• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Finally....a mistake that will bound to happen, a future railgun episode synopsis that mix up Mikasa and Misaka name.
xg1M8F6.jpg

I can't get enough of Yaraon's ascii.

TCYVvpF.png

I still don't understand why Accelerator receives so much love. He was just another shitty character in a season filled to the brim with shitty characters, and a pretty lame villain on top of that.

Is it just because of the "psycho" angle?

I like him because it's the first time you realize just how broken people in the Index universe are. And he doesn't even have the most ridiculously overpowered ability in the series.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Articalys, deleting your posts when they're redundant/wrong/inaccurate/whatever is far more annoying than any misdirection that might've been caused by the posts themselves.

I don't know why you're so intent on maintaining this pristine and perfect news posting record.

Chill out.

I like him because it's the first time you realize just how broken people in the Index universe are. And he doesn't even have the most ridiculously overpowered ability in the series.

It doesn't come across as ridiculously overpowered when
he gets his ass beat by Touma pretty easily, and then is left crippled afterwards.

It doesn't come across as ridiculously overpowered when
he gets his ass beat by Touma pretty easily, and then is left crippled afterwards.

Well, the plot kind of required that. It's pretty dumb though. There were so many opportunities to
take Touma out
and he squandered all of them.

PreCure AllStars! New Stage END

That was.... the worst All Stars movie by a landslide. Holy shit, it's like the last portion of the movie just ramps up how terrible it is. Heartcatch and Fresh heroes gets lines. Everyone else? Fuck them, we don't have enough Toei Budget!

YES It is your fault that everyone in the city is getting eaten. You're responsible for it eatign the dog and your mother. You are responsible for stealing valuable time from the other Pretty Cures. This movie was your fault.

They used it as a beacon.... That was stupid as hell. It also gives us a power prospective on the Cures. The Smile+Suite group had to stop a giant ship, and combined, they stopped it but was getting pushed back in doing so. Team Max Heart just stops it with one hand and it stops completely. However.....

MAX HEART-GOGO DO NOT HAVE LINES! THEY DON'T EVEN GRUNT OR ANYTHING! What the fuck is this bullshit!? You truly made kids out to be suckers Toei, the crusher of hopes and Cure Dream's voice.

And THEN YOU PULL THIS SHIT

A reminder that assholes can become Cures. This is stupid. I wanted more Heartcatch spotlight at least, they're still pretty new. BUT I DIDN'T GET THAT. I won't be surprised if they pulled this shit with New Stage 2.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Okay, before this gets out of hand, let me just state here that once I finish Nanoha (including A), I'll take a new, fresh look at the Japanese dub of Doremi and post my new and (hopefully) improved thoughts here. It's been about three years since I saw the 4kids dub, so maybe my anime taste buds have matured since then. That hatred is coming from three years ago.
See, you already know what you need to do.

CorvoSol

If the humor needs to be explained, then it's just not for you.

I still like it, though, just not for the unexplained humorous reason that everyone else seems to be going for. I'll try and loosen up on it for next episode and see what happens.

Still ain't gonna like Q-Vier, though. I didn't like him in Gundam AGE, and I won't in this. If I do wind up liking him, I'll change my avatar in shame.

Jex

Armor Hunter Mellowlink 1-4

This is pretty much boss fights the show and it's pretty freaking great. Episode 4 especially nailed the tension and cat and mouse that I craved. Not knowing a thing about the Votoms universe helped make this show feel exotic with what seemed liked occasional name dropping of places and such. I have no idea how this compares to other 80's anime but it definitely doesn't look too bad to me. Also I totally forgot how much I liked all those classic robot moving sound effects, makes me wonder what the foley artists did to get those sounds just right.
That's a fairly apt description. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Jex

Good lord, Doremi was one of the worst Magical Girl shows I ever watched.

The fact that I saw the 4Kids dub of it certainly didn't help matters (mostly because the main character was given the exact same voice Tails had in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise before the voice change). The designs of so many characters were awkward to look at, and it was so damn loud. I can barely recall one moment in that show where someone wasn't yelling.

I don't know, maybe the Japanese dub was better, I'm sticking with watching Nanoha now.

No. Please stop watching 4Kids dubs and then forming an opinion based on your experience with those, as they clearly impact the experience you'd have (or anyone would have) watching the show. I understand that your personal experience was bad because of the way you saw the show, but writing it off because of that is folly.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 38

Seeing Amuro and Char get along all chummy is weird and I DON'T LIKE IT. Seeing Beltachika is also WRONG AND I DON'T LIKE IT. Guys, I think Zeta Gundam isn't as good as 0079. This show feels like it is lacking the direction that 0079 had, even when it meandered. It's just Kamile and Char do shit and blow shit up every episode and sometimes stupid kids get in their way. Like, if you asked me what had happened in the last few episodes, I could tell you, but I couldn't provide a narrative, whereas I remember what happened in MSG0079 way better.

Maybe its just that the show went on for too long and they had nothing to fill the time with other than OH NO IT IS JARED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN. Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad, but compared to 0079, this show feels so . . . middling.

fertygo

Maybe in the sense that she's no longer dressed as a slut while on duty for whatever reason but the actual character design? It's awful.

I can't get over her lip, good thing its fitting for Balsa.

I thought the new design looked more dynamic, the eyes just a bit too big though.

CorvoSol

"Maybe we should've brought Haro in here!"
"You don't take toys onto a mobile suit, idiot!"

HAHAHAHA take that, Gundam 00.

"Fa, go to the hangar, and give those two a spanking they'll NEVER forget." Man, Bright is COLD.

YOU HAVE NO INTEGRITY, REKKUA. YOU'RE A TRAITOR.

Jex

Yes but I still figure Section 9 would have some sort of dress etiquette.

You don't tell intelligent military grade cyborgs how they should dress, just like you never tell anyone in JoJo's how to dress. If you're a big enough badass you can dress however you want.

Jex

I've seen others express similar sentiments, so let me pose an open question:

Can anyone lay out a scenario where the students try to arrest L-Elf that doesn't end with tons and tons of murder?

Shoko distracts him with her singing, Haruto bites him. End of problem.

Mature

I felt like someone was gonna bring this up. Great background art, as usual.
This reminds me of the first impressions of Psycho-Pass episode 1 at some screening event and how viewers decided it was going to be more of a background art show than a character animation show. Funny how it ended up being pretty much neither!

CorvoSol

I've seen others express similar sentiments, so let me pose an open question:

Can anyone lay out a scenario where the students try to arrest L-Elf that doesn't end with tons and tons of murder?

That's not the point. The point is L-Elf is armed, dangerous, and nobody even cares that he's missing. Put up some damn fliers or something. Also Haruto is apparently invincible, sooooo.

Mature

That's not the point. The point is L-Elf is armed, dangerous, and nobody even cares that he's missing. Put up some damn fliers or something.
I haven't been following your conversation, but it sort of sounds like you're trying to insert logic into Valvrave.

Space Brothers 56:
Good stuff as always. Finding out about Pico's backstory was great, and we get another new perspective in Space Brothers as we start seeing things from the perspective of the engineers. As predicted, this arc is going to give Mutta a great way to step up.

Last scene with
Pico in the bar alone
was a really touching moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom