• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but that's 26 episodes you could use on watching JoJo's TV or something, or Madoka twice. Or Nadiesco or any number of two-fer's that are better than the not
Galexia
part of Sailor Stars

Waiting for Stardust Crusaders. Waiting movie 3. Nadiesco wat?
sorry

Edit: Oh fuck, top of the page.

Gargantia - 05

It was nice.

CorvoSol

Azumanga Daioh 23

The last sports fest and I sometimes think that Kaorin exists solely to give voice to the thoughts boys have 'bout dat Sakaki. Hmmmmmmmmnnng. Best part was after all Sakaki had done to get the team back into first, Yukari lands them in last place by TACKLING Minamo. Osaka's BRE EA CON! BRE!EA!CON! was hilarious, too.

Oh man the end of the series is coming. I'm gonna cry, I'm gonna cry. Something about this damn series hits too close to home for me.

I don't know any official things saying so, but according to pixiv it's Yuno's birthday!

oU7G1vl.jpg

Happy birthday Yunocchi!

Jarmel

Banned
Yozakura Quartet 4

I can't take any of this show anymore. I've never watched such a show that goes from not taking itself seriously to taking itself way too seriously so god damn abruptly. Mostly everything else, especially the music is just bad.

That was one of the first shows I've hatewatched and the level of rage near the end was glorious.

cajunator

Banned
Your love of cat girls is something else.

My love for catgirls is well documented and remarkable. Even bad characters can be wonderful with the simple feline additions. I dontl ike Azunyan that much but her little cat ears are wonder-

I don't know any official things saying so, but according to pixiv it's Yuno's birthday!

Happy birthday Yunocchi!

$^%^&^*&(^&&%^%^%%##$@#%$#%#$%
3%#$^$%*&((^&8
56&56*^*%*^%&$%^$^%&%&%&&^&&^&^ ^%$&^&* ^&^*^&%^7
7879)()(__(_(_()_**^$%#$#%&(>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Soul Eater 2 Dub

Black Star is annoying, his partner Tsubaki is awesome. Also I just realized this is one of the few shonen fight mangas I can think of where the lead character is female. Yes Maka's partner Soul Eater is the title character but Maka is the main fighter using Soul Eater it's a bit refreshing.

7Th

Soul Eater 2 Dub

Black Star is annoying, his partner Tsubaki is awesome. Also I just realized this is one of the few shonen fight mangas I can think of where the lead character is female. Yes Maka's partner Soul Eater is the title character but Maka is the main fighter using Soul Eater it's a bit refreshing.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?category=Male+Demographic+with+Female+Lead&orderby=rating

MangaUpdates ultra-specific tags are pretty interesting.

I may be reading this completely wrong but
the lenses make different sounds according to the amount of materials in it, so they picked the one that sounded most like the original. I don't believe it has anything else to do with sound

Oh no you've got it right.
They did need it to determine a matching composition of glass but man when I posted it it seemed like such a good explanation to why it plays music! BAH, there goes that theory

Sound of the Sky 5

This show keeps me guessing, I expected this episode to be about Kanata hanging out with Filicia since the past 3 episodes had her getting to know each of the 3 other girls but nope, can't get predictable now can we? This episode did showcase how well they can handle chaning moods by opening with an intense
practice mission
followed by a light hearted excursion with great comedic timing. Only thing I'm confused about is
when they carved their names into the third building did they show the names next to it in Japanese as a convenience to the audience or were those names of different girls entirely? Because I'm pretty sure none of them know how to write in Japanese.

Happy birthday Yunocchi!

Born on Cinco de Mayo? I can't imagine Yuno drinking tequilas. XD

Idolmaster 13
Typhoon are really the ennemy of schedules in general.And what was supposed to be a fun and exciting moment for everyone quickly become a battle.. a decisive battle, even !

But first :

The%20iDOLM%40STER%20-%2013.jpg

Google translate couldn't do it.

WHAT ?
Don't get me wrong im ok for all form of communication except this one.
Was that meant to be a "rebus" ? A level - 7 CIA code ?
Communication between species ?
No wonder those 2 are in the bottom of my like-list... This shouldn't be allowed ! it's evil.
Emoticon/smiley language is bad.

--------
Now on the episode itself:

This episode was full of teamwork , full of nice songs , and nicely animated..
But it gave everyone a nice time to shine.
The episode was instresting because i see it as a nice pay - off for the first 12 episode before it ..and i hope they will follow on this for the next 13 episodes :)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

jgminto

Attack on Titan 5

So the titans die if you cut their neck from behind, but if you fire a cannonball at their face and it goes all the way through thus severing the back of their neck (i.e their weak spot) they survive. That's stupid, that's beyond stupid, that's beyond SAO levels of stupid. Also who thought Moe Ti-tan was a good idea? Also this show is so sexist. Female titans eat females and male titans eat males.
I think they can still be killed by cannons. It's just that aiming them is a bitch.
You just gave me an idea.

g8fAAU3.png

Terrifying.

Soul Eater 2 Dub

If only Psyren could have lasted to get an anime.

Black☆Star is the best, best skills, personality, everything.

CorvoSol

Betterman 15

So a LOT of technobabble in this episode. Like, seriously felt like 10th grade bio class again with its talk of cells and telomeres and stuff. Meanwhile, Keita and Hinoki go on that date, and I can't decide which of the two would really be a worse date. Hinoki is best described as dead, barely responding to anything and not looking up from her feet the entire time. I can't stand unresponsive girls, so that'd be a no go for me. Keita, on the other hand, is like a dog in heat, and can barely keep his pants on. Points for enthusiasm, but he kinda comes off as a creep at times, and I don't think anybody would enjoy that.

Soma

Y'know.

I think I might set aside some time today to watch some Hidamari Sketch as I've only watched the first episode.

Cardcaptor Sakura 13

Kawaii Power! And Li cheated to help Sakura win. Oh well, he is gullible at least.

Cardcaptor Sakura 14

Jesus christ, that height. It's terrifying! SCHOOL PLAYS AT A HIGHSCHOOL! But not before Yukito flaunts his harem of little kids.

I like how the only female of that play was the Prince. But it's really setting up the male bonding up quite nicely. Sakura gains more in the rival battle of love, leaving Li disappointed that he couldn't dance. If you were older Li, there would be a change.

I mean that they have a tag to let people find shounen/seinen manga with female protagonists.

Gotcha will remember that for later

Soul Eater 3 Dub

Death the Kid and his partners are really funny, I also didn't realize how much fan service this series was going to have. Bondage and boob feeling in episode 3, both Soul and Black Star got to see tits in their episodes too.

Arakawa Under the Bridge S2 1

This is one hell of a first episode, it made me realize how much I missed this show. All of these characters are ridiclous goofballs who are hilarious and I love them for it. Looking forward to that Kobayashi Amazoness.

Gargantia 5

Alla dat fan service!

Oreimo S2 5

An entire episode based around "JUST FUCK ALREADY!". They've got pandering down to a science.

CorvoSol

The Vision of Escaflowne 14

Oh dude, so there was some crazy repairs and stuff going on, as well as a Mermaid Problem, and some more complicated romance because girls like that or stuff but what matters most about this episode was that the Escaflowne completely RUINED Dulandau's unit. Just SLAUGHTERED them. Ten to one and it was an unfair fight in the one's favor. Oh man it was so damn cool. Then a little blood got spilled in the cockpit and, well, whatever.

Dulandau ran like a baby, which makes sense because Escaflowne just tore the HELL out of his subords.

jgminto

Gargantia 5

That was alright. It was cool to see the workings of the other parts of the colony. Fanservice didn't do anything for me and I definitely don't like Amy's friends so I was pretty meh on the party section. I did enjoy Chamber's questioning though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom