• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
cajunator has the worst taste in character design confirmed.

tumblr_mhz49fow5A1r6zl1uo1_1280.png

I didn't say they were bad, just Smile is better.

Smile's is better.

see?

Date a Live 6

THE EPISODE'S NOT IMPORTANT. CLOCK FACE NEXT WEEK.

Ohhhh fuck YES!
I cant wait :D
Hope she lives up to the hype (probably not)

Drills you say
300px-Mami_Chara_Sheet.jpg

Best drills in the business.

7Th

They will just reveal that Kirino is adopted. PROBLEM SOLVED, both the incest crowd and the non-incest crowd get to
rage.

a9kke60.jpg

Softball chick is already my fave

Photo Kano 1

Opening: Not a fan of the song.
Ending: Decent.

Nothing really noteworthy about the episode besides the MC needing to grow a backbone. Some of the girls seem decent enough (baseball/childhood friend/crying girl), so that's some good news at least.

Mature

They will just reveal that Kirino is adopted. PROBLEM SOLVED, both the incest crowd and the non-incest crowd get to
rage.
My stomach turned while reading this sentence in anticipatory disgust. Like it was right there the whole time and I never bothered to see it.

Last shot of the show is going to be that image of the little girl who's pretending to be pregnant.

trejo

Would a cutie mark on a human being be more akin to a tramp stamp?

My stomach turned while reading this sentence in anticipatory disgust. Like it was right there the whole time and I never bothered to see it.

Last shot of the show is going to be that image of the little girl who's pretending to be pregnant.

It will flash for a frame once the credits start rolling.

Theonik

Bubblegum Crisis 04
iiNQP57F3b8lk.png

Dat detailed mechanical animation
This episode was even prettier than the last with some pretty nice looking chases and 2D cars and superbikes. Awesome sakuga.
So they seem do be going for the episodic approach from here on out eh?

Articalys

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai ceramic character plates for your dining room. There's one type each for Yozora, Sena, and Kobato, all of them probably NSFW to various degrees, so I won't be posting any pictures of them here.

Not the kind of thing I would set out for a tea party -- well, if it were among otaku friends, maybe -- but hey, if you want more Meat on the table, I'm not going to stop you.

Jarmel

Banned
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai character plates for your dining room. There's one type each for Yozora, Sena, and Kobato, all of them probably NSFW to various degrees, so I won't be posting any pictures of them here.

Not the kind of thing I would set out for a tea party -- well, if it were among otaku friends, maybe -- but hey, if you want more Meat on the table, I'm not going to stop you.

At first I was disappointed that there wasn't meat on Sena's plate but then I realized how genius the pick of a donut was.

wonzo

Banned

Saprol

Sword Beater Online 04

Good to know she made that embarrassing cry for help despite being able to solo the monster right afterwards. :/

JCG

I just watched Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and what the hell at the
ending? That was like a really bad attempt of making a sad ending but it just came off as trollish and unnecessary. The show was very good up to that point as well. This is Mass Effect 3: The anime. I loved the second last ep though, the stuff with Cal was sad done right.

That twist is entirely anime-only. The original game has multiple endings but lacks that particular surprise. Feels tacked-on.

Where the hell are the Railgun S reviews in this thread? Dissapoint.

Railgun S - Episode 5

Fuck.... just FUCK.

MISAKA clone character interaction was great with Mikoto alot of funny moments only to make it feel more painful during the later half of the episode in which Accelerator comes in...

EPISODE SPOILERS:
God damn that leg rip, didn't expect that coming and MISAKA's death by truck made it only worse. However at this point having watched Railgun and Index 1 + 2 I can't hate Accelerator as he's just so badass even when a douche

Excellent episode, I haven't had feels like since watching Steins;Gate

So have they told us why Kirino is blonde? I mean, in all her photos as a little kid she's much darker haired. Did she bleach it for her modeling gig?

Sword Beater Online 04

Good to know she made that embarrassing cry for help despite being able to solo the monster right afterwards. :/

Gotta establish that female inferiority in the show

Dog Days 1

The self-insert wish fulfillment nature of the protagonist is blatent, with how much the princess and everyone in her kingdom fawns over their newly arrived hero, but it's handled in such a light-hearted, inoffensive manner that doesn't become annoying. The low-stakes, low-consequences "war" is more like a TV game show, so the self-seriousness that could have helped sink the show (see Sword Art Online) is absent. I enjoy Cinque's acrobatic showing off, and the overall brisk energy makes this a pleasant watch.

Also, animal ears! :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I guess I'm still watching almost everything...

Attack on Titan 6
Mikasa really should be the main character. Even as phantasy version of a Vulcan, she is more interesting than the rest of the cast put together.

OreImo S2 6
Is anyone still trying to say this isn't a fucking incest show? God damn.

Muromi-san 6
Maybe it's because it's a 12 minute show, but it's stupid enough that I find it funny. I'm assuming they're just going to go through a myth a week and show their wacky interpretation of that myth and that works for me.

Hentai Prince 5
Maybe Dresden was right; it does go downhill from episode 4. lol

Leviathan 6
This is fine in a generic way, but why can't Tanken Driland be licensed?

Space Bros 57
I really don't know if this arc represents growth in terms of the mangaka becoming a better writer or just the mangaka getting a better handle with the material and the characters, but coming off of last week's great episode, this episode was perhaps just as good.

I mean, directly compare this to the "bubble" arc where the characters were trapped in a fake moonbase for like 10 weeks and it's no real comparison in terms of how better the pacing and the foreshadowing has become.

The English thing is still a bit of a problem though, because you have this gag:
vdpBTGsl.jpg

GJcTC2Zl.jpg

But this ONLY works if the characters are speaking Japanese. So either all the Japanese characters are speaking Japanese and Amanti and Pico speak Japanese, or the Japanese dudes are being rude and leaving Amanti and Pico out of the conversation by speaking Japanese, or this is an error that the mangaka was willing to make for the sake of the joke.

Again, I'm sure Americans aren't supposed to be watching this show, so a Japanese audience wouldn't think about this stuff, but moments like this are enough to just take me out of the show.

That said, I want to believe that because of the increase in quality that this scene is a direct reference to episode 1:
qCmOmzLl.jpg

And, more specifically, where Mutta finds himself now.

I hope that this arc represents a new standard of writing for the show anyway. Here's a show that went from making me wish it was the movie a few months ago and is now one of the shows that I look forward to each week. I can only hope Chihayafuru can go through a similar transformation. :p

trejo

Dog Days 1

The self-insert wish fulfillment nature of the protagonist is blatent, with how much the princess and everyone in her kingdom fawns over their newly arrived hero, but it's handled in such a light-hearted, inoffensive manner that doesn't become annoying. The low-stakes, low-consequences "war" is more like a TV game show, so the self-seriousness that could have helped sink the show (see Sword Art Online) is absent. I enjoy Cinque's acrobatic showing off, and the overall brisk energy makes this a pleasant watch.

Also, animal ears! :)

Inoffensive is a good way to describe the show in a single word, although sometimes it leans more towards boring when you know beforehand all stakes are pretty much nonexistant. Still, maybe I'll get back to season 2 someday.

Mr.Jeff

Yuru Yuri - 02-07
Well I won't say it's improved but it's certainly watchable. It still has this lingering feeling of dragging out jokes for too long though such as the continuous, over-the-top delusions of grey hair. There's some charming moments in it though. Could really stand to lose Chinatsu mind; mainly because she ruins the :sdbirton pair of Yui and Kyouko. Also, being Akari is suffering.

Metrotab

Banned
OreImo - 6

All these blushes this episode! Amazing!

Someone needs to tell me what the fuck is going on with Kirino's character now. I can't make ends meet with this girl.

Kurita

But this ONLY works if the characters are speaking Japanese. So either all the Japanese characters are speaking Japanese and Amanti and Pico speak Japanese, or the Japanese dudes are being rude and leaving Amanti and Pico out of the conversation by speaking Japanese, or this is an error that the mangaka was willing to make for the sake of the joke.

It's like when Buddy asked Hibito to translate the message his parents sent. Like, wtf man, you asked him in Japanese, why can't you understand the message?

Instro

rage.
Nah, the title is actually foreshadowing. His little sister can't be this cute because kirino murdered and replaced his real sister years ago.

jgminto

Gurren Lagann 4

I can see why people have a problem with this episode. The faces are something special. The episode was also pretty mediocre. It was nothing but a character introduction. The Black Siblings were fun though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's like when Buddy asked Hibito to translate the message his parents sent. Like, wtf man, you asked him in Japanese, why can't you understand the message?
Haha, man, I didn't even think of that one. This is the perils of having a show that takes place in America for half the series I guess. lol

Taruranto

Nah, the title is actually foreshadowing. His little sister can't be this cute because kirino murdered and replaced his real sister years ago.

His little sister was actually a little brother called Kirito and the original title was "My Little Brother Can't Possibility This Perfect!".

Jarmel

Banned
My biggest issue with OreImo isn't even the pandering. It's the fucking characters. The brother must have been born with a ballsack missing as he just lets others dictate his actions to such a large extent. Kirino continues to act like the bitch she is. They're both horrible characters to watch.

Jintor

I don't think they do. Everyone was speaking the fantasy language, but depicting it as Japanese, just like in episode 1.

Nah brah, Emi, Maou and Alsiel were speaking Japanese-ass Japanese but the others were just speaking their crazy fantasy language.

I mean, Chi understood them, so...

Articalys

Haha, man, I didn't even think of that one. This is the perils of having a show that takes place in America for half the series I guess. lol
I've largely been ignoring worrying about the translation conventions for the most part, since it's not really getting in the way of the plot. The only time they've made a point that a non-Japanese character clearly doesn't know Japanese anyway is the one guy that makes stupid kanji t-shirts.

Same thing with the Maou-sama stuff, I guess. Unless they raise it as a critical plot-point issue that character A is speaking in language A, I'm basically "eh, whatever."

Jintor

Same thing with the Maou-sama stuff, I guess. Unless they raise it as a critical plot-point issue that character A is speaking in language A, I'm basically "eh, whatever."

It's something you could easily explain with magic in half a sentence and I would've been satisfied though...

Nah brah, Emi, Maou and Alsiel were speaking Japanese-ass Japanese but the others were just speaking their crazy fantasy language.

I mean, Chi understood them, so...

Chi understood them because she knows the language. Remember, she said she understood it for some reason when she heard it in her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom