• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Idolmaster 26
This is trully the BEST way to finish this serie.

But damn if that movie preview wasn't freaking well done ( even better than the first )
Lol seriously this show has impressive animation in the most unexpected areas.

765 PRO GO !

General thoughts:
I dunno why i stopped watching all those years ago . i really regret it now since i really enjoyed the anime.

ON a technical aspect the anime is almost flawless with what it tries to do. All the songs are nice , and they are nicely animated.
The casting chemistry is excellent . Almost every time in high gear with fantastic results. and it had some very high points ( DAT ep 20 ).

When i'm back from my "hermit far from the society" holiday i plan to do another session of the game just for the fun.

Final note : 9/10

FINAL RANKING:
Code:
1-Takane Shijō
2-Chihaya Kisaragi
3-Azusa Miura
4-Makoto Kikuchi
4-Ritsuko Akizuki
6-Hibiki Ganaha
7-Haruka Amami
8-Yayoi Takatsuki
9-Ami and Mami
10-Miki Hoshii
11-Iori Minase
12-Yukiho Hagiwara
Ami & mami managed to get some places up because they managed to stay funny and entertaining (most of her jokes have been HIT, rather than MISS ).
Takane is the best, chihaya was great but ep 20 just made her spot even more obvious and azusa is waifu material so i can't help it.

Next watch is :
"AKB0048" or "AIKATSU" or "puchimas" or "LOVE LIVE"

It's idol overdose !!! i will watch them once and for all , even if i can't watch idol shows anymore.

Your ranking is very acceptable.
with the exception of Makoto being a little low, you pretty much nailed it!
You are honorary idolmaster Nakama.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Actually, it's funny that Card Captor Sakura just got brought up again, because the most recent edition of ANN's The List is all about terrible dub opening songs, and CardCaptors is at spot #2 -- just above the One Piece rap, and just below Rayearth.

My judgment is definitely clouded by nostalgia because I'm actually nostalgic toward half of those.

Submitted for everyone's disapproval, two more truly, truly bad ones:

Fighting Foodons
F-Zero GP Legend

I just remembered I never watched iM@S 26 and I probably should.

Also, R_thanatos, your idol rankings are acceptable. Makoto's too low though.

Your ranking is very acceptable.
with the exception of Makoto being a little low, you pretty much nailed it!
You are honorary idolmaster Nakama.
Thanks cajun
As for makoto , she is at this position because well ... my trio is set.
Now she is just outside the podium despite her numerous achievements.
Do , all of you bear in mind that this ranking was made with the game and the anime stories in mind.

Why is nobody taking issue with Iorin being at 11? =/
Everyone is great a 765 , but you have to make a ranking and that's reality.Her good points are obvious ( and i like her game storyline ) , BUT i had to make a choice.
Also in the anime she is nothing but a classic tsundere with a big heart but they didn't gave her a storyline or a good episode ( like hibiki )..so that's it.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks cajun
As for makoto , she is at this position because well ... my trio is set.
Now she is just outside the podium despite her numerous achievements.
Do , all of you bear in mind that this ranking was made with the game and the anime stories in mind.

Everyone is great a 765 , but you have to make a ranking and that's reality.Her good points are obvious ( and i like her game storyline ) , BUT i had to make a choice.
Also in the anime she is nothing but a classic tsundere with a big heart but they didn't gave her a storyline or a good episode ( like hibiki )..so that's it.

Takane is my favorite.
the mature mysterious pretty silver haired goddess with a gorgeous voice.
Makoto is second, and the rest fall pretty much in the order you put them in.
The immature younger ones have to be in the back.

Jintor

Attack on titan 5

Well this is a weird episode too skip straight to after watching episode offer like for weeks ago. Lol anime clubs.

It's a double act with love live, amusingly enough

Jarmel

Banned
G-Gundam 39-

iHuIWEjuDoutb.jpg

The horse. Oh my god, the horse.

I haven't watched Max Heart so I'm not clear on that comparison, but from what I hear, she may not even qualify as "just there".

Like 2 other in the cast hse never had a real moment to shine in the cast.
They were great as support character but the focus was always on someone/something else.
In that aspect they appear undevellopped and "just there".

Great girl , but it was hard for them to add something significant that wouldn't be forced or boring.
So instead she was involved in plenty of events but not as a lead.

Shiny luminous ....Well is worse than that ..she was a central part of the plot in max heart but failed to gain momentum to the point that you feel that her stuff is boring and forced while the regular stuff with the old cast still is going strong.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
There are three fundamental aspects to being a Shiny Luminous. When you see a character, ask yourself:

• Is the character shoehorned into everything, regardless of the level of contrivance necessary to achieve this?
  • Does the presence of the character significantly impede the chemistry of other characters?
  • Is the character completely devoid of anything resembling a personality in spite of being a main character and a focal point of the narrative?

If you answered yes to all, the character is a Shiny Luminous.

There are two fundamental aspects to being a Shiny Luminous. When you see a character, ask yourself:

• Is the character shoehorned into everything, regardless of the level of contrivance necessary to achieve this?
  • Does the presence of the character significantly impede the chemistry of other characters?
  • Is the character completely devoid of anything resembling a personality in spite of being a main character and a focal point of the narrative?

If you answered yes to both, the character is a Shiny Luminous.

There we go.

I wonder if anyone else is a Shiny Luminous.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The results would probably make more sense if half of the generated words weren't otaku culture references or variations on "pervert".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom