• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Hey Corvo have you watched GunXSword? I'm curious to see what your reaction to it would be. It only has some of the best secondary characters ever.

I have not. I dunno that I've ever even heard of it.

Slayers 2

So Lina also uses her magic to make cheap merchandise. I love the goofy way this show treats the wonders of D and D worlds. Lina gives Goury a lot of technobabble explanations on magic in this episode, but Goury is just like whatevs.

NEXT EPISODE HAS ZELGADIS.

Saprol

Guilty Crown 03
izjchAugPrLex.jpg

It'd be pretty good if he just died right there.

Shu is no Lelouch. That
first experiment went awful. Why would you do that in a school hallway?
And that nonsense at the end? Look at where that got him. LOL

Articalys

Rebuild of Evangelion:Q
Evangelion:3.33 You Can (Not) Redo

Well, I'm going to need a bit of time to think about this. One thing I guess I can say right now is that
for part of the film, it really didn't feel like it belonged to the Evangelion series anymore, though I guess the fourteen-year timeskip with only a brief explanation of what happened may have had a part in that
. Not to say it was something I actively liked or disliked, just an observation for now.

I will say, though, that somehow the only thing I got spoiled on was outside of its context, a single action in a single scene at the very end (
Asuka finding Shinji in the entry plug, but NOT the fact that the new Rei joins them
, in case you were wondering), but while I'm angry about even that, given that I managed to avoid everything else, I'm willing to let it slide, as it wasn't some kind of major shocking swerve. I'll just have to go on a total blackout for Final.

Speaking of which, the wait for Final is going to be even more agonizing than the wait for this one was.

Oh, and Utada's new song is absolutely phenomenal, easily surpassing both versions of Beautiful World.

Jex

[Aku no Hana] - 5

It's taken me about five days to watch this episode all the way through. This is fairly unusual for me as I tend to sit through just about everything I watch in a single sitting. However, Aku no Hana makes me feel so uncomfortable and agitated that consuming it in one sitting is just about impossible; I have to turn it off the show to give myself a break every now and then.

In that sense, the show is very successful in crafting a thick, unpleasant atmosphere. But you already know this if you've even watched a single episode. I just feel that I must explain why I haven't posted any impressions for an episode that aired days ago.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
However, Aku no Hana makes me feel so uncomfortable and agitated that consuming it in one sitting is just about impossible; I have to turn it off the show to give myself a break every now and then.
So...do you like it?

It's maybe better to wait until the BD version.

The delay and the announcement that they will improve the visual quality of the show for the BD releases are good hints that many things were not an artstyle decisions but they couldn't do it better.

Jex

So...do you like it?

I didn't have a pleasant or enjoyable experience watching the episode but that doesn't mean I didn't like it. I like the show and can acknowledge that it's very well made but I just find it somewhat tough to get through.

trejo

I didn't have a pleasant or enjoyable experience watching the episode but that doesn't mean I didn't like it. I like the show and can acknowledge that it's very well made but I just find it somewhat tough to get through.

Amateurish looking implementation of rotoscope animation is not what I would consider "well made" but then again I could only stomach the first episode so perhaps it gets less fugly?

Someone should post more screens of dat Studio Pablo backgrounds, tho.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Amateurish looking implementation of rotoscope animation is not what I would consider "well made" but then again I could only stomach the first episode so perhaps it gets less fugly?

Someone should post more screens of dat Studio Pablo backgrounds, tho.
While the rotoscope is indeed less than optimal, the rest of the show is so well put together that one is willing to overlook the jerkiness.

jgminto

Photo Kano is the only show that makes me feel uncomfortable. If you put the ambient sounds of a snuff film over it they wouldn't feel out of place.

You wanted a harem protagonist with balls! Photokano's depravity and pandering is actually pretty entertaining at times. Hopefully Yuasa will deliver with next week's episode.

Quasar

Photo Kano is the only show that makes me feel uncomfortable. If you put the ambient sounds of a snuff film over it they wouldn't feel out of place.

Well...I came away from 5 and 6 with a pure sense of "Awwwww". Such a nice happy ending. And that's what it felt like the end of a show.

Just watched Little Witch Academia with friends, super amazing.

I don't know why I waited for this long.
My hype for Kill-La-Kill grew three times this day.

edit: also Hyouka absolutely yay

Articalys

Man, now that it's starting to settle in, I'm depressed. All the anticipation for 3.33, and now that it's come and gone, the waiting begins anew for Final.

I guess the next big event to be hyped for is Madoka movie 3, but there's no way I'm watching it in a theater with an American otaku audience, and it won't be out on BD until probably July 2014, given the timeframes on the first two...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Seikon no Qwaser] 01

I'm glad to know that breast sakuga continues to exist in this world of cute girls doing cute things and DFCs, I just don't know if breast sakuga is enough to carry a show by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom