• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Looks like it's a fantasy setting rather than a traditional high-school anime; maybe it will really be Imaishi's Utena:

Also, the previous scan confirms that all the young animators that participated in Little Witch Academia will be working on the show.

And hey, there's another scan!
*Whoops, posted right above*
LOOK AT DAT BG

The hype is unbearable.

BUENO

It's like the 90s all over again!

Does this mean I'll finally be able to find a job?

Pooya

Those backgrounds look hot, pretty interesting.

well, we better get some kind of pv in a not too distant future.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Seriously the show is so amazing.

I just wish Nakamura got around to fucking with Saeki instead of the MC. Show needs some :SDBurton obviously.

Hahah I'd be down for that!

yessssss, 90s-style suspenders + crop top. My 12-year-old self who was led onto the dark path by Misty and Tifa Lockheart weeps with gratitude.

And here I was thinking I'd be the only one hyped at suspenders. Hell yeah!

Jarmel

Banned
But they look great in art books.

So I actually decided to look at the art books in particular and Loran is going to turn out be Laura isn't he?
Loran-design0-turn-a-artbook.jpg

Some of those shots look so feminine. I do think the designs themselves might be fine but whoever adapted it due a horrendous job.

Theonik

So I actually decided to look at the art books in particular and Loran is going to turn out be Laura isn't he?

Some of those shots look so feminine. I do think the designs themselves might be fine but whoever adapted it due a horrendous job.
You weren't reading my impressions were you? You are in for a nice ride!
Rumour has it the director wanted the MC to be a female at first but studio heads shot him down. He took his revenge after that. Oh trust me he did.

7Th

Some other stuff from the magazine:

-Ryuuko and Satsuki are both the protagonists; not one more important than the other.

-It has a huge cast, but Nakashima says that there are no throw-away characters; everyone fits perfectly into the story. There is a lot of character development.

-There ARE male characters; Sushio says that he is getting to draw quite a few handsome dudes.

-The setting is some sort of industrial-age post-apocalyptic Babylon Tower.

-In the setting, uniforms vary based on each person’s talents and they give them power accordingly in the right fields. Satsuki wishes to conquer the Academy with her power while Ryuuko stands in her way.

So basically, all the fears people had were unfounded. THIS HYPE TRAIN IS PERFECTLY SAFE!

That reminds me... would you have preferred Mai Yoneyama as character designer, 7Th?

No, I just didn't expect Sushio because he has been inactive (as far as animation is concerned) for at least a year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I hope those Utena comparisons are apt.

My gut tells me this is just the new Penguindrum though.
because its gonna suck bad

Jarmel

Banned
You weren't reading my impressions were you? You are in for a nice ride!
Rumour has it the director wanted the MC to be a female at first but studio heads shot him down. He took his revenge after that. Oh trust me he did.

Now I'm somewhat scared. My first reaction was that he's a trap but too many of the scenes wouldn't make sense if he was a female. Oh god.

Jarmel

Banned
Hand-to-hand also includes the sword; they just meant that no robots will be involved. (It was kind of in reference to Gurren-Lagann...)

Alright, that's a lot better.

Why wouldn't you want hand-to-hand action?

There are very few animators who I think can do hand-to-hand scenes well. Without weapons, the sole difference between the two parties would be the different styles they use. It's not so much an issue of fluidity but rather capturing the body movements and positioning. With weapons, there is more leeway due to the difference in weapons used.

Dresden

There are very few animators who I think can do hand-to-hand scenes well. Without weapons, the sole difference between the two parties would be the different styles they use. It's not so much an issue of fluidity but rather capturing the body movements and positioning. With weapons, there is more leeway due to the difference in weapons used.

Dude, consider the folks working on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom