• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
What do you mean?

Well female fanservice is tits and ass. Male fanservice is detailed chest and ass. The difference is that you can display a male's chest without anyone caring really compared to say breasts. They can get away with more compared to say females.

the only question is which figure did you choose? there is no wrong answer!
Choose ? Let me ask my wallet ...
But i only knew about this one

Nah; the Miracle Lights did ensure that every Precure movie finale henceforth would be a load of bullshit, but on its own merits Fresh still isn't the worst movie. That would definitely be the Suite movie, which was the show's own endgame repackaged and gutted of anything but the most perfunctory shell of a narrative. I'd even put it below DBZ 4: Lord Slug and Sailor Moon S: Hearts in Ice for the most generic Toei annual audience exploitation film.

The Fresh movie's true crime was that its entire finale was CG. Not just the villain, everything. The irony of a franchise whose entire business model is encouraging children to flush their toys down the memory hole every year for an entirely new line of plastic shit making a film where the villain is a toy upset about being abandoned by its owner shouldn't be lost on anyone, either.
I agree .

Suite is the worst i agree with that statement. However the miracle light is such a Bullsh*t move in term of story that it ruined any kind of finale.It broke the 3rd,4th,5th,7th & 10th walls. I can't forgive the miracle lights.

Eh I think with Coco/Nozomi it sorta hit the max social link already. They clearly knew they wanted to bone each other (they share a kiss at least). But everyone else, even the "Urara/Syrup" thing was just there, instead of trying to develop what Yes! 5 gave it, it just threw it to the side. But yes. There was a big issue I had with Yes! 5, and to extension, GoGo. This is it compared to the rest of the series (up until Heartcatch for me). The side characters, or the lack of them. I can't give a shit this time about what a fodder characters troubles are. They amounted to nothing. HELL I forgot everyone had siblings or parents because they couldn't pay their bills to Toei to get an onscreen appearence (Like Miki's brother). This series was clearly more focused on the main crew than everyone else.
Well they indeed went out of their way to introduce the most boring sidequest for precure . Part of the reason why Yes precure is so horrible.
I think the other thing that was weird was Urara. She seems so different from before she was recruited by Nozomi. She practically became Nozomi Jr, but with an actual goal from the getgo.

Anyway, GoGo's movie introduced the concept of Miracle lights (unless somehow this came out after Fresh's movie), but at least it managed to stay interesting due to its sexual parasitisms. Fresh is still a terrible movie (and below average series with some up points).

*readies spaghetti and coffee for breakfast* time for Heartcatch 42.
There was miracle lights in gogo ? I can't seem to recall it.
Anyway what was a nice idea , once was ruined because they overused it so many times because they wanted to sell this horrible toy in the theater shop.
Not if Kyoani sell gangbusters.
It doesn't matter how Good this anime will sell or not . There is a garden and that ecosystem will be preserved. I don't care about the new "trendy" world that anime world want to evolve into ... My castle will not be conquered. I will defend it to the last breath !

Current examples of species in the garden to protect:
Cuticle%20Tantei%20Inaba%20-%2008_01.jpg

DokiDokiPrecure_08_02.jpg

Even if i'm to fight by myself i'll protect this garden.

cajunator

Banned
Well female fanservice is tits and ass. Male fanservice is detailed chest and ass. The difference is that you can display a male's chest without anyone caring really compared to say breasts. They can get away with more compared to say females.

I agree with that.
fanservice catering to males goes way over the top and degrades the shit out of females. Its well known. This is why I dont mind fujoshi shows.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Props to Brazil for this awesome OP !!
Oh come on, you can't just copy and paste the OP. Each OP should reflect the poster, or maybe you want to be seen as lazy. :|

At this rate he's gonna write a LoL-esque ragequit post about it.
Jesus, I've seen ABF posts shorter than that.

You know you're a jerk, right? It's alright. I can just ignore your shitposts anyway. It's not like they're worth anything in the first place.
His posts are not shit. They're QUALITY.

Well damn, when was that changed? :lol
When avatars started being hosted on GAF, along with the banning of animated avatars.

GODDAMIT NICO DOUGA -_- Could these people start using youtube please?
You're telling me you don't like being kicked out of a stream because of premium members? What a silly thing to think.

There was a post here. It's gone now.

I'd pay money to wipe everyone's memory of code geass so we can do a simulwatch for the first time again.

(Because I missed it the first time around qqqq)
Well you don't need to wipe mine since I've never seen it (you'll notice there's a lot of shows I haven't seen).

Another OT? You guys are too damn fast!
If someone made an Another OT you would describe them as anything but fast.

That just because ManGAF don't know how to party!
They need to learn from Gandhi.

Why did anyone think it would be FMP?
I'm sure a Yotsuba&! anime is more likely.

Wait. If that VA is still alive then whose blood do I have on my hands?

I used to go to an all-boys school. It was never sexy.
Not even the female teachers?

But my all boys high school didn't have a swimming pool, so I think it might have been disadvantaged
Ours did. They then filled it up and turned it into a gym because it was too costly to run.

I passed out on my keyboard around 7:45 am and awoke to 4 new pages . I looked out of curiosity what the hell was going on and...
You passed out on your keyboard? That doesn't sound healthy. Go to bed proper next time.

It's funny. They totally nailed how goddamn touchy feely teenage dudes are with each other. Riding on bikes together, sitting on each other's laps.
Wow, if that happened it my school you'd have been segregated from the group. There was a pretty homophobic atmosphere thinking about it.

Very few anime's are deep enough to ask "What is water?".
Maybe we'll find out in Free!

Oh the fuck with this, I'ma go watch Ultimate Muscle or something.

Something that can be entertaining.
FINALLY AN OPPORTUNITY TO POST THIS!

I never made a K-ON! ranking. Don't really see the point.
Once I made the definitive ranking list there really was no point in anyone else putting their own list together.

That SNAFU show what the hell does SNAFU mean anyway sounds like a type of sneeze - 04
Yankee army slang stuff.

What exactly is Jewelpet anyway? I know it's gaining attention because Doki Doki Precure isn't that great and is pretty much becoming HaremHarem Precure.

cajunator

Banned
Choose ? Let me ask my wallet ...
But i only knew about this one

I agree .

Suite is the worst i agree with that statement. However the miracle light is such a Bullsh*t move in term of story that it ruined any kind of finale.It broke the 3rd,4th,5th,7th & 10th walls. I can't forgive the miracle lights.

Well they indeed went out of their way to introduce the most boring sidequest for precure . Part of the reason why Yes precure is so horrible.

There was miracle lights in gogo ? I can't seem to recall it.
Anyway what was a nice idea , once was ruined because they overused it so many times because they wanted to sell this horrible toy in the theater shop.

It doesn't matter how Good this anime will sell or not . There is a garden and that ecosystem will be preserved. I don't care about the new "trendy" world that anime world want to evolve into ... My castle will not be conquered. I will defend it to the last breath !

Current examples of species in the garden to protect:

Even if i'm to fight by myself i'll protect this garden.

So you ended up with the same Xiaomei figure?

There are several of them. A couple with her sitting down with a takoyaki fish or whatever they call those and one with her by some kind of treasure chest or something. they are all adorable. I almost bought them all but figured that I only need to get multiples of very special charactersl ike Kuroneko and Kuroyukihime. Because Im a goddamned hypocrite XD

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
"Now proceed to apply lighter fluid to the eyes…
I honestly didn’t think I’d see anything more soul-crushing than Ouran Highschool Host Club, but I was truly mistaken. However it’s true that highly recognised fujoshi anime are far and quite few.
But... Ouran is like top twenty anime material. :(

Steroyd

It doesn't matter how Good this anime will sell or not . There is a garden and that ecosystem will be preserved. I don't care about the new "trendy" garde that exist but my castle will not be conquered. I will defend it to the last breath !

That ecosystem may get disturbed, Kyoani made me start noticing chuunibuyo syndrome in other shows for example. :(

Also Oreimo type titling.

Also you're missing one.

And er... your first example of a garden has a dude man.

But... Ouran is like top twenty anime material. :(

It was said at the heat of the moment, or at least it better be.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What exactly is Jewelpet anyway? I know it's gaining attention because Doki Doki Precure isn't that great and is pretty much becoming HaremHarem Precure.

It's plastic shit peddling from the undisputed masters of plastic shit peddling. Essentially, it's what Precure would be if the mahou shoujo stuff was taken out but the mascots and antics were still there. Everyone trying it seems to like it because it's more free-form and less artificial than Dokidoki.

Also you're missing one.

R_Thanatos should really watch Aikatsu! if he hasn't yet.

7Th

I'm actually going to keep watching DokiDoki for Regina; she sounds exactly like the kind of character the show needs. She is probably going to be pretty unique as far as Precure villains are concerned.

I've been trying to get Jewelpet Sunshine subbed for at least 2 years now; everyone else is a bandwagon kid. Why? Because.

pls sub sunshine

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Well, because people post here so often it's hard to imagine that, at some point, we won't step on someone's toes or offend someone or respond in a manner that causes offence. It's basically inevitable. However I do think we avoid, for the most part, seriously antagonising or attacking other posters because that's not the atmosphere here exists a the present. I can't think of anyone who I consider to be acting unpleasant or asshole-osh on a regular basis, which is a blessing.
Gotcha, that sounds fair.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure! Episode 42

Hayato (the "pervert" in the image) may be a young boy, but he is one of the manliest characters given to us. He does what many think is unreasonable and/or impossible! He's a man trapped inside a little boys body, but at least he got the goods.
Slap to the face to the MomokaXYuri shippers.

Well the boys are all clearly interested in the girl and really don't interact much with each other.

The host club members in Ouran do interact with each other a lot, and part of the club's nature is to play up the BL undertones of their interest in each other for the sake of their fujoshi fans who make up their clientele. The show makes fun of the whole thing, of course.

Jarmel

Banned
The host club members in Ouran do interact with each other a lot, and part of the club's nature is to play up the BL undertones of their interest in each other for the sake of their fujoshi fans who make up their clientele. The show makes fun of the whole thing, of course.

The fujoshi is a running joke in the series and the characters obviously aren't isolated from one another but the focus is primarily on Haruhi.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm actually going to keep watching DokiDoki for Regina; she sounds exactly like the kind of character the show needs. She is probably going to be pretty unique as far as Precure villains are concerned.

I don't think that Dokidoki needs another character who, by current indications, adores Mana or otherwise views her as "special" or "interesting". Regardless, I'll see the show through like I've seen them all through.

I've been trying to get Jewelpet Sunshine subbed for at least 2 years now; everyone else is a bandwagon kid. Why? Only if Alice vs Regina doesn't deliver.

Just pick it up anyway because you know you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

That ecosystem may get disturbed, Kyoani made me start noticing chuunibuyo syndrome in other shows for example. :(
Such disturbances in the force are not enough to shake things.
And er... your first example of a garden has a dude man.
For me the garden is not in the show but in the characters.
In that case those 2 girls are "best friends" but at times they clearly show more. A deep friendship i guess.
Doesn't matter if there are males close by as long as this friendship can't be denied.

It's plastic shit peddling from the undisputed masters of plastic shit peddling. Essentially, it's what Precure would be if the mahou shoujo stuff was taken out but the mascots and antics were still there. Everyone trying it seems to like it because it's more free-form and less artificial than Dokidoki.
Might start this one day
R_Thanatos should really watch Aikatsu! if he hasn't yet.
Already tried. It was "alright" but given that i have only 24h a day i decided to "watch it later".... but my backlog in anime is long ... i do plan to watch it ..but i have so many things to watch first ...
I have trouble / difficulties with idol based shows.
So you ended up with the same Xiaomei figure?

There are several of them. A couple with her sitting down with a takoyaki fish or whatever they call those and one with her by some kind of treasure chest or something. they are all adorable. I almost bought them all but figured that I only need to get multiples of very special charactersl ike Kuroneko and Kuroyukihime. Because Im a goddamned hypocrite XD

Oh i remember the one with the fish..
Well i like the character design and attitude but this is enough for one fig purchase.
My budget prevent me from buying more than one.And sometimes i really wish i could for some characters.

cajunator

Banned
Have to admit. Jewelpet looks quite interesting.
Decided to stay in tonight. tomorrows festival band lineup is much better. nothing worth going out to see tonight. So it will be an animu catch up night :D

7Th

I don't think that Dokidoki needs another character who, by current indications, adores Mana or otherwise views her as "special" or "interesting". Regardless, I'll see the show through like I've seen them all through.

I'm talking more about her attitude and her real role in the story. You've read about that, right?

The first season of Jewelpet isn't fully available in translated form either. I thought you were able to understand/read Japanese, though. Am I mistaken?

Anyone can understand Sunshine. Even if they don't know much Japanese. Most of the cast can only repeat its own name! But I can't make NeoGAF watch it unless it is subbed.

The fujoshi is a running joke in the series and the characters obviously aren't isolated from one another but the focus is primarily on Haruhi.

Don't forget the whole Twins thing in the club is to play up their affection for each other at the start.

I might take up Jewelpet, but it probably won't be for a while. Too much PreCure in my blood and everything else is getting neglected...like Maou.

Anyway Regina does look interesting, and apparently she looks like she wants to be part of the harem, going far as to wanting Mana for herself. Lovely. I'm wondering what she'll add to the story. Rikka sounds like a focus for 14 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom