• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Okay, before this gets out of hand, let me just state here that once I finish Nanoha (including A), I'll take a new, fresh look at the Japanese dub of Doremi and post my new and (hopefully) improved thoughts here. It's been about three years since I saw the 4kids dub, so maybe my anime taste buds have matured since then. That hatred is coming from three years ago.
iTlDMapZ3lzHW.png

I hope you watched the dub.
Subs. Sadly. I plan to rewatch the glorious dub in June.

Railgun 5
Uuh-Oh. Shit is getting real. Excellent cliffhanger!
D': NOOO MISAKA 9982... Atleast she was able to her her badge back before being brutally murdered :'(
Man though, I felt really bad for Misaka and her clone. It hurt knowing that Misaka, or hell even Touma wasn't going to show up and save her. Curse those feels I'm feeling. Hate Accelerator, man deserves to die.

Defuser

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S ep 5

AWWWWWW SHIIEEEET!!!!

9gy0wy1l.jpg

HE APPEARS!!!! THE GORE!

The best part of railgun is starting now! The long long descend to despair and darkness. This is a good time to pick up railgun now.

Precure Allstars! New Stage first 10 minutes

New villian is Godzilla, who was promptly defeated by everyone except the Smile crew.

There's a new character who is here for the sake of this movie, and will be thrown out the window once we're done with.

Meanwhile with the Cure Girls Doing Dumb Things group (Smile!), they're looking for Fusion.

Lets see where this movie goes.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The dream for Heartcatch Precure! 2 continues.

Hopefully Dokidoki is such a massive failure that they spend a year retreading a previous profitable entry to give themselves the chance to retool the formula.

...except that would probably mean Futari wa Precure Max Heart 2: Max Harder.

AKB0048 - 09

i should love the drama but now i'm not feelign it.
The 77th generation is getting better and better each episode however.

Armor Hunter Mellowlink 1-4

xqR0Bla.jpg
0VknpmI.jpg

The escalation in the poker scene was absurdly great. I'd say he was pretty intense if it weren't for our hero here with his face blood fetish.

This is pretty much boss fights the show and it's pretty freaking great. Episode 4 especially nailed the tension and cat and mouse that I craved. Not knowing a thing about the Votoms universe helped make this show feel exotic with what seemed liked occasional name dropping of places and such. I have no idea how this compares to other 80's anime but it definitely doesn't look too bad to me. Also I totally forgot how much I liked all those classic robot moving sound effects, makes me wonder what the foley artists did to get those sounds just right.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

cajunator

Banned
Sukeban Deka
Never underestimate the power of a yoyo in the hands of a motivated individual.
That was pretty crazy, somewhat dumb but awesome at the same time.

Sukeban Deka

Guns, knives, swords, and the like ain't got shit on a yoyo. Pretty solid overall.

There is totally a simulwatch going on every night and Im missing them all.
at least I have all of these so I aint missing anything.
sukeban deka is pretty awesome though.
have yall watched Armitage the third or Plastic Little? Cause you should!

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation 06

First set of friends are still useless.

Look at all those demons!

New set of characters are still awesome.

I meant like certain aspects like the Heart monsters and the dark back story (I guess)

Precure Allstars New Stage Intermission

It's a total Suite/Smile wankfest so far.

Cameos
http://puu.sh/2R0nn Momoka (Heartcatch)
http://puu.sh/2R0oZ.jpg Miyuki (Fresh)
http://puu.sh/2R0xD.jpg Kaoru (Fresh), Major Heartcatch Spoilers
Kumojacky, Sasorina, Cobraja

So Ayumi (new girl) runs into Miyuki and Hibiki, causing them to chase her down in order to apologize. And then Miyuki and Hibiki find out about their true identities and have a fight against Fusion. Meanwhile at New Girls place, she puts "if you eat, you can grow" into Fu-chan (Fusion)'s head. So that yellow thing in the second image. He ate a dog

He ate a dog

HE ATE A FUCKING DOG

What the hell!? Darkest All Stars movie ever. Thanks Ayumi, thanks to your loner personality and you hating your mom for resetting your Xbox, you have now wished everyone will die, and Fusion will do it for you. THANKS A LOT, you're a terrible person.

Oh yes, its still a Suite+Smile wankfest.

Railgun 5

Yep, still my favorite show about a tsundere. Don't even care about the retread, as long as they cover more of the science side.

Edit: First post in new thread, weeee.

trejo

I still don't understand why Accelerator receives so much love. He was just another shitty character in a season filled to the brim with shitty characters, and a pretty lame villain on top of that.

Is it just because of the "psycho" angle?

Thoraxes

Photokano - 06

jXqCneoolkFIU.jpg

I still don't understand why Accelerator receives so much love. He was just another shitty character in a season filled to the brim with shitty characters, and a pretty lame villain on top of that.

Dude has
his own loli

He was a shit character in Index, unless he does something differently in Railgun, I don't get it either.

Narag

Armor Hunter Mellowlink 1-4

This is pretty much boss fights the show and it's pretty freaking great. Episode 4 especially nailed the tension and cat and mouse that I craved. Not knowing a thing about the Votoms universe helped make this show feel exotic with what seemed liked occasional name dropping of places and such. I have no idea how this compares to other 80's anime but it definitely doesn't look too bad to me. Also I totally forgot how much I liked all those classic robot moving sound effects, makes me wonder what the foley artists did to get those sounds just right.

Arena fight in episode two was so godly.

Nanoha - 6

Well after some cute backstory, we get some more Nanoha V.S. Fate action.

I like how even in human form, the wolf girl still eats dog food.

I'm confused, is Nanoha controlling that wand? Or is the wand controlling itself at some points? Is it a fashion similar to Code Geass
where Suzaku automatically acts on his own whenever he's about to die with the "Live" command?

I lol'd when she walked off the screen and I heard the slapping sound effect. That would have been hilarious if it weren't for the next scene.

Wasn't expecting both staves to break like that. I didn't think they hit that hard. Welp, on to episode seven!

Narag

...fuck

the only reason why I haven't deleted that post outright is because if I ever do that again I know you people will rag on me about it FOREVER

You draw more attention to this than anything others do. If you were wrong, oh well about it and move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom