• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Each time someone mentions Kingdom is getting another season, I keep thinking of the Twelve Kingdom. And each time I realize it is the shit version of Kingdom, I simply cry. :'-(

I also really need to start on Twelve Kingdom after hearing all of its praises too. Might be time to pick up the first part of it on Blu-Ray.

Attack on Titan spoilers
Unless I'm missing something about the lesson, it didn't make sense
blowing off a Titans head and it can still regenerate, but snipping a certain part of the back of the neck doesn't.

Granted the show gives quite a bit of room for error, because they don't know much about the titans, but still...

Well they don't just need to snipe it. You need to make a very deep cut in the nape of the neck to kill them which is why they use very long flexible blades to do it.
They also mention this in the manga but I don't know if the show talked about it yet,
blowing their head off with canon fire is less 50% effective at killing them depending on the titan's size and where the canon hits. If the canon can obliterate that part of the neck they will die.

7Th

Hmm, these last two episodes may have looked cheaper than usual but there was first year that kinda sounded like Omigawa and that's good enough for me. A shame there's still no site of the red=headed girl in the OP.

Next week should be pretty good; it's by the director/animation director of that one Otome episode in the first half with surprisingly great animation.

Each time someone mentions Kingdom is getting another season, I keep thinking of the Twelve Kingdom. And each time I realize it is the shit version of Kingdom, I simply cry. :'-(

I also really need to start on Twelve Kingdom after hearing all of its praises too. Might be time to pick up the first part of it on Blu-Ray.

12 kingdoms is highly recommanded. The books are better but the anime is not that far behind.
Dat ambiant music.

Mature

So bad word of mouth after a massive fuckton of hype led to to this 32% reduction in opening week sales? Will be interesting to see what 4.0 does....
Yesterday I was reading through the 2.0 complete records collection translation and I was interested to see how much was changed on audience reaction alone. I wonder what that means for 4.0? :p

Tenumi

Banned
Smile Precure: 16

6zH57Go.jpg

Uh, Cure Sunny, you're derping a little there...

The animation was definitely off in this episode. Otherwise, just character development and battle.

Metrotab

Banned
Aku no Hana - 5

MC's goofy smile makes certain scenes pretty comical. Him geeking out over books too. I'm still puzzled by Nakamura's intentions.
She was pretty cute in her dress and thigh highs.

Karneval 5 - Circus Prescription
tumblr_mmfsldSBUB1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mmfsldSBUB1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Best scene enhanced further by Nai just sticking and clinging to Gareki. It just never gets tiring to see how close they are and then sometimes with Yogi there as their protector. Intense episode and young Gareki was nice to see. Hyped for how it ends and if Yogi can be even more flashier with his attacks.

mAcOdIn

Everyone should watch the Twelve Kingdoms, it's excellent.

The only flaw I can level towards it is that it has two many recap episodes, something like 4 out of 44 or whatever which might have been useful during the initial tv broadcast but is annoying on a home release where you're watching the whole series at a much quicker pace. It is the only show that actually develops the characters in a way that starts with me hating them and ends with them being some of my favorite characters ever.

Edit: Also, Twelve Kingdoms would probably be one of the few times I think you could have a true balanced waifu war without it being some obvious lopsided shit like Minmei versus Misa, Ranka versus Sheryl, Emi versus Chiho, it's so obvious the first I listed in each show suck and only the most insane people with poor taste would choose the former option over the latter. But in Twelve Kingdoms, they're all good.

Man, what's with all the hentai posts lately? Are things just that slow with regular anime lately or is there something mind blowing about these that I'm missing? Should I expect one of these to crop up as the new Bible Black?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, what's with all the hentai posts lately? Are things just that slow with regular anime lately or is there something mind blowing about these that I'm missing? Should I expect one of these to crop up as the new Bible Black?
The people here are a depraved bunch that prefer 2d to 3d!

/XX/

Recent Machi☆Asobi vol.10 event (http://www.machiasobi.com/) brings more animemirai project's staff talks to its attendees, so this time Little Witch Academia was a sure protagonist of the edition:

【マチ★アソビ】「トリガー×アニメミライイベント」に吉成曜監督、スーシィ役 村瀬さん、トリガー大塚社長らが登壇し「リトルウィッチアカデミア」制作秘話を語る | トーキョーアニメニュース – TOKYO ANIME NEWS
http://tokyo-anime-news.jp/?p=11067

Apparently, Mr. Yoshinari takes significance of how supportively foreigners received his short film, nice. What I want to know is what he exactly says about the next animemirai edition applications and its timeframe... is he really interested in participating again?

I'd also want to see TRIGGER Inc., putting to good use their online shop and offer a framed reproduction of that Shiny Chariot's show poster (http://tokyo-anime-news.jp/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/20130504-006-1.jpg). And did they, per chance, put more DVDs on exclusive sale there at the event like on previous ones?

I miss Joshiraku. The world needs more of it.
Yes
*nods in approval
Well, Mr. Mizushima appears to be a workaholic anyway, but I'm afraid he is going to be hands full for a time with both Girls und Panzer and the new Genshiken.

Cancelled. Aniplex budget diverted to Vividred Season 2 instead.
cajunator is duckroll's alt confirmed...

Theonik

Whatever are you talking about?

Whatever are you talking about?

Well we just had a whole page of reactions to this one

:MEGASDBURTON!

The Shin Sekai Yori manga got a 3P Yuri sex scene.

*NSFW* *NSFW* *NSFW* *NSFW*

and there were two yuri ovas talked about yesterday right? I'm not saying there weren't tons of normal posts as well just that there was a recent uptick in hentai chatter that I was wondering about. Though come to think of it the reaction to one of them merited adding it to the list, was that actually hentai or was I imagining it?

7Th

What I want to know is what he exactly says about the next animemirai edition applications and its timeframe... is he really interested in participating again?

Nah; he just says that he is very glad he had a chance to participate in a project dedicated to training the next generation of animators. The ending paragraph is something like "please look forward to both Trigger's and AnimeMirai's future works" but they're probably not the same thing.

Narag

Just the ebb and flow of discussion like when Precure gets a lot of attention and folk act indignant like they're in the wrong thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom