• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - Episode 5

The obligatory beach/swimsuit episode.

I knew this had to happen, but man this is super early, haha. That being said this actually wasn't all that bad for a "beach" episode, at least we got to see more of Gargantia, with the water tower, the existence of an artificial park and trees, and those slums :L

Narag

I didn't even think of the Gargantia ep as a beach ep. Got caught up in the whole subjectivity of usefulness, I think.

Idolmaster 21
I thought that the heroine would be chihaya or even the producer but by a nice turn of events , it was kotori-san that stole the show.

So we've covered the idol jam event in less than a episode , leaving us with ????

Will they adapt the extra events(rare) or will be start wrapping up thing for a finale ?
I can't wait.

Jarmel

Banned
G Gundam 27-

It's amazingly stupid that there isn't some sort of command function to prevent any dumbass from trying to jack your Gundam. Also another Gundam series where a stupid little shit is screwing things up. Is there some contractual obligation somewhere where if you do a Gundam series, a kid has to fuck something up? I also like how Master Asia is so cocky despite getting his ass whooped already.

It does seem like Domon has mellowed out a lot which is making him much more bearable.

Sound of the sky 11

Yeah you guys weren't kidding, I really could've done without the ED on this one.
So the Romans are analogous to Germans but they're olive skinned? The Helvetians speak french but are near a lot of Japanese ruins so I guess everything is a blend of everything else.
Also I've decided to
leave the german unsubbed the first time through so even after I finish please don't spoil for me on what the Romans say.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Idolmaster 20

Wow..
Just wow

The last 5 minutes of this episode were ..." wow "

10/10
This episode is worthy of such a note.

Am i crying ? Am i , really ?
Wow this episode delivered in a way i couldn't imagine.i had read some light spoilers and some impressions on internet foroms , but they were nowhere even close to what this episode was.

LEGENDARY EPISODE
A well deserved 10/10

Ah, the :firehawk episode.

trejo

Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo (OVA)

http://i.imgur.com/GgNc27m.png

The purest form of love, right before our eyes. So heavenly.

Such a beautiful sight taking place before our eyes.

The purest form of love, for sure.

Without a doubt, far too pure for me.

I don't think I could fap to this, the purity is off the charts.

That's a fucking lie, btw. If I wasn't at work I'd be fapping to it right now.

Did I miss another hentai animuwatch?

Aw man.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Attack on Titan 05
VnZya3z.jpg
I kind of wish this show was actually good. I would probably settle for it being decent.
This cliche riddled filth was bad enough when I thought it would actually be building towards something, but now the series is trying to reset in certain ways with these really lame attempts to try and shock the viewer. This series is trying so hard to carry some sort of edge and be dark, but its art style betrays it completely. There is no dread here. Kill off whoever you want, I don't even give a fuck because most of these characters are little more than a full name shoved in my face that I probably half skipped over while reading the subs.

The pacing is particularly poor, even for a manga adaptation. The show is uninteresting and dull at nearly every turn, honing in on the meaningless while its emotionless cast is faced with exceedingly nonsensical and lame trials. I hoped things would improve outside of the training camp, where the show lacked any kind of intensity and failed to capture the hardships of the army or properly portray character growth. Instead I got another episode of awkwardly placed flashbacks, stereotype sideshows with bourgeois shaming, enemy weak points, blunt monologue "world building", characters standing around next to each other in frame, bad CG, and a consistent lack of attention to detail or spacing. The action scenes are just illogical, with the strength of Titans constantly in flux to set up what are supposed to be dramatic moments. I really doubt I'm going to watch more of this.

CorvoSol

G Gundam 27-

It's amazingly stupid that there isn't some sort of command function to prevent any dumbass from trying to jack your Gundam. Also another Gundam series where a stupid little shit is screwing things up. Is there some contractual obligation somewhere where if you do a Gundam series, a kid has to fuck something up? I also like how Master Asia is so cocky despite getting his ass whooped already.

It does seem like Domon has mellowed out a lot which is making him much more bearable.

Sai Saichi is awesome, even if screwing things up is half his schtick at first. Master Asia has to be over the top at all times, its in his contract. And Domon only gets better as things go, minus a certain point where a certain character makes him think without his head.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!! 10

The one with the Mikihara Gang. Sousuke develops a miniature Arm Slave in this episode, out of Bonta-Kuns, making him technically as smart as Leonard Testarossa, who builds his own miniature Arm Slaves, except Leonards are autonomous, and Sousuke's require a pilot (and have hilarious voice changer issues.) Plenty of Ren in this episode, which is never, ever a bad thing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R] 074
I really liked was how they pointed out Usagi's growth as a character. She comes across as a goofball in most episodes, but she's clearly moved on from the girl who
would rather not fight even though her friends were dying back and forth
at the end of season one. She even gets to ape Goku for a moment, here! Better yet, that
misogynist piece of shit bites the dust
. I'm "fuck yeah"ing right now.
I imagine this is the type of imagery our neighbours up north the Río Bravo didn't get to see. Anno-sama would be proud!
Artemis is enjoying the shit out of that view, if you know what I mean...

The preview for the next episode is Evangelion levels of hype. HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

MikeMyers

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R] 074

I really liked was how they pointed out Usagi's growth as a character. She comes across as a goofball in most episodes, but she's clearly moved on from the girl who
would rather not fight even though her friends were dying back and forth
at the end of season one. She even gets to ape Goku for a moment, here! Better yet, that
misogynist piece of shit bites the dust
. I'm "fuck yeah"ing right now.

I imagine this is the type of imagery our neighbours up north the Río Bravo didn't get to see. Anno-sama would be proud!

Artemis is enjoying the shit out of that view, if you know what I mean...

The preview for the next episode is Evangelion levels of hype. HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Funny you mention that, I just read this part of the manga
Mamoru battles Rubeus

CorvoSol

Gargantia 3

This is turning out to be a pretty good show. I really enjoy the way they're making Ledo so completely alien to the customs of Earth, even if some things seem odd (this has to be at least several thousand years from now, right, but Semper Fi is still a thing to shout? Maybe it's just that Latin in an anime feels outta place.) The interesting thing is that, while Ledo is the protagonist, he's the one who is actually alien to us, since the Seafarers are more or less as one would imagine Seafarers to be, but Ledo, his world, and the enemy he fought are all only briefly explained.

I'm likin' it so far.

Articalys

Cast announcements for Genshiken Nidaime. Besides the newcomers (of which Sumire Uesaka is voicing one, the hyperactive fujoshi Rika Yoshitake), Ogiue has been recast from Kaori Mizuhashi to Nozomi Yamamoto (Yukimura in Haganai).

edit: actually, they may have announced they'll be replacing all the original cast? Can't quite tell from the source article. What does 上級生・OBもキャスト変わるよ mean? No more Hiyama as Madarame would be sad, though to be fair he isn't as energetic in Nidaime as he was in the original.

edit2: finally tracked down the key visual.

Sound of the Sky 12

Hmm, just finished but I'm still not too sure how to feel about this ending.
I guess what bothers me is that their lives will more or less be the same after all is said and done. A happy ending is great and all especially when everyone has such tragic back stories but Rio leaving to return to princess life was when I thought the fort or town have some interesting changes to their daily life. I guess they did what they could with the few episodes they had remaining and I prefer it to the ending foreshadowed in the original fire maiden legend but for a show that felt rather well planned it was disappointing to see them whip up this other legend in such a make shift way.
I maintain that the setting and the constant novelty are the best part of the show and the characters while entertaining and rational with nothing that really ruins them just never grew on me. This show is one that really would have benefited from being two cours instead of one to give everyone another leg on their character arc and bring more interesting interactions with each other. I still have a BD special to go but I doubt it'll change my mind but I'll most likely enjoy it since I've loved almost every episode, it's just when taken as a whole do things tear at the seams a little.

Instro

DokiDoki Precure 14

Karuta really is becoming a thing in anime now. It's popped up a lot since the first season of Chihaya.

Cardcaptor Sakura 15

Just remember kids, there's chocolate with Alcohol in it!

They had their first fight with each other, and Kero got drunk! Can your mascot get drunk!? I don't think SO!

Also Li got another card at the beginning of the episode

Cast announcements for Genshiken Nidaime. Besides the newcomers (of which Sumire Uesaka is voicing one, the hyperactive fujoshi Rika Yoshitake), Ogiue has been recast from Kaori Mizuhashi to Nozomi Yamamoto (Yukimura in Haganai).

edit: actually, they may have announced they'll be replacing all the original cast? Can't quite tell from the source article.

No, not Ogiue.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly, the most important cast member would be whomever plays Madarame.

Although, I suppose it depends on how much they plan to adapt of the sequel series in the first place.

Thoraxes

Cardcaptor Sakura 15

Just remember kids, there's chocolate with Alcohol in it!

They had their first fight with each other, and Kero got drunk! Can your mascot get drunk!? I don't think SO!

Also Li got another card at the beginning of the episode

I got misty during that episode. Actually during quite a few CCS episodes.

Mature

You know, I just remembered that I was doing Gurren Lagann impressions on here and I ended up watching the rest of it with a friend and not saying another word on here. So not to be inconsistent:

Gurren Lagann
Really fun show featuring good eye candy and a silly story with a not-so-great third part. That being said, I sure wouldn't mind seeing Studio Trigger do something else with the mythos. And what's the deal with the movie? Worth a watch?

I think I'm going to start up Mahoromatic tonight.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Gurren Lagann
Really fun show featuring good eye candy and a silly story with a not-so-great third part. That being said, I sure wouldn't mind seeing Studio Trigger do something else with the mythos. And what's the deal with the movie? Worth a watch?
Depends on whether you think the escalation in the final episode makes retreading the material again. Imaishi goes fucking insane with that last third arc in the second movie.

Personally, I believe he should have never touched that show again. The ending is perfect. YES, PERFECT. SUCK IT HATERS.

Mature

Personally, I believe he should have never touched that show again. The ending is perfect. YES, PERFECT. SUCK IT HATERS.
I liked the ending too, actually. I wasn't a huge fan of the entirety of the 3rd arc, but the last few episodes were fine and good.

Were the movies an attempt at a different ending or something?

Jintor

edit: actually, they may have announced they'll be replacing all the original cast? Can't quite tell from the source article. What does 上級生・OBもキャスト変わるよ mean? No more Hiyama as Madarame would be sad, though to be fair he isn't as energetic in Nidaime as he was in the original.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Maou-Sama 05

Episode kinda sucked, the ending bit where they were all back at the house was funny though.

CorvoSol

Depends on whether you think the escalation in the final episode makes retreading the material again. Imaishi goes fucking insane with that last third arc in the second movie.

The ending is dumb
by which I mean Nia exploding into fairy dust was dumb, the rest was fine.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Did I miss another hentai animuwatch?

Aw man.
I just wanna point out that I would have never got into yuri were it not for this thread.
I liked the ending too, actually. I wasn't a huge fan of the entirety of the 3rd arc, but the last few episodes were fine and good.

No, I'm just a proponent that escalation for the sake of escalation doesn't necessarily make for better drama. I thought the last episode of the show was the perfect climax to reach. Too much Imaishi can be a bad thing.

First movie is totally worthless, though. There's like ten minutes of new footage.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Not as far as I recall, basically an excuse to shove more beautiful mecha animation in there.

Sound of the sky 13

You know I just keep putting my foot in my mouth with this show because I did end up altering my opinion a little with this episode, I pretty much got exactly what I asked for with this ending along with some good world building to boot. That doesn't change the fact that the previous ending diminishes the coherence and pacing of the series as a whole to me, they shouldn't have escalated it so far if they couldn't resolve it in a satisfying way. But all in all I'm far more happy with this show because of this episode.

Gurren Lagann

I think I'm going to start up Mahoromatic tonight.

Regulus Tera pretty much nailed the only real draw of the movies but if you want something more with the show then the parallel works are worth a watch. All of them are rather short and show a lot of fun experiments with the style and premise of the show.

mAcOdIn

I liked Bailey as Kaine in Nier.
I didn't know that was her, she did a great job there.
I always thought Omigawa was pretty good as Judo Girl in SYD but after completing Soredemo, I became a believer.
Yeah, it's hard imagining anyone doing that role but Omigawa, the show just wouldn't be the same.
Ergo Proxy 16

Jesus fuck.

I was warned. I should have listened.
I still think episode 16 of Ergo Proxy is one of the greatest anime episodes of any anime of all time. I love how it contrasts the three groups and everything Re-l notices is about as wrong as possible, nobody has a wall up but her. All of the interactions are great and there's like no wasted moment in the episode despite it kinda all being a wasted episode. It's like Seinfeld but way better. Pino's totally adorable in this episode too. It's great fun watching Re-l's slow breakdown of sorts.
Chiho is the most obvious Best Girl in ages, what the hell is wrong with all of you?
So true.
Rocket Girls 01
Them faces. That terrible CG. That keen measuring eye. Pretty fun.

Rocket Girls 02
That space suit and licking. That imouto.
Good.
Her father's a pimp

Rocket Girls 03
Some plan.
Imma get fat so I can't go to space.
Yes! Awesome series.

Railgun & Index stuff
Part of it's because of what 7th said, but it's also because he's not like any shonen hero. He's more annoying than plenty of them. And that the series is terribly written all-around, of course, is surely part of the reason, I don't think that's all of it.
So, uh, part of it is what 7th said and 7th said he was a guy so your being sorta sexist towards men, that's what you're telling me? Touma is like most Shounen heroes, he's like Ichigo from Bleach, he's got essentially no problem or flaw whatsoever aside from maybe not being flawed enough to ask others for help, if one's to really call that a "flaw." And I agree that that's not really a great writing of a character but I also find it equally odd to see people say "how can they like that person," when, damn, if people like that were real you should like them!
I mean, as you could probably expect, part of it for me is the writing, with how he always ends up saving Misaka, who of course can't ever completely protect herself; no matter how strong her powers are, of course the male characters are stronger, and she needs to be protected by them. Quite sexist stuff. Of course anime is loaded with such things, but it's as bad or worse than usual here, and there's not much of anything good about the franchise to balance it out, either.
Are you mixing up Railgun and Index again? Always saving Misaka? First off, he maybe saves Misaka twice. She probably could have actually won the other time but since Touma never tells people what's going on I don't think it's fair to hold that against her because she really didn't know in advance and thus had no real chance to do it herself. The other time is against Accelerator who's as broken a character as Touma anyways, even Touma beating him was some shit excuse. Misaka herself though is hardly always getting saved by Touma if it's two fights out of God knows how many she's involved in that's definitely not a trend, and in Railgun, aside from this season which has the Sisters arc I don't think you're going to see Touma saving Misaka any. There's also a few times in the universe where Misaka's going to cover for Touma but whatever, that won't count right because it doesn't fit the narrative that Misaka's always getting saved by Touma.

There is some sexist shit in this universe sure, and Touma is too cheesily perfect sure, but they hardly make Misaka some weak damsel in distress always needing rescuing. I don't think you even know what you're talking about.

And frankly, to bridge the gap between fiction and reality a tad here, even if that were the case and Touma was always butting into Misaka's fights and saving her isn't that what he should do? She's a damn Middle School girl! Are you advocating a young adult leaving a young teen to fend for herself just so he doesn't come off as sexist? There'll be several times where Misaka's sidelined because she's just not brought into the fold, which is silly on one hand because of her powers and competency but on the other doesn't that make perfect fucking sense? Every time shit goes down do you really want a "hero" running off to a middle school girl and bringing her into mortal danger?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I think you should watch them and fast forward to the new material, though. It's pretty and the mechanical animation is great, as per Yoshinari and co. It's just that I feel the tv show works better as a narrative.
Regulus Terra
Is there a reason why I always get my last name misspelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom