• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Photo Kano 3

photokano3.jpg

i can't get over this dudes face, jesus christ.

mangagaf smutgaf awaits.

Man thats even worse than those shopped Kanon 02 pics.

cajunator

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! - 15

A realistic depiction of an MMORPG would feature thirty guys yelling "W2B MITHRIL CHEST+LEGS 4STR BOOST" over and over again.
I have to admit, one of the advantages of hikikkomori disease would be a plethora of time to dive into an endless RPG backlog that keeps growing.

One strange thing: it seems Satou's social skills aren't really portrayed consistently. In one episode, he's doing fine, in the next, he is filled with fear for social interaction.

Misaki as a catgirl. Best thing ever? Probably.

You should watch it!

Your avatar of best girl is cajun approved.

Thoraxes

Valvrave - 02

Wait wat

Body swapping?

Vampires?

Kills everyone.

Suddenly the kids pilot a helicopter.

I'm coming with you cause I CAN!

SPACE HARAKIRI BLAAAAASSTTUUUUU

SHE'S ALIVE

Shoko, I lov- YOUR SHIRT SUCKS I NEED TO PISS SO FUCK OFF LOSER

WHY AM I A MONNSSSSTTEEEERRR I HAVE NO FEEEEEELLLIIIIINNNGGGSSSS WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Kuroko's Basketball Bloopers 7 and 8

Takao was always one of my favorite of the partners and his singing was awesome as expected. I do want more Akashi involved hes funny

Only one more, then we have to wait until Fall for more of our favorites :(

Go_Ly_Dow

Valvrave - 02

Wait wat

Body swapping?

Vampires?

Kills everyone.

Suddenly the kids pilot a helicopter.

I'm coming with you cause I CAN!

SPACE HARAKIRI BLAAAAASSTTUUUUU

SHE'S ALIVE

Shoko, I lov- YOUR SHIRT SUCKS I NEED TO PISS SO FUCK OFF LOSER

WHY AM I A MONNSSSSTTEEEERRR I HAVE NO FEEEEEELLLIIIIINNNGGGSSSS WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

boku janaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Mature

I like to mentally preface every insane/stupid Valvrave thing with "The spiritual successor to the popular series Gundam brings you:..."

g40YVRw.gif

Episodes 144-156

After that garbage filler that I saw after the Alabasta, I thought the "Road to Skypiea" was going to be disappointing. Boy, was I wrong. Seeing Luffy hold some restrain against Bellamy only to knock that fucker out cold with one punch later on was so fucking awesome. Guess people will never learn to not mock his dreams and ambitions to become King of the Pirates.

And it seems that other important events are transpiring in other parts of the Grand Line: Ace hitching a ride with Buggy and the Smooth Pirate chick; the World Government finding a new pirate warlord to replace Crocodile (could it be Black Beard?); possible confrontation between Shanks and White Beard (DUDE IS FUCKING HUGE!)

But there's no time for that: the crew went into the fucking sky and landed at Skypiea. Too bad that they're in quite a bad spot (if only they paid that ridiculous entry fee) and will mostly likely face the Wrath of "God". I get the feeling I'll find a lot humor in this arc (especially after the serious tone of Alabasta). Whatever the case, I personally can't wait to see Luffy take on the island's so-called God. I don't know if such a fight can top the Luffy/Crocodile fight, but I'll soon find out.

One last thing: Why is Nico Robin so boring?

Thoraxes

Valvrave - 03

Am I right in calling that a... tame episode?

I mean, aside from
taking out the screw in his chair to murder those dudes then bungie to the bottom and shoot a bunch of people out to space then make a lot of smoke to destroy a lot of space craft it wasn't too wacky.

Oh except for when he tried to eat his bro.

Good lord, Doremi was one of the worst Magical Girl shows I ever watched.

The fact that I saw the 4Kids dub of it certainly didn't help matters (mostly because the main character was given the exact same voice Tails had in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise before the voice change). The designs of so many characters were awkward to look at, and it was so damn loud. I can barely recall one moment in that show where someone wasn't yelling.

I don't know, maybe the Japanese dub was better, I'm sticking with watching Nanoha now.

Narag

The fact that I saw the 4Kids dub of it certainly didn't help matters (mostly because the main character was given the exact same voice Tails had in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise before the voice change). The designs of so many characters were awkward to look at, and it was so damn loud. I can barely recall one moment in that show where someone wasn't yelling.

I don't know, maybe the Japanese dub was better, I'm sticking with watching Nanoha now.

i feel like posting the jurassic park glass of water gif would be appropriate about now

fertygo

You gonna got trashed lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

People are gonna trash you for this but from the little I watched of Doremi it was honestly pretty bad.

BUT! I haven't seen the Japanese dub yet so maybe my eyes were somewhat closed at the time. I was probably blinded by 4Kids' antics, and perhaps I have made too early of a judgement...oh what have I done.

tumblr_ltlco9uImf1qfrl6j.gif

Narag

BUT! I haven't seen the Japanese dub yet so maybe my eyes were somewhat closed at the time. I was probably blinded by 4Kids' antics, and perhaps I have made too early of a judgement...oh what have I done.

next you'll be talking about how much you enjoyed Card Captors

Defuser

Chihayafuru 2 ep 18

My god, not even a knife can cut through the thickness of the tense in this episode. I can't believe almost every episode makes me wish next week will come. GAH!!! The conclusion is is next week!!!

cajunator

Banned
Hataraku Maou-Sama

If you would have told me that my favorite show of this season would be about Satan working at McDonalds, I would have laughed in your face.
i7RTIf59KeGrK.gif

She is simultaneously so adorable and fucking scary.
Team Chiho for life.

Watched Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! last night. Much more touching than I expected it to be. And did manage to extract a couple of tears.

I wonder how likely more episodes is. Or am I better off look for light novels (or at least summaries)?

This was another blind buy for me (I love the thrill of the unknown)
I found it to be incredibly competent for a silly fanservice show.
Definitely recommend.

Theonik

I will give you that the 4kids dub is an abomination, but come on. Really?
Hating on the designs... *SMH*

Highschool of the Dead 4

Why so much recap...I still just want to know how the zombies even came about and what not, otherwise kind of a dull episode overall though
that surprise shot

Theonik

Sukeban Deka
Never underestimate the power of a yoyo in the hands of a motivated individual.
That was pretty crazy, somewhat dumb but awesome at the same time.

I will give you that the 4kids dub is an abomination, but come on. Really?
Hating on the designs... *SMH*

Okay, before this gets out of hand, let me just state here that once I finish Nanoha (including A), I'll take a new, fresh look at the Japanese dub of Doremi and post my new and (hopefully) improved thoughts here. It's been about three years since I saw the 4kids dub, so maybe my anime taste buds have matured since then. That hatred is coming from three years ago.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Well you did pick the absolute weirdest episode to watch. That episode is not indicative of what the rest of the show is like.

The rest of the show is about boob sucking.

I'll have to pm you a .gif from it some time later.

Is the .gif from the first season where
the brown haired submissive girl is licking Katarina's (sp?) special flower?

Because if not, it should be!

Thoraxes

Valvrave - 05

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is pretty much the best show this season. I can't stop laughing at everything in this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom