• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

de_20130508223009kxjj4.jpg

delicious...

I don't know... there is something weird with their muscles and bodies.

I think they should look more like this:

And less like... this:

/XX/

Oh dear. I hope there's no bloodshed.
If someone loses both eyes in the fray maybe he/she sells his prized unit for cheap on Yahoo! Auctions... CHANCE!

Gargoyle's NeoGAINAX vs Imaishi's Nautilus
Nowadays, GAiNAX is the one fighting to survive and gambling it all for a few long-time dreamed projects without even a sure budget, and TRIGGER Inc., is the one associated with an evil conglomerate (guided by Yamakan, no less!)... :-D

7Th

Nowadays, GAiNAX is the one fighting to survive and gambling it all for a few long time dreamed projects without even a sure budget, and TRIGGER Inc., is the one associated with an evil conglomerate (guided by Yamakan, no less!)... :-D

KILL-LA-KILL is also produced by Aniplex, the MAFIA OF ANIME.

So, if it were two male leads, it's wouldn't be unappealing and dull?

Of course not, that would potentially be top 10 anime of the year material.

This is what I don't get, I remember you liking Symphogear despite the yuri-ish nature of it because the action scenes made up for it, and it also had character drama to, so why you're labeling Kill la Kill dull and unappealing already when all we've seen is a description and a magazine scan is a bit inconsistent.

On a whole I think it's just strange that you explore anime diversity, like it, then slink back to your rigid ways afterwards.

Well Symphogear had the music aspect which greatly complemented the action, this has, just action. Ill most likely still watch this assuming it streams.

de_20130508223009kxjj4.jpg

delicious...

Nagisa always looks the best, and Rin too, no matter his pose, Haruka too. Rie and Makoto seem like theyll always be not the direct focus, imo.

Kazzy

They look like swimmers to me. Michael Phelps looks like a weird dude. Most swimmers do.

Maybe it's a matter of preference, but its not the musculature that I find jarring, just the way they choose to convey that. I think there is an over-emphasis there, and proportionally, it doesn't quite mesh. But who am I kidding, it's what the people want!

Necrovex

Director: Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren-Lagann, Panty & Stocking)
Series Composition/Writer: Kazuki Nakashima (Gurren-Lagann)
Character Designer: Sushio (Kittan Zero, One Piece Movie 6)

Dat Gurren Lagann. I'm in.

No.
There is material for either a couple of oav and enough thing to do 13 episode but the current arc isn't finished.Besides The thing kinda lost momentum since then and the author hasn't outputted anything new.
They are great reads, but We have this big arc across 3 books and we're missing the last part.

Sadness. Well, at least we have 47 episode of pure goodness. So, I should be happy about that when I finally get around to watching it.

Theonik

Infinite Stratos 04
ibdB86hIIyLyzV.png

Dat old sister.
So we get to PLOT and seemingly continue the harem antics. Gee I really can't stand the MC at all. I do like the EDs though and how they made one for each of the Waifus.

It definitely is; KyoAni gave up in 2013.

KyoAni "gave up", if you want to call it that, when they decided to work on Chuunibyou in the first place. Their shift towards original properties (including adaptations of internally owned LNs) has, for whatever reason, coincided with a noticable drop in the craftmanship of their work.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nowadays, GAiNAX is the one fighting to survive and gambling it all for a few long-time dreamed projects without even a sure budget, and TRIGGER Inc., is the one associated with an evil conglomerate (guided by Yamakan, no less!)... :-D
All Atlantians are the same. smh
Of course not, that would potentially be top 10 anime of the year material.
You are truly shameless.
Is that a titan?

KyoAni "gave up", if you want to call it that, when they decided to work on Chuunibyou in the first place. Their shift towards original properties (including adaptations of internally owned LNs) has, for whatever reason, coincided with a noticable drop in the craftmanship of their work.

It's two shows, that's not really a trend, especially when they produced Hyouka right before this started.

Jarmel

Banned
It's probably going to be 4 seasons at minimum when all is said and done. I don't know anything really about KnK so that number could go up to 5. Part of the problem for Chuu and Tamako is the core material really isn't that strong.

Sadness. Well, at least we have 47 episode of pure goodness. So, I should be happy about that when I finally get around to watching it.

41 .There are 4 episodes designed as recaps in case you've missed some key points in the story. For 2 of them they also crammed some extra stuff in it so it's more like 43.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
firehawk loved Chu-Bra; should be a plus for him.
I suppose in the realm of girls being friends with each other and finding something strange to bond over (in this case, bras), then sure. lol
I don't know if I "loved" it, but for a show to build its premise around fanservice in such a way, it could be worse.

It'd be like an American TV exec making a show about being a Victoria's Secret model or something. In fact, I'm surprised someone hasn't done it yet.

jbug617

Banned
Infinite Stratos 04

So we get to PLOT and seemingly continue the harem antics. Gee I really can't stand the MC at all. I do like the EDs though and how they made one for each of the Waifus.

The MC is just plain stupid. I hope they address that for the reboot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There was a Playboy show a few seasons ago. It didn't do well.
Oh right, when network TV was trying to make their own Mad Men shows. I'm not sure anyone is interested in 60s Playboy though.

Hawaii 5-0 did do an episode based entirely around the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, so they had all the female stars in bikinis for half the time. Turn that into in a 24 episode series and make 12-year old boys everywhere really happy. lol

Sure. And looking up Kyoukai no Kanata's premise has me thinking that scenario is looking fairly likely. Ugh.

I was amused to see people praising Kyoukai no Kanata as some bold new step for KyoAni that would automatically be of higher quality than their past works just because it's action and looks to have a somewhat dark tone. The premise isn't much different from your average high-school supernatural action LN, the sort of thing that gets made into anime all the time and is mostly of little value.

But I'm not just talking about the scenario/writing, though that is part of it. The animation, art, direction, music: all of it has declined from the highly polished audiovisual experiences provided by Nichijou and Hyouka. And it's not like it's different people working on these shows. I'm not really sure why KyoAni is putting in less effort on their own properties, which are presumably meant to increase their prestige and self-sufficiency as a studio, than other companies' properties, but the evidence speaks for itself.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Venus R] 078
Sailor Moon excels at these comedy storylines. I know I harp on this a lot but this was very Goldfish Warning!-esque, down to the reaction gags. Best episode since the cat one in season one.
Minako is so moé omg (while Ami keeps on being a total cockblock). Although she does raise the question of just how
wrong it is that Mamoru is dating Usagi especially
when there are purer forms of love available.
tl;dr Makoto is still the best, but Minako is very close.

I was amused to see people praising Kyoukai no Kanata as some bold new step for KyoAni that would automatically be of higher quality than their past works just because it's action and looks to have a somewhat dark tone. The premise isn't much different from your average high-school supernatural action LN, the sort of thing that gets made into anime all the time and is mostly of little value.

But I'm not just talking about the scenario/writing, though that is part of it. The animation, art, direction, music: all of it has declined from the highly polished audiovisual experiences provided by Nichijou and Hyouka. And it's not like it's different people working on these shows. I'm not really sure why KyoAni is putting in less effort on their own properties, which are presumably meant to increase their prestige and self-sufficiency as a studio, than other companies' properties, but the evidence speaks for itself.

Considering Nichijou bombed hard and Hyouka didn't exactly set the charts on fire despite their extremely high production values, I do not blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom