• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puchimas - all episodes

It was too short , but it was fun .
They really thought all the situations and the characters habilities and i understand why so many people were gif happy during the releases

Some of this stuff is really gif worthy.
I just don't understand why they made haruka puchimaas version a total rip-off of the gremlins but it was still great.
Puchimas%21.jpg

Very nice ending indeed.

I will watch more if they choose to make more.
Ps: Azusa puchimas teleporting was excellent

Arata the Legend - 01
While it's one of the weaker shows this season the setting is at least interesting enough to keep me hooked... at the same time its so mechanically cliche in a lot of different ways, including the artstyle. Maybe its just I've been spoiled by the shiny finish of Attack on Titan / Gargantia that it makes it hard to accept something like Arata's art.

Jex

Turn A Gundam 1-

Well this is different. Art can be really ugly at times and really beautiful at others. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Also that Coming of Age ceremony....
The 90's didn't always tread Sunrise well. There were some sharp faces about.

Kids on the Slope 12 (end)

Finished this last night. Largely the last episode was kind of bad and really not what I was looking forward to as a conclusion to the anime. I think the anime really lost its way after the school performance thing. The episodes just trudged on with one or two memorable moments but nothing really satisfying after that. Final episode only picked up and redeemed the series once the halfway point was reached
Spiritual mix of the song was really awesome...but their designs...if Sen could have had a better outfit, though Kaoru was really good looking
. I guess an 8.0 series at the end of the day as I loved the friendship moments alot and the music but it was hard to really get into the drama moments when they dealt with the other cast members. Favorite song
The one that Riko sung but never got to do at the second festival :(

Will run through the dub in the coming weeks, or maybe even this weekend, maybe.

Mr.Jeff

Speaking of KyoAni, looking at their Wikipedia page, I saw that this thing - Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai - came out right before K-ON!. Is it any good, or is that the last vestiges of Key-Ani?
I wouldn't say it's Key-Ani but it's not really anything amazing. It has some nice ideas for a fantasy anime but it decides not to use most of them and just feels half-finished and dull. Speaks volumes that I honestly can't remember the plot.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Aku no Hana - 05

Another suspenseful episode. I was leaning back in my chair screaming "oh shiiiiit" when
Nakamura came up from behind and drenched him with that bucket of water

I cannot express how much I love this show, I just can't.

jbug617

Banned
Kids on the Slope 12 (end)

Finished this last night. Largely the last episode was kind of bad and really not what I was looking forward to as a conclusion to the anime. I think the anime really losts its way after the school performance thing. The episodes just trudged on with one or two memorable moments but nothing really satisfying after that. Final episode only picked up and redeemed the series once the halfway point was reached
Spiritual mix of the song was really awesome...but their designs...if Sen could have had a better outfit, though Kaoru was really good looking
. I guess an 8.0 series at the end of the day as I loved the friendship moments alot and the music but it was hard to really get into the drama moments when they dealt with the other cast members. Favorite song
The one that Riko song but never got to do at the second festival :(

Will run through the dub in the coming weeks, or maybe even this weekend, maybe.

They crammed a lot of things into the last episode. They cut a lot of things from the manga and the ending of the anime is different from the manga.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Aku no Hana - 05

Another suspenseful episode. I was leaning back in my chair screaming "oh shiiiiit" when
Nakamura came up from behind and drenched him with that bucket of water

I cannot express how much I love this show, I just can't.

Seriously the show is so amazing.

I just wish Nakamura got around to fucking with Saeki instead of the MC. Show needs some :SDBurton obviously.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
yessssss, 90s-style suspenders + crop top. My 12-year-old self who was led onto the dark path by Misty and Tifa Lockheart weeps with gratitude.

Shergal

The shorter girl has such range of expressions, she's great. The other one seems like she's never happy, poor her.

Cajun, do you still think they are meh? :(

Jarmel

Banned
But they look great in art books.

In stuff like the OP, it looks fine. In the show itself though, it's like everybody got hit with an ugly stick at times. The lips are a real sticking point for me so far. I want to like it though because there are people with skin colors other than white.

/XX/

The imageboards (or are those really backgrounds?) for the settings on this Mr. Imaishi series look amazingly cool as well!

Shergal

Also, the previous scan confirms that all the young animators that participated in Little Witch Academia will be working on the show.

And hey, there's another scan!
*Whoops, posted right above*
LOOK AT DAT BG

The hype is unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom