• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chihayafuru 2 18:
Edge of the seat material.
When Komano lost, I felt so bad. I didn't think he could win in the finals, but I wanted him to at least put up a strong fight.
This episode all around felt extra strong, and the music that started playing towards the end when
the Queen was focusing really hard on the match
was out of this world.

As expected, all of Mizusawa's Big 3 will have to win for them to make it through this match. Taichi's in a really tough spot, and his opponent is a pretty bad match for him. Chihaya is counterattacking pretty well, but I have a feeling that Rion isn't out of things yet, and her injury is probably going to act up again before the end of the match. I really hope that Nishida can pull out the big win after falling short in the previous match.

duckroll

Thanks for the information! Does Mr. Ezura still has a team at Production I.G? His newer blog (http://log.ezura.asia/) seems to focus more on technical aspects of the work (in general) than talking about actual and recent projects he could be involved with...

I think the last major project for him was as director of photography for that Next A-Class thing: http://akiba-souken.com/article/anime/14984/

撮影監督:江面久

cajunator

Banned
Nanoha film 1

Someone mentioned this here and on a whim I decided to watch it. And I was pleasantly surprised, this is much better than the TV show that I never really cared much for. Maybe I should watch A's. Should I just go right to the film for that one?

Watch A's for sure.
A's is awesome throughout.

Rise is the best. The fanbase acknowledges this.

mqdefault.jpg

Also GiTS Arise looks pretty good.

I don't know who is the best because I know nothing about Persona. I do know Rise is by far the cutest.
BY FAR.

Caught Steins;Gate Fuka Ryouiki no Deja Vu today.

Some really brief thoughts since I haven't even started my review yet. I think White Fox forgot they were making a feature film, as the animation quality is pretty consistent with the TV show. It looks like a 90 minute TV episode, though I wasn't expecting much better. The CG crowds were pretty terrible (like the series), as were the cars etc. I'd strongly urge people to lower their expectations if for some reason you were thinking it'd look amazing.

The main character here is very clearly Kurisu. It's her story (and Okabe's), and while everyone else gets a fair chunk of screen time, this is a much smaller story than the one from the source material. I've read stuff from folks who were disappointed it wasn't a grander tale, but I find that silly since pretty much all the promotional stuff has said that this is Kurisu's movie.

How is it? I liked it quite a lot. It's a very focused effort, so there's not a whole lot of fat in its 90 minute runtime. I saw it in a theater full of men and women, and nearly 75% of the theater was sniffling and tearing up by the end, myself included. This feels very consistent with the original game and TV show.

For those of you who've played the game btw, the film makes references to certain paths that were only in the visual novel, which I thought was a nice way of acknowledging both versions.

I think the best way to describe it is by calling it an extended epilogue. Really glad I caught it.

SOLD
soldsoldsoldsoldsoldsoldsoldsoldddddddddddddd

Looks alright. Still not fond of the character design.
That song is hype.

image.php

I'm going to enjoy this avatar!

Lack of imagination?

I kid...

I'm going to enjoy that avatar too. Only Ritsu wouldn't know how to be a judgemental Englishman XD

Wow Yellow (Tachibana?) is amazing, wasnt going to watch this before, but I guess I may, and Hibiki is stunning too. The girl looks pretty dull, I hope she at least wont have a bland personality, after Humanity Has Declined I dont think I can endure an anime with such a lead again.

uhh..

She looks adorable. The men look boring as fuck and I hope they die in the first episode.

Never put these two in a room together. they would explode spectacularly and cancel each other out.

I've never even watched a Precure anything, but obviously the Nanoha movies are fantastic. Mostly the movie 2nd because that's a condensed version of one of the greatest things ever.

Your description of the movie makes me extremely excited to see it. If I ever have time to actually watch anything.

She is the protagonist.

Does nobody read the actual descriptions?

No, she is the hero of the story; the one that "changes the world". The guys are just in for her ride.

well the link reads like this for me after translated:

Sophomore attending Tachikawa city "Tachikawa Hosu private school". "I" first person
bright and cheerful, energetic and powerful.
The judgment criteria "or beautiful, or not beautiful," "cute or, or not cute", and would be carried out by Tsuppashi~tsu in My World full throttle, girl Moe artists system transformation that unusual.
Stationery love in particular, I sprout ultra form of pen and scissors.
I realize that some are having a good tone every day, but it has felt lacking something, I thought vaguely as "~ ~ I wonder not enough gang to life".
At that time, it is appointed to Gatchaman alien is a member of the council to "J · J · Robinson".

Nanoha - 7

Hey, the clouds are doing that DBZ thing where they go towards the power, or something.

So we FINALLY get some kind of villain in this show. It's one of those horrible abusive relationships with the parent showing unrelenting degrees of abuse towards her daughter and the confused daughter Fate just wants to be loved by her mom.

Please tell me there's going to be an epic battle against this bitch. I haven't felt good hatred towards an evil character for a looong time.

So we get this thing called the Time-Space Administration, and we are introduced to Crono. If I played Crono Trigger, I would probably have a lot of jokes for this character right now.

Smile Precure! 8

Today's Cure Girls Doing Dumb Things, we're trading spaces! Or rather, bodies!

YES! Trading bodies have a pay off outside of making Miyuki look dumb
er
. I wouldn't mind another body swap episode if there is one.

Space Brothers 57:
Pico continues to become more awesome. It's nice to see Mutta showing off his engineering skills, and
seeing Pico get dragged into things and his switch slowly turning on was great. Serika's reaction to the parachute deploying was also really nice.
I also enjoyed seeing Azuma again, even if it was very brief.

This show just continues to be utterly enjoyable and always make you feel good about people.

cajunator

Banned
Smile Precure! 8

Today's Cure Girls Doing Dumb Things, we're trading spaces! Or rather, bodies!

YES! Trading bodies have a pay off outside of making Miyuki look dumb
er
. I wouldn't mind another body swap episode if there is one.

Smile so far has the best character designs in the whole series.

Rad-

I just watched Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and what the hell at the
ending? That was like a really bad attempt of making a sad ending but it just came off as trollish and unnecessary. The show was very good up to that point as well. This is Mass Effect 3: The anime. I loved the second last ep though, the stuff with Cal was sad done right.

On the contrary I love her hair the most. Its curly moeblob hair, and the way it frames her face in this complete aura of absolute cuteness is perfection and a miracle of the universe.

The way it frames her face reminds me of cradling, or to hold her head up or something.

I'm not sure how I feel about Miyuki's hair though.

[Seikon no Qwaser] 01

I'm glad to know that breast sakuga continues to exist in this world of cute girls doing cute things and DFCs, I just don't know if breast sakuga is enough to carry a show by itself.

What else do you need?

Just you wait until the lesbian loli dominatrix shows up.

Oreimo 6

Wow the new episode was so good! Ayase is so cute but Kuroneko as well! Kirino has her moments but even Saori is beating her in cuteness.

Can't wait for the next episode of Oreimo! Ayase's reaction to Kyosuke and Kuroneko going out is going to be great.

Such a good episode. :)

Nanoha - 8

So we have our dimension-hopping organization whom I'll refer to as the Time-Space Admins. They want Nanoha to join them and she agrees.

She told her mom what she could? She was able to leave out all the details about the magic and stuff and still end up giving her an assessment of the current situation she was in?

Uhhh...Okay...

So Fate's mom is heading to the Promised Land huh? Alright Lady-Sephiroth, the last time someone tried to do that, bad things happened to him.

Shit is slowly getting more and more real in this show. By the way, I'm watching the English dub, and I have to say, I wish the dialogue was a little more...fine tuned I guess. Does the Japanese dub do things better?

Nanoha - 8

So we have our dimension-hopping organization whom I'll refer to as the Time-Space Admins. They want Nanoha to join them and she agrees.

She told her mom what she could? She was able to leave out all the details about the magic and stuff and still end up giving her an assessment of the current situation she was in?

Uhhh...Okay...

So Fate's mom is heading to the Promised Land huh? Alright Lady-Sephiroth, the last time someone tried to do that, bad things happened to him.

Shit is slowly getting more and more real in this show. By the way, I'm watching the English dub, and I have to say, I wish the dialogue was a little more...fine tuned I guess. Does the Japanese dub do things better?

The Japanese dub has Yukari Tamura in her greatest role, of course it does things better.

Tenumi

Banned
The Japanese dub has Yukari Tamura in her greatest role, of course it does things better.

I know I watched Nanoha and A's with the English Dub. Someday, I'm going to need to rewatch in Japanese.

Also, hanging out with friends means no Anime backlog catchup. I suppose watching them play Dark Souls is a good tradeoff.

Bleach 7 - 8

Watching these episodes and Ichigo's mother then thinking of the most recent manga chapters...I cant wait to see how its all tied together. Anyway, I always wondered how people said Bleach was awesome in this season...it doesnt really pick up until he learns Getsuga Tenshou.

Bleach 7 - 8

Watching these episodes and Ichigo's mother then thinking of the most recent manga chapters...I cant wait to see how its all tied together. Anyway, I always wondered how people said Bleach was awesome in this season...it doesnt really pick up until he learns Getsuga Tenshou.

I don't think you will be happy until Grimmjow appears. :p

7Th

Smile designs don't have nearly as much silhouette. When Toei gives a shit, Heartcatch's designs are wonderful in motion:

tumblr_m1uliifBh01qzn63ro1_250.gif

tumblr_m1uapnEzOD1qzn63ro1_400.gif

tumblr_lvlukz1VAY1r7c87xo1_250.gif

Looking back on it, this really was the peak of magical girl designs and Umakoshi designs.

jbug617

Banned
Oreimo 6

Good episode.
Every girls except for Manami makes an appearance. Ayase scary face is truly scary. The first time she did it in the room made me jump back a little.

Next week seems like the fun will begin with
Kuroneko going on a date with Kyosuke. Can't wait till the rest of the girls react

Also the ED video is pretty awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom