human cost is what made the Gargantians angry, even if the pirates are enemies. No doubt they feel more solidarity with a foe of like origin than a completely alien being they cannot understand.
Oh and Amy is still fucking adorable. Team Amy always and forever.

My computer clearly isnt cutting it anymore. I tried to play that Guilty Crown music on youtube while having this thread open and my computer had a shit fit and crashed. Its time to upgrade seriously. entertainment shall not be denied by lack of resources.

I dunno, Flash is a old bugger, prone to crashes (especially on Chrome, for some reason). I would go back to Firefox had it not wiped my stuff in a crash.

cajunator

Banned
I dunno, Flash is a old bugger, prone to crashes (especially on Chrome, for some reason). I would go back to Firefox had it not wiped my stuff in a crash.

I've resorted to temporarily using IE. thats how desperate I am to keep my computer running for now. Chrome is just way too resource hungry. For older computers, its horrible. This computer has 2 GB of ram which used to be sufficient. It is prohibitive to enjoying Cute properly.

Defuser

I've resorted to temporarily using IE. thats how desperate I am to keep my computer running for now. Chrome is just way too resource hungry. For older computers, its horrible. This computer has 2 GB of ram which used to be sufficient. It is prohibitive to enjoying Cute properly.

2gb hah! 8gb or bust!

cajunator

Banned
2gb hah! 8gb or bust!

I plan on that.
Some gaffers have been helping me compile a list of parts for a new computer but I want something that will be future compatible too but not necessarily a gaming computer spec. Just something powerful that I can iopen up a ton of things at once and it wont even flinch.

One thing I don't believe has been mentioned here yet is that Free! is based on a novel that got an honorable mention in the Kyoto Animation Award contest, in this case High Speed! by Koji Oji back in 2011. Between this, Chuunibyou, and Kyoukai no Kanata, KyoAni has really been mining material from there.

cajunator

Banned
Arjuna is on the delivery truck this morning :D

Soon I will be learning from the mountain. I seriously have no idea what to expect but I will be sure to post impressions here because I love you crazy bastards.

Youtube is using HTML5 based players ( not flash since ..a while )..i dunno exactly how to force it but you could enjoy youtube without a dip in performance that way.

One thing I don't believe has been mentioned here yet is that Free! is based on a novel that got an honorable mention in the Kyoto Animation Award contest, in this case High Speed! by Koji Oji back in 2011. Between this, Chuunibyou, and Kyoukai no Kanata, KyoAni has really been mining material from there.

Well now to see the next award nominee to see what project they will do next season.

Arjuna is on the delivery truck this morning :D

Soon I will be learning from the mountain. I seriously have no idea what to expect but I will be sure to post impressions here because I love you crazy bastards.

AH AH AH AH

Enjoy your life in society while you can cajun !

Steroyd

I plan on that.
Some gaffers have been helping me compile a list of parts for a new computer but I want something that will be future compatible too but not necessarily a gaming computer spec. Just something powerful that I can iopen up a ton of things at once and it wont even flinch.

If you're not using the PC for gaming, the only thing you ever really need is ram, ram and more ram.

One Outs

This show is so interesting even though I didn't know anything about baseball prior to watching the show, its very informative and explains the rules and different type of balls, not that they matter to educate the viewers but rather used to explain Tokuchi taking advantage of it for his master plan to outwit the opponent!

cajunator

Banned
One Outs

This show is so interesting even though I didn't know anything about baseball prior to watching the show, its very informative and explains the rules and different type of balls, not that they matter to educate the viewers but rather used to explain Tokuchi taking advantage of it for his master plan to outwit the opponent!

Thats's a bit more detailed than Taisho Baseball Girls was, although TBG was actually fairly informative about a sport that I have no real liking for. Certainly it was interesting enough to complete the series.

Well that kills some hype considering how bad Chuu2 turned out. This is the same award where they haven't picked a "winner" for the past few years right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom