• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuroko's Basketball NG Shuu 08

FnP1V2Ml.jpg

Tee-hee~

Huh, didn't realize Takao is voiced by the same guy who did the 2nd ED. Also gonna be voicing the second best guy in FREE! and singing their OP. Yay more OLDCODEX.

Suite Look at all these fucksCure 42

That literally sums up the first half of the episode

More specifically
The G Clefs in the Score was fake, and the real ones are the Cure Modules. Since those of evil can't touch it, they pretty much relax to the point of seeing through Baritone and BassDrum's plan

In other words
2QpdJ.gif

Of course they got complacent
Falsetto steps in and controls both Seika and Waon, that fucker, to steal the modules, but Ako swapped them out with fakes. However, they end up giving the possessed the modules because they were threathened. The purity disrupted Noise's control over em, and the side villians were hesitant. Upon picking them up, they were purified and they heel turned to give it back to the Cures before being repossessed. Post battle, everyone is down

This episode is a perfect lesson of what happens when you get too complacent with how things are set up, and luckily the lack of focus on
Ako
is making this more bearable. I guess 35-39 or something was the rough patch. Gonna finish this up tomorrow.

Dresden

valvrave - 05

Somewhere in the latter half of episode 3, it jumped the shark, but the shark never jumped.

Last two episodes have been quite a ride. I'm in it to the bitter end now.

p.s. saki rulez shoko sux

Jex

[Valvrave] - 5

A weeks ago I stated that this show would only be entertaining while it kept throwing new twists and nonsense at the audience and that as soon as that died down the show would be quite difficult to watch. Luckily for us, the show hasn't run out of dumb, shocking things to do as of yet. As such it remains thoroughly watchable, thanks in part to the relatively consistent storyboarding/direction which, while they never bowl me over, are very solid.

Also, L-Elf watches you like a creeper:

jgminto

Valvrave 5

They took the entire city but all of the people living there suddenly disappeared. Who lived in the city? There was sadly little Eru Erufu this episode, which is always a shame. But I love that they are just letting an elite operative for the enemy forces walk around on his own. They aren't even trying to watch him. And then a music video happened. Yes, that was amazing. Then the
other Valvraves are discovered and clearly best girl made her move for the protag over dumb girl.
It should make for an exciting next episode, with hopefully more Eru Erufu.

Valvrave 5

Between this, Crime Edge, and Utena I feel like I've fallen into slap heaven this week. It was another entertaining episode, but the "musical" bit underdelivered a bit. I lost it when the music came on
during the kiss.

Jex

All important Valvrave rankings:
  1. Saki Runko
  2. Takahi Ninomiya
  3. Shoko Sashinami
  4. Nobi Marie
  5. Rion Nanami
  6. Aina Sakurai
  7. Akira Renbōkoji

Jex

Yeah, I don't actually know anyone's names either because this isn't a show where you remember, er, anything for very long because too many stupid things are happening.

Yes, Takahi is drill-hair.

Yeah, I don't actually know anyone's names either because this isn't a show where you remember, er, anything for very long because too many stupid things are happening.

Yes, Takahi is drill-hair.

They barely mention any of the students' names in the show besides Saki and Shoko.

You can't remember what you were never told in the first place.

Jex

For reference, the middle girl in Dresden's picture is is Nobi Marie.

The teacher is Rion Nanami.

The girl who looks like Anaru is Aina Sakurai.

Computer girl is Akira Renbōkoji.
They barely mention any of the students' names in the show besides Saki and Shoko.

It just goes to show how important the character drama in the show is!

trejo

Valvrave 5

Should I laugh? Should I cry?

I don't even know anymore and we're only halfway into the season.

I get the slight feeling this show will break me once all is said and done.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Photokano 6

So are they taking the Amagami SS route with this show? Its hard to tell.
I'm :kayos about that as well.

SNAFU 6
E8bBvzql.jpg

Creepy anti-social protag is actually creepy, go figure!

wDnP41Sl.jpg

And that actually makes the self-aware lampshading actually not hypocritical. (It's still stupid, of course, since as the god damned writer, you could solve that problem very easily :p)

Also, a random trend I started noticing... I watched the ED for the first time and saw this:
dqffZrFl.jpg

And it seems like a lot of animes have just done the "let's put the girls on the show in the most vanilla pseudo-sexual-but-not-really poses ever. Even the first Hyouka ED couldn't resist doing it with Chitanda and Mayaka.

I'm not sure what purpose it serves. Are they supposed to look inviting to the male viewer? Are they presenting?

Ah, anime.

I... err... is this new?

Its been reported that the MAIN CHARACTER of Hayao Miyazaki's Kaze Tachinu has been cast and its... err... Hideaki Anno.

No, there is only 1 Hideaki Anno. Yes, you're thinking of the same guy.

I... don't know. My head hurts.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...0005-cine-movi

http://amd.c.yimg.jp/amd/20130510-00000005-cine-000-4-view.jpg

Are you sure it's THAT Anno. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom