• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Even in the manga? I thought she just hung out with and had crazy cybersex with a bunch of prostitutes, not that she herself was in the business.

CorvoSol

Everyone's too busy running a country goofing off.

You're right. Forget finding the hostile maniac onboard, I'm gonna go PLAY PRINCESS ON THE LAWN.

Betterman 20

OH SHI- Asami just explained about SPIRAL ENERGY. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Oh and Hinoki is only JUST putting together the fact that Betterman, who has the EXACT HAIRSTYLE SHE DOES (which is apparently genetic christmas hair) MIGHT be her brother.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Even in the manga? I thought she just hung out with and had crazy cybersex with a bunch of prostitutes, not that she herself was in the business.
I clearly recall the manga going over Makoto's responses and it being able to be sent back over wire, or something.

CorvoSol

The Vision of Escaflowne 19

OH MY GAW. OH MY GAW. OH MY GAW. THE VILLAIN'S MASTER PLAN IS
TO MAKE HITOMI FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE OTHER THAN VAN.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Escaflowne: An anime where
Isaac Newton uses Atlantian technology to stay alive while trying to woo a japanese girl away from her multiple love interests. Now with giant robots.

You can't see me but I'm crying from how beautiful this is.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The Vision of Escaflowne 19

OH MY GAW. OH MY GAW. OH MY GAW. THE VILLAIN'S MASTER PLAN IS
TO MAKE HITOMI FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE OTHER THAN VAN.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Escaflowne: An anime where
Isaac Newton uses Atlantian technology to stay alive while trying to woo a japanese girl away from her multiple love interests. Now with giant robots.

You can't see me but I'm crying from how beautiful this is.
I've been waiting for this for so long.

Saprol

Saprol did you lose a bet or something?
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The hell are you doing to yourself?
Saprol on sudoku watch.
Oh man, starting one of those is bad enough but BOTH!!
Saprol wat are you doing? Saprol stahp
Is everything okay, Saprol?
It's just a bit of morbid curiosity. It had to be something special to keep people going despite those scores. :lol
iMmlFdQ3oDiug.png

Sword Art Online 02
iLap114wRWwk4.png

Excuse me while I bust out my mad gamer cred. Uuughhhhh.
Those floor 1 summons are wielding cotton candy maces. That dude, that was complaining the entire episode, needs to die soon.

Guilty Crown 02
Hiding the real shame until the second episode. I don't get how they can reasonably predict
what weapon he rips out of people's chests.
They just banked on
their rebellion leader not being torn to shreds by guessing what that stolen mutant shit does.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Not like this, Saprol.
TO THWART THE EVIL VILLAIN'S PLAN ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS
FALL IN LOVE.

OH MY GAW IT'S A DISNEY MOVIE. ESCAFLOWNE IS A DISNEY MOVIE. OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW.
I know, right? They should have done it the anime way and saved everyone with the power of music.

CorvoSol

In the end, though, Alan is kind of a scumbag. "Oh, Hitomi, I already
knocked up one of this kingdom's princesses
and another is madly in love with me, but I only have eyes for you, Hitomi."

Like, seriously, Beautiful Sephiroth is a huge douchebag, and it's not hard to see why the 2nd Princess hated him so much. Then again, like father, like son.

I know, right? They should have done it the anime way and saved everyone with the power of music.

No we can go deeper than that. Imagine
Newton's Villain Song. We could call it "Apple of My Eye."

LOLOLOLO

Mature

Sword Art Online 02

Excuse me while I bust out my mad gamer cred. Uuughhhhh.

Those floor 1 summons are wielding cotton candy maces. That dude, that was complaining the entire episode, needs to die soon.
I believe the completely appropriate in-universe term you're looking for is "Beater". Probably the best thing to come out of SAO.

Jintor

"This splash panel is apparently a "side business" for Motoko, as stated by Masamune in the back of the manga collection."

ah, you are correct.

Also on the same page: "Some people may be repelled by the thought of slugs fornicated, but there is an unusual carnal beauty involved which is worth looking into"

Saprol

I believe the completely appropriate in-universe term you're looking for is "Beater". Probably the best thing to come out of SAO.

I'm totally okay with not using that term anywhere ever. They're not gonna say that word non-stop to refer to him, are they?...

Mature

I'm totally okay with not using that term anywhere ever. They're not gonna say that word non-stop to refer to him, are they?...
He's a Master Beater. Kirito is the best and biggest beater out there. When the going gets tough, Kirito starts Beating.

CorvoSol

Code Geass 16

Okay, hold on. How is it that
Mao is even alive, and beyond that, how is he even MOBILE?
Yo, Suzaku is awesome. Also, Nanally's English VA is UUUUUUGH. And I guess Nanally's voice never changed, even from when she was small.

Why didn't Lelouch put his hand down on the scale, forcing it to tip and saving Nanally instead of playing Chess? Then it is a matter of reflexes, not thoughts. AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
LELOUCH USED GEASS ON HIMSELF? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Aw, man, that's Suzaku's deep, dark secret? He's basically the hero, then. I mean, that's not even really that evil. It could just as easily have been an accident, and even if it wasn't, its a tragic, heroic thing, not like, oh, you know,
killing your brother in cold blood

And I cannot BELIEVE this
"Shirley's just pretending she has no idea who Lelouch is!"
thing is going over so smoothly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Code Geass 16

Okay, hold on. How is it that
Mao is even alive, and beyond that, how is he even MOBILE?
Yo, Suzaku is awesome. Also, Nanally's English VA is UUUUUUGH. And I guess Nanally's voice never changed, even from when she was small.

Why didn't Lelouch put his hand down on the scale, forcing it to tip and saving Nanally instead of playing Chess? Then it is a matter of reflexes, not thoughts. AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
LELOUCH USED GEASS ON HIMSELF? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Aw, man, that's Suzaku's deep, dark secret? He's basically the hero, then. I mean, that's not even really that evil. It could just as easily have been an accident, and even if it wasn't, its a tragic, heroic thing, not like, oh, you know,
killing your brother in cold blood

And I cannot BELIEVE this
"Shirley's just pretending she has no idea who Lelouch is!"
thing is going over so smoothly.

Oh it gets trollier. You have no idea.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It would seem that all anime pages on MAL now have a "Buy @ RightStuf" option:

UEXQ7k4.png

This is going to create so much disappointment after being met with "0 results found" pages.

CorvoSol

FMP!TSR 3

So in this episode, Sousuke and the gang go to Nan King, where the two Chinas are about to go to war again, if something isn't done about this hostage situation. In the universe of FMP, the Cold War never ended, and the Chinese civil war ended with considerably more land gained by one side. This is all relevant to the plot because
it is evidence of how the world is not as it should be, which is part of the motives of Leonard, Sophia, and Andrei.

Things go bad when they realize the mission is a trap, but they haven't realized yet that Vincent Blueno, er, Bruno, is a traitor, too. In the manga, he is also the one who gave Gauron the program to get control of Dana and planted his subords on the TDD1, too. Needless to say, nobody likes him.

Oh and Kaname was watching Kumadoshi, which looks like Edo era Spider-Man jizzing on the faces of Yakuza.

Ezalc

Hey Corvo have you watched GunXSword? I'm curious to see what your reaction to it would be. It only has some of the best secondary characters ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom