• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardcaptor Sakura 16

2NU1P.jpg
2NU4D.jpg
2NUcR.jpg

They allowed her to go to an old mans house, which makes perfect sense in this world of se--- woah wait what.

Old man wasn't a random old man, but actually a relative of Tomoyo and Sakura's mother. Who isn't related by this point.

Very enjoyable episode.

Bikkun

Neo Member
Cardcaptor Sakura 16

They allowed her to go to an old mans house, which makes perfect sense in this world of se--- woah wait what.

Old man wasn't a random old man, but actually a relative of Tomoyo and Sakura's mother. Who isn't related by this point.

Very enjoyable episode.

Well they did make the relation obvious as the episode went on. The general idea is Fujitaka knew the whole time who the "nice older man" is.

Well yes, but at the same time, we're talking about a world of good mahou shoujos and what could be considered a world where sexual deviants is a-okay and makes the world more interesting to look into considering how much of a pussy current animes are with relationships.

Bikkun

Neo Member
Well yes, but at the same time, we're talking about a world of good mahou shoujos and what could be considered a world where sexual deviants is a-okay and makes the world more interesting to look into considering how much of a pussy current animes are with relationships.

One fucking word: CLAMP.

Edit: Aw.

mAcOdIn

Well, you were pencilled in because of the whole Maou-sama discussion anyway. I guess I'll go get a pen or something
Perfect. Now the battle lines have been drawn.

I wonder if in the future nerds will get as violent as religious extremists, a war over who's better Emi versus Chiho does make more sense than God vs Alah.

Detective Conan movie 13 The Raven Chaser

This is my first time watching Detective Conan in over 10 years, I was watching it on the German RTL2 (and I still think Conans German voice is the best), but the channel stopped at around 150 and there was no other way to keep watching DC, and with other anime over time I just forgot about it. So, without having seen any previous movies I jumped on to movie 13: The Raven Chaser. This movie was very easy to get into and re-acquaint myself with the cast. Raven Chaser is about the Black Organization, the people who turned Shinichi into a kid, one of their members called Irish infiltrated the police force and its up to Conan to expose him...

I love the art of DC

The black faces always scared me

Ran dodging a bullet that goes 350m/s

I wanna resume watching DC again, but there are more than 500 episodes I would need to see, and DCTP stopped translating :/

WHEN

Score: 7/10, movie is great

Attack on Titan 05

I kind of wish this show was actually good. I would probably settle for it being decent.
This cliche riddled filth was bad enough when I thought it would actually be building towards something, but now the series is trying to reset in certain ways with these really lame attempts to try and shock the viewer. This series is trying so hard to carry some sort of edge and be dark, but its art style betrays it completely. There is no dread here. Kill off whoever you want, I don't even give a fuck because most of these characters are little more than a full name shoved in my face that I probably half skipped over while reading the subs.

The pacing is particularly poor, even for a manga adaptation. The show is uninteresting and dull at nearly every turn, honing in on the meaningless while its emotionless cast is faced with exceedingly nonsensical and lame trials. I hoped things would improve outside of the training camp, where the show lacked any kind of intensity and failed to capture the hardships of the army or properly portray character growth. Instead I got another episode of awkwardly placed flashbacks, stereotype sideshows with bourgeois shaming, enemy weak points, blunt monologue "world building", characters standing around next to each other in frame, bad CG, and a consistent lack of attention to detail or spacing. The action scenes are just illogical, with the strength of Titans constantly in flux to set up what are supposed to be dramatic moments. I really doubt I'm going to watch more of this.

You thought it was that bad? The scenes with them flying around at least deserves some commendations (ignoring the wall).

I thought there is dread and suspense though that probably depends on character preferences.

This is my first time watching Detective Conan in over 10 years, I was watching it on the German RTL2 (and I still think Conans German voice is the best), but the channel stopped at around 150 and there was no other way to keep watching DC, and with other anime over time I just forgot about it. So, without having seen any previous movies I jumped on to movie 13: The Raven Chaser. This movie was very easy to get into and re-acquaint myself with the cast. Raven Chaser is about the Black Organization, the people who turned Shinichi into a kid, one of their members called Irish infiltrated the police force and its up to Conan to expose him...

I love the art of DC

I wanna resume watching DC again, but there are more than 500 episodes I would need to see, and DCTP stopped translating :/

WHEN

Sometimes I wonder if I should pick up the Conan anime (as a child I read something like 13 volumes) but then I see it has almost 700(!) episodes with probably minimal plot progression... Well maybe someday. Really liked the manga back in a day.

Articalys

Been playing round with a new method to shrink file sizes down.
Whatever method it is, I'll bet it uses Photoshop or some kind of Mac-exclusive program, so I don't think I could follow the guidelines anyway, even if I did try to make gifs.

Rewatch of Evangelion ep 7-19

If nothing else, I've reconcluded that Cruel Angel's Thesis is among the greatest anime opening songs ever made. I can see why it's constantly at the top of the karaoke rankings each year.

Also, how many god damn versions of Fly Me To The Moon did they make?

Kurita

You thought it was that bad? The scenes with them flying around at least deserves some commendations (ignoring the wall).

I thought there is dread and suspense though that probably depends on character preferences.
I have to say, I wasn't attached to the characters when that event happened in the manga.
Sure, it was surprising but most of the characters were dull and clearly not important so their fate wasn't saddening.

Shergal

I have to say, I wasn't attached to the characters when that event happened in the manga.
Sure, it was surprising but most of the characters were dull and clearly not important so their fate wasn't saddening.

I think the events of the latest episode aren't there so you get sad about the characters, but simply establish the Titans as something much more powerful than the humans. Sure, they were already established as terrifying and a threat in the first two episodes, but this is the first time actual trained soldiers engage on battle; so having all this happens solidifies the claims about their power, which were previously nebulous concepts introduced by dialogue.

Whether or not it was well executed is another story, but I thought it was good. Not optimal, but that would need a better director than Araki and a better schedule :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Whatever method it is, I'll bet it uses Photoshop or some kind of Mac-exclusive program, so I don't think I could follow the guidelines anyway, even if I did try to make gifs.

It uses blending layers, threshold and masks. If you can do that with your favourite image manipulation application of choice you should be able to do this.

I may write a more indepth guide, but the basic gist is.

1. Make sure your layers are ordered first frame at the bottom, last at the top. In Photoshop you can reserve them with Layer -> Arrange -> Reverse
  2. Go to the second frame.
  3. Make sure the previous frame's layer is also visible.
  4. Change the blend mode of the current frame's layer to Difference.
  5. Make a Threshold Adjustment layer and place above the current frame your working on (you're going to be using this a lot so placing it right at the top of the layer stack may result in a lot of scrolling up and down so it may be easier to just drag it up every few frames)
  6. Set the threshold to 1.
  7. You'll have a black and white image of the differences between the frames, but you'll also see a lot of compression. Increase the threshold so the compression areas go from white to black. I found 5 works reasonably well but it depends on the source.
  8. Select and unhide the threshold layer and using the Magic Wand select the white area. Make sure Anti-alias and Contiguous are both unticked.
  9. Hide the threshold layer.
  10. Go back to the current frame's layer and click the Add layer mask button.
  11. Hide the previous frame's layer.
  12. Go to the next frame.
  13. Disable the mask from the previous layer and repeat from step 3.

You may need to clean some things up afterwards, but this is much quick than using quick masks and manually erasing the difference. Also allows one to optimise scenes with camera pans easier.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Rewatch of Evangelion ep 7-19

If nothing else, I've reconcluded that Cruel Angel's Thesis is among the greatest anime opening songs ever made. I can see why it's constantly at the top of the karaoke rankings each year.

Also, how many god damn versions of Fly Me To The Moon did they make?

OST 1
2. "Fly Me to the Moon"
21. "Fly Me to the Moon" (instrumental version)
23. "Fly Me to the Moon (Yoko Takahashi Acid Bossa Version)

OST 2
20. "Fly Me to the Moon (TV Size Version)"
21. "Fly Me to the Moon (#5 Remix)"
22. "Fly Me to the Moon (#6 Remix)"
24. "Fly Me to the Moon (Aya Bossa Techno Version)"
25. "Fly Me to the Moon (Aki Jungle Version)"

OST 3
13. "The Sorrow of Losing the Object of One's Dependence"
23. "Fly Me to the Moon (Yoko Takahashi TV Size Version)"
24. "Fly Me to the Moon (4 Beat TV Size Version)"
25. "Fly Me to the Moon (Aya Bossa Techno TV Size Version)"
26. "Fly Me to the Moon (Yoko Takahashi Acid Bossa TV Size Version)"
27. "Fly Me to the Moon (4 Beat Off Vocal TV Size Version)"
28. "Fly Me to the Moon (Off Vocal TV Size Version)"
29. "Fly Me to the Moon (Aki Jungle TV Size Version)"
30. "Fly Me to the Moon (B-22A Type TV Size Version)"
31. "Fly Me to the Moon (Rei (#23) TV Size Version)"
32. "Fly Me to the Moon (Rei (#25) TV Size Version)"
33. "Fly Me to the Moon (Rei (#26) TV Size Version)"
34. "Fly Me to the Moon (Aya London Beat Version)"

Addition Album
3. "Fly Me to the Moon (Misato 4 beat TV. Size Version)"
4. "Fly Me to the Moon (Asuka Bossa Techno TV. Size Version)"
9. "Fly Me to the Moon (Main Version II)"

And the Hikaru Utada version for Evangelion 1.0.

mAcOdIn

Well obviously no one does it better then him
But then just do one! Why do you need to make twenty-five pieces of shit when just one would suffice?

Besides, I don't think it's totally true that no one could do it better than Sinatra. I think people's songs get covered better all the time, happened when Whitney Houston covered Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" and when Jimi Hendrix covered Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower." You can beat the original, you can make just an ok version as your own take and maybe it's as good or not, but why 25 pieces of shit? That's just insulting.

Jintor

Even Kamiya contented himself with one cover, mixing that cover a few times, and licencing another cover he really liked

BluWacky

All those versions and not one of them as good as Sinatra. So much money and time wasted.

No money is going to have been wasted on those covers. Eva was so ridiculously popular that every single one of those recordings will have made its money back - and I'm sure they virtually all just used the same backing track and had different vocals layered over the top (I don't know Eva very well so can't say for certain).

mAcOdIn

No money is going to have been wasted on those covers. Eva was so ridiculously popular that every single one of those recordings will have made its money back - and I'm sure they virtually all just used the same backing track and had different vocals layered over the top (I don't know Eva very well so can't say for certain).
It's not about its money being made back, it's that, in art they could have done something, maybe they could have made a great original song, maybe they could have gotten someone to do a honest to God bang up cover, maybe they could have just licensed the superior original version and used it, instead we got twenty five different pieces of shit. Forever on the CDDB, wasting space, forever used as filler on shitty character cds and soundtracks, it's just stupid.

I'm sure you're right though, I bet it all made it's money back and more and many if not most of the songs are probably the same shit modified on some computer for shits and giggles but every one of them is an insult to Frank Sinatra. And an insult to people who like good music. Anno should be ashamed of himself.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm sure you're right though, I bet it all made it's money back and more and many if not most of the songs are probably the same shit modified on some computer for shits and giggles but every one of them is an insult to Frank Sinatra.
But... it wasn't even a Frank Sinatra song originally.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

I love the art of DC

WHEN

It really was a fun movie to watch. <3 Detective Conan!

wonzo

Banned
Aikatsu! 28

aikatsu28.jpg

the true face of idol culture

Hmm, I knew it wasn't gonna happen but I' glad they didn't split up the gang just yet (well, i hope they never do really) as Mizuki pretty much blows and ain't got shit on the gang of 6 morons.

also just look at this masterpiece aww yeahhh:

iNjLw7fz0FJ7s.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom