• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Attack on Titan 5

Colossal Titan be trolling.

ibnUG6zabAsGRN.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Attack On Titan] 05

This show looked so good in the first episode. Then awful CGI backgrounds, moé titans, and tons of stills happened. :( :( :(

I will give them, however, that the atmosphere and overall mood was top-notch. Kinda hard to get
shocked when the entire fucking internet hinted at this for so long
. This is the new Half-Blood Prince.

BUt i told you 4 month ago to play the games , sdburton ..
The games are EVEN better !
This oav is great but i'm telling you it ain't anything on what's happening in the games .

DO IT . Play the games ! And prepare a way to survive the amount of :sdburton you'll receive

These are just yuri nukige right?

Narag

[Attack On Titan] 05

I will give them, however, that the atmosphere and overall mood was top-notch. Kinda hard to get

Oh it got me despite the chatter in here. I was bored most of the ep until stuff happened as they did. :lol

OceanBlue

Oh it got me despite the chatter in here. I was bored most of the ep until stuff happened as they did. :lol

I must have skimmed past all of the talk about AoT because I didn't have any indications at all. Maybe people started talking about it after the episode aired, because I stopped reading the thread after that. I don't even browse the AoT thread anymore either, lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This thread was pretty okay for the most part. Somebody spoiled the titans' weak point earlier today but that wasn't that big of a deal. I'm talking mostly about the rest of the interwebz.

Shit hasn't gotten real yet!

At this point with the show that could mean anything, sudden magical girls, aliens, zombies, ANYTHING!

Sound of the Sky 8

Now this is the comedy I like to see from this show, sure it's just a bottle episode but it's relatively well done one. I guess they did mention that
Kanata found out the secret
but left it mysterious so I can see why the BD special would've been worth anticipating, too bad the execution felt lacking. Interesting revelation that
Rio is related to the princess amazing grace which semi explains the disdain for her father.
Nice thing is that it didn't feel out of nowhere with at least a hint that there was something about her. And I assume
the priest found out based on the name she wrote on her Obon festival boat

These are just yuri nukige right?

Yuri , yes

Nukige is a strong world.
Even without the hentai the stories are nice, very nice even.
That's why the webstories are popular too...It works because the casting is very high level despite following some classic anime trends.

So no they aren't just nukige.They are perfectly enjoyable even without "that".
----
Idolmaster 19
SO it's time for an episode with the best girl AKA takane.I never play without her in one of my group...she is that great IMO.

And so we finally arrive to the part they have been hinted since long ago , chihaya !
Will they manage to do a great job for her episode ? i sure hope so.

Narag

Sparrow’s Hotel 4

Uh, I guess one positive is the OP reminds me of old school Media Blaster’s traielrs which in turn were generally just the OP of a show...

Muromi 5

I believe Chet storyboarded this ep. More hit or miss humor and nice animation. For what its worth, the show has been remarkably consistent in its inconsistency which is kinda nice. I know what I’m getting each week at this point and I’m fine with it.

Oreimo S2 5

As much as I want to be all kirinowedding.jpg/itshappening.gif, this is losing me without the otaku shaming humor. Brief Kuroneko/Kirino bonding moment was really nice though.

Majestic Prince 5

Best ep since the first. Team dynamic of the Rabbits was much much better at the end and the show felt much more balanced with the addition of Team Doberman this ep. Laughed pretty hard at the group tape viewing too which is rare for me with these shows. Kinda hope it slowly transitions from goofy to serious as there were some good serious moments shining through this ep.

Valvrave 4

Yeah, that’s more like it. Unpredictability felt more natural and I had genuine surprises in this ep. I’d like both this and Majestic Prince to both pick up as each had a great episode after its first with some middling content in-between.

Gargantia 5

Lovely, lovely ep. Show evokes a weird Ghibli nostalgia from me with an ep like this. Maybe because of the Nausicaa vibe I get from Amy. Brief cuts to the doctor & two kids lounging about were a really nice touch.

Hyouge Mono 4

hFHyLKPl.png

Show continues to deliver in reaction faces.

In this ep, merchants judge the generals’ attire as Nobunaga marches his forces into Edo and Sasuke realizes his own ceiling, knowing no matter how faithfully he serves, he’ll never surpas Nobunaga’s boorish kin. Speaking of which, Nobunaga is just wonderfully eccentric in this.
Ep kinda dragged though.

Attack on Titan 5

Wasn’t feeling this until the ending encounter. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa next week needs to get here.

I keep thinking the eyecatches are there to help fill out a fan wikia too. :lol

Agatha Christie's Great Detectives Poirot and Marple 2

Marple introduced briefly but mostly Poirot doing his thing and being such a boss about it. I kinda like Maybelle as the MC too. She’s mostly a vehicle for the viewer to the mysteries thus far (two eps in) but she’s off to a nice start as the right kind of female protagonist.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sound of the Sky 7.5

I understand this was a BD special but I wonder why it was set at 7.5 and not 6.5, just seemed extra jarring after what happened last episode to have something so lighthearted and cheesy. Just like a lot of specials there was a sort of pandering and this time it was to :SDBurton: fans which is fine but outside of that this episode felt a bit weak. It resolved
whether Kanata found out about the distillery
which I guess never happened in the series proper? Being cheesy and over dramatic must've been fun for the VAs but the same gag over and over wore a little thin which is a shame because this show did manage a little comedy here and there rather well.
You'll see when you get to episode 8.

I tried watching that once, but abandoned it before the end of the first episode... never have gone back.
Boo you. :p

Instro

[Attack On Titan] 05

This show looked so good in the first episode. Then awful CGI backgrounds, moé titans, and tons of stills happened. :( :( :(

Sucker, I've avoided most discussion about the show.

Izayoi

Banned
Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo (OVA)

GgNc27m.png

The purest form of love, right before our eyes. So heavenly.
Without a doubt, far too pure for me.

I don't think I could fap to this, the purity is off the charts.

That's a fucking lie, btw. If I wasn't at work I'd be fapping to it right now.

Articalys

First there was Anohana the TV series, and soon there will be Anohana the movie, but for now there is Anohana the hiking trail.
As part of its annual “Free Hiking” series of themed hikes, the Chichibu Railway company of Saitama, Japan has announced a new series of hikes based on the anime series anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day. Hikers on the courses will stop by 34 different sacred sites. Anohana's story was set in around the Chichibu area of Saitama, and while it was broadcasting, many fans went to the real-life city to visit the sacred sites.

The hiking courses are beginner-friendly, winding around seven small hills in the area. Each course costs 160 yen (US$1.60), and participants who finish a course receive a badge. The badges can be affixed to a tapestry, which is completed when all 7 badges are attached. Both the entrance tickets and the badges have illustrations of characters from the anime.

After hearing about how similar it was to MLA, I think Titan lost the ability to surprise me, I've been expecting the worst to happen. And these weak
chomps
aren't getting me after the real thing.

jgminto

Attack on Titan 5

Man that was pretty great. The initial moment with the Colossal Titan was fantastic, really oppressive vibe. The regular titans seem like much more of a threat then their lumbering first impressions gave off.
Killing off most of the recruits and potentially killing off Eren was amazing, I was genuinely shocked. I was expecting them to be decimated, but Eren going down like that was something, especially after all his speeches. I'm expecting Eren will return somehow but this show has surprised me once already. If he doesn't return I guess it will transition to Mikasa, face it DTL, she's the second main character.
Ridiculous moe titan and terrible CG, which didn't look too bad at extreme motion, were pretty bad but I can't wait to see where this goes.

Attack on Titan Episode 5 – First Battle - Battle of Trost (1)

I was all hyped for this episode and somehow ended up more hyped even while waiting for the delayed episode to appear on Crunchyroll, then to see it as it started with all awesome and epic motivated Eren, even inspiring Jean (more moments of these two please), some Connie and even newcomer Thomas, I was excited to see this Battle of Trost go down. Unfortunately the anime is still lead by an extremely questionable writing direction with a writer who seems to just want to make this one of the most awful stories to ever be animated.
First why introduce us to Thomas and have him with Eren making him all happy and then give us a good scene with Armin too, only to have them all watch Thomas be devoured like that. It came out of nowhere and caused me to hurt cause I had even got attached to him, expecting him to be like a happy version of Jean :( And then after that, I dont even want to repeat what happened but it was awful, made me step away from the computer and not even come back to the episode for a bit. I dont even want to finish this anime anymore and may just drop it. Eren losing multiple limbs and then being ate up and dying?! He is the hero, the protagonist, he's supposed to be invincible slaying titans like their buttered toast and what not, not the one being smashed like an ant. (oh and of course, Failkasa is safe...). I didnt sign up to get teary eyed from this anime. I wanted good feelings and confidence boosts in morale. Its a shonen action anime after all be more like it please with whoever is rising to take Erens place, I guess Armin or Rivaille? I doubt Ill be able to look at screencaps of Eren for a few days this is like part 2 jjba all over again for me.

Mmm, delicious!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Sucker, I've avoided most discussion about the show.
The thing with the Titan discussion is that the people talking about it try to be cryptic about it but give you enough information to piece everything together. Like when somebody here was expecting
someone's reactions to the episode so you figure out that a certain character had to bite it since that certain someone is big on those types of characters.

The thing with the Titan discussion is that the people talking about it try to be cryptic about it but give you enough information to piece everything together. Like when somebody here was expecting
someone's reactions to the episode so you figure out that a certain character had to bite it since that certain someone is big on those types of characters.

Yep, things don't need to be spelled out for the context to spoil things. The twist in the last episode in Hentai Prince was spoiled for me thanks to a legion of people posting :SDBurton.

Instro

Attack on Titan 5

Man that was pretty great. The initial moment with the Colossal Titan was fantastic, really oppressive vibe. The regular titans seem like much more of a threat then their lumbering first impressions gave off.
Killing off most of the recruits and potentially killing off Eren was amazing, I was genuinely shocked. I was expecting them to be decimated, but Eren going down like that was something, especially after all his speeches. I'm expecting Eren will return somehow but this show has surprised me once already. If he doesn't return I guess it will transition to Mikasa, face it DTL, she's the second main character.
Ridiculous moe titan and terrible CG, which didn't look too bad at extreme motion, were pretty bad but I can't wait to see where this goes.

He'll cut his way out with shounen power bro. No arm no leg no problem.

This kind of goes back to the issues we were having with the Usagi Drop manga. You can easily figure out what people are reacting to just from the type of reaction.

Instro

Without a doubt, far too pure for me.

I don't think I could fap to this, the purity is off the charts.

That's a fucking lie, btw. If I wasn't at work I'd be fapping to it right now.

I'm impressed that you were watching this at work.

Also you guys are scrubs I watched that ova ages ago. Get with the times guys.

Gargantia - 05

Nice, light hearted episode. I'm not usually a big fan of beach/fanservice episodes, but I had a blast this week. It was funny seeing poor Ledo run around looking for a job, and the cow bit got a chuckle of of me.

Like others have said, it's cool to see the folks on Gargantia open up to him, and this episode felt like a culmination of all that.

And damn, that Hisasi end card.

Jarmel

Banned
G Gundam 25-

The disqualified Gundams showing up is a little bullshit. I kinda expected this but it's still somewhat bullshit. Also lol at the blatant racism at display. What's next? They'll have the Kenyan Gundam be something stupid like a zebra?

ij12pn2q7hje7.jpg

Oh...

Sound of the sky 9

A nice dramatic episode giving Klaus some of the spotlight before things wrap up. I am a bit concerned about how the ending will be paced with 3 aired episodes left and the BD special but I guess I'll see soon enough. Also they've been nailing the orchestral music for a while but I realized I never mentioned it in these impressions so kudos to them for that.

fertygo

G Gundam 25-

The disqualified Gundams showing up is a little bullshit. I kinda expected this but it's still somewhat bullshit. Also lol at the blatant racism at display. What's next? They'll have the Kenyan Gundam be something stupid like a zebra?

ij12pn2q7hje7.jpg

Oh...

Netherland and India got it worse lol

G Gundam 25-

ij12pn2q7hje7.jpg

Oh...

This sounds amazing along with the Mexico colony shaped like a sombrero.

Idolmaster 20

Wow..
Just wow
The%20iDOLM%40STER%20-%2020.jpg

You can do it chihaya !
The last 5 minutes of this episode were ..." wow "

10/10
This episode is worthy of such a note.

Am i crying ? Am i , really ?
Wow this episode delivered in a way i couldn't imagine.i had read some light spoilers and some impressions on internet foroms , but they were nowhere even close to what this episode was.

LEGENDARY EPISODE
A well deserved 10/10

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
G Gundam 25-

ij12pn2q7hje7.jpg

Oh...

If you look closely, it looks like it's actually supposed to be a black person wearing zebra skin.

Which is even worse.

Sound of the Sky 10

eQtg7id.jpg

they DID have dudes stationed there! what happened to them?!

Hachiko old lady edition and it still works beautifully especially since that story served as a good contrast to
the story of Rio having to leave and learning not to stay.
I'd say more about it but I'd rather just keep watching right now.

Jarmel

Banned
G Gundam 26-

Oh my god, the song played during the Neo-Greece battle is straight out of the 80's, like something out of Bloodsport. Seems like the soundtrack has actually gotten good. The lyrics sound Chinese weirdly enough. The new ED is hilarious but I do like the song. Also holy shit at the size of this guy.

imdWthNTmeyEE.jpg

He's like 14 or 15 feet tall.

The new arc seems like it's actually going to be fun if it keeps that cheesy 80's feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom