• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

Hope prevails. Suck my dick anti-Spirals.
I always want to give you hope, man...

I think that translation gives the wrong idea. The Japanese wording is pretty clear that he'll be giving a talk about the animation industry - its current state and where it could go in the future. It's an education lecture, not a PR event. :p
Yeah, it gave me the impression they were referring to the "animation future" as in the whole industry... but when talking about the future I thought a producer could commence speaking about what steps they are making towards it, and that could include near future projects used as an example! ;-)

I know it's more hopefulness than anything. :-D

Anyway, I expect better things to come from the Shin-Bungeiza×ANIMESTYLE SELECTION Vol.40 event (called 今石洋之SPECIAL PART1) that is going to feature projections of Mr. Imaishi's Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann and more past works (http://www.shin-bungeiza.com/topics/1128).

duckroll

Great job protecting my dreams, duckroll.

Why are you so impatient? :p

Anyway, I expect better things to come from the Shin-Bungeiza×ANIMESTYLE ALL NIGHT Vol.40 (今石洋之SPECIAL PART1) event that is going to feature projections of Mr. Imaishi's Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann and past works (http://www.shin-bungeiza.com/topics/1128)

Yeah, I expect that to be interesting too. Even if there's nothing announced, these events where creators just gather and chill together talking about their works are usually cool. I wonder if there's going to be an Imaishi SPECIAL PART2. Maybe to promote the new series specifically? :D

Steroyd

shingeki no kyojin / attack on titan - 05

Then you have the titan-lesson time that probably should have ended up in one of the two training-arc episodes.

Unless I'm missing something about the lesson, it didn't make sense
blowing off a Titans head and it can still regenerate, but snipping a certain part of the back of the neck doesn't.

Granted the show gives quite a bit of room for error, because they don't know much about the titans, but still...

Jintor

blowing off a Titans head and it can still regenerate, but snipping a certain part of the back of the neck doesn't.

Granted the show gives quite a bit of room for error, because they don't know much about the titans, but still...

it's just a magic weak point. Just roll with it.

No wonder they're fucked though. That's some OP-ass zombies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

You have to obey the rules of the road and the one way system.

Jarmel

Banned
I think that translation gives the wrong idea. The Japanese wording is pretty clear that he'll be giving a talk about the animation industry - its current state and where it could go in the future. It's an education lecture, not a PR event. :p

Some call him an animator, he considers himself a teacher.

Coxy

Gargantia 4-5

nice mix of feels and fun.
I was just thinking that was a fine Kazuma Kiryu quality shirt when something very familiar to yakuza fans happened. I'm loving the little touches like how Ledo doesnt know how to swim or use chopsticks and how after a day of uh, adventure, he was eagerly eating the meat when he'd previously been weirded out by it. It all nicely tied up in the end as everyone doing something for him and him doing something for everyone. A surprisingly good advancement for what was essentially the obligatory beach episode

faridmon

Everytime I want to watch Attack on the Titan, I read the impression and decide to stay the hell out of it. Seems like a mess of a show. Thankfully we have plenty of show to immerse ourselves in.

Chihayafuru 2 Ep. 17:
While this remains some of the best show this season, I can't help but notice its shortcomings this episode. I don't know if I was distracted by its pretty visuals and its fantastical world and environment, but The Karuta itself is presented as ''sport''. Whilst should be obvious from the get go, I really liked how they added a more traditional aspect to it like losing and organically flesh it out. However, this Episode just showed the fact that, its getting closer to the ''sports anime'' style where they lose and win and then lose and win, depending on mood and moral that all of the sudden increases and decreases their skills in the game.
I hope the series doesn't rely on the stereotype of that genre and go on being a Slice-of-Life one.

Kurita

Everytime I want to watch Attack on the Titan, I read the impression and decide to stay the hell out of it. Seems like a mess of a show. Thankfully we have plenty of show to immerse ourselves in.

It's pretty good though, you should give it a shot.

Jintor

230px-Epistaxis1.jpg

There are three fundamental aspects to being a Shiny Luminous. When you see a character, ask yourself:

• Is the character shoehorned into everything, regardless of the level of contrivance necessary to achieve this?
  • Does the presence of the character significantly impede the chemistry of other characters?
  • Is the character completely devoid of anything resembling a personality in spite of being a main character and a focal point of the narrative?

If you answered yes to all, the character is a Shiny Luminous.

Excellent Mad pierrot . That's a quite accurate description.

And of course Iori fail at all 3 points so she isn't one

:MEGASDBURTON!

The Shin Sekai Yori manga got a 3P Yuri sex scene.

When i've finished my Idol marathon , i need to watch this anime.
( This decison has nothing to do with this news )

Pooya

Is this a sequel ? a prequel ? an alternate universe ?

If this is an anime spoiler don't bother.

the manga as far as I as know, it's same story overall, but it focuses way more on fan service. The anime is very serious and sexual content are very very little overall, it's part of the story though. So, yeah kinda alternate telling of same novel maybe, don't know which one is closer to the original novel, guessing the anime. The manga looked overly ridiculous once I checked.

sonicmj1

Mouryou no Hako - 1-4
This is going to be a real slow burn, huh. The characters aren't too interesting right now despite liking the setup. I'm intrigued enough about the show's fixation on boxes and what went down at the end of episode 3 for now. Episode 4 seems to be where things are getting started. I like it, but the pace can grind to a halt at times especially when the show focuses on Tatsumi.

Someone else is getting into it! Hooray!

The pacing is quite languid, and you haven't really seen the "worst" of it yet. But there actually are messages in those quiet moments if you pay close enough attention. The characters will get more interesting on their own.

I hope it keeps your interest.

Looks like we have the Kingdom s2 OP song and group

"GLORY DAYS" by D☆DATE, song contributed by FLOW's KOHSHI(Vo.)&TAKE(Gt.)!
http://mv.avex.jp/d-date/news/

Weekly Sales CD Single
*4, 22,193 22,193 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% character song "Idol Song: Syo Kurusu"
*7, 12,155 12,155 Arata Kangatari OP "Genesis Aria"
*9, 11,777 62,622 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% theme song "MAji Love 2000%"
44, *1,610 36,944 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% OP "Canon"

New releases bolded for your convenience.

Ah Re Ah. I love Genesis Aria, and I still listen to Syo's Challenge, his best song.

Weekly Sales CD Single
*2, 79,182 79,182 Crayon Shin-chan Movie 21: Bakauma! B-Kyuu Gourmet Survival Battle!! theme song "RPG"
*4, 22,193 22,193 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% character song "Idol Song: Syo Kurusu"
*9, 11,777 62,622 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% theme song "MAji Love 2000%"
44, *1,610 36,944 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% OP "Canon"

New releases bolded for your convenience.

Good for SEKAI NO OWARI and more Idol Power.

Erigu

[Shin Sekai yori]
the manga as far as I as know, it's same story overall, but it focuses way more on fan service. The anime is very serious and sexual content are very very little overall, it's part of the story though. So, yeah kinda alternate telling of same novel maybe, don't know which one is closer to the original novel, guessing the anime.
Yep. The TV series is quite faithful to the novel, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom