• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Harming maidens... you're the worst!

ioDazT8rZYh1x.gif

Articalys

The dub does a good job in matching just how ridiculous and cheesy the show is; you probably can't really go wrong either way with G Gundam though.

Well, unless you have a specific preference for whether or not a certain mobile suit is called the "Burning Gundam" or the "God Gundam", at least.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm getting ready to start watching Nadia and I'm pretty damn excited. I gotta know though, is the movie worth a watch or no?
Are you talking about the Director's Cut? Probably not. You can get the same experience by skipping select episodes in the show, mainly everything in the island arc except 30 and 31.

duckroll

A friend complained about this today, so I think more people should probably be aware. There's something wrong with Sentai's blu-ray release of Kids on the Slope.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums...ollection-episode-11-defective-Japanese-audio

Episode 11 of Sentai's Blu-ray release of Kids on the Slope has defective Japanese audio.

It's another instance of audio that seems like it's predominantly coming out of the left-hand speakers.

This defect affects the entire Japanese audio track for episode 11. The English audio track does not exhibit this defect. The Japanese audio track for the remainder of the episodes in the collection does not exhibit this defect.

Yikes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
A friend complained about this today, so I think more people should probably be aware. There's something wrong with Sentai's blu-ray release of Kids on the Slope.

Yikes.
Official Statement:

Sentai Filmworks has received inquiries regarding our Blu-ray release of Kids on the Slope that we address through this response.

A small number of users have reported experiencing a technical issue affecting sound quality. The issue is isolated to the Japanese audio track of episode 11 (Blu-ray disc #2) on a small number of discs and is dependent on user equipment and sensitivity. The issue does not affect Sentai’s DVD release.

Sentai has established a customer service program to assist those customers who believe they received an affected disc. Customers can click this link to participate.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/sent...e-blu-ray-replacement-program/637556439604805

Mouryou no Hako - 1-4
This is going to be a real slow burn, huh. The characters aren't too interesting right now despite liking the setup. I'm intrigued enough about the show's fixation on boxes and what went down at the end of episode 3 for now. Episode 4 seems to be where things are getting started. I like it, but the pace can grind to a halt at times especially when the show focuses on Tatsumi.

Narag

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 34

OH. MY. GAW. Ever since running into Sriracha on a recon mish, Rekkua has become a TOTAL bitch. I don't even know why she pretends to like Char, 'cuz she's so hung up on this Sriracha guy that she's straight up mistreating errybody from Kamile to Char on. And if that wasn't sign enough, she's totally bonding with FA, who you know, is almost as bad as Beltachika!

Dammit Rekkua, you were the GOOD woman on the show. Now Lt. Emma is alone!

You know, the Argama loses at LEAST one Nemo pilot per episode, and they didn't get to resupply anything when at the Lunar City, so uh, where are they getting all these Red Shirts?

WAIT HOW IS ANY OF THIS CHAR'S FAULT? SCREW YOU KAMILE YOU FULL OF IT.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R] 075
Sure, there were two world wars and the sixties, but it wasn't that bad...

So what exactly was the Death-like villain inside Chibi-Usa's mind? A manifestation of her worries about Sailor Moon? It was made up of an EVIL BLACK CRYSTAL though, so I thought it was one of Demando's underlings, but they didn't actually go to the future so I don't know. Also, this show's continuous refusal to reveal Usagi as Chibi-Usa's mom is starting to annoy me. :/

P.S. Esmeraude is moé.
Based on Nafe's listing of anime OTs, Madoka's OT is currently the longest OT for an airing anime series, at a little over 4000 posts. At it's current rate the Attack on Titan OT could surpass that before the show is half over.
To be fair, the wait for the final two episodes of Madoka inflates the actual discussion in that thread.

Mature

Mahoromatic 2
Hey, listen up, Mahoro's got something important to say to you deprived perverts

So there you have it. Also, this show can sure alternate fast between cute and lewd. And what's with the depressing countdown at the end of each episode? Lot of conflicting emotions here..

Mahoromatic 2
Hey, listen up, Mahoro's got something important to say to you deprived perverts

So there you have it. Also, this show can sure alternate fast between cute and lewd. And what's with the depressing countdown at the end of each episode? Lot of conflicting emotions here..

The lecture doesn't really work considering Mahoro is so attractive. I watched this like three years ago and never got to the second season. I may rectify that soon.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Mahoromatic 2

If there are no lewd thoughts where do the babies come from?

CorvoSol

Azumanga Daioh 24

Oh man oh man Mayaa is the most adorable kitty and Sakaki being a mommy is just so daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. And then Sakaki was all "I like cute things, because I've never been cute." and Chiyo was all "No! You're cute!" And it was so DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Betterman 16

Okay, so Betterman is fighting some guy and they're doing all this cryptic mumbojumbo talk. Meanwhile, SHO THE COOL GUY WITH AN ACTUAL GIRLFRIEND! is fighting three other robots along with his ACTUAL GIRLFRIEND! Beats the living hell out of them and we learn that his brother's ghost, which has been haunting him since the Ajaunta Caves, is in fact the psychic emission of whatever is left of his brother in a tube the size of a fire extinguisher hooked up to one of these mechs. He kills it, and then we're left wondering if Betterman has (obviously) survived his battle with the other guy.

The Vision of Escaflowne 15

I SAID GAT DAYUMMM. Merl totally shut Hitomi down and called her out for her crap about liking Van AND Beautiful Sephiroth, which is ironic because Hitomi JUST pointed out to Milurna that Beautiful Sephiroth HAS A KID HE KEPT SECRET FROM ERRYONE and all. Wait, isn't this show about giant robots and not five way love triangles? WHY YES IT IS. And to prove it, two sexy cat ladies show up in robots with long flowin' hair. Oh and Van is tryin' to figure out how to fight in a giant robot and not kill anyone. We need a name for this common affliction of Mecha Protagonists. I want to call it Kira Syndrome, but Kira is hardly the first example, so I'm seeking candidates for a name for the thing that Mechatagonists get when they can't straight up kill people with their OP giant robots no more.

Articalys

I still don't understand how Manga-News is able to publish stories faster than 2ch, which means having to deal with their ugly watermark plastered all over everything. Do they have somebody stationed along the printing press for every single magazine out there or something?

CorvoSol

Code Geass 12

OH JEEZ SHIRLEY LELOUCH ISN'T WITH COLLIN, OKAY? Besides, y'outta be with Suzaku anyway, what with him being the hero of our story and all. Ugh and stop calling him Lulu. Is it any wonder Lelouch turned into Darth Vader? I mean everyone kept calling Anakin Annie and he became Darth Vader, so there it is. Oh my God did they just show little racist girl jacking off to a picture of Princess Euphemia? What is this, End of Evangelion 2?

Anyway, kinda surprised that Suzaku's taking so long to put it together who Zero is. Oh, and I kinda can't believe how dense Cornelia and her council are that they're ignoring the Minister's point about ruining the economy of Area 11. It isn't just that there will be no taxes, either, if you ruin their economy these people, already not fans of the occupant forces, would revolt. Also, I assume that Britannia occupies nations for reasons other than the sheer joy of occupation, because occupation is a pain in the ass, so whatever the gains, I'd imagine they can't just slaughter citizens in the streets. I dunno, its just incredibly dense of Cornelia's Council to ignore this.

LOLOLOLO at "he doesn't show his face because we'll know he's not Japanese!" because Lelouch looks more Japanese than Suzaku ever will. And I know that Lelouch's reasons are hardly logical for wanting to destroy the Britannian Empire, but man, when he does, that's gonna leave one hell of a power vacuum.

Dude, Lelouch is SO the villain of this story. HE EVEN MONOLOGUES OUT LOUD.

Suite 30 minuteCure 27

Note: second line is Fresh Precure related.

30 minutes to get ready for hiking! 30 minutes to bake some cupcakes, 30 minutes to realize that the hiking you're doing isn't as rigorous as you read.
30 minutes to end the world

Thanks Ellen, for continuing to be adorable. It reminds me of
Setsuna in many ways, except Ellen doesn't live with Hibiki, thus fully creating the OTP like with Setsuna and Love

Reason for the second picture was because seeing that actually bothered me. It also made me think about just how stupid Trio the Minor looks. Except maybe Baritone, but still. I guess the other thing I should mention is that I like how the stock footage was done with the addition of a new Cure.

Ako/Akup has a bit too much screen time for someone that isn't even important
which probably means something since this IS Pretty Cure

CatPee

So what have I been missing for the past year starting, AnimeGAF? Currently watching Gargantia, Hataraku Maou-sama, Chihayafuru S2, Date A Live, Hentai Ouji, OreGairu, and Devil Survivor 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom