• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This is pretty damn cool.

An entire collection of handmade character-themed Precure bags -- one for every Cure in the whole franchise.

(The other thing I learned from this article is that the biggest Precure-only doujin event in Japan is named "Rainbow Flavor".)

MkajVju.jpg

barf bag.

gapqVum.jpg

So childhood friend route first huh

Photo Kano 5

Episode was okay, though I'm not a fan of how the conflict occured between Maeda and Niimi. Glad to know all the club members are decent enough to help search for Niimi when she was missing, especially glasses senpai since he actually seemed cool for once instead of acting like a perv.

Thoraxes

Photo Kano 4

So this definitely felt like the end to the common route in a VN.

Don't really think they'll be able to focus on all 7 girls with the 12 episode format unfortunately. But if the ending is any indication, the only girls getting a route would be Niimi, Mai, Aki, and Nonoka, all of whom I wouldn't mind.

I'm hoping for Mai, imouto, and softball.

Soma

So PhotoKano is going the omnibus route after all? Huh.

Might have to hop back in for the (hopeful) Class President episodes.

Go_Ly_Dow

Aku no Hana really does pull at my emotional strings like no other show has done before.

It feels like I'm the one being abused by Nakamura!

cajunator

Banned
So anyway, reflecting on Arjuna, I think it was actually a pretty good show.
It wasn't as Kawamoriiiiiiiiiii as I was hoping for but I wasnt bored or disappointed at all.
Im really glad I finally watched it.

Thoraxes

Picture Amy with cat ears.
would it be one of the greatest things ever?
This has nothing to do with that show, just a wonderful thought.

My heart is getting warmed just thinking of it.

I think of her saying "Nyyaaaaaa"

Then Ledo looks at her and asks Chamber for an analysis of what she is doing.

cajunator

Banned
My heart is getting warmed just thinking of it.

I think of her saying "Nyyaaaaaa"

Then Ledo looks at her and asks Chamber for an analysis of what she is doing.

Oh god.
my heart skipped.
Im gonna draw this when im off. Remind me.
I have to draw that scene.
its my new mission.

Tenumi

Banned
Nanoha A's - 1

My goodness I really need to watch the subbed version, but I'm so used the English VAs that it's going to be hard. The English VA on this Vita girl when she attacks is atrocious. I can't understand what she's saying in battle half the time! But other than that though, shit got real quite quickly.

I'm fairly sure Vita's attacks are in German, so that might be messing you up. Maybe. I watched it English Dubbed as well.

This is pretty damn cool.

An entire collection of handmade character-themed Precure bags -- one for every Cure in the whole franchise.

Those are awesome. Heartcatch bags definitely look the best to me.

Speaking of Precure...

------

Smile Precure: 23

This was an absolutely great episode. Animation was top-notch, and the fights were great. Violent, too, on a level I haven't seen in a "little girls show".
A new type of Akanbe, the Yellow nose, appears
, though its strength doesn't seem too much higher than normal.

After some great fights with the main villians and the Precure, Pierrot is revived, and he seems quite strong. Doesn't look quite like I imagined, though. So the Precure get a new power-up, a strangely phallic staff that allows them to access Princess form, through the power of the Pegasus or something. That defeats Pierrot, and the Kingdom is saved!

...But we still have half a series left. So yeah.

...Wait a second. That's not a
Pegasus
, that's an

Smile Precure 14

Part 3 of the School trip saga, Cure Girls Doing Osaka things! And the group gets split up!

This might not of been a Yayoi episode but she pretty much steals the show.

Yayoi and Miyuki profitted from the food while everyone else suffered. This is what they must feel like when Yayoi dwarfs them in fanbases.

However.... the battle portion really bugged me. HEY GUYS LETS USE OUR SUPER ON A BLUE NOSE AKANBE! LIKE THAT WORKED THE LAST TWO TIMES! Oh no, so it doesn't work on the Blue Nosed ones, OF COURSE IT DOESN'T! But oh well, Reika got her takoyaki, which is pretty delicious, although I never had freshly made ones.

Mouryou no Hako - 5-9
Remember when I said it seemed that things were finally getting started after episode 4? Well, I was wrong. The next two and a half episodes featured a long-winded discussion about spiritualism, demons, and the manufacturing of boxes within the town. The problem was that they were done in the most boring way possible that nearly put me to sleep.

It could have had plenty of creative storyboarding to give some life to what was being explained. The whole conversation could have been cut up with some scenes other characters doing something to spice up the monotony. The actual result is a horribly tedious info dump with the three characters speaking in boring, monotone voices. And to make matters worse, it takes up over two half hour long episodes. I get what they were trying to explain. I already have an idea of where the story is going, but this low point in the show's run could have been done a lot better.

Thankfully, episode 8 and 9 somewhat got things back on track. I really liked the meet up scene with Yoriko's mother. Now that scene was intense!

WjW3t74.jpg

Childhood friend route end

Photo Kano 6

Well the conflict ended literally at the beginning, though this was actually a blessing since the episode was much better because of it. The flashback with them together as kids was adorable and the confession scene was definitely romantic. For only two episodes, the ending was decent and wouldn't have looked out of placed if they had decided to save this for last.

Sanehara seems to be up next week.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hentai Ouji - 05

QiefbeC.jpg
zGLjtP6.jpg

King of Steel fighting off them urges. Hang in there girl!

Hilarious episode. My sides were hurting when Yokodera got KoS all flustered by
swinging his dick around
. :lol

Soma

Azazel-san Z Ep. 04

Man.

What happened to you, Mizushima? You got me all excited for this new season after Plastic Nee-san too.

:(

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
nao x reika is the only pairing worth a goddamn. owned by brian

Brian was an AU character and never existed in the true version of Smile.

Probably why I'm willing to pair Erika with Tsubomi. KanadexHibiki wrote itself.

KanadexHibiki have some steeeeeeamy
doujins
. Oh my god.

One of them includes Ellen and its probably my favorite out of them all honestly.

KanadexHibiki have some steeeeeeamy
doujins
. Oh my god.

One of them includes Ellen and its probably my favorite out of them all honestly.

Trying to recall other tastes based on what I've been informed, but I think I have a hunch on which one it is.

But it does have some pretty good
doujins, alas, none of the Gambler's Club stuff has arrived for it and Smile... sans moms

Tenumi

Banned
I've been thinking of what order to go through the Precure series with. I though about Suite after I finish Smile (going backwards through, skipping Heartcatch since I already watched it), but that would mean I'd end on Max Heart, and from the sounds of things that would be a bad idea.

I've been thinking of what order to go through the Precure series with. I though about Suite after I finish Smile (going backwards through, skipping Heartcatch since I already watched it), but that would mean I'd end on Max Heart, and from the sounds of things that would be a bad idea.

Max Heart isn't exactly the first one, that woul--- wait yep, it would. What a terrible night to have a watch plan.

If you want, you can get through Futari wa and Max Heart immediately to see if your heart can take it, considering I can (and I marathoned that shit)

cajunator

Banned
Hentai Ouji - 05

Hilarious episode. My sides were hurting when Yokodera got KoS all flustered by
swinging his dick around
. :lol

Tsukiko is so damned cute.
Im really glad I preordered that figure with the apple and cherries.

I admire your steadfast dedication to the yuri arts.

Dont bother with Max Heart.
If you watch Futari Wa Precure, max heart is just a blander followup with a completely uninteresting new girl devoid of a personality.
I still watched about half of it but its just not engaging.
watch the original though.
Honoka and Nagisa are good characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom