• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

An entire page dedicated to kayos getting futanari and fujoshi mixed up and the reactions that ensued.

If that's not the mark of a tight-knit community then I don't know what is.

7Th

I wonder if there really is a market for something like FREE! to be honest; I don't remember the last all-male cast show that sold well. Popular fujoshi shows are stuff like Tiger and Bunny, Geass or F/Z, which have a pretty wide appeal. Going by what the director has said, there really isn't any audience for FREE! other than fujoshi. :p

duckroll

I wonder if there really is a market for something like FREE! to be honest; I don't remember the last all-male cast show that sold well. Popular fujoshi shows are stuff like Tiger and Bunny, Geass or F/Z, which have a pretty wide appeal. Going by what the director has said, there really isn't any audience for FREE! other than fujoshi. :p

You seem to be forgetting Kuroko's Basket. :p

Dresden

They just need to put in a female manager.

Ultimadrago

Perhaps there's an untapped audience that desire much more animated swimming in their lives.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
some untranslated episode of Jewelpet Sunshine:

"This is the country of jewels, Jewelland. From the unclouded eye of a pure jewel, the Jewelpets were born."

I got that far before my brain could no longer translate Japanese to English in real time. I've failed you, 7Th.

I did skip farther into the episode and saw this:

NQ9WU7Zl.jpg

One of the three iron laws of Precure BROKEN. I'm kind of excited about the prospect of a plastic shit show that doesn't have Nintendo levels of paranoia about alienating its most conservative consumers.

7Th

One of the three iron laws of Precure BROKEN. I'm kind of excited about the prospect of a plastic shit show that doesn't have Nintendo levels of paranoia about alienating its most conservative consumers.

It broke the "no punching in the face" and the "no romance" laws in the very first episode!

duckroll

That has regular female characters that appear every episode. And it was basically shounen-action poorly disguised as sports-manga/anime

I'm not sure why any of this matters. It's a show about a male basketball team playing against other school teams. The majority of the characters a guys, and it's a show about guys playing basketball.

There are exactly 2 female characters here out of 16: http://www.kurobas.com/character/

madp

The Light of El Cantare
edit: n/m, this might be over the line :lol

edit: Syrinx if you read this you're going to get spoilzed on Heartcatch two posts down so watch out.

Articalys

Well, more stuff happened in this thread I see. Kind of figured Free! would drive the conversation for a good day or so.

It feels increasingly awkward to post any sort of news article from ANN, since I feel that (other issues about the site aside) it still should be on any English-speaking anime fan's newsfeed/Twitter/whatever and thus alerting people here to anything from it seems like it should be redundant, but anyway:

The new Tiger and Bunny - The Rising movie got a delay from this fall to February 2014 to improve the film's quality. They also posted a sweet new Kotetsu design too:
QnvlJoq.png

Look at that fashion sense. Impeccable.

Heartcatch Precure! Episode 43

A whole new baby! That isn't a fairy! The realization of Tsubomi becoming a big sister increases her Responsibility stat by 10 points. This manages to tie into victim of the week, who is dealing with the "Older Child is neglected for the younger one" disease. We also find out why Tsubomi is called Tsubomi, because symbolism.

Not much plot really.
Feels rather standard. They gain a beam I guess. Not much for me to say here in regards to the victim, although I liked her little chalk drawings.

Next episode is the Christmas episode from what I noticed. And Shit goes DOWN! It's ramping up!

cajunator

Banned
What happens if he has no friends?

Haganai!

wait. I thought fujoshi was those girls with penises....

:KAYO~SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This thread has gotten weird..... again....

When is it not?

some untranslated episode of Jewelpet Sunshine:

"This is the country of jewels, Jewelland. From the unclouded eye of a pure jewel, the Jewelpets were born."

I got that far before my brain could no longer translate Japanese to English in real time. I've failed you, 7Th.

I did skip farther into the episode and saw this:

She's a cutie. This looks so silly.

Straight pairings are boring, plain, like vanilla ice cream.

Yuri is awesome and delicious, like strawberry ice cream.

You get?

Strawberry Panic! :D

WOW

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 42

Lamest. Desertrian. EVER. Seriously. Cobraja made a Desertrian out of a love letter. What's the worst that could happen there? Some nasty paper cuts? OH NOES! Man, if you want to beat them, you're gonna have to do a lot better than that.

"I'll eat and sleep a lot so I can grow up fast!" Uh...I think this kid may have the wrong idea what it means to "grow up". Sounds like he wants to "grow out".

63c790ee58514593e83f034e18d2a7601357243304_full.jpg

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East 1

Opening: Good.

Didn't really like this episode. I appreciate that they showed some backstory with the flashback when Shino (8/10 not as convincing as Haku or Bridget) and everyone else dying before taking Murasame from the blond. I just didn't like how they seem to skip some of the stuff throughout like Kenta getting caught or how Himaji ended up following the dogs and being taken away, each time making me feel like it was a lazy attempt when the episode was being made.

Shino himself looks to be annoying protagonist. Never been a big fan of the loud mouth ones and I don't see him changing it any time soon. On the otherhand, Sosuke seems really cool and I'm glad he seems to be a major character, since following Shino alone would probably make me drop this. The fact that he can turn into a dog definitely earned some bonus points from me.

7Th

I'm not sure why any of this matters. It's a show about a male basketball team playing against other school teams. The majority of the characters a guys, and it's a show about guys playing basketball.

There are exactly 2 female characters here out of 16: http://www.kurobas.com/character/

The "action-shounen" part is what gives it a "wider" appeal; it was basically Kinnikuman or Ippo with pretty boys.

But you're right; I don't think I can safely claim that anyone other than fujoshi bought Kurobas.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It feels increasingly awkward to post any sort of news article from ANN, since I feel that (other issues about the site aside) it still should be on any English-speaking anime fan's newsfeed/Twitter/whatever

But Arti-kun, you are my one true news source!

duckroll

The "action-shounen" part is what gives it a "wider" appeal; it was basically Kinnikuman or Ippo with pretty boys.

But you're right; I don't think I can safely claim that anyone other than fujoshi bought Kurobas.

I don't think that Free is risk-free either, but I think that KyoAni was definitely thinking about something like Kurobas when they decided to try this project. Just like they were probably thinking of K-On when they greenlit Tamako.... Lol. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom