• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she was the default winner of the show. I had no idea people disliked her. lol

She's generally the most popular because Japan.

But I guess for us non Japan people, many of us don't really like her because her progress came to a screeching halt after a point. I think it was her birthday arc or during the Golden Week Arc. She's been stuck in RomCom limbo for a while now.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko's Basketball OVA

A light bulb just went off in my head. My problem with the show is that the basketball is insane, but I just realized from this episode that if I treat the show as a yaoi harem with Kuroko as the harem-lead (of the reverse-harem useless girl type), this show makes perfect sense and is probably the best harem in recent years. Each of the guys went to separate teams in order to win Kuroko's heart.

Now I can look forward to season 2 without any regrets!

I like the show based off the basketball and the manga is very good. However I acknowledge the only reason this show is having a 2nd season (with all the problems of bomb threats to events) is because of the fujoshi buying all the Kuroko no Basket merchandise.

Jarmel

Banned
G Gundam 35-

HAHAHAHA so awesome. Having a problem with a technique that hits you ten times? Create ten Gundams. Oh god.

This arc has been so much better than any of the stuff in the first 25. This is what I remember the show being like.

Kuroko's Basketball OVA Tip Off

Omg that was as good as or even better than the actual anime. If only the series was only focused on the GoM and their bonding and games and what not then it would truly be best of the genre. The ova was everything I wanted from Kurokocchi and Kise, and even Aomine too. Akashi is super awesome and must return, easily my second favorite after Kise now or even favorite with Kise. Good voice, great design, personality is amazing, and I cant even imagine what type of skills he even has. And I guess he's captain so he must be even more stunning and skilled than Aomine.

Theonik

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 06
Agia Sofia and moses. I am so lost. So LOST ahahaha

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 07
What was the point of all that. I want my money back. I feel like I was trolled bigtime.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko's Basketball OVA Tip Off

Omg that was as good as or even better than the actual anime. If only the series was only focused on the GoM and their bonding and games and what not then it would truly be best of the genre. The ova was everything I wanted from Kurokocchi and Kise, and even Aomine too. Akashi is super awesome and must return, easily my second favorite after Kise now or even favorite with Kise. Good voice, great design, personality is amazing, and I cant even imagine what type of skills he even has. And I guess he's captain so he must be even more stunning and skilled than Aomine.

I don't know how far do they plan to go with the 2nd season. Based where the show left off there is a good amount of material before you meet the last 2 GOM.

cajunator

Banned
I love this phone.
its a million times easier to multiquote and post in mobile now.
yes I said a whole million!!

Hidamari Sketch 1

I know I said I wasn't gonna watch a show like this for a while, but I didn't know what else to watch and was in the mood for something simple and pleasant. And I guess this did the job. But why do these girls have their own apartments? And why does their teacher have their phone numbers?

I like the animation and the visual style. Very distinct, and surprisingly smooth from what I could see.

Wideface is your god.
you have to experience this in widescreen. It is the only acceptable way.

Yami is a thing. I think. I'm not sure actually. I've watched 5 episodes but the only thing I understand is great ballet poses and that her name is Quile.

You are doing well if you already understand that much.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tobobito 03
Suddenly beach episode. And wait. What. What WHAT.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tobobito 04
Dat Bishounen. Dem poses. Oh lawd this show. Why did she do that. Because reasons!
The hat is of some importance I bet it's the mystery to everything.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tobobito 05
Hi my name is Quile. Did I introduce myself? My name is Quille right? They call me Quile. Hi I'm Quile. Did I tell you my name? It's Quile. Hi this is Quile. Eat me, I'm Quile.
Suddenly derpdog bat thing. Because reasons. Hats. Oh god that preview. Fuck off elf shota.

Yami episode impressions are the stuff of dreams.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
She's generally the most popular because Japan.

But I guess for us non Japan people, many of us don't really like her because her progress came to a screeching halt after a point. I think it was her birthday arc or during the Golden Week Arc. She's been stuck in RomCom limbo for a while now.
Well, every character is stuck in romcom limbo forever. In some cases, they don't even bother writing an ending and just leave you to come up with your own ending. lol

But hey, at least they don't pull a Spider-man and kill off the waifu for the sake of change!

I like the show based off the basketball and the manga is very good. However I acknowledge the only reason this show is having a 2nd season (with all the problems of bomb threats to events) is because of the fujoshi buying all the Kuroko no Basket merchandise.
Given that these characters are better than every single NBA player in their middle school years, I just can't deal. I suppose in Japan, you don't really have the concept of professional basketball leagues, so it's okay that you seemingly have the best players in the world all concentrated in one city, but I just can't suspend my disbelief.
(If a player can hit full court three pointer shots 100% of the time, the NBA would find a way to pay off his parents and move him to America :p).

One I put on my DTL goggles though, the show becomes an amazing ball of homoerotic lust in sport form. It's glorious.

Jarmel

Banned
G-Gundam 36-

french-funny-flag1.jpg

Also holy shit at the glove slap, I was dying there.

cajunator

Banned
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 06
Agia Sofia and moses. I am so lost. So LOST ahahaha

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 07
What was the point of all that. I want my money back. I feel like I was trolled bigtime.

Yami will change your view about certain things.
it will also demonstrate the truest love.
isnt Lilith cute? Who are you? Where am I? Are you my mommy?

The Flowers of Evil 5

Nakamura's sasasasasa killed me. That said the last few minutes were gripping and they always seem to know what the best place to start up the credits music is.

Arata The Legend 5
tumblr_mmeluivlHG1sp1ktjo1_500.png

Why cant we spend more time with Arata in JPN...or are they leaving most of his experiences as manga exclusive. I think I may hold off on Pandora hearts manga purchases and just get Arata as this series is too good each week, and Im dying to explore it fully. Funny episode and the plot is moving in a direction I want.
Arata teaming up with Kannagi hopefully.

Theonik

Yami will change your view about certain things.
it will also demonstrate the truest love.
isnt Lilith cute? Who are you? Where am I? Are you my mommy?
Dat hat. It's too much for me.
I'm not sure about changing my views. But I have no idea what's going on.
07 was the most pointless episode ever.

Andrew J.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OVA 01

Compared to the TV series, this is much more...sedate, I want to say. Some of that is probably the natural consequence of Jotaro's stoicism and Joseph losing a bit of his exaggerated emotional theatricality with age, but I can't help noticing that the breathless narration is missing too.

Articalys

You know, for the longest time, for some reason I was under the impression that the CCS anime was some super long-running 100+ episodes thing like Sailor Moon, and only recently did I discover that it only lasted 70 episodes.

Syrinx

Princess Tutu 22

I'm saving the rest of this until after I get out of school. Shit is about to get cray.

So Drosselmeyer is the villain? That seems...odd. Drosselmeyer is certainly eccentric, even seeming sinister to some extent, but the villain? Maybe he's not the villain so much as the story he created. The story is controlling the world everybody lives in, after all. With as much communication as he's had with Tutu I don't think he'd be the baddie here. Or maybe Mytho is a walking time bomb that Drosselmeyer wants to activate, and he is evil...I don't know. I'll see.

Rue is breaking my damn heart. This better end well for her. She loathes herself so much she laughs and thinks the guy who tells her he loves him is joking. I guess he did just meet her, but infatuation is a thing. Plus, she's Rue.

Oh, and Mr. Cat is a G. This better have a good ending for him as well.

Idolmaster 25
Wow they really went all out in the animation for this episode.
I guess idolmaster was really a show were a lot of money was used because it's really impressive in term of camera angles and effects during the whole anime.

Except the CG public .....

This ending was great
Overall the music was good even if they really pushed the dlc costumes in this show ...BUt i guess i wouldn't have paid attention to this if i hadn't spend so much time in the damn game.

Articalys

Also, I forgot to do this yesterday, I apologize -- the weekly iTunes Japan Anison Top Singles:

10) ZERO!! by Minami Kuribayashi (Hataraku Maou-sama! OP)
13) Koi wa Chaos no Shimobenari by Ushiro kara Haiyoritai G (Nyaruko W OP)
22) Guren no Yumiya TV SIZE by Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan OP)
29) Fantastic Future by Yukari Tamura (Henneko OP)
30) Maji Love 2000% by ST☆RISH (Uta no Prince-sama 2000% ED)

31) reunion by ClariS (Oreimo S2 OP)
38) Yukitoki by Nagi Yanagi (Oregairu OP)
39) Boku Janai by angela (Valvrave ED)
40) Kono Sekai wa Bokura wo Matteita by Minori Chihara (Gargantia OP)
45) Space Battleship Yamato by Project Yamato 2199 a.k.a. every anison artist ever (Space Battleship Yamato 2199 TV OP)
50) Itsumo Kono Basho de by Ayane (Steins;Gate Movie ED)

edit: by the way, does anyone even find these interesting and/or useful? Because if not, it's a lot of effort and if no one's reading it I'd really rather not bother.

Jarmel

Banned
G Gundam 37-

ibqskPcU1ikKyO.jpg

Good God, Saichi is a boss. Man is literally missing his arms, has his stuff broken, gets pierced in the chest and still is able to beat Domon's God Hand. Too bad Domon is a duel wielder. Holy shit at that finale. He showed up both America and France. Kid is beastly, best member of Shuffle Alliance.

fertygo

G Gundam 37-

ibqskPcU1ikKyO.jpg

Good God, Saichi is a boss. Man is literally missing his arms, has his stuff broken, gets pierced in the chest and still is able to beat Domon's God Hand. Too bad Domon is a duel wielder. Holy shit at that finale. He showed up both America and France. Kid is beastly, best member of Shuffle Alliance.

My favorite episode (yes even to that episode)
Saichi is a beast.

cajunator

Banned
You know, for the longest time, for some reason I was under the impression that the CCS anime was some super long-running 100+ episodes thing like Sailor Moon, and only recently did I discover that it only lasted 70 episodes.

I remember looking at all the ccs dvds at Suncoast marvelling at the behemoth and thinking I would never be able to get all of it.
Then a heroic miracle company had a clearance on the whole set.
18 dvds for 80 bucks.
chance of a lifetime.
I should have bought two sets.
one was enough :)

Suite Precure 26

Everyone powers up, mainly the villains

For an episode that's on the adventures of Fairy Tones, they sure did fuck up significantly.

BACK TO SQUARE ONE.
mysterious whisper hoooo
. But it's okay, CAUSE WE'RE THE PRECURE! AND WE ALWAYS STICK TOGETHER! WE'RE THE PRECURE! BEST OF FRIENDS FOREVER!

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 11

This was a great episode. High energy, hard hitting humor. The gags were varied - very rarely resorting to the boke/tsukkomi formula - and their timing impeccable.

MnwG9TM.jpg

There continue to be entertaining reaction faces as well.

Fashion is the theme of the day, as Pink decides that it's high time she picks up a summer wardrobe.

8EGidG3.jpg

No, not you, Ruby. Wait, when did you become a shirt?

After several rejected suggestions, Ruby agrees to take Pink down to the ultra-secret members-only underground Jewelpet clothing store.

RaeXkDN.jpg

It's even got security ID cards and secret passwords.

The store contains all ranges of clothing styles

WTlzm84.jpg

and I do mean all ranges

but the problem is that everything is sized for Jewelpets - even XL hardly fits Pink comfortably. So Ruby, the dutiful friend that she is, goes on an arduous adventure to find someone willing to make a summer outfit for humans. I won't spoil the crazy antics she gets herself into, except to say that it involves one of the greatest poop jokes I have ever witnessed. Oh, my sides.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We have gifcam now. Can we not do the tumblr gifs thing?

Articalys

Actually, it's funny that Card Captor Sakura just got brought up again, because the most recent edition of ANN's The List is all about terrible dub opening songs, and CardCaptors is at spot #2 -- just above the One Piece rap, and just below Rayearth.

Idolmaster 26
This is trully the BEST way to finish this serie.

But damn if that movie preview wasn't freaking well done ( even better than the first )
Lol seriously this show has impressive animation in the most unexpected areas.

765 PRO GO !

General thoughts:
I dunno why i stopped watching all those years ago . i really regret it now since i really enjoyed the anime.

ON a technical aspect the anime is almost flawless with what it tries to do. All the songs are nice , and they are nicely animated.
The casting chemistry is excellent . Almost every time in high gear with fantastic results. and it had some very high points ( DAT ep 20 ).

When i'm back from my "hermit far from the society" holiday i plan to do another session of the game just for the fun.

Final note : 9/10

FINAL RANKING:
Code:
1-Takane Shijō
2-Chihaya Kisaragi
3-Azusa Miura
4-Makoto Kikuchi
4-Ritsuko Akizuki
6-Hibiki Ganaha
7-Haruka Amami
8-Yayoi Takatsuki
9-Ami and Mami
10-Miki Hoshii
11-Iori Minase
12-Yukiho Hagiwara
Ami & mami managed to get some places up because they managed to stay funny and entertaining (most of her jokes have been HIT, rather than MISS ).
Takane is the best, chihaya was great but ep 20 just made her spot even more obvious and azusa is waifu material so i can't help it.

Next watch is :
"AKB0048" or "AIKATSU" or "puchimas" or "LOVE LIVE"

It's idol overdose !!! i will watch them once and for all , even if i can't watch idol shows anymore.

Syrinx

I just remembered I never watched iM@S 26 and I probably should.

Also, R_thanatos, your idol rankings are acceptable. Makoto's too low though.

cajunator

Banned
Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo

Thank you kindly.

Actually, it's funny that Card Captor Sakura just got brought up again, because the most recent edition of ANN's The List is all about terrible dub opening songs, and CardCaptors is at spot #2 -- just above the One Piece rap, and just below Rayearth.

Cardcaptors is the spawn of satan.
The english version of MKR opening is fine.
its hard to fuck up that incredible nostalgic song.

Awesome! Brand spankin' new! :D

I hope the new iPhone isn't shit like the 5. >_>

Heartcatch Precure 38

Took you long enough Blossom! I like the song during the fight. :D

Yup.
whole family upgraded to galaxy s4.
except my mom kept her iphone 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom