• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I can't say i'm interested in swimming anime at all nor will I probably watch it, but good luck to KyoAni.

I feel similarly about it. Not into swimming anime or the depiction thereof. not even in haremshits. Just bores me. I dont even swim much IRL. Its blah. I watched Tsuritama with mostly dudes in it because fishing is awesome, and if this show was about fishing I would totally watch it.

One of these days, I need to get into K-on, just to see what the fuss is all about!
One of these days!

K-on has very high production values, great characters, fun themes and ideas, and occasionally even music. Its just really cute, really well made, and really fun. Once you watch it, even if you dont like it, you will immediately understand its popularity.
Also Ritsu is the best.

Yes, if only because of how minor the announcement is vs. the reactions that it's set off in (some) people. The reaction is amazingly disproportionate to the trigger. Some people are clearly, personally offended by the very concept of KyoAni making a show featuring hot guys.

This is the internet. The most vocal assholes make this their playground. Im basically saying this shouldnt be even remotely a surprise to you.

OceanBlue

Yes, if only because of how minor the announcement is vs. the reactions that it's set off in (some) people. The reaction is amazingly disproportionate to the trigger. Some people are clearly, personally offended by the very concept of KyoAni making a show featuring hot guys.

It reminds me of all of the "WHERE'S HARUHI?! WHY ARE THEY DOING PLOTLESS MOECRAP?!" after K-On S1 aired. I guess people are really invested in whatever KyoAni does. I'd be included, though. :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
KyoAni is pretty much saying they don't plan to work on anything of value all year. Is that a minor announcement?

OceanBlue

Lol, clash of ideology!

Is it really? Maybe it's the same thing in a different wrapping? :O

There was plenty of reason to be skeptical. We knew that it was a project, but I think a lot of people (me included) didn't think it was a TV series. Once the CM aired and the references to the show were taken off of Animation DO's website, a lot of people (and myself) probably assumed that was as far as they were going to go.

7Th

KyoAni is pretty much saying they don't plan to work on anything of value all year. Is that a minor announcement?

The other choice was FMP with CG robots, people with taste weren't going to get anything either way.

Kazzy

Crazy how some people are so narrow-minded.
I mean, there's no romance/sex/whatever, I don't know how you can feel uncomfortable.

Because it's outside of their purview, and that unsettles them. Those who are uncomfortable with it, will likely take it as an affront that KyoAni are even making this to begin with, regardless of whether they actually intend to watch it.

Ultimadrago

Inferno Cop 13 [END]

I finally got around to finishing Inferno Cop. Alas, my full review has already been expressed in words:

whathesaid7md0g.png

Would watch an Inferno Cop Season 2.

Steroyd

Don't be fooled ..this is in fact another garden .

Not if Kyoani sell gangbusters.

"OMG the anime industry is really going down...seems like now i have the time to to graduate from college :/"

"Now proceed to apply lighter fluid to the eyes…
I honestly didn’t think I’d see anything more soul-crushing than Ouran Highschool Host Club, but I was truly mistaken. However it’s true that highly recognised fujoshi anime are far and quite few.

We’ll let you have this one… girls, we ain’t touching that shit."

"KYOANI SHOULD JUST GO BANKRUPT OR SOMETHING FOR TRYING TO CREATE AN ABOMINATION"

etc etc. I don't really want to post the offensive stuff.

KUuUgRj.gif

Yummy.

Probably as yummy as FFXIII going multiplatform.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I dreamed of nightmares. I awoke to nighmares. Woe is me.

Personally I don't care about the swimming thing. lol.

I feel similarly about it. Not into swimming anime or the depiction thereof. not even in haremshits. Just bores me. I dont even swim much IRL. Its blah. I watched Tsuritama with mostly dudes in it because fishing is awesome, and if this show was about fishing I would totally watch it.

I love swimming. I even loved Umisho ecchi smut and all. I'm very excited to see what KyoAni does with this.

Jarmel

Banned
But isn't it too early to jump to that conclusion as we don't even really know much about this show and that other new show they're working on this year?

Supposedly one of the themes of the show is the upperbody, like there was some serious emphasis put on this. I think the other two are water and friendship.

Heartcatch Precure! Episode 42

A wild pervert appears!

We start off with Dark Precure reawakening with TWO YELLOW EYES DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN

Back to the pervert. He got noticed and so they decide to look for him. A WILD LOVE LETTER APPEARS, but it was unaddressed. Tsubomi thought it was her time to shine, but Erika foils her since it said "A long time ago". Itsuki got shot down because she's popular with girls. What we're dealing with here is shota-love, and the wonders of falling in love with older women. As well as the downsides.

Yuri was the intended target of the letter. Unfortunately she said "You're like a little brother to me". That never really plays out well. Cobraja appears and turns it into a Desertrian. It appears Cobraja's time to be cleansed is coming close due to how weakened he was after the fight. DARK PRECURE IS BACK, and stares them down in order to retrieve Cobraja. She's the symbol of shit going down.

Hayato (the "pervert" in the image) may be a young boy, but he is one of the manliest characters given to us. He does what many think is unreasonable and/or impossible! He's a man trapped inside a little boys body, but at least he got the goods.

Supposedly one of the themes of the show is the upperbody, like there was some serious emphasis put on this. I think the other two are water and friendship.

That doesn't mean it couldn't be good. There's also the other new show they're working on that the name of is eluding me at the moment. The one with that old PV with magical people or whatever.

Yahari Ore SNAFU etc. 4

ipEeU0q3kIfux.jpg

Be still my beating heart.

Imouto was only in this for a short period of time, but the show made up for it by being incredibly heart attack inducing. One last potential best girl to appear next week, don't fuck this up SNAFUGairu!

Jarmel

Banned
That doesn't mean it couldn't be good. There's also the other new show they're working on that the name of is eluding me at the moment. The one with that old PV with magical people or whatever.

Again, I'm recounting secondhand sources but the director is supposedly a BL-fan. I don't know if it's going to be forgettable or bad but I would expect a lot of fanservice. The PV pretty much gives that away as well. So I think the trashy line is somewhat valid from what we've seen.

Madao

my dream of seeing Bleach's final arc animated by KyoAni would probably collapse the internet if it ever became true.

Again, I'm recounting secondhand sources but the director is supposedly a BL-fan. I don't know if it's going to be forgettable or bad but I would expect a lot of fanservice. The PV pretty much gives that away as well. So I think the trashy line is somewhat valid from what we've seen.

Yeah, there's probably going to be fan service, but KyoAni is pretty good about it not getting to much of it.
That said, I'll probably end up not watching it, given it's not really the kind of show I like to watch.

cajunator

Banned

Kyo-Ani arent the typer of studio that thrives on blatant fanservice. They are more subtle. By that I mean "trashy" fanservice. Im sure this show will still be tasteful about it.

/XX/

Petition | Animation DO and Kyoto Animation.: Make "Swimming Anime" CM into an actual series. | Change.org
http://www.change.org/petitions/ani...-make-swimming-anime-cm-into-an-actual-series

Crunchyroll, Inc., showing that influence in the industry! This won't be needed anymore.

One thing I don't believe has been mentioned here yet is that Free! is based on a novel that got an honorable mention in the Kyoto Animation Award contest, in this case High Speed! by Koji Oji back in 2011. Between this, Chuunibyou, and Kyoukai no Kanata, KyoAni has really been mining material from there.
Well that kills some hype considering how bad Chuu2 turned out. This is the same award where they haven't picked a "winner" for the past few years right?
Yeah, and if they liked those enough to actually make a series that situation always seemed rather cheap coming from them... what kind of "superior" winner are they expecting to receive one day?

I wonder if they'll buy Free! though. I guess it's too early to say considering we don't really know what the show will be like, but I have a feeling that while KyoAni has a diverse fanbase gender-wise, they haven't really attracted a fanbase which is into "boys being boys" so to speak. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.
The studio worked in a rather tasteful approach previously to show the full of illusion and fun bonds between classmates, and above all, friends. With rivalry included in the mix this maybe will aim to be more closer to a typical sports-genre show, but working those interactions between characters in a sweet fashion like they've done before is something I'd still like to see from it.

Jarmel

Banned
Kyo-Ani arent the typer of studio that thrives on blatant fanservice. They are more subtle. By that I mean "trashy" fanservice. Im sure this show will still be tasteful about it.

Other than them showing a dong and ass, I don't think the levels of trashy fanservice for males and females are similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom