• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 68: To El Facil

~ I'm Yang Wenli. Pleased to meet you all. ~

DwRCie8.jpg

Brilliant speech by Yang! Truly uplifting and revolutionary.
Poor Bucock, not getting his well deserved rest with his wife.
And it seems von Mariendorf's prediction is coming true: all the anti-Imperial forces are committing themselves to Yang Wenli, the man himself be damned.

Hataraku Maou-Sama

If you would have told me that my favorite show of this season would be about Satan working at McDonalds, I would have laughed in your face.
i7RTIf59KeGrK.gif

JCG

Also, They couldn't have animated the rest of the crowd? It is just the dancers and the most enthusiastic male spectators.

But if they had animated the rest of the crowd, where would they get the budget for the action sequences in the next episode(s)?

You have to save up on the cash somewhere. I support assigning more Aniplex money to the 2D/3D robots over the dirty bags of human flesh in Valvrave.

Can anyone lay out a scenario where the students try to arrest L-Elf that doesn't end with tons and tons of murder?

Impossible. Which is why I have no issues with his implied disappearing act (other than the fact that less L-Elf made the episode less entertaining, even if it was still funny).

What episode is the gif from? To be honest all of the characters bore me. I just wanna watch girls going wild.

It's from episode 5.

You're aren't missing anything. Also, They couldn't have animated the rest of the crowd? It is just the dancers and the most enthusiastic male spectators.

Fully animating crowds is hard. Seriously. It's very rare that you'll see it done in TV anime; the extra effort and time is usually not worth it in the scheme of the overall production schedule.

I've seen others express similar sentiments, so let me pose an open question:

Can anyone lay out a scenario where the students try to arrest L-Elf that doesn't end with tons and tons of murder?

L-Elf has proven more than capable of taking on any number and kind of forces against him.

Go_Ly_Dow

Valvrave is the greatest rave in the universe!

Also I love how it takes so little convincing to get people on board. Usually with shows that give you unintentional laughs you have to get a collective backing, but with Valvrave it just takes a screenshot or a .gif! :D

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Valvrave the Liberator] 05

words words wet shirts words words slapkuga words words words words Kurenai did it better words words words

Quasar

Watched Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! last night. Much more touching than I expected it to be. And did manage to extract a couple of tears.

I wonder how likely more episodes is. Or am I better off look for light novels (or at least summaries)?

Watched Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! last night. Much more touching than I expected it to be. And did manage to extract a couple of tears.

I wonder how likely more episodes is likely. Or am I better off look for light novels (or at least summaries)?

It sold mediocre enough that I wouldn't expect another season, though anything is possible.

Metrotab

Banned

I wonder how likely more episodes is likely. Or am I better off look for light novels (or at least summaries)?

Is that the Papa No Bla Bla Long Title show? Because that show managed to contain a very heartwarming narrative about family struggle in its fanservice-laded framework. Surprisingly well done.

Accel World 4 (engdub)

I guess their showing the uncensored version or whatever, if I remember the car scene had a huge laser light over the entire front of the car, where here, in viz's its not there anymore. Anyway whole final moments were my favorite moments of this first arc or so next week
Taku/Cyan Pile v Haru, yes, when they raced at the start to say Burst Link in the hospital

Valvrave The Liberator: Episode 5 – Singing Sakimori Academy
tumblr_mmlx08A7oa1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mmlx08A7oa1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Unfortunately, I dont get MBS here...Fanservicy moments of the first half were kind of the low points of the anime thus far but I was able to easily forgive once the other stuff got going. I like the brief moments of moving the plot forward with Dorssia stuff and ARUS stuff there happening (wonder when either nation will make a move), as well as the ever evolving and deepening mystery of the Valvraves and that which L-elf is after. Ending there is compelling
Ruki(sp) seems like she cant really be trusted in my opinion, and like Shoko I feel as if she is also being setup to the die, but then both are in the OP...so maybe not soon. I hope L-elf snatches one of the machines before the others get their hands on it.Why didnt the lady as if this was sexual intercourse when Haruto and L-elf were biting :(

Song was awesome and memorable, I replayed it at least three times "I know you are hero...in you are life". So many good scenes.

Valvrave 5

3. WHY IN GOD'S NAME DID THEY LEAVE L-ELF TO ROAM FREE?

Why do people hate Q-vier so much he hasnt even done anything for two episodes now, lol.

Anyway I think only Haruto Rukino(sp?) only know of L-elfs true affiliation and I guess he and Haruto have came to a peaceful understanding and future promise so I doubt there was a reason to tie him up permanently, I guess.

Thoraxes

Valvrave the Liberator - 01

da fuck
wat

Shoko!!!!! Why did the best girl die already?

wait wat

wat

/ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

CorvoSol

I'm not gonna lie, guys. I'll like Valvrave if it turns out to be more about high school students trying to run their own nation than needy pretty boys crying out for attention in desperate and violent ways, as it has been so far. Matter of fact, I think I need to contact my local otaku with drawing skills and get us an animu about this.

There's smut and then there's GIGANTIC FLOATING BOOBS.

Well you did pick the absolute weirdest episode to watch. That episode is not indicative of what the rest of the show is like.

The rest of the show is about boob sucking.

I'll have to pm you a .gif from it some time later.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not gonna lie, guys. I'll like Valvrave if it turns out to be more about high school students trying to run their own nation than needy pretty boys crying out for attention in desperate and violent ways, as it has been so far. Matter of fact, I think I need to contact my local otaku with drawing skills and get us an animu about this.

You're watching the show for the wrong reasons. Fix this.

CorvoSol

Better question is why didn't they invite him to be part of the music video.

At least then he wouldn't be out doing whatever it is needy white-haired pretty boys do when they need attention. This kid killed Haruto, they're floating in space and have pissed off the international community. He blew stuff up the other day. WHY ARE THEY LETTING HIM ROAM FREE?

Why do people hate Q-vier so much he hasnt even done anything for two episodes now, lol.

Anyway I think only Haruto Rukino(sp?) only know of L-elfs true affiliation and I guess he and Haruto have came to a peaceful understanding and future promise so I doubt there was a reason to tie him up permanently, I guess.

Because Q-Vier is a shitacular character. A child soldier with a penchant for bloodlust? OH BOY HOW LONG DID IT TAKE 'EM TO COME UP WITH THAT ONE? CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO CRY WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE INEVITABLE Q-VIER GUILT TRIP EPISODE HAPPENING BEFORE OR AFTER HIS KARMIC DEATH.

The villains in Valvrave are like distilled, stock enemy tropes. That Q-Vier is basically the exact same character as Gundam AGE's Desil doesn't bother anybody else?

You're watching the show for the wrong reasons. Fix this.

I watch it to see Haruto ride that pony of fame as long and hard as he can. You know he's gonna mess things up with Shoko, realize he wants her instead, and go to be with her. You know he and L-Elf are either gonna have a bronderstanding, or a brodown. You know his mecha will blow things up and look half okay doing it (GUH CG MECHA).

What you don't know is how utterly cray his ride of fame, hookers, and blow will be. Guy is world famous and has his own country and a monopoly on force therein. This gon be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom