• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why it makes this season so amazing. She just says one small thing that makes the guy get all dokidoki and in her face. There's no real need for her to play the shrink this time around, solving all their childhood problems and insecurities.

When you watch this episode, you'll be amazed at how the problem solves itself and how little she actually needs to do to get the guy. lol

Well some hype again then. Mostly for just watching everything resolve itself.

Jesus, those eyes.

Eyes that make you go doki-doki and all your traumas solve itself!

Steroyd

cold, dead eyes.

xZrxmTx.png

jgminto

Gunsmith Cats 2

It's so good to see 2D cars again. When was the last time I saw them? The action was hot whether it was guns, cars or both. The characters are really fun. The girls have a nice dynamic and Bill is cool too.

Gunsmith Cats 3

Rally's showdown with the Russian was awesome. Great action and tension once again. And I guess that's it. I WANT MORE!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
A bunch of people on that board translated the Imaishi and Nakashima interview.

edit:
Q: How did you undertake the script writing?
Imaishi: Just a few people. Actually, Nakashima wrote most of the 2-cour script. The Nakashima concentration in this script is very high!
Nakashima: Actually, we wanted to have the "battles with special powers" thing for the whole story so we considered having a lot of writers to provide some quality variety. But then, the character drama started getting intense, so … "then I'll write the next script, .. and the one after that, and after that too". Before we knew it, I'd done most of the writing. It was like TWENTY-FOUR.
Imaishi: It was a pleasant surprise to have had Nakajima write almost all of the episodes' script.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

cajunator

Banned
Gunsmith Cats 2

It's so good to see 2D cars again. When was the last time I saw them? The action was hot whether it was guns, cars or both. The characters are really fun. The girls have a nice dynamic and Bill is cool too.

Gunsmith Cats 3

Rally's showdown with the Russian was awesome. Great action and tension once again. And I guess that's it. I WANT MORE!

Watch ex driver and oh my goddess and Youre under arrest for more 2d car excellence.

Also watch Burn up W for more fun police action stuff.
and Rio.

Theonik

Gunsmith Cats 02
Nice driving action again.
Russian girl is awesome.

Gunsmith Cats 03
That showdown. Too good. Dem boobytraps.

Tenumi

Banned
Yuyushiki: 05

This show is deep. Seriously though, a lot of talk about death and dieing, preceded by a flashback to second grade love. I don't care that its so random, I like it like this. Its entertaining me.

-Horizon-

Infinite Stratos 9

A few things:

Ichika is a blockhead but that's just stating the obvious.

Laura has declared who her waifu is and has the resources to back her up.

Chifuyu-nee in a swimsuit... *nosebleed*

And Ichika's reaction
to seeing his sister in a swimsuit, obvious sis-con and every other girl automatically lost haha.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Infinite Stratos 9

A few things:

Ichika is a blockhead but that's just stating the obvious.

Laura has declared who her waifu is and has the resources to back her up.

Chifuyu-nee in a swimsuit... *nosebleed*

And Ichika's reaction
to seeing his sister in a swimsuit, obvious sis-con and every other girl automatically lost haha.

At the VERY least, his sis-con is for an OLDER sister who is smoking hot!

Mobile Police Patlabor OVA 2

It's amusing that the "American" (but not too American!) Kanuka Clancy looks more Asian than any of the other characters. Also that the Second Unit members go crazy over her speaking English (imagine that, a member of the NYPD speaking English!) when she has completely atrocious pronunciation. I'll give the voice actress that at least you can kind of distinguish the words she's intending to say, though she only has a couple English lines.

And all that shading! Some of the Patlabor shots were particularly noteworthy in this regard. This must be one of Otaking's favorite anime.

Anyway, the cast dynamics continue to be what drives this series. There's good chemistry between the members which makes their interactions entertaining to watch. The plot was also more engaging than the first episode, with a well paced climax that builds tension and releases it in a satisfying manner. The exposition lecture was unnecessary, unless this Babylon Project plot thread is going to reappear later, but it's very like Oshii to flesh out the setting in that manner.

So I was eating lunch with one of my 6th grade classes, and I noticed a normally quiet girl reading a book. I went to ask her what it was, but she she put her hand on the cover, telling her friend that there was no way I'd recognize it.

I managed to take a peek at the cover, and realized it was Nichijou. I had a tiny freak out and discovered that she's a massive Nichijou fan who owns all the books and manga, has CDs and stickers and shit. We totally bonded over our love for that show. I think she and I are gonna be getting along just fine from now on.

This girl will grow up to be just fine.

As great as all the Newtype news has been, I still want to see the first trailer of the show in motion before I get uncontrollably excited.

Speaking of Newtype, apparently its readers really, really liked Gothicmade.

Omg Kodai finally making it on a poll, go Yamato 2199. Glad for Eren...hopefully another character appears on it soon too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
never watched it. would you say its better than imas? only reason i watched any imas was because of makoto
I never finished Puchimas, so I have no idea!

Didn't :7th already mean something else before?

Does anyone care?
I think that was before SDBurton was around. I just remember 7th pushing the lesbian UtaPri route when the first season aired. lol

At the VERY least, his sis-con is for an OLDER sister who is smoking hot!
Chifuyu-nee, sniffing those boxers!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Heartcatch Precure 46:

Yeah, I saw that coming a mile away, when they first mentioned waaaaay back that
Moonlight's father went to study something and never returned.
Looks like that's coming to a head next episode.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
All this talk about some Yuri-fest battle anime and nobody is excited about Maken-Ki, a battle anime about an all girls school, getting another season?

Psssshhhh

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
All this talk about some Yuri-fest battle anime and nobody is excited about Maken-Ki, a battle anime about an all girls school, getting another season?

Psssshhhh

I didn't even know there was a first season. How many episodes?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Complete Imaishi & Nakashima interview http://pastebin.com/HdQXbH2H
Sushio interview http://pastebin.com/9cDsZjET

EDIT:
Q: As the setting is an Academy this time, I believe you'd drawn a lot of characters. Have any of them particularly made an impression on you?
S: They've only just started moving, so I don't have impressions yet per se - but I've drawn a lot of handsome guys (studs).
Q: Handsome guys!?
S: I was told drawing a lot of handsome men would be hot, so I'm doing my best to draw them (lel).
HANDSOME HOT MEN, DTL HYPE LEVELS RISING

edit2: CHARACTER PROFILES
MATOI RYUUKO
A 17 y/o girl who transfers into Second Year, Class E (甲)at Honnouji Academy. Has a huge single-bladed scissor, searching for the lost half. In an Academy ruled by power and authority, she has a fated encounter.

KIRYUUIN SATSUKI
18 y/o girl and Student Council President of Honnouji Academy. Rules the school with an iron fist. She assesses the students' abilities, and holds the position/authority to draw out power surpassing that of humans. What does she see with those eyes?

In Trigger terms, I think it will be a work that has Inferno Cop's soul and Little Witch Academia's attention to detail... I hope that doesn't bring misunderstanding... Well, let's just say it's Trigger at all-out war.

Way too much hype. I desperately need the new issue of Newtype so I can cuddle with it in bed.

7Th

God no, please keep the guys out. Pleeease.

Eh, the main focus of the story is the relationship between Ryuuko and Satsuki; as long as they don't ruin that, guys are allowed to get in. I mean, it worked fine for Diebuster, Re:Cutey Honey and Utena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom