• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
G Gundam 29-

iXizkqbWF1dyD.gif

This isn't funny. Someone died in this gif.

I enjoyed this episode mainly because we got Saichi fighting instead of Domon. It really does strike me how much they toned Domon down though.

Jintor

SYD OVA 04

Haha, when Shino tells Hata she doesn't have a boyfriend her eyes flash towards Tsuda for like 2 frames of animation

Attack On Titan 5

That was dark and grim and awesome, it's hard to comment when most of the discussion is speculation based upon what I already know thanks to reading the manga. Episode 7 or 8 is going to be great when it happens

Jarmel

Banned
G Gundam 30-

iiJJ0bDljv4oo.jpg

So we're finally getting to the parts I remember. I remember Allenby being best girl but I'll have to rewatch the show to confirm this. I can already taste Rain's jealousy. Well, it also looks like they actually got money this episode.

ibxV2h1Q0ILIjG.gif

Hopefully we get more regular Allenby before they do the whole amnesia berserker arc. Great episode overall.

ibxrk0QtqecOyI.jpg

Her punches have no soul.

cajunator

Banned
Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo (OVA)

GgNc27m.png

The purest form of love, right before our eyes. So heavenly.

This looks like real yuri to me. Not that goggles stuff.

The series seems to have slightly fallen out of favor here, but the first DVD set for Chihayafuru has been dated for Australia, to be released on July 18.

This is so bittersweet. the bitter being me because this isnt released here and never will be.

I find it kinda weird to advertise a hiking trail using a show about a girl who dies by slipping into a river on a mountain trail, but whatever floats their boats.

That does seem kind of odd. "This is the spot where it happened in the story! See if you can find the ghost..."

Sound of the sky 9

A nice dramatic episode giving Klaus some of the spotlight before things wrap up. I am a bit concerned about how the ending will be paced with 3 aired episodes left and the BD special but I guess I'll see soon enough. Also they've been nailing the orchestral music for a while but I realized I never mentioned it in these impressions so kudos to them for that.

The OST for Sora no Woto is absolutely gorgeous. I was floored when I first heard it.

Sound of the sky 11

Yeah you guys weren't kidding, I really could've done without the ED on this one.
So the Romans are analogous to Germans but they're olive skinned? The Helvetians speak french but are near a lot of Japanese ruins so I guess everything is a blend of everything else.
Also I've decided to
leave the german unsubbed the first time through so even after I finish please don't spoil for me on what the Romans say.

The ED is so jarring after what happened there XD
Seemed so inappropriate and yet so perfect to put you in a happy mood again.
Mood whiplash total.

Cast announcements for Genshiken Nidaime. Besides the newcomers (of which Sumire Uesaka is voicing one, the hyperactive fujoshi Rika Yoshitake), Ogiue has been recast from Kaori Mizuhashi to Nozomi Yamamoto (Yukimura in Haganai).

edit: actually, they may have announced they'll be replacing all the original cast? Can't quite tell from the source article. What does 上級生・OBもキャスト変わるよ mean? No more Hiyama as Madarame would be sad, though to be fair he isn't as energetic in Nidaime as he was in the original.

edit2: finally tracked down the key visual.

This looks not so good. Too many changes :/

Sound of the sky 13

You know I just keep putting my foot in my mouth with this show because I did end up altering my opinion a little with this episode, I pretty much got exactly what I asked for with this ending along with some good world building to boot. That doesn't change the fact that the previous ending diminishes the coherence and pacing of the series as a whole to me, they shouldn't have escalated it so far if they couldn't resolve it in a satisfying way. But all in all I'm far more happy with this show because of this episode.

Regulus Tera pretty much nailed the only real draw of the movies but if you want something more with the show then the parallel works are worth a watch. All of them are rather short and show a lot of fun experiments with the style and premise of the show.

The ending of SNW was its weak part. It ended far too abruptly and felt rushed. Plus it was bittersweet in a way.

Kuttsukiboshi 1

Okay, so we've got Kawakami, a girl with light psychic powers, and her friend Saitou who knows her secret. And they're in love. Yaaaaaay, yuri! :D Seems like they're not going to have any real explicit sex scenes, so this is just going to be a nice, light love sto- WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE AKLFHAKLHGLKH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
WHY IS SAITOU FUCKING HER OWN BROTHER
?! THIS IS SOME GODDAMN SHIT RIGHT HERE. FUCK.

Kuttsukiboshi 2 -END-

This is the stupidest goddamn thing I've ever seen.

So the episode starts with Saitoh getting the news that her brother died. Then we move on to Saitoh chloroforming and raping Kawakami in the school's sports equipment shed as a way to make up for letting Kawakami catch her doing her own brother or something. That's right. Rape. Then it flashes forward and they've been in there just doing it for a few days. Kawakami tries to ask Saitoh why the hell she was FUCKING HER BROTHER, but gets no answer and leaves. Saitoh doesn't come to school the next day, but Kawakami sees her as she's leaving. They get on a train and fuck...wait, what? They fuck on the train? Whatever. Anyway, they go back to Saitoh's house and, you guessed it, fuck some more. And Saitoh mentions that she's leaving Japan tomorrow because of reasons. Then Kawakami suddenly gains the ability to read minds, and sees that Saitoh fucked her brother because he was dying of an inoperable brain tumor and just REALLY WANTED TO FUCK HIS SISTER BEFORE HE DIED. Fuck this show. Anyway, Kawakami wakes up from her mind reading dream to see that Saitoh is already gone. In fact, she's already on the plane flying to somewhere that isn't Japan or whatever. Suddenly, Kawakami goes Super Sayian or evolves like a fucking Pokemon or something and gains the ability to FUCKING TELEPORT. So she teleports onto the goddamn plane and tells Saitoh that she forgives her for the whole "fucking her brother" thing and that she loves her and what the fuck ever. Then they try to teleport back to Saitoh's house, but end up falling through the sky towards the ocean or something. So they grasp hands in midair and teleport again, and this time they end up ON ANOTHER FUCKING GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PLANET. ANOTHER GODDAMN PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANET. FUCK ANIME. Then Kawakami says she's lost her teleportation powers and they're all like "Hey, I don't know where we are, but the sky is pink and there's like six visible moons or planets or whatever in the sky and we'll probably never get home and WE'RE ON ANOTHER GODDAMN PLANET, but that's okay because we're together!". THE END.

Fuck anime. Fuck everything. This was worse than BRS TV. This might be the worst thing I've ever seen. I'm going to go drink bleach. Fuck.

I kind of want to watch this now. How long is it?

....... AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Welcome to the community! I see Seraphis dragged you here. Don't worry, we are mostly harmless.

He probably taught him how to save the best for last. And it's a good thing that he finished Suite considering I'm currently halfway through. Now I don't feel bad. Hell, it's probably good that most of us watching HC already finished.

Seems like only I've been watching in order.

I'm debating on stating if you should move onto Max Heart after Futari wa or save that for later.

Max Heart is way too similar to FWP and really not worth the trouble. Shiny Luminous isnt very memorable or likeable. She is literally "just there" for a majority of the time.

School Days is fucking amazing! I'm just saying it's not the type of thing I want noobs to watch because they are gonna think we are out to haze them. This is a family restaurant, dammit!

This thread is safe for the whole family. Please pardon the constant utterance of fuck and talk of hentai. Those are merely there to give it flavor.

At some point I'd like to see a list of what people consider "good" tsunderes and "bad" tsunderes.

good tsundere:

Kurisu

bad Tsudere:

all kugilolis except Taiga. ESPECIALLY Shana. Fucking Shana.
the word "urusai" should be banned.

Cardcaptor Sakura 16

They allowed her to go to an old mans house, which makes perfect sense in this world of se--- woah wait what.

Old man wasn't a random old man, but actually a relative of Tomoyo and Sakura's mother. Who isn't related by this point.

Very enjoyable episode.

This is one of the purest animes. Its one of the few I would label completely innocent.
Its a marvel that this exists.

Mitsudomoe.

The style looks like Kill Me Baby and Ichigo MAshimaro. I wonder if its the same character designer or art director.

mAcOdIn

A) Yes.
B) Oh you are so on the list
A) Sweet, how many ovas are there? Shame that Kobayashi's either working with Shaft or getting the shaft(in regards to casting), either way the poor girl's always getting shatfed. But seriously, all her Shaft roles are great and then, bleh. Oh well, doesn't tarnish her work I just want more for her. I care about her and want better for her.
B) Now I know I'm doing right!

I liked the ending too, actually. I wasn't a huge fan of the entirety of the 3rd arc, but the last few episodes were fine and good.

Were the movies an attempt at a different ending or something?

Not a different outcome, but definitely different events leading to that outcome, by which I mean added escalation. Let's just say if you thought the ending of the series was ridiculous in scale, the 2nd movie will blow your mind since it goes a couple quadrillion light years beyond that.

Narag

G Gundam 29-

I enjoyed this episode mainly because we got Saichi fighting instead of Domon. It really does strike me how much they toned Domon down though.

Rally liked that. He's still the same guy but a bit more trusting and less volatile. If I have any complaint about it, it would be the lack of subtlety in his character growing but that's the m.o. of the show after all.

Jarmel

Banned
G Gundam 31-

8694468_600x338.jpg

Coulrophobia is a serious thing to have. It's no laughing matter. Also isn't it a bad thing to compare your girlfriends/groupies to your mother?

Sound of the sky 11

Yeah you guys weren't kidding, I really could've done without the ED on this one.
So the Romans are analogous to Germans but they're olive skinned? The Helvetians speak french but are near a lot of Japanese ruins so I guess everything is a blend of everything else.
Also I've decided to
leave the german unsubbed the first time through so even after I finish please don't spoil for me on what the Romans say.
The show's mix'n'match of cultures is why I love posting this:
Cute Japanese and European teenage girls, wearing Wehrmacht uniforms, exploring a Japanese school in a Spanish town full of French people who make Venetian glassware on Switzerland's French border, in a country that has a soldier princess playing Amazing Grace on a trumpet, following a Shinto-Christian religion with a miko-nun, treating tropical diseases only children get, accepting yen as currency while not being able to read kanji, celebrating Spanish traditions mixed with Chinese New Years legends, shooting at African owls (that try to keep them away from schoolgirl ghosts) with German rifles, being led by a traumatized commander who is afraid of lightning, tricking Italian mobsters to keep them from moving in on the girls' bootlegging operation which finance their paycheck and supplies, playing war games with a nun and getting pissed drunk, pissing themselves and becoming baby factories for the Pope, creating biological weapons while still little kids and killing thousands, all while at war with German-speaking brown-skinned Americans with bindis on females' foreheads from a Roman Empire lead by the Pope that follows a monotheistic religion that believes in the Judgment Day, while piloting a finally fixed multi-legged, demon-slaying, weather-reporting, stealth-sniper and simulation training mode capable, AMAZING GRACE SINGING, Engrish-speaking, talking like a SPESS MEHREEN,wall-climbing, 200mm coil gun-firing "son of the god of fire" supertank from the past (aka Tank-kun).

/XX/

OST 1
2. "Fly Me to the Moon"
21. "Fly Me to the Moon" (instrumental version)
23. "Fly Me to the Moon (Yoko Takahashi Acid Bossa Version)

OST 2
20. "Fly Me to the Moon (TV Size Version)"
21. "Fly Me to the Moon (#5 Remix)"
22. "Fly Me to the Moon (#6 Remix)"
24. "Fly Me to the Moon (Aya Bossa Techno Version)"
25. "Fly Me to the Moon (Aki Jungle Version)"

OST 3
13. "The Sorrow of Losing the Object of One's Dependence"
23. "Fly Me to the Moon (Yoko Takahashi TV Size Version)"
24. "Fly Me to the Moon (4 Beat TV Size Version)"
25. "Fly Me to the Moon (Aya Bossa Techno TV Size Version)"
26. "Fly Me to the Moon (Yoko Takahashi Acid Bossa TV Size Version)"
27. "Fly Me to the Moon (4 Beat Off Vocal TV Size Version)"
28. "Fly Me to the Moon (Off Vocal TV Size Version)"
29. "Fly Me to the Moon (Aki Jungle TV Size Version)"
30. "Fly Me to the Moon (B-22A Type TV Size Version)"
31. "Fly Me to the Moon (Rei (#23) TV Size Version)"
32. "Fly Me to the Moon (Rei (#25) TV Size Version)"
33. "Fly Me to the Moon (Rei (#26) TV Size Version)"
34. "Fly Me to the Moon (Aya London Beat Version)"

Addition Album
3. "Fly Me to the Moon (Misato 4 beat TV. Size Version)"
4. "Fly Me to the Moon (Asuka Bossa Techno TV. Size Version)"
9. "Fly Me to the Moon (Main Version II)"

And the Hikaru Utada version for Evangelion 1.0.
Not sure of some of the differences myself, but the DATA OF EVANGELION booklet lists these as all for the series, including some additional ones:

DATA OF EVANGELION - NEON GENESIS EVANGELION DVD-BOX (2003) said:
第壱话ED NORMAL/CLARE
第弐话ED NORMAL(Strings 抜き)/CLARE
第参话ED NORMAL/YOKO TAKAHASHI
第四话ED NORMAL(Strings 抜き)/YOKO TAKAHASHI
第伍话ED Rei#5
第六话ED Rei#6
第七话ED 4BEAT/YOKO TAKAHASHI
第八话ED Aya Bossa Techno
第九话ED Asuka Bossa Techno
第拾话ED Asuka Main(Cho 入り)/NORMAL オケ
第拾壱话ED Rei 、Asuka 、Misato Ver/NORMAL オケ
第拾弐话ED Misato Main(Cho 入り)/NORMAL オケ
第拾参话ED YOKO TAKAHASHI Acid Bossa
第拾四话ED Rei Solo/NORMAL オケ
第拾伍话ED Misato 4BEAT
第拾六话ED 3人 Vocal 间奏スタート~1番后半/NORMAL オケ
第拾七话ED Aki Jungle
第拾八话ED B-4 ギター・ピアノ
第拾九话ED 3人 Vocal(歌い分け)/NORMAL オケ
第弐拾话ED B-4 ピアノ
第弐拾壱话ED (OA フォーマット版) 4BEAT(OFF)(65秒)
第弐拾壱话ED (ビデオフォーマット版) 4BEAT(OFF)(90秒)
第弐拾弐话ED (OA フォーマット版) Bossa Techno(OFF)(65秒)
第弐拾弐话ED (ビデオフォーマット版) Bossa Techno(OFF)(80秒)
第弐拾参话ED (OA フォーマット版) Rei#23(65秒)
第弐拾参话ED (ビデオフォーマット版) Rei#23(OFF)(90秒)
第弐拾四话ED (OA フォーマット版) NORMAL(OFF)(65秒)
第弐拾四话ED (ビデオフォーマット版) NORMAL(OFF)(90秒)
第弐拾伍话ED Rei#25
最终话ED Rei#26
DVDリニューアルED(DISC.1~8) B-4ピアノ(48秒)
DVDリニューアルED(DISC.9) B-4ピアノ(43秒)
And yeah, that "CLARE" is a typo exactly as shown in the booklet itself, it should say CLAIRE.

For every other doubt regarding the series and previous feature films soundtracks... Reichu covers it all using the all-encompassing NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: S² WORKS CD-BOX, even with demonstrative images on the usage of each musical piece:

Reichu's VGM : NGE S^2 Works Appendix
http://www.evageeks.org/s2/reichu_s2works_sgh.html

7Th

I think it could not be too bad; the character designs and art are at least better than Medaka's.

0MdJ0n2.jpg

Maybe it will be watchable? Perhaps?
Why, me?

Cast announcements for Genshiken Nidaime. Besides the newcomers (of which Sumire Uesaka is voicing one, the hyperactive fujoshi Rika Yoshitake), Ogiue has been recast from Kaori Mizuhashi to Nozomi Yamamoto (Yukimura in Haganai).

edit: actually, they may have announced they'll be replacing all the original cast? Can't quite tell from the source article. What does 上級生・OBもキャスト変わるよ mean? No more Hiyama as Madarame would be sad, though to be fair he isn't as energetic in Nidaime as he was in the original.

edit2: finally tracked down the key visual.

I'll be pretty disappointed if they change all their voices, but what can you do? Looking forward to it regardless.

duckroll

Suisei No Gargantia 3

Why is the pirate lady's breast so big?

According to Wikipedia:
Each breast contains 15–20 lobes. The subcutaneous adipose tissue covering the lobes gives the breast its size and shape. Each lobe is composed of many lobules, at the end of which are sacs where milk is produced in response to hormonal signals.

Narag

Not a different outcome, but definitely different events leading to that outcome, by which I mean added escalation. Let's just say if you thought the ending of the series was ridiculous in scale, the 2nd movie will blow your mind since it goes a couple quadrillion light years beyond that.

Liked the movie changes myself. Show escalation felt uninspired where the movie seemed to be a much better attempt at the action even if the tv themes were compromised some.

Idolmaster 22
Christmas is the season for lovers, sometimes the season for your familly but in this case it's to renew your links with your teammates.

They never told us how they got rid of all those cakes.

The OST for Sora no Woto is absolutely gorgeous. I was floored when I first heard it.

Just finished listening to the fantastic OST this morning actually, gotta love the variety and with most songs under two and half minutes nothing overstays its welcome. Doesn't quite dethrone the Cowboy Bebop OSTs but it's the closest to doing so in a LONG time for me.

cajunator

Banned
Just finished listening to the fantastic OST this morning actually, gotta love the variety and with most songs under two and half minutes nothing overstays its welcome. Doesn't quite dethrone the Cowboy Bebop OSTs but it's the closest to doing so in a LONG time for me.

Give a listen to the OST for Chihayafuru and Allison and Lillia as well.

Did you know they made a stage play of Robotics;Notes? Because they totally made a stage play of Robotics;Notes.

Oh man, live action Mr. Pleiades sounds fantastic. Also that robot fight in the video was cheesy in all the right ways.

Give a listen to the OST for Chihayafuru and Allison and Lillia as well.

Bah, I don't like listening to OSTs for shows I haven't watched and my backlog is big enough as it is, apparently I have to never stop watching anime to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom