• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
smileprecurebrianxakane.jpg

stay eternally owned by brian and the power of his baloney poney

FUCK THIS SHIT!

I thought Smile was pure from any influence of potential boy crushes. I WAS SO CLOSE!

Reading the title to Madoka 5.
"There's No Way I'll Ever Regret It."

I have a bad feeling about this.

It doesn't mean much.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
AWW BABY! I must keep my two similar characters together. Incidentally, who is Yayoi paired up with? Would it be Miyuki?
Miyuki and Yayoi seem to me like they are both cyphers for Precure's two main target audiences aka little girls who are into fairy tales and all that crap while the other represents otaku. So, yeah?

Nanoha A's - 2

O_O

Holy crap this was intense! Unlike the last season, we're introduced to our new villains right from the get-go! And holy crap, they could not have a better introduction. The way Nanoha's crew was getting the upper hand only for another one of those bosses to show up and screw everything up.

I'm guessing the next episode is going to set the main goal of our heroes now as well as a quick breather from that intense fight.

Miyuki and Yayoi seem to me like they are both cyphers for Precure's two main target audiences aka little girls who are into fairy tales and all that crap while the other represents otaku. So, yeah?

Well yeah, that's one of the reasons why Yayoi has a fanbase at the level she does. She shares the same hobbies, proving that it grabs people who wants those type of people. I should know, I like Yayoi.

I actually have Miyuki paired up with Reika:

Well fuck, I am okay with this.

Yes, if anything though, Yes Pretty Cure 5 and GoGo was their attempt to stop that. And they tried with Fresh as well, although they gave us a bone for both of those.

I know there were potential pairings in those two, but the whole launch against SDburton killed me while watching this, but it made things really creepy in the process.

some images that explains some of the relationship pairings (with Yes! being canon pairings)

FRESH, GOGO, and Heartcatch related, spoilers for the first two, and kinda NSFW (in regards to words)

http://puu.sh/2E8ig
http://puu.sh/2E8jo

cajunator

Banned
Nanoha A's - 2

O_O

Holy crap this was intense! Unlike the last season, we're introduced to our new villains right from the get-go! And holy crap, they could not have a better introduction. The way Nanoha's crew was getting the upper hand only for another one of those bosses to show up and screw everything up.

I'm guessing the next episode is going to set the main goal of our heroes now as well as a quick breather from that intense fight.

Told you.
A's just keeps ramping up until around halfway through it blasts you in the face with amazing before settling back into merely being exemplary.

Articalys

Btw wasn't there supposed to be some revamped Neogaf Anime of All Time list considering how outdated the old one was?
I remember someone (not me, actually) had, during the AOTY voting, expressed interest in doing another all-time list. Personally I was going to bring the topic back up in July, since that would be the 6th anniversary of when the original one was.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
OTPs by series:

Futari wa - Nagisa x Honoka (durr)
Splash Star - Kaoru x Michiru
Yes 5 - Dream x Dark Dream
Yes 5 GoGo - Karen x Milky Rose
Fresh - Love x Setsuna
Heartcatch - Momoka x Yuri
Suite - Hibiki x Kanade
Smile - Akane x Nao
Dokidoki - Mana x everyone

OTPs by series:

Fresh - Love x Setsuna
Suite - Hibiki x Kanade
Smile - Akane x Nao

Would Hikari/Luminous be shipped with a deer for Max Heart's OTP

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Thanks for being a bro, that's something I'm looking forward to.

No problem! You're going to love it.

OTPs by series:

Fresh - Love x Setsuna
Suite - Hibiki x Kanade
Smile - Akane x Nao

Fuck yeah! Mad Pierrot got my back!

And darkside too!

Nanoha As - 3

Ok, now both Nanoha and Fate's weapons have somehow...disconnected from themselves I guess and now have the same system the enemies have....AWESOME!!!

Oh man, I hope we more of that blue wolf-man. With all the things I said about the English dub, that guy's voice is badass.

A bunch of other stuff happened here, home base is now on Earth, Fate's now in Nanoha's school, and we've got our villains trying to collect magic to fill up the Necronomicon. All right. Let's see where this goes from here.

Erigu

Hunter x Hunter 79
Again a great episode ... It showed a situation degrading very fast
But it also showed quite a big number of good characters interracting with each other to the point where they added plenty of "new" scenes that aren't bad actually.
They fucked up by using the name "Meleolon" already though. At this point, that character should be called "Jail".

Gargantia 5-6

As much as I enjoy Ledo's character development, I still find the rest of the show utterly boring. I don't really care about Gargantia's world or characters, aside from Ledo and Chamber.

cajunator

Banned

Who is that supposed to be?

Nanoha As - 3

Ok, now both Nanoha and Fate's weapons have somehow...disconnected from themselves I guess and now have the same system the enemies have....AWESOME!!!

Oh man, I hope we more of that blue wolf-man. With all the things I said about the English dub, that guy's voice is badass.

A bunch of other stuff happened here, home base is now on Earth, Fate's now in Nanoha's school, and we've got our villains trying to collect magic to fill up the Necronomicon. All right. Let's see where this goes from here.

Its all awesome.
all of it.

Articalys

Well do you want to do it?
Uh... I guess. Though this time around I'd probably want to ask the people who run the GOTY polls about if I can borrow their automated vote collecting scripts (and/or how they work in the first place), since it would make things a LOT easier. Still would want to wait until July to actually do the voting though, since 1) it would be right after another season break, which just feels nicer, and 2) for the style of the aforementioned anniversary reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom