• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Laura Bailey yo
vZCPPKK.gif

It's a TOUGH choice though

Tenumi

Banned
Gargantia: 04, 05

Neat to see Ledo slowly picking up on the language. Plot feels farely slow for a 12 episode series, but its interesting none-the-less.

Also, Fanservice!

Andrew J.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 3-26 END

This was more densely packed with itsraining.jpg moments than any other anime I've ever seen. Many tears, I am drowning in them.

I'm not the only one who thinks Speedwagon was completely :dtl for the male Joestar line, or at least Jonathan, am I?

The musical theme naming started out ridiculous and just ramped up from there. It's worse than Bastard! in that regard.

Overall, this show was great, stupid fun, and proof that even highly limited animation can be engaging with good direction and acting. Now, I have two questions:

1. Should I wait for the David Production adaptation of Stardust Crusaders to come out, or try the old OVA series right now?

2. Is there a way to get "Roundabout" out of my head?

Suite Precure 21

Shit happens. The episode.

Mephisto can make minions from his beard, that's cool.

Hummy's power of friendship and battery has set Siren loose, and thus she became a Cure, and prevented the Melody of Sorrow from being sung. She runs away though after saving Hummy

There was animation, and a rare moneyshot attack with no stock footage!

laura bailey's only good role was michel in glass fleet

I liked Bailey as Kaine in Nier.

1. Should I wait for the David Production adaptation of Stardust Crusaders to come out, or try the old OVA series right now?

David Production won't have Satoshi Kon or Mitsuo Iso, so you should definitely check out the OVAs.

2. Is there a way to get "Roundabout" out of my head?

I'm afraid not.

Jarmel

Banned
G Gundam 21-

Now that I think about it, the action really hasn't been that interesting either from a choreography standpoint or an insanity standpoint either. Domon stopping a Gundam blade with that dull blade was hilarious though. The Gundam scenes are kinda boring.

Narag

G Gundam 21-

Now that I think about it, the action really hasn't been that interesting either from a choreography standpoint or an insanity standpoint either. Domon stopping a Gundam blade with that dull blade was hilarious though. The Gundam scenes are kinda boring.

You're almost to the midpoint where a lot of things change for the better.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The truth is that Mitsuo Iso has been hand-drawing all of Eva 4.0 ever since he finished Dennou Coil. Every single frame. That's why it's taken him six years.

The CGI preview at the end of 3.0 is just a red herring by Anno.

g40YVRw.gif

Episodes 79-91

Chopper is so fucking awesome. Knew the instant he was scared of Nami that I would end up liking him. And dammit, his backstory was so messed up. Rejected by other reindeer cause of his blue nose (cooler than Rudolph), considered a monster by humans after eating a Devil Fruit. And despite his determination to save Hiriluk's life, he unknowingly almost killed him. I guess it's a good thing that despite Luffy being a real airhead, he thought Chopper was still cool cause of what he was and considered him a friend. I think Chopper will be a welcoming addition to the crew.

As for Wapol, can't decide who I hate more: him or Arlong. Both are giant assholes....well Wapol was a fat, disgusting asshole but you get the idea. Both have laughs I can't possibly stand. Arlong killed Bellemere, Wapol don't give a flying fuck about the residents of Drum Island going as far as keeping almost all the doctors to himself and having the people beg for mercy to get medical treatment. At least Arlong was a real pirate, unlike that fat slob. Guess I can hate both of them equally.

And I guess I was wrong about it taking at least 20 episodes for the crew to get to Alabasta. What a relief. Now the crew can take care of Mr. Zero, along with the other Baroque Works agents. And there's still the matter of Captain Smoker and female swords-woman heading to Alabasta as well. And that Ace guy....wonder how Luffy and him know each other. Childhood friends? Relatives? Hopefully that will be answered before I hit the halfway mark of my marathon.

Izayoi

Banned
Plastic Little - A+ waifu lead, A+ titty jiggling. I guess the animation was pretty good too.

PopChaser - That first scene was pretty fucking hot, not going to lie. Too bad yuri this hot is confined to old hentai. ;_;

Narisu Scramble - lol, true comedy

jbug617

Banned
Episodes 79-91

Chopper is so fucking awesome. Knew the instant he was scared of Nami that I would end up liking him. And dammit, his backstory was so messed up. Rejected by other reindeer cause of his blue nose (cooler than Rudolph), considered a monster by humans after eating a Devil Fruit. And despite his determination to save Hiriluk's life, he unknowingly almost killed him. I guess it's a good thing that despite Luffy being a real airhead, he thought Chopper was still cool cause of what he was and considered him a friend. I think Chopper will be a welcoming addition to the crew.

As for Wapol, can't decide who I hate more: him or Arlong. Both are giant assholes....well Wapol was a fat, disgusting asshole but you get the idea. Both have laughs I can't possibly stand. Arlong killed Bellemere, Wapol don't give a flying fuck about the residents of Drum Island going as far as keeping almost all the doctors to himself and having the people beg for mercy to get medical treatment. At least Arlong was a real pirate, unlike that fat slob. Guess I can hate both of them equally.

And I guess I was wrong about it taking at least 20 episodes for the crew to get to Alabasta. What a relief. Now the crew can take care of Mr. Zero, along with the other Baroque Works agents. And there's still the matter of Captain Smoker and female swords-woman heading to Alabasta as well. And that Ace guy....wonder how Luffy and him know each other. Childhood friends? Relatives? Hopefully that will be answered before I hit the halfway mark of my marathon.

When I first started to watch One Piece,
Chopper's Arc was probably my favorite. It had a little bit of everything and it didn't drag on that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom