• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Another UK market sales update from Anime Limited:

http://www.alltheanime.com/topsellers-april/

Notes from company president Andrew Partridge:
- the overall top 10 best-selling titles for April all sold between 300 and 1050 copies each, which is about average for a regular month
- the top 10 best-selling new releases for April all sold between 100 and 800 copies each

Ultimadrago

iori238eaxgc.jpg

All that matters.

cajunator

Banned
The Vision of Escaflowne 14

Oh dude, so there was some crazy repairs and stuff going on, as well as a Mermaid Problem, and some more complicated romance because girls like that or stuff but what matters most about this episode was that the Escaflowne completely RUINED Dulandau's unit. Just SLAUGHTERED them. Ten to one and it was an unfair fight in the one's favor. Oh man it was so damn cool. Then a little blood got spilled in the cockpit and, well, whatever.

Dulandau ran like a baby, which makes sense because Escaflowne just tore the HELL out of his subords.

I marathoned straight through that series the multiple times I watched it. Just couldnt stop until I finished it.

Idolmaster 14
New opening ??
Anyway....Are those puchimas ?

Scary the namco bandai PR ..years before they make a puchimas anime they already started their invasion in the regular show !! Scary !!

-----
So the main plot of the game follows... in a way i wasn't expecting to.

ARGH JUPITER ..no matter how many appeal i make in the game you're riggued to finish first during "that" event !
That's already one reason to dislike you , but then again you're all Guys !
That's a second reason to dislike you !

I mean ... seriously ??Anyway i'm actually intrested how they will adapt the game plot in anime and how they will do it. because so far that's a pretty nice adaptation.
They rewrote 90% of the events into new things while keeping the "true" stuff ( the story )
SO i guess we're in for 20 week of game time for this part.

BUt woah i wonder how many new singles they outputted during the first run of the idolmaster anime....knowing them it must have been a lot ....
That new opening is cool but i like the first more

- the overall top 10 best-selling titles for April all sold between 300 and 1050 copies each, which is about average for a regular month
- the top 10 best-selling new releases for April all sold between 100 and 800 copies each

Just 100 people need to buy a series to be bestselling? UK :(

BluWacky

I nearly picked up King Of Thorn the other day, but at £25 in store there was no way I was doing that. And of course, the US BD is only £10! Stupid anime pricing...

Soul Eater 4 Dub

So Maka and Soul are in the remedial class because even though they've obtained 100 souls they lost them all due to eating a cat's soul instead of a witch's soul? Death is such a troll. Black Star continues to be the most inconsistent character in the series most moments he's an awful idiot then randomly he's a complete bad ass.

Y'know.

I think I might set aside some time today to watch some Hidamari Sketch as I've only watched the first episode.

Thirding this, but by now you're probably already watching it right? RIGHT?!

Sound of the Sky 6

Holy shit this episode is freaking amazing. It's no Pulp Fiction but it handled multiple plot threads brilliantly.
The whole bootleg alcohol operation was a stroke of genius, and Naomi was in on it as well?! And everyone in gangster costumes!
SO GOOD!
26hTxwl.jpg
rLOvdgD.jpg

I just love that line out of context, also check out the face and arms on her bag!

cajunator

Banned
Thirding this, but by now you're probably already watching it right? RIGHT?!

Sound of the Sky 6

Holy shit this episode is freaking amazing. It's no Pulp Fiction but it handled multiple plot threads brilliantly.
The whole bootleg alcohol operation was a stroke of genius, and Naomi was in on it as well?! And everyone in gangster costumes!
SO GOOD!

What do you think of Moel?

CorvoSol

I marathoned straight through that series the multiple times I watched it. Just couldnt stop until I finished it.

It's good, but I can't marathon anything.

Code Geass 11

All in all not bad. Definitely like Suzaku more than Lelouch, even with the implication that he murdered Lelouch's mom. Mostly because I prefer Suzaku's "I'll go and do this" touch as opposed to Lelouch's sitting back and letting others do it for him. Granted, Suzaku is more of a soldier and Lelouch more of a tactician, but still. I hope they don't plan on dragging out this Cornelia thing for much longer, though.

Idolmaster 15
Excellent episode

It was funny, light hearted ..but full of nice moments , with some great jokes.

Ami & mami clearly won some points in my heart and their parody was magnificent.

But did they use the anime to put the dlc outflit packs at 1200¥
( several different ones ) in a good light ?

Again ,never underestimate namco bandai PR lol ( no wonder those sold so well )

Oreimo s2 5

This really has gone into full pandering mode. Gone are the days of a brother and sister awkwardly trying to mend their broken relationship.

Articalys

So here's a few numbers on how the Infinite Stratos novel relaunch is working out saleswise so far, from last week's LN sales charts.
*2, 53,581 *,*53,581 IS: Infinite Stratos Vol.8
*3, 29,803 *,*29,803 IS: Infinite Stratos Vol.8 Special Edition
*7, 18,804 *,*18,804 IS: Infinite Stratos Vol.1 New Edition
*8, 17,686 *,*17,686 IS: Infinite Stratos Vol.2 New Edition
For comparison, the week that IS vol.7 came out back in 2011:
*1, 101,356 *,101,356 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.7
Thought to be fair, that was just after the anime had finished airing -- and if the novels hadn't abruptly gone on hiatus right afterward, I'd bet it would have kept higher numbers for a bit longer.

A better comparison would be to volume 6, a couple weeks before the anime started:
*3, 37,310 *,*37,310 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.6

Soul Eater 5 Dub

And it was all a test ho ho ho Death is such a funny guy. Also Death the Kid will now become a student at the academy and we'll finally have our main cast all meet each other.

Dennis

Banned
What are some good animes lately?
haven't watched anything since Robotics;Notes ended.

The four good current ones are:

1) Aku no Hana
2) Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)
3) Suisei no Gargantia
4) Oreimo 2

No one outside of this thread have even heard of the others.

Idolmaster 16
The%20iDOLM%40STER%20-%2016.jpg

Must .... resist ...... obvious ..... joke
This was a nice filler.

The star however of this episode was without a doubt hamzo , that realised something that nobody before him could do .... a hamster slap.

Impressive achievement!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nyaruko 5

T7nqS0el.jpg

This must be the week of
fake crazy lesbians
. At least when you use
finger sex
to describe this episode, it's literal.

I swear, it's like the pandering has gotten to a boiling point this season.

It shows you just how important Hibiki was(n't) when her focus episode can safely be classified as "filler". :lol

=/

Well it's the case for everyone actually.
If they follow the game plot i expect nothing but filler untill
Jupiter learn of kuroi schemes and decide to quit

Episode 15 was also a nice filler But those episodes are actually showing everyone in a nice light and that's all i want really.

Filler but good filler .. that's the real point of the anime really ( since they use those filler to use AGAIN dlc outflits they sell so high on the marketplace/psn )

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aku no Hana 5

Still the best show this season. The part where she is
literally an angel
got a nice chuckle out of me.

Mr.Jeff

Yuyushiki - 01
I wasn't going to pick this up since something about the purple haired girls eyes weirded me out but after seeing a small but significant amount of praise I figured why note. Wasn't entirely sure in the first half of the episode but the section with the S&M quiz was great.

Yellow >>>>>Pink=Purple

jbug617

Banned
Yuyushiki - 01
I wasn't going to pick this up since something about the purple haired girls eyes weirded me out but after seeing a small but significant amount of praise I figured why note. Wasn't entirely sure in the first half of the episode but the section with the S&M quiz was great.

Yellow >>>>>Pink=Purple

I really like Yuyushiki. It was my surprise this season because I didn't think it would be good.

Pink is the best though.

Instro

So here's a few numbers on how the Infinite Stratos novel relaunch is working out saleswise so far, from last week's LN sales charts.

For comparison, the week that IS vol.7 came out back in 2011:

Thought to be fair, that was just after the anime had finished airing -- and if the novels hadn't abruptly gone on hiatus right afterward, I'd bet it would have kept higher numbers for a bit longer.

A better comparison would be to volume 6, a couple weeks before the anime started:

Season 2 of the anime will be so exciting. AnimeGAF will unite as one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom