• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

faridmon

Is it really a swimming Anime? I mean, is there a manga for it?
I have to admit, I can't even read it because of the font. Is the title of it Free?
Otaku are really sad creatures.

There is an Otaku in all of us.
I honestly don't know what is point, but felt like replying

tumblr_mlv5o4m3jx1rj819mo1_500.png

Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Glasses>Purple>Blond>Green>Black

My initial reaction for now.

cajunator

Banned
Normally I'd call recency bias, but this past year really did have an amazingly high number of GOAT-contender EDs.

So good Madoka stole the ending.

Gotta agree. the OP/EDs lately have been pretty stellar.
Some really fun stuff. In some cases more fun than the actual shows :(

But how would you spend some airtime with your waifus if other male vermins keeps them out of commission. Thats, totally, not cool!

Eh, I doubt that was the issue. The one male character that tried to court someone was totally inept at it, luckily in a sort of endearing way rather than a "OH MY GOD how are you so dense?!" way. Most of the other guys were friendly store owners who at most fawned over how adorable the girls are.

Oh, well I guess there was that pompous bird but even he was treated like a cute accessory on top of Tamako's head.

Jex

Normally I'd call recency bias, but this past year really did have an amazingly high number of GOAT-contender EDs.

Nah, it's not really a recency bias. I've seen hundreds of ED's in my time and the vast majority of the time practically no effort goes into them. As such, it's not that hard for people to produce ED's that stand out from the crowd, where as producing a truly mindblowing OP is much harder because the competition is considerably stiffer.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Its kinda surprising that shonengaf barely has representation in this thread.

Most of shonengaf has the good sense not to watch multi-year-long QUALITY-riddled glacially-paced animated adaptations if they're already reading the manga. I'm probably the only reverse example here who watches shounen anime but doesn't read the corresponding manga.

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

COLBERTGIVEITTOME.GIF

I am legit so happy for DTL right now. I mean, this is like if they made an anime entirely focused on [fetish redacted] for me.

Lol, amazing.

I've changed my mind. This is going to be great.

Edit: If this really is airing soon, it would have had to be in production/pre-production way before KyoAni was aware of the sales for Tamako Market and Chuunibyou.

Correct. I think it started pre-production in 2011; two years is the normal gestation time for KyoAni shows.

Soma

Oh so that's why there was so many pages while I was asleep.

Probably won't end up watching it, but nice to see KyoAni try something a little different.

A Comparison
Maybe he just doesn't like anime figures.
I am legit so happy for DTL right now. I mean, this is like if they made an anime entirely focused on [fetish redacted] for me.
Feet? Hair? Flat chests? Watching other people suffer through Brave 10?
It is a pretty stupid name actually.
I'm sure there is a good reason for it.
Maybe it's a story of learning to be free!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh the fuck with this, I'ma go watch Ultimate Muscle or something.

Something that can be entertaining.

BAD BOYS FROM OUTER SPACE

ULTIMATE MUSCLE

HERE TO BODY SLAM THE HUMAN RACE

ULTIMATE MUSCLE

HEROES RACE TO OUR DEFENSE

WITH STRENGTH AND SPEED AND FLATULENCE?!

ULTIMATE MUSCLE

ULTIMATE MUSCL*shot*

Kyoani is gonna make a killing in the fujoshi market.

Bluray/DVD sales for an all boys anime plus it's swimming? Check.
Merchandise featuring those 5 guys? Check.
Character and Opening/Ending songs by their favourite males seiyuus? Double check.

Welcome to the future of all Bro-on animes flooding the market guys!

I'm ready. This is overdue repentance for every uguu show I've ever enjoyed in my life.

Jex

There are some rather disgusting comments going around the internet with regard to Free!. Fuck (some) anime fans.

OceanBlue

There are some rather disgusting comments going around the internet with regard to Free!. Fuck (some) anime fans.

KyoAni is divisive once again! Just when you thought the complaints about KyoAni only doing moe anime were getting old and complacent, they unleash new havoc on the (English) anime internet thing.

I fucking love how the name for Free's OP is "Rage On".
Fitting i guess.

Non-stop PV time -- here's a quick one for the new Rozen Maiden series coming this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBRUo6O25Y

Quality is terrible because TBS's video player is terrible.
Ali project ... well that's to be expected i guess.

Not enough bread on the cover.
Fixed.

Not sure if want.
On one hand the show was one joke over and over. On the other hand XIAOMEI.
tired joke....Xiaomei.......FUCK.

Or you could just do as i did and just pick a fig and be done with this.

The garden... the garden is changing.

Don't be fooled ..this is in fact another garden .

Well this thread escalated overnight.

I agree. Precure Gogo Movie was very well done.. and Precure gogo was a fun serie overall.

It's just a shame you have to watch the first season ( horrible ) to enjoy the much improved second. At least the Yes! precure saga left us with 2 incredibly good movies.

I wouldn't exactly say the first season was horrible. I mean YES it went out of its way to kill yuri subtext by involving a creepy romance between humans and mascots, but at least that's done well, unlike the other series being one-sided shilly-shallying. Although the mascot voices wanted me to die. It also gave us Milk, who was great because she served as a foil for Nozomi, which continued into its sequel.

If anything, GoGo was a better sequel than Max Heart ever was.

Oh yes... speaking of which...

Fresh Precure: The Movie

I actually watched this movie before Heartcatch the movie as part of the only two things I watched. So lets sit down for a donut.

So in a way, I wanted to see how this play out, considering the Toy Kingdom existed in the TV series as well. We are then greeted with Setsuna eating a donut and Setsuna in pajamas. And then Love, the worst looking Main lead Cure in the franchise. Suddenly toys disappear, and its up to the Cures to rescue them.... suddenly wild Love's rabbit doll Usapyon appears. So we're off to Toy Kingdom.

Asking for details on Toymajin apparently scares the shit out of everyone but one dude, who then makes them play a board game, seperating them into different scenarios to complete. What bothers me is how Cure Passion
is capable of warping throughout the fight with the King, she doesn't do this in the TV show, dammit Toei
. Berry is in space, Pine is with a Dinosaur. And Then Toymajin decides to go Fuck this, TIME TO RUSH THE MOVIE. Which bothered me because the development of this place isn't really expanded on.

We find out the ambitions at least
Toys with Abandonment issues
and then shit goes down, then MIRACLE LIGHTS, USE EM YOU SHITS, and happy ending.

I will be honest. When I first watched this, it was for 16 minutes..... and then I played Guacamelee for the rest of the day. And then I went back. This movie wasn't that well done, the animation seems like a step down from Happy Birthday in the Land of Sweets (GoGo's movie), and Setsuna/Cure Passion was the only decent part of the movie. Too bad she's neglected in powering up.

I don't know, it just feels rather childish in comparison to the other movies
You mean a movie for KIDS is rather CHILDISH WHAT A CONCEPT
, and therefore I feel the need to say Fresh Precure is this in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom